Rocks fall, everyone dies

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rocks fall, everyone dies

Post  DRTJR on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:51 am

halfling rouge who robs EVERYBODY blind GO!.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:54 am

SurgePox wrote:What are people complaining about Changing Breeds? This is news to me.

Mainly it's Werewolf players whining that werewolves aren't special snowflakes anymore. Like how a weretiger's gauru form gives +5 strength. Well no shit, it's a tiger, of course it's going to be stronger than a wolf! Also they claim it panders to furries, which it so bloody does not. In CB there's a lot of emphasis on balance, that you've got these two vastly different halves to your soul and the difficulty that arises from leading two double lives. Which I what I think Werewolf should have been, instead of "We've always been special and different~". Plus I love the morality table for when you start sliding down into insanity. Either your human or your animal half starts taking control and develops a burning hatred of the other. Bad time ensue.

Another complaint are the centaurs. Wait, this is a gameline that involves Atlantis, faeries and werewolves turning into mobile phones, and you're complaining about centaurs? Really?

Personally I think CB is my favourite WW line. You're not restricted to a 5x5 splat; you can literally play anything. A sparrow assassin who kills people with a crossbow? A weasel prostitute who hypnotises her victims with her dancing? Absolutely any animal myth you can work in as a playable character. It's brilliant and has the exact sort of feral savagry Werewolf should have had. It's actually a game of shapeshifters rather than furry mages.

I'd so totally be a Corvian, btw

Although if we're talking about complaints, don't get me started on Shadows Of The UK...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ¿Señior Poopy Water? on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Raya wrote:
Another complaint are the centaurs. Wait, this is a gameline that involves Atlantis, faeries and werewolves turning into mobile phones, and you're complaining about centaurs? Really?
ololololol I played a Centaur, thought it was weird at first but ended up loving it

¿Señior Poopy Water?
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:13 pm

I was turned into an Werewolf once I was both a nible theif and a tank. I started will extremly Lucky rolls so When I got the stat bosts I broke the game.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:56 pm

That was some weak bullshit to complain about. Werewolf is my favorite WoD line, but I still enjoyed Changing Breeds (I played a fox :p). I guess I'm just better than most Werewolf fans.
Although if we're talking about complaints, don't get me started on Shadows Of The UK...
Oh, do tell.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Oh, do tell.

Are you sitting comfortably? Time for rage mode.

I was really looking forward to SotUK, mainly because Britain actually gets the WoD treatment. I do like WoD, but my main problem is that it's very Americanised. It basically assumes that the only people who play it are American, so there's no concessions for people who want to run a game elsewhere.

So wow, how awesome is this book going to be? Think of all the new mage lineages! Maybe it will reintroduce changeling! We get ghosts, leylines, Black Shuck, millenia old vampires, the Once and Future King, mad Victorian scientists...this is going to be fantastic!

Oh look, it's entirely about werewolves.

What the fuck. Out of all the different supernatural creatures the ones they chose to dominate Britain are...werewolves?! What the fuck WW, did you not have a SINGLE Brit on your team?! Werewolves have NOTHING to do with British supernatural lore! The only shapeshifters we have are aquatic monsters and magic users. Not to mention the fact that our wolves were exterminated centuries ago and we have barely any wild country left. So why the hell are werewolves so prevalent? Even if there were thousands of them, there's nowhere for them to hide! The second they start howling the police and farmers are going to be all over the countryside! The only justification seems to be WW thinking that British Isles = old = spirits = werewolves.

The other supernaturals don't get a look in. They mention that Glastonbury Tor is important and that there are unique lineages based around it, but do we get details? No. Hey, there's some special ancient vampire bloodlines, maybe I can pla- oh, no, there's no details. A whole chapter on new fetishes though!

Oh, let's not forget it's fallen into the trap of Britain is Only London. There's pages and pages of stuff on London's werewolf lodges and greater spirits. Rest of the country? Apparently just empty moors.

See, this is my big problem with the book- it's only suited for playing an American Werewolf in London games. It's so painfully written by foreigners who are trying to be British (seriously, there's a bit where they talk about accents). I mean, just look at this cover:

The only thing to make this more cliche would be if the werewolves were wearing bowler hats and monocles.

There's the little things as well, like manifestation tables. Older buildings give bonuses to ghosts appearing, and apparently a 100+ year old house counts as historic. Try and pass off a 100 year old house in the UK as historic and you'll get laughed at. Hell, right now I'm living in a house older than the US! So why on earth didn't they update the manisfestation table? According to this I can't even go to the bathroom without tripping over 5 ghosts on the way. It's ridiculous.

There's some good bits though. The Blood Farm, holy shit. Also the WoD version of the Wombles. The discussion on the themes of British horror is also spot on, and the Man Under London is awesome.

SotUK was a huge disappointment. Werewolves simply don't fit. They should have made it a mage book, or even better waited a few months and made it changeling. A changeling UK book not only would have fit perfectly (there's a reason we still don't move faerie stones), it would have been absolute nightmare fuel. It's a good book if you're running a US-based werewolf game and you want a holiday to a dreary little island, but if you want it to run non-werewolf UK-based games, it's a bit shit.

/rant

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 pm

And now for something humerus and slightly relevant:

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Ok guys to all who would like to play please download and install this program WITH patch

Spoiler:
Character Builder D&D 4e

After you've made your character on it, PM me to confirm your participation and the times you can participate. Convert to Central time if you could cuz my timechanging skills leave much to be desired =/ if you can't no worries just tell me your timezone. I will add your name to the list and give you my email so you can email me your character sheet. Background info (not the background with bonus, tho the two should NOT be in conflict: i.e. a Parantage - Raised by Wolves general background and a detailed background about Noble life) including details about their past and Current motivations and/or personal quests will all help to enhance the story and make it a unique and immersive experience for all ^^

As an fyi, I'm cutting it off at 6 people playing for now - if it goes well we'll bring more into teh story later (with the same exp as everyone else to make it even).
Confirm fast!

