Rocks fall, everyone dies

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Rocks fall, everyone dies

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:58 pm

So how does this Saturday, 22 November, sound? Are the people who want to play available?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:59 pm

I should be free I think

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:28 pm

I should be free! I might be going to an Expo in the day, but will be free late afternoon/evening.

Also Sah, do you mind is Stuart joins if he can?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 pm

This is a bad weekend for me, we're hosting a workshop over here and I'll be having guests. Week after that would work for me.

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Raya: Stuart is welcome to join. Smile

Fed (and everyone else, I guess) : 29 November works for me as well. How about everyone else?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:22 pm

My schedule is non-existent, but so far as I'm aware, I should be able to be there

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:21 pm

"I don't know if dragons work the same way as penises"
-Kaptan

"We don't know if a clown is going to drop down from the ceiling and throw pies in our face and get turned into pie faces."
-Rin

(After being caught by a guard Valencia was trying to sneak up on) "....IGNORE ME!" (Who then proceeded to kill the guard)
-Valencia

(After crushing a guy by transforming into a pig about 10 or so feet above him)"... So just saying: I could have climbed inside his nose and then shape changed."
-Anya

(After killing a mob of moblins this was said to our 15 year old party member after he tried attacking Rins bird)"Give me some money and I won't kill you~"
-Rin

(Req has an item that can raise the dead and brought up raising the kids if they died) "We are not reanimating dead children."
-Kaptan

"Why are you so against me protecting you guys? I killed a kid for you two"
-Valencia

(First things that are said about the women she finds hot) "I wanna fuck her"
-Rin

"We return to Ken's house, carrying a cage full of thirty rats."
-Anya

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:54 pm

A figure kneels before an old man in a purple robe (The figure we've been seeking after being locked up for no reason in a dungeon). He touches an amulet to the kneeling figure. We recognize him as our old party member Nero who ran off and we suspected was turning into a werewolf.

Dozla says he's going to kill him, I yell out "NO I said if I ever saw the fucker again I was gonna kill the shit out of him and you all agreed he was my kill!" *Pulls out my Great Axe and golf swings his head off, and then chops off his arms and legs.

New campaign began after we finished the first campaign/game.

I managed to sneak by 12 sleeping goblins. The 12th goblin awoke as I stumbled for a key he was wearing. My hand landed on his dick as he looked at me half asleep. I began jerking the goblin off as he muttered "Dream" I reply "Wet dream" and he passes out. My return through the room awakes a goblin who tries to swing a sword at me, he fails and launches the sword in the air. It lands impaling a fellow goblin. I slash the throat and leave.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:22 pm

So, um, I still haven't gotten responses from a lot of people about tomorrow (and Viero and Stuart still need characters). Should we postpone it another week? Saturday 6 December?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:39 am

Okay, so one day left and I've still got no responses here and only three on Skype (Fed's busy, Raya should be available, TD is available if we start late). Eh... Should we postpone it again? I'm at ConFusion next weekend, but perhaps the weekend after that? Are people available then? 19-21 December?

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:31 am

I think I'm available, just need to know the time

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Unless something drastic happens I should be free on Saturdays.

Also this week I have some time off work, so I'm able to do a weekday if need be!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:51 pm

OK guys, I think we have had the best and first TPK in our group for a good long time.

Since this was a one time thing it was not that bad for us to die and we actually connected it as a story that was being told in our Wind Waker game where we played our characters for the most part.

Basically it started out that Requiems WW character was telling a story to a group of kids and we started ff with fighting the last boss, which was an dragon and a wizard. It was a really close fight for us. I was so close to being killed quite a few times and I would have if I was not a Samurai with falling blow 0 health 4 times.

After that we get teleported TO THE FUTURE. With zombies. Now this is when Kaptan, the crazy one takes over the story telling. We kill the zombies and show off our magic and such to the survivors who were helping us. 

