Yet Commodore Broom sails on...

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rocks fall, everyone dies

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:02 am

I've played two evil characters.

In my very first role-playing game, Shadowrun, I played a mage called Minerva Peters. Since the whole concept of the game is that we're doing the shady jobs that other people want to pretend they know nothing about, I felt it appropriate to play a completely heartless character. She liked to cut people up with her monofilament whip, blow people up with her magic and cause pain and death in general.

A couple of years later, I participated in a campaign where the GM had created the world himself and we used the Microlite20-rules. I played Elrond Hubbard, a lawful evil elven cleric. In the party, we also had Cornelia Hubbard, a chaotic evil elven mage, and the sister of my character. Though she occasionally veered into chaotic stupid territory. I had to get her out of trouble a couple of times, help her get rid of a few witnesses and stuff like that. The fact that the other two party members were a lawful good paladin and a chaotic good ranger didn't help matters.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:53 pm

So uh... I'm in a new campaign in the Club at College, and this DM is really frustrating me. I'm really just venting, so if my complaints against his style are unwarrented, just say so.

Anyway... The campaign is supposed to be in 4e, though this particular DM said that his preferred version is 2e.

The first thing that he did that.. unsettled me was the fact that he didn't want the characters to have their own backstories- he would randomly roll a die, call odds or even, and that would decide if the characters did, in fact, know one another, prior to the campaign. but, whatever. This could just be a small quirk, it's not how I'D run character creation, but in a group with a fair number of newbies I can't argue it too much.

The second part was during the first combat. We were originally on floats, showboating for our respective guilds. The setting is roughly 1600-esque, so swords and stuff but gunpowder. The three major guilds, Fighters, Church and Tinkers, were showing off in a parade... when the Tinkers opened fire on us with crossbows. One of them hits me, deals 10 damage and gives me ongoing 2 damage. He said something about poison, but didn't say that it was poison damage, so I can't say whether it was or not. Which is sloppy, but again, nitpicking for the most part.

4e is very forgiving for the saving throws against ongoing effects, you roll 1d20 and everything above 10 saves. So, I roll to save against the ongoing damage. Get a 12. No save.

ಠ_ಠ

Now, this too could simply be chalked up to DM preference, but we're slowly starting to edge out of "minor things that are at the DM's discretion" and into "fuck 4e rules, we're actually homebrewing this." This becomes more of a factor when the crossbow bolt hits me again, and he crits me. I say to him, "Oh, damn. That's max damage, I'm not looking so good..." And he looks at me, and responds "WELL, ACTUALLY, It's damage roll x2."

ಠ_ಠ

Now, while I've not played as many previous editions as I like, I can still recognize that damage X2 is the standard crit format from... well, NOT 4e. So, another thing that's a bit... unsettling, but again, could just be a quirk. I'm not going to really argue something like that, it's mostly minor and it's just a comfort calculation... Until I start taking ongoing 4 damage. Now, I've spent a fairly decent amount of time reading the 4e rulebook, since it's the only one I've got a copy of- and crit damage does not modify ongoing damage, nor does the ongoing damage "stack" upon one another. So I'm a little confused at this point.

Battle continues.

The Warlord allows me to take an additional attack on his turn due to one of his at-will powers, and I have an at-will that can be used in place of a melee basic attack. So, I pick up my dice, declare that I'm going to use the at-will to attack... and the DM asks me how I'm able to do that. I pull up the relevant page, show him the trait that allows me to use it in place of a melee basic attack, and he gives me a rather... disturbing grin.
"I wouldn't use that power, lest you anger the dragon."

ಠ_ಠ

I...

what.

I'm playing a Paladin of Bahamut, the Lawful Good Platinum Dragon, but... Is he referring to the dragon? Why would using a paladin skill ANGER the god? Or was he referring to himself? Is he threatening me to not use a skill that I'm legally allowed to use?

I have these thoughts, and decide to do a melee basic attack. It does the same amount of damage anyway, so it's not like I was min-maxing this shit.

The DM smiles again, and says "good choice."

ಠ_ಠ

Fight ends by me and the warrior smacking the tinkers into unconsciousness, and we are told by the DM that we bring them back to the Church, where they are put into a cell by a church official. We resume control when the prisoners have woken up, and we are standing in an interrogation room. I botch EVERY check I tried to make (since standard talking was literally getting nowhere), and essentially sulk in a corner glaring at the prisoners, hoping someone else can get them to say anything.