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:21 pm

I really want to try this, but I'm constantly busy now. We need to get one up during a break.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:48 pm

I really haven't posted much in this thread, but the more you guys talk about it the more I'm interested in trying it out too. Like Minby, I'm gonna have to wait til I'm on break before looking into it more.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:17 pm

No problems guys - even if I get enough people to start a game now I'll always be ready to let new people join in at a later date. It's easy to write new characters into a story, the hard part is adjusting the planned encounters xD I'd say make a character you like in your spare time so you'll have one you're familiar and comfortable with when you're ready to play.

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:47 am

made a character sheet...now how do I send it to you? O.o

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:40 am

Um.....I can't update the builder. I've redirected the install route like the instructions say, but every time I try (directing it to multiple places in the WotC folder while I'm at it) it keeps saying access denied. What am I doing wrong here?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Go to properties and compatability and Run as Administrator on teh updater - I just figured this out myself rofl
And it has to be routed to the Location of the Builder's .exe file, so just C:\\Program Files (x86)\Wizards of the Coast\Character Builder i think

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SuicideAngel on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 pm

Doublepost to clarify!

I now have 3 somewhat confirmed and based on their collective alignments I think we'll have an Evil campaign on our hands =)
Any looking to join later should note this fact - Good characters may not have as much fun lol

SuicideAngel
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:47 am

My Bill and Ted campaign is being put on hold for a bit since my group wants to finish the Warhammer Fantasy one they're in. So I've statted up my character for this game...

Agnes Hildegruede, the halfling pie seller!

I've started as a tradesman and intend to go tradesman -> merchant -> guildmaster. My character's ultimate goal is to open up a chain of pie shops across the known world, so I'm following the party in order to learn new recipes and experiment with pie fillings (yes, I will be cooking up the Monster of the Week every session). Since I am utterly, utterly useless in combat I'm instead going to be dealing with the party's finances and the social side of things. Plus the GM says that I can give the PCs bonuses depending on what sort of pies I bake them...so a troll pie would give them minor regeneration, for instance.

Haven't even played a session yet and I love her already. Soon a mighty pie empire will be mine! Just need to come up with a jingle now to sing whilst flogging my wares...

EDIT: Just noticed I mistyped Fantasy as 'Fantasty' Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:53 am

Ow yeah, this thread, awesome!

I am now officially in a Campaign!! EPIC!
It's a Scion campaign, where you play as the son of a god, in our case the norse gods. And then fun thing is, you play yourself! You fill in the char sheet with your own attributes, what motivates you, what are you best at etc. Then the GM takes that sheet and decides wich Norse God fits you best, i got Bragi, in this campaign he's like the Norse Sex, drugs and Rock 'n Roll God, and im having so much fun with this.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:02 am

I've heard that Scion is pretty good. Let us know how it goes Very Happy

I've always been a fan of games where you play yourselves. If anyone's interested I can share the legend of my Time Pretzel game which didn't involve me mindfucking the players, more like I took their brains, put them in a blender, mixed some crack in with it and shot it out the window with a cannon. Good times.

Dammit Ansem, now I'm curious as to which god the GM would assign to me. I need to find a list Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:24 am

also, im using the Character builder now, but it fucking sucks, i cant do anything, because some text thingy's are in the way. Isnt there a printable version or something, where i can just write im a Charismatic Rouge who's pretty decent at heart, except when there's money or women on the line.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 am

Ansem wrote:also, im using the Character builder now, but it fucking sucks, i cant do anything, because some text thingy's are in the way. Isnt there a printable version or something, where i can just write im a Charismatic Rouge who's pretty decent at heart, except when there's money or women on the line.

Mr Gone's Character Sheets

This is the site I use for my WoD sheets. There's Scion ones too in 1/2/4 page formats, interactive formats or ones specifically for your Pantheon. Hope it helps Smile

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:32 am

Just started a campaign based partly off of Paper Mario 2, Deltora Quest and the rantings of a GM who plays way too many games he can over analyze.

Oh yeah. It's gonna be a blast.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Raya wrote:
Ansem wrote:also, im using the Character builder now, but it fucking sucks, i cant do anything, because some text thingy's are in the way. Isnt there a printable version or something, where i can just write im a Charismatic Rouge who's pretty decent at heart, except when there's money or women on the line.

Mr Gone's Character Sheets

This is the site I use for my WoD sheets. There's Scion ones too in 1/2/4 page formats, interactive formats or ones specifically for your Pantheon. Hope it helps Smile

Oh this was for Suicides DnD campaign. are those on there too?

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Serras, that just sounds like it'll be amazing. Just remember....it's always-a fuckin Bowser!

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:54 pm

Right now, I'm in four campaigns... Though those could be divided into two groups (most of the players in each group are the same across each two campaigns).

Group 1:
Dungeons and Dragons: My character is a very strong and very stupid lawful good fighter.
A modified version of Mage: the Ascension that takes place in 2070: My character is a Christian priest who uses life- and mind-magic.

Group 2:
MicroLite20 (a set of simple rules that can be downloaded from here; the GM created the setting): My character is a lawful evil cleric who is planning to achieve godhood.
Gamma World: My character is a female giant who can see into the future.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 pm

My school's Gaming Club (of which I'm treasurer Razz) is thinking of starting a campaign, so if one starts up, I'll post some of the epic details here.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top