Now remember that technology is incredibly new to us so we were kind of freaking out. ANd this is where the TPK comes in. My character, Valencia was trying to find out how the TV worked so she pushed some buttons and a whole bunch of stuff stared to happen and everyone was freaking out. Then a sudden very loud noise and flashing lights appeared on the TV. Making another one of our characters, Namoli decided to throw a giant fireball because it startled her. When it hit the whole room exploded but not enough to kill us. That is until we remembered Kaptan was basically covered in explosives. So all of those goes off as well and we all died.

Everyone died trying to fix the TV.

Best TPK

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Technically, it was Medli, not Namali that cast the fireball. Also, it was a small party of like... Three. Kaptan the Shaman Korok, Valencia the Fetchling Samurai, and Medli the Rito Cleric. Also, they were being directed by the God of Bears and Dancing, and Other Nonsense, Baloo. And the last important detail, despite the excessive explosion, the TV was completely unharmed.

Edit: Also, Valencia, had she survived without being incinerated, would have succumbed to the zombie infection virus within about a week's time.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:02 am

Fire, the best source of a TPK Razz

The first TPK I ever faced was in the first proper campaign I ever played in. It was D&D, and by the end game our warforged had been upgraded to a literal mech with a nuclear battery. I was playing a phoelarch, which are essentially humanoid phoenixes. We faced off against the Big Bad, who managed to score an insanely powerful crit on the mech. It cleaved his nuclear core in half, causing it to detonate. Complete and utter TPK, with the GM describing in glee how everything within a 20 mile radius took several million damage.

Me: What type of damage is a nuclear blast classed as?
GM: Fire, why?
Me: I'm a phoelarch, my racial ability is that instead of taking fire damage I heal that much instead.
GM:...oh shit.

So instead of being annihilated I instead gained several million hit points and temporarily ascended to godhood. Needless to say the campaign came to an end when I resurrected the party remembers, reversed the nuclear damage to the area and made sure the BBEG stayed dead  Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm gonna try to summarize the last few sessions of the Mutant-campaign, since I haven't done write-ups for them for a while (and considering we've been playing practically every week that's a lot of missed stuff).

So, I mentioned we were in a bunker that the black-coats were using as a hide-out. We explored it a little. Among other things, we found the showers. I accidentally saw Signe taking a shower, Signe rolled really well on a personality roll and I thought "Damn, that's one sexy snail". However, we were then discovered by the blackcoats and taken captive. We were taken to their leader, Konrad. Gun got to stay outside and have tea with the minions since she's not a mutant. The rest of us were locked in with Konrad. 

Boss battle time!

Apparently Konrad is very confident in his abilities and thought it was a good idea to take us on all at once by himself. He shot Nea once and the following exchange happened.

GM: The bullet does [amount of damage that I can't remember].
Nea: That's twice as much as my HP.
GM: Whoops, I guess you're dead then.

However, we did manage to hurt him a little at least, so then he pushed a button and put on a gas mask. Though if you're going to gas someone to death, it's probably a good idea to make sure there are no other gas masks present. On the wall clearly visible were four gas masks. Party of seven, Gun was outside, M-156 is a robot and Nea had just died, leaving four people who needed gas masks. Perfect! Melker used his pyrokinesis on Konrad's gas mask and melted it stuck to his face. However, the gas obscured our vision and Konrad escaped. When the gas cleared he was nowhere to be found. We managed to get out of the chamber and back to where Gun was having tea with the black-coats. With their leader defeated, the rest of them surrendered. We took their machine guns and one of their trucks and left for the city of Hindenburg where we thought we could find out more.

On our way there, we were suddenly hit by a rocket launcher. We found out it was fired by a group calling themselves Cobra. The group was led by a giant cobra. They thought we were blackcoats (a reasonable conclusion considering we were driving one of their trucks). We managed to clear up the misunderstanding and establish we've got a common enemy. However, they claimed we now owed them a rocket for the rocket launcher. We didn't really want to argue about so we agreed to get them a new rocket. Outside Hindenburg, we found a group of refugees from another town that the blackcoats had attacked. Among them was Roxana, a giant spider who was the new character of Nea's player. We also found Honest Herman. He's a merchant from Skutskär, an old friend of Gun and the person Signe had bought bullets from. We bought a rocket from him and gave it to Cobra.