Some time passes, and suddenly the DM says "The two prisoners stand up, and plunge needles into their arms-"

"Woah, hang on a second." my friend says. "How can they stand up? They're restrained, aren't they?"

The DM smirks. "Aah, but you didn't check to see if they were restrained before you began questioning them."

ಠ_ಠ

This got legitimately the entire table riled up, and I ask "But wait, we weren't ABLE to check. You said the church took them away and placed them in the room. So, unless there's corruption in the church..."

"There's no corruption in the chuch." He says.

"Then there's no reason for them to NOT be restrained. They're criminals who caused a scene to cover a jailbreak!" I reply.

The DM sighs, and then says "Fine. The two of them stand up in their chains, shuffle next to one another, and jab needles into each other's arms, killing them instantly."

"But Wait!" the cry goes up again. "Where did they get the needles?"

"You didn't search their bodies, and thus didn't find anything." He replied. "End of discussion. They're dead."

ಠ_ಠ

The rest of the campaign dissolved into us going about our suggested sidequests, I inspected a jail and spoke with a kobold that had a speech tic of saying "Kobold" before and after every sentence like a gorram pokemon. The two newbies hit on a bartender and got a sidequest killing kobolds on the outskirts of town that we'll be going to next campaign.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. Am I just being whiney? Is this DM actually stepping over a few boundaries? I'm re-reading the 4e rulebook, and I'm going to ask him if we're playing 4e or homebrew. If he decides that we're just doing a homebrewed 4e, then fine, whatever, but it would have been nice to know that beforehand. I do like having SOME transparency when it comes to the set of rules that we're using. :/

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

He's a sucky DM, nothing really else to say.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:55 pm

@TD260  You should probably stop playing in his games (seriously, once anyone starts imitating Viserys Targaryen without irony, you should probably cut ties). Maybe run your own game?

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:46 pm

The Magician's Adviser wrote:@TD260  You should probably stop playing in his games (seriously, once anyone starts imitating Viserys Targaryen without irony, you should probably cut ties). Maybe run your own game?

I'm technically already running one, with another on hiatus. I just wanted to play, not run. >.<

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:49 pm

TD260 wrote:I honestly don't know what to make of this. Am I just being whiney? Is this DM actually stepping over a few boundaries?

You're certainly not being whiney, your GM is absolutely terrible.

I can't really comment on the rules (not a fan of 4e), but this guy is absolutely failing at being a GM. He's making crap up as he goes along, being inconsistent, power gaming and just...not realising that the point of being a GM is to ensure the players have fun. He sounds like the kind of GM who declares you all shit yourselves in public since you didn't say your characters had been using the bathroom. I'm honestly surprised that, since you're playing a paladin, he didn't try and make you fall in the first session by getting molested by a lv15 succubus or some nonsense.

Could be worst, at least he didn't go magical realm on you. I wouldn't put it past him though.

IMO, I'd seriously suggest finding a new GM. This doesn't sound like a GM who's inexperienced or learning the ropes, this is someone who is genuinely bad at it. This is not a game that will be enjoyable, this is about the GM on a power trip. Either you and the other players call him out, or just find someone else to run the campaign, there's no way this will end well.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Raya wrote:
TD260 wrote:I honestly don't know what to make of this. Am I just being whiney? Is this DM actually stepping over a few boundaries?

You're certainly not being whiney, your GM is absolutely terrible.

I can't really comment on the rules (not a fan of 4e), but this guy is absolutely failing at being a GM. He's making crap up as he goes along, being inconsistent, power gaming and just...not realising that the point of being a GM is to ensure the players have fun. He sounds like the kind of GM who declares you all shit yourselves in public since you didn't say your characters had been using the bathroom. I'm honestly surprised that, since you're playing a paladin, he didn't try and make you fall in the first session by getting molested by a lv15 succubus or some nonsense.

Could be worst, at least he didn't go magical realm on you. I wouldn't put it past him though.

IMO, I'd seriously suggest finding a new GM. This doesn't sound like a GM who's inexperienced or learning the ropes, this is someone who is genuinely bad at it. This is not a game that will be enjoyable, this is about the GM on a power trip. Either you and the other players call him out, or just find someone else to run the campaign, there's no way this will end well.

