Rocks fall, everyone dies

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rocks fall, everyone dies

Post  faerieharp on Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 am

HMMM...
I use to play DnD in highschool for about two months or something. Our group didn't last long because we could never find a good time to meet or significant people would be missing. So sad...

faerieharp
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 am

I do forum roleplay. That's about it. Razz

Although the fandoms are kinda embarassing. I joined a Harry Potter based one on a whim and haven't left cause I like the people and the soap operas too much. And the other one is Ace Attorney based (that's not embarassing, though, I'm not so ashamed of that) (I play a young Klavier Gavin, my life is sweet, ja?).

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  faerieharp on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:08 am

Oh, I forum RP too 8]

And Harry Potter is not something to be embarrassed about!!!

faerieharp
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:11 am

This forum is, though, it wasn't until recently that they upped the rating to PG-13.
Course, now there's discreet sex scenes and subsequent pregnancies everywhere, because witches and wizards know NOTHING about contraception.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:24 am

D&D: in a rock/Metal fantasy world (shut up originality is devoid) as a hafling bandit, speed demon with a legendary weapon called the fin

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:28 am

SurgePox wrote:
As Eiron knows, I am currently drumming up a nWoD Innocents campaign, but I have plans on how I am going to branch that off. Also I am having a hard time finding players, so it may just never happen Sad

Move to England! I so desperately want to be in a Scooby Doo game...

Seriously, the pet dog merit from Innocents is the best merit in the whole damn game. At the maximum level you can literally go "Lassie! get help!"

Back at university I got asked to join a LARP group, but I didn't because I couldn't afford it, and also because I'm a wuss and would die horribly. Then again, the Germans always have the best LARPing Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:10 am

No way, dutch is way better!!

wait, check these foto's, you'll understand why Razz

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=FFY3GEBO (its alot, so either get yourself a bag of cheeto's, or skim trough it)

But i've come to the understanding that Amercian LARPs are different from Dutch ones, seeing as we do roleplay and combat, merging together quite nicely, and us making more "epical" costumes, Cause i saw some american costumes, and i wasnt really impressed.

Anyone got foto's from they're larp costumes, or Ingame foto's? post em!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:54 am

Raya wrote:
SurgePox wrote:
As Eiron knows, I am currently drumming up a nWoD Innocents campaign, but I have plans on how I am going to branch that off. Also I am having a hard time finding players, so it may just never happen Sad

Move to England! I so desperately want to be in a Scooby Doo game...
You just about hit the nail on the head as to what I am going for. Local kids investigate spooky goings-on around town.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:16 pm

So I don't know if anyone paid any mind to my post sometime back when I posted my experience in twod but for anyone that was curious, I had another nerd session last night and my character (a female FBI agent) whose mind was snapped in twain after embrace had comitted mental suicide after a certain event so now her alter ego "Tina" is following the same method as the beast.

"Hunt, Feed, Kill, Sleep, Repeat". Obviously following this pattern renders a PC unplayable in accordance with the rule book but I've adopted a very Joker/Anarchist approach. The GM was suprised and in quiet celebration that he had managed to push a playable character over the edge. ><

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:18 pm

I love you guys so much. Everyone else laughs at me for forum roleplay but y'all are as nerdy as I am. I FEEL LIKE I CAN BE MYSELF HERE *rainbows and sparkles and flowers*

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:23 pm

*insert Prance emote*
/Prance Very Happy

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  strider1276 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Raya wrote:Back at university I got asked to join a LARP group, but I didn't because I couldn't afford it, and also because I'm a wuss and would die horribly. Then again, the Germans always have the best LARPing Razz

Eh, can't quite get into the whole boffer scene myself. Mostly because the rules I've seen won't let me do roughly half of the stuff I *would* do with a sword (no hitting in the head, no half-swording, etc.). And secondly because if I'm going to be hitting people with weapons, I don't want to be using foam. I'd rather be fencing (rapier or 14th century German longsword). Smile

strider1276
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  strider1276 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Ansem wrote:But i've come to the understanding that Amercian LARPs are different from Dutch ones, seeing as we do roleplay and combat, merging together quite nicely, and us making more "epical" costumes, Cause i saw some american costumes, and i wasnt really impressed.

Honest question - are you looking at the same style of LARP? Boffer LARP and "social" LARP (or MET stuff) are rather different from one another. In the case of MET specifically, as it's set in a modern time frame, sometimes wearing street clothes is a perfect costume.