In Skutskär, Melker infiltrated a bar that we found out the blackcoats frequented. He was wearing the stolen uniform and managed to blend in... somewhat. He had a tendency to blather on without having any idea what he was talking about. It's a miracle no one realized he was an impostor.

We also visited a map-maker who was an old friend of Gun and asked him to decipher some coordinates we had previously taken from a blackcoat corpse. We found out the coordinates probably referred to a location in the Muskö zone. The zones are dangerous places where everything is trying to kill you. We ask Cobra if they want to join us in our hunt for blackcoats and three of them do, including their leader.

Shortly after entering the zone, we hear beautiful music. Those with lower willpower (Mårten and Signe) become mesmerized, leave the truck and begin walking towards the music. The rest of us follow and see them put their heads inside giant flowers who want to devour them. We manage to save Signe. However, Mårten unfortunately doesn't make it (probably because Melker puts both him and the flower on fire).

We bury Mårten and I manage to turn Signe Christian with my talk of how Mårten has joined our father in heaven. We turn to leave, but then a robot appears and start digging Mårten up. He takes Mårten into a building and we follow him. In there we find a bunch of corpses and some mechanical body parts. Then we meet the owner of the place, a mad scientist who like to make cyborgs and experiment on both living and dead bodies. He invites us for dinner and we find out why he wanted Mårten (Mårten is the dinner). Signe gets aggressive when someone wants to eat hir friend, so (s)he is hit with a tranquilizer dart so the dinner can continue. I avoid eating the seagull, but don't make a big fuss out of it. After dinner we explore some more, accidentally wake up an android who thinks he's human (Mårten's player's new character) and Melker allows the mad scientist to experiment on him, replacing his eye with a cyborg eye and putting a lighter in his finger. We find out afterward, out of character, that he was lucky our GM rolled as well as he did. There was a 50% chance Melker would have died on that operation table. I go to retrieve Mårten's bones so we can bury them again.

This is where I explain dissonance. For psionics, every time we fail on a roll to activate a power you get a dissonance point and then you roll dissonance. If 2d6+your total dissonance for the day (it's reset by sleeping) exceeds your will, stuff happens.

I don't remember what I was actually trying to do, but I attempt something in the room full of body parts where the robot is giving me a plate with bones on and suddenly I get amnesia and forget everything that happened for the last few hours. Last thing I remember, we were in the truck going through the zone and suddenly I'm in a room full of body parts. I freak out a little, but manage to calm down enough to perform a second funeral for Mårten (What? Mårten is dead?)

Later, we encounter a ship-wreck by a river. There a bunch of corpses and one survivor. We follow him into the ship to search for anything valuable and find out two things.
1. He's actually a robot.
2. He's hostile.

He hits Melker and Signe with poison darts. I use my healing hands to heal Melker, but when I try to do the same thing to Signe I fail my roll. Dissonance! My survival instinct takes over and I can't do anything else than run to safety.

I run back to the truck. Signe manages to get there a while later and I try to heal hir from inside the truck. Fail again. Dissonance! I get a migraine and all my skills are halved for the next few hours.

After a few failed tries, M-156 decides this isn't working. We have to amputate Signe's tail to stop the poison from spreading. Somehow Signe remains a believer after I failed hir like this. I'm not sure how.

We continue and see three black-coats some distance away. We exit the truck and start firing at them. We manage to mortally wound one of them and M-156 run over the other two with the truck, crashing into the wall behind them (the robot jumps out before the truck hits, so it survives).

I heal the one that wasn't run over so we can question him. We find out their hideout is a nearby church and then send him away with the knowledge that his life was saved by a lowly mutant.

I begin thinking this is very wrong. These genocidal maniacs are using my father's house as their base? We have to put an end to this.