Mmmm. I honestly don't think I'm going to have too much of an issue regarding falling, (though it's certainly a threat) since he let another group get by with a drunken gnome cleric who prays to the god of drunkenness and uses a tankard as a religious icon. One of his favorite stories to tell is the story of his racist dwarf who hates elves with the burning passion of a thousand smithy forges. (emphasis mine). I think I'll bear it, though if it gets to the point where he legitimately dares us to enter his magical realm I'm out faster than you can say "Piss Wizard".

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Engine Heart. It's a little indie game where for some reason humans have disappeared, and you play the little service robots left behind. Resources are dwindling, infrastructure is crumbling, AIs are going rogue and your little robots are trying to still fulfil their duties. It's basically Brave Little Toaster meets Skynet. It's absolutely adorable, yet at the same time really, really sad. This for instance is the guide for getting into character:

Take your vacuum cleaner outside. If you don't have a vacuum, another small appliance like a humidifier or a printer will do. Take it for a walk around town. Notice how those wheels, that you never thought about indoors, are so fragile and frail on the hard gritty sidewalks. Drag it around a little more, over some uneven sidewalk slabs. Maybe drag it through a park.

Now imagine that you aren't around to take care of it. That it's on its own, and there are other things out there. Would your little vacuum be able to fend off a hungry recycling robot? Would it be able to outrun one? What would it be like after cowering from the rain for years and years, scavenging for a place to plug in, missing you and the safety you gave it?

How long could your vacuum survive like this?

Right in the feels. It's a very simple system as well, like a stripped down WoD. Really looking forward to playing a game of it.

Speaking of WoD, found some character art for me. In Sah's Changeling game this is what I'm totally turning into once I reach Fang and Talon 5 and gain the ability to shapeshift:

Spoiler:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Today we played the first session of our campaign of "Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare" (translated it would be something like "Mutant: Inheritors of the Apocalypse"), a Swedish post-apocalyptic RPG.

The group consists of:

- Leo, my character, a psionic sheep-mutant who thinks he's the second coming of Christ.

- M-156, a medical robot who used to be owned by a shepherd who programmed him to take care of his sheep. For a while he has been watching over my flock of sheep-mutants and translated a bible we found in the old language (modern Swedish) for us.

- Gun Müller (Gun actually is a Swedish name, but it isn't pronounced like the English word gun), a human non-mutant (and non-mutants are basically nobles in this world) old lady with a rifle which is two and a half meters long.

- Melker, Gun's nephew who is a psionic mutant and because he's a mutant he's the shame of the family. Gun blames the father. Obviously these mutant genes didn't come from her sister.

- Signe, a mutated flying giant snail pirate.

- Mårten, a mutated seagull who never shuts up and despite being the size of a normal seagull is by far the strongest member of the party (but also by far the stupidest) and follows Signe around everywhere.

We all arrived in the small port town of Skutskär (except for Gun who lived there). Melker came to visit his aunt. I came to spread the word of... myself. M-156 followed me to make sure nothing happened to me. Signe and Mårten arrived with their pirate crew to re-stock on supplies. Stuff happened which included Mårten crashing into me and Gun realizing that Mårten definitely needs someone to look after him and appointing Signe as his caretaker since Mårten already seems quite fond of Signe. We all wound up eating dinner together at a restaurant owned by an octopus. Mårten drinks a bottle of booze bigger than himself. I check if I can turn my water into wine. Melker tricks me into believing I can by switching my water for his wine. Though M-156 doesn't let me drink it. Letting a sheep drink poison is against his programming.

Afterwards we hear gunfire. A group of mutant-haters with machine guns and black coats are slaughtering all the mutants in the town (machine guns are quite rare after the end, the fact that they have so many of them is quite extraordinary). We try to escape and reach the city gates where we find two of the mutant-haters fighting three cops. We manage to bring down these two mutant-haters though one of the cops is already dead, another (a moose) is severely wounded and the third (a bulldog) is shell-shocked. Gun finds a piece of paper on one of the mutant-haters and Mårten takes their guns. Then we bring the two who are still alive with us and exit the town. Outside we find even more corpses and a mutated kitten crying over the bodies of her parents. We bring her with us as well and go to a nearby farm owned by a human woman and a mutated male dog. There we find the human woman dissected on the kitchen table and the dog is hiding in the attic. We stay overnight and then bury the bodies of the woman and the moose who died from his injuries during the night. I read a passage from my translated bible (the GM determines that since it was translated by a robot it's pretty much like running it through Google Translate).