Also, dependent on funds, it might not be possible to get a good location to play, and thus there may be other issues with certain kinds of costuming....or swinging things at other people, I guess. *shrugs*

strider1276
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:40 pm

I have actually been involved in a forum RP at another place for sometime now. It's based off Resident Evil but with an original characters and somewhat original setting... by that I mean it is kinda based off of the lab in the first movie so yeah... but the lab is in the middle of a city on a populated island and not in the middle of the forest of BFE.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:52 pm

I tried some american style Boffering while I was there, I can still feel the shield bashing.. I also got a nice gift boffer short sword to take home with me. Ah the memories! Very Happy

Some people are just that enthusiastic! that they made a documentary about LARP'n. I do believe there is a LARP community in Southern Australia but not on the scale you'd find in America. Sad

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 am

Ansem wrote:Anyone got foto's from they're larp costumes, or Ingame foto's? post em!
Unfortunately the only pic of me LARPing is me when I was an NPC, so my costume (I was a spamalot knight, which I thought was clever) was covered completely by the tunic all NPCs wear. Sad

(I'm the guy to the right)

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:03 am

queen_camilla wrote:I love you guys so much. Everyone else laughs at me for forum roleplay but y'all are as nerdy as I am. I FEEL LIKE I CAN BE MYSELF HERE *rainbows and sparkles and flowers*

Forum roleplay is awesome (at least when games don't die because people are too lazy to update ¬_¬). I actually considered trying to start one here, but wasn't sure of the reception it'd get Razz

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
Some people are just that enthusiastic! that they made a documentary about LARP'n. I do believe there is a LARP community in Southern Australia but not on the scale you'd find in America. Sad

There was a TV series a while ago that had famous comedians hanging round different communities for a few days, then having to come up with a routine to make those people laugh. One of the episodes was of Dara O'Briain having to entertain a LARP crowd. All credit to him, his routine was actually pretty funny, despite being horribly bamboozled about the whole thing!

Edit: Found the episode on youtube!

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:05 pm

Raya wrote:Forum roleplay is awesome (at least when games don't die because people are too lazy to update ¬_¬). I actually considered trying to start one here, but wasn't sure of the reception it'd get Razz
If you were still thinking of starting a forum based rp, you could check out the "Major Jeopardy" topic. Should give an indication of how it might be received Smile

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:43 pm

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:
Raya wrote:Forum roleplay is awesome (at least when games don't die because people are too lazy to update ¬_¬). I actually considered trying to start one here, but wasn't sure of the reception it'd get Razz
If you were still thinking of starting a forum based rp, you could check out the "Major Jeopardy" topic. Should give an indication of how it might be received Smile

It went well until you ook off lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Yes... well, it looked as though enough people had the idea so one could continue. It's fairly easy to do, just very time consuming. Embarassed

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:10 pm

That comedy show thing was actually quite funny.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:44 am

MENTOK the MINDTAKER wrote:Yes... well, it looked as though enough people had the idea so one could continue. It's fairly easy to do, just very time consuming. Embarassed

that's kinda like playing DND and the master just gets up and leave though, the next guy to pick up the torch doesn't really know where the original guy was going and it just goes meh-ish

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Thread necro, this is related to Role Playan AND Vidya Gaems.

My friends have convinced me to start DMing for a game of The Legend of Zelda d20. I at first was iffy, but now I'm pretty excited.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:14 pm

wow just found this thread. i've never larped but it sounds soooo fun...wait, i lie. i think we all have as kids =P
mostly what i do is roleplay with a friend of mine via writing. we're working on our 2nd one at the moment....which i really need to finish up on....hehe...if you start a rp here let me know! =D

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 am

I've done some table-top role-playing and been at one LARP.

TRPGs:
-Shadowrun was my first table-top role-playing game and also the one I've played the most. My character is a female magician with a whip who likes to kill people. Our missions usually start with the group sneaking into some place and end with us fighting our way out. Right now we're in jail though.
-I've also played some Dungeons and Dragons. My character is a lawful good deva paladin. Right now we're in a cave and we're hunting kobolds.
-I once tried World of Darknes: Innocents. The plot was that some kind of snail-people tried to take over the world starting with our school. My character was a very brave and sometimes foolhardy girl scout. The whole thing ended with us accidentally burning our entire school down, but at least we stopped the snail-people. And to our GM's great disappointment, nobody died. Smile

LARP:
Some people in Stockholm got the very interesting idea to combine LARP and cosplay, meaning that we were going to roleplay existing characters. I though this sounded very interesting and went there. I was Mario. Smile The plot was that a group of people from various worlds woke up in a strange forest without their weapons or powers. Then Pyramid Head and some weird masked woman showed up and things started to get really creepy.
A lot of fun stuff happened that weekend. Among other things during one evening when we were sitting around the fire everyone suddenly started talking about Tifa's (Final Fantasy 7) upcoming wedding with Cloud (assuming we managed to find a way to get home) which made Tifa point out that Cloud hadn't even proposed yet. This didn't stop people from asking if they were getting invited and so on. It was quite fun to annoy Tifa. Twisted Evil
Towards the end of the LARP, we found a book with strange symbols in it and text that said we were all going to die. Somebody suggested that we should try drawing the symbols from the book on the ground in blood. Someone else objected and didn't want to use blood. He thought we should use ketchup instead. So... we drew ketchup symbols on the ground. Razz
One of the people was an original character named Ryuu that was included for plot reasons. He was a Japanese journalist who had a theory that we were still on earth and everyone else just belongs in an insane asylum. Everyone except him and Frank West (Dead Rising) until Frank started talking about zombies. Then everyone except Ryuu. Razz
Also, whenever Richard (Looking For Group) said anything, I had to try very hard not to laugh. Mario thought what he said was highly inappropriate. Out of character, I thought it was hilarious.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top