We leave the kitten with the farmdog and go back to town. The mutant-haters have left after killing every mutant in town. Only non-mutated humans are left. Three mutants have been crucified by the harbour. I come to the conclusion that the Romans have returned and that's why I came back now to save people from the tyranny of the Romans. There are now only two cops left, the bulldog who went with us and the chief of police who was spared because he was human. We meet up with the chief of police and read the note Gun found on one of the mutant-haters. Apparently Gun and the chief of police recognize the group's mark. They've encountered these people before. We decide to follow them and try to put a stop to these people.

After a day's journey we reach a small village and go to the inn for some food and a place to stay for the night. While we're eating we hear engine noise from outside and then fourteen of the black-coated mutant-haters enter. They don't seem to be too interested in killing right now, but they're quite disrespectful to the three-armed inn-keeper and the mutated wolf eating dinner with two humans in the other end of the room. I sit quietly and try not to draw too much attention to myself which leads to Signe's player asking "So you don't try to preach to them?" My response is "I'm delusional, not stupid."

Then one of the black-coats notice that the seagull is carrying two rifles which look exactly like the ones they use. They capture and interrogate him.

Black-coat leader: Where did you get these guns?
Mårten: I found them.
BCL: Where?
M: On the ground.
BCL: The ground where?
M: In the town. (He's actually too stupid to learn the names of towns he visits).
BCL: Which town?
M: This town. (He's also too stupid to keep towns separate).

Despite Mårten's confused responses he rolls quite well and the leader actually believes him and asks the underlings who it was that lost their guns. They go out to check if all the black-coats who entered unarmed actually know where their guns are, leaving the six who brought their guns in with them. Mårten uses his puppy eyes on the black-coat assigned to guard him and rolls a perfect, so he actually lets him go.

After learning that all guns are accounted for, the leader realizes he has been lied to and returns to the inn, asks the black-coat who was supposed to watch the bird where the bird went. He tells the truth that he let him go and the leader promptly shoots him in the head. Then they leave.

We take the black coat of the one who was just killed and formulate a plan. Melker will wear this coat and infiltrate the black-coats. We'll see next time how that goes.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:34 am

Man, your character has a pretty lame name. I mean, seriously, Leo? What kind of name is that?

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:16 pm

This time we were joined by a seventh player (the girlfriend of Mårten's player). Our GM was hesitant to allow a seventh player sine that is quite a lot (as would I), but then decided to give it a shot. She's playing Nea, a wolf who is very good at shooting people and is quite fond of her motorcycle.

We woke up at the inn I mentioned in my last post and discussed our course of action during breakfast. Mrs Müller noticed that the wolf was eavesdropping but pretended like she didn't. We had three possible choices:
-Try to catch up to the black-coats travelling north.
-Follow the tracks that show that they took a detour to the south and try to find out what they had been doing.
-Go to the city of Hindenburg (also south) and try to infiltrate a bar that we knew that the black-coats frequented.

We decided that catching up to the black-coats would be a stupid plan, since we would have no idea what to do after we actually caught up to them (though Mårten kept saying "Go north, go north, go north!"). We decided to first investigate the tracks to the south and then if we don't find anything important we'll go to Hindenburg.

We were going through a forest when suddenly everyone froze. We couldn't move at all while a masked man in a cloak and a small robot showed up, took our guns and reprogrammed M-156 (what it did, we found out later, was that the first robotic law had been changed from applying to humans to applying to animals, which meant that because the second robotic law remained the same two humans could keep ordering M-156 to hurt the other and M-156 would have to obey both as long as no animals would be hurt).

After the freeze wore off we had an interesting conversation with the masked man. His name was Nötz and he was a collector of information. Apparently knew a little about the black-coats though he wouldn't give us any information for free. We first got a few answers by allowing him to study Nea's motorcycle, but suddenly the answers stopped and he demanded something more. Unfortunately we didn't have much that he was interested in, but then I used my Influence-power to make him more forth-coming with answers and rolled a crit so he agreed to answer some more questions in exchange for Mrs Müller sharing some baking tips with him.

We found out that the black-coats had a nearby base and we decided to infiltrate it. Nötz joined us because he thought he could probably find some interesting stuff in the base. Melker turned himself invisible while Nea quickly disposed of the two guards standing outside the base. Most of the group went in, Melker first and the rest some distance behind him, while I stayed outside and prayed for the souls of the two guards. They first went through a dark hallway and then encountered a locked door which Melker phased through. However, if you have one power active while activating another power you have to roll in order to keep the first power active. Melker succeeded on the phasing roll, but failed on the roll to stay invisible so suddenly he was in the thick of it and completely visible. Fortunately the only present guard was too preoccupied with something on a screen to notice that Melker seemingly appeared out of thin air and Melker was wearing the uniform we took from the guy who was shot at the inn. Melker tried to lure the guard out so that the others could ambush him.

"Soldier, they need you outside."
"Huh? Who needs me? Why?"
"I don't know why they need you. They just told me to get you."
"Are you new? I haven't seen you around before."
"Yes, just started. That's part of why I don't know very much."

The guard went away to bring two others and our group waited for them in the dark hallway. The plan was that Mrs Müller would close the door behind them and that would be the signal for everyone to attack at once. However Mårten, the talkative seagull, was a little too eager and decided to attack before the door was closed. Our party were as surprised as the black-coats so we lost the whole ambush-part of the ambush. Meanwhile Mårten rolled a fumble so he missed and crashed right into the wall. However the battle went quite well anyway. At the end of the battle, one of the three guards had been cut in half by Nötz while another had been set on fire by Melker and stabbed through the chest by Nötz. The third had been beaten unconscious by Signe the Snail, but was still alive. Mrs Müller thought that we could tie him up and interrogate him when he wakes up, however Mårten thought differently. When he found out that one of the guards was still alive, he decided to finish he job by pecking with his iron beak right through the guard's chest (Mårten has an intelligence score of 3, Mutant uses a d100 system, Mårten isn't very bright).

While we discussed our next course of action the GM decided we should wrap up for the day.

Last edited by Sahrimnir on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:25 am

Gun Müller's player drew this picture of our party:

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:19 pm

I love how that picture straddles the fine line between awesome and absolutely terrifying.

This game sounds a lot of fun Sah!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 am

I found an interesting quiz on the internet.

What Kind of D&D Character Would You Be?

I am a:

Lawful Good Human Cleric (3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 11
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 9
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 14

Descriptions:
Alignment:
Lawful Good- A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished. Lawful good is the best alignment you can be because it combines honor and compassion. However, lawful good can be a dangerous alignment when it restricts freedom and criminalizes self-interest.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Clerics- Clerics act as intermediaries between the earthly and the divine (or infernal) worlds. A good cleric helps those in need, while an evil cleric seeks to spread his patron's vision of evil across the world. All clerics can heal wounds and bring people back from the brink of death, and powerful clerics can even raise the dead. Likewise, all clerics have authority over undead creatures, and they can turn away or even destroy these creatures. Clerics are trained in the use of simple weapons, and can use all forms of armor and shields without penalty, since armor does not interfere with the casting of divine spells. In addition to his normal complement of spells, every cleric chooses to focus on two of his deity's domains. These domains grants the cleric special powers, and give him access to spells that he might otherwise never learn. A cleric's Wisdom score should be high, since this determines the maximum spell level that he can cast.

Detailed results:
Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (28)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (23)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXX (5)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral - XXXXXXXX (8)
Chaos --- XXXXX (5)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Evil ---- (0)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXX (6)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - XXXX (4)

Class:
Barbarian - XXXXXXXX (8)
Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Cleric ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)
Druid ----- XXXXXXXX (8)
Fighter --- XXXXXX (6)
Monk ------ XXXXXX (6)
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Ranger ---- XXXXXX (6)
Rogue ----- XXXXXX (6)
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)

I think that sounds pretty accurate.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:38 pm

I Wound up with:

Neutral Good Human Wizard/Sorcerer (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 10
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 16
Charisma- 11

...I frankly didn't expect the Sorcerer Wizard Combo, I had hoped a little more Bard.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:53 am

I'm the only bard in this house.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 am

Chaotic Neutral Human Ranger/Sorcerer (2nd/2nd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 16
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 19
Charisma- 17

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:46 pm

I took it again and got a slightly different (and I think more accurate) result:

True Neutral Human Wizard (4th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 12
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 14

Description:
Spoiler:
Alignment:
True Neutral- A true neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. He doesn't feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most true neutral characters exhibit a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil after all, he would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, he's not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some true neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. True neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion. However, true neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it represents apathy, indifference, and a lack of conviction.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Class:
Wizards- Wizards are arcane spellcasters who depend on intensive study to create their magic. To wizards, magic is not a talent but a difficult, rewarding art. When they are prepared for battle, wizards can use their spells to devastating effect. When caught by surprise, they are vulnerable. The wizard's strength is her spells, everything else is secondary. She learns new spells as she experiments and grows in experience, and she can also learn them from other wizards. In addition, over time a wizard learns to manipulate her spells so they go farther, work better, or are improved in some other way. A wizard can call a familiar- a small, magical, animal companion that serves her. With a high Intelligence, wizards are capable of casting very high levels of spells.

Detailed Results:
Spoiler:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (17)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (21)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXX (9)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Chaos --- XXXXXXXXX (9)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXX (5)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Evil ---- XXXX (4)

Race:
Human ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Dwarf ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXX (Cool
Gnome ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Halfling - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXXXX (9)
Half-Orc - (0)

Class:
Barbarian - XX (2)
Bard ------ XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Cleric ---- XXXXXX (6)
Druid ----- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Fighter --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Monk ------ XXXXXXXXXXXXXX (14)
Paladin --- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Ranger ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Rogue ----- XXXXXXXX (Cool
Sorcerer -- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Wizard ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (18)

No idea how I managed to score so highly on the chaotic side of things...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:41 pm

Diary enter of one of my character at the end of this session.

Dear Diary: Today I met Darkrai yet again and learned that the world will be destroyed if we don't fix it. Meaning we have to sick around with fucking Malachi. The guy almost drove off Bensen and nearly cut me in half. 

and then this one other god or goddess bitch. I don't remember her name or even what gender she was but they were kind of a dick. I think he was the God of Life? I don't fucking know. But I told her if there was any lasting damage to Benben for showing him his dead sister I'll hunt his or her ass down just like what Malachi is doing to Yveltal and bust several  pokeballs in his/her ass. Nobody fucks with Kendalls friends without getting every singe type of damage to their mother fucking face. Not even the almighty Gods are exceptions to this.

Peace out, bitches- 

Kendall

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:53 pm

[6:37:29 PM] Vivienne Vexx: The solo session has come to an end.
[6:38:13 PM] Vivienne Vexx: Vivienne Vexx bows out
[6:38:34 PM] Dr. Requiem: Things did not go well for her
[6:38:40 PM] Dr. Requiem: She had her clothes stolen
[6:38:46 PM] Vivienne Vexx: SHHH
[6:38:46 PM] Dr. Requiem: It's the mask incident all over again
[6:42:10 PM] Ann: ...umm...
[6:42:18 PM] Ann: well then
[6:42:22 PM] Dr. Requiem: Don't worry about it hun
[6:43:14 PM | Edited 6:43:18 PM] Vivienne Vexx: This is not the first time I've ended up unconscious and naked.
[6:43:59 PM] Dr. Requiem: At least you didn't wake up with a nipple piercing this time
[6:45:04 PM] Vivienne Vexx: With a note attached to it written in my own blood.
[6:45:20 PM] Rascal: The mask incident was fun
[6:45:33 PM] Vivienne Vexx: Those fuckers stole my mask

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Sigh, well, looks like my gaming group might be officially dead Sad

We've had people come and go over the years but always kept our 'core' group. Unfortunately said core group has suddenly become hugely flaky. One person only joined to earn brownie points with her boyfriend, and now they're married she doesn't bother any more (not that she did anything in games anyway). The other two just keep coming up with excuses for being busy (including, I shit you not, "I need to deflea my sister in law's cat"), then spend all evening playing on the Xbox. For the past two weeks I haven't even heard from them to say that they're not coming. What really cheesed me off though was, for several years now, we host a halloween movie night around mine. Not a single person from the group showed up.

Dammit, I just want to roleplay ;_;

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Hm, maybe we could get that Changeling-game going? I think my schedule is pretty open in the near future.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm still totally up for it! Especially since my Saturdays seem to have become free...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:35 pm

I just started playing a Pathfinder campaign with a group of friends in my broadcast program. I'm still pretty oblivious to what I'm doing but I'm a Half-orc Rogue that carries a GreatAxe.

My personal highlights so far have been eating a dead horse, and 1 of the guys was drunk and his plan was to hit on the waitress at an inn until she slapped him sober. He rolled a natural 20 and went to a room with her. I said I follow and rolled to intimidate him with my eyes so he couldn't get hard...he used a will save I believe and so we stared at each other while he went to town...it was amusingly awkward.

I also yelled at a giant spider, failed my roll and was unnoticed. Buddy said I was playing rogue wrong and I said "Was I noticed?"

He had no reply.

But yeah, I'm pretty oblivious overall as to what I'm doing but have started to pick up bits and pieces

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top