The rest of the group suggest we should burn the church with them in it. I won't let them do that, so instead we enter. The church itself is empty, but inside we find an entrance to a maze of catacombs. We go down and explore. After a while we suddenly hear Darth Vader-like noises from both ahead and behind. Ahead of us is a man in a gas mask with a flamethrower. Behind us is Konrad, with his half-melted gas mask still on his face, also carrying a flamethrower. There's a battle. We manage to wound the one in front of us. He drops everything he's carrying and presses a button. A light on the flamethrower-bag starts blinking and he drags himself away. I freeze his feet to the ground using my cryokinesis so that he can't escape and suddenly he seems panicked, desperately trying to get loose.

Behind us Signe goes forward swinging hir sword against Konrad. Signe is huge and with hir wings (s)he covers up the whole hallway so that Konrad can't see the rest of us. Apparently sword beats flamethrower and soon Konrad does the same as his partner. I freeze him too.

The bomb by the other guy explodes, killing him. No one else is close enough to take damage.

Signe carries the second bomb towards Konrad, but he succeeds on the roll to break loose and escapes. The bomb explodes, blowing Signe into tiny pieces. (S)he take most of the blast, but M-156 and I who are right behind hir also take some damage. M-156 loses an arm and I lose consciousness. The robot does first aid on me, until I'm well enough to use healing hands on myself and fully recover.

We get the group back together and I announce that because of hir sacrifice, I hereby sanctify St. Signe.

We continue exploring and encounter an old man reading the Bible. Everyone is confused about why the book of my religion is down here. The old man doesn't see how it would be my religion. I explain that I'm the second coming of Christ and he accuses me of being a blasphemer. We argue a little, Gun flirts with him and he apparently becomes quite fond of her and we find out he's the uncle of Amenda, one of the blackcoats' leaders.

We continue and find a group of blackcoats performing some kind of ceremony led by Amenda. They seem to be praying. I use my clairvoyance ability to ask "Father, are these people on your side?" It's a hidden roll, so I don't know if I actually succeeded, but I get the answer "Yes". I am very confused and don't know what to do.

Meanwhile a fight breaks out and Konrad has appeared. I am shot and mortally wounded. The GM suggests that instead of dying I can get a permanent defect. I accept the deal, so my character survives barely. Most of us were standing by the entrance, so we manage to escape. However, Melker had while invisible gone to the altar on the other side of the room and is now cornered by Amenda and Konrad. He discovers that Amenda is a psionic. He suggests that he join the blackcoats.

So that's where we are right now. Most of us are running for our lives and Melker is stuck with the blackcoats and might possibly join them.

By the way, here's an almost up-to-date picture of the party (it was up-to-date until Signe got blown into tiny little pieces)

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:47 pm

I'm pretty happy, I finally managed to get my claws on an English version of Valley of Eternity!

Spoiler:

It's a Finnish indie RPG and I've been waiting for the English translation for ages. Basically, it's a penguin western. Yeah. The PCs are heroes who have given up their chance for a normal penguin life- family, friends, being part of the colony- in order to ensure the community's survival, fighting against the beasts of the Antarctic, penguins who have given themselves to the Glacier and traitors of your own kind. Despite all your sacrifices you will always be an unwanted outcast and the colony you fought so hard for will never accept you. You may have your fellow heroes and perhaps your name will pass into legend, but no matter how great your sacrifice, in the end, the Glacier always wins.

It's a pretty melancholic game, but bugger me it's brilliant. The Antarctic setting is simple yet brutal and penguin society, although with now fantasy elements, is still realistic. It's a game of bleak hope and giving everything so that others can survive one more day in the harshest environment on Earth. I love it, and I'm really hoping I can run a game of it at some point.

Also, if a killer whale shows up, everyone is screwed. Just sayin'.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:38 pm

I'm running a campaign on roll20 and one of my players either refuses or doesn't understand how to use the whisper function. So, today, when he was conversing with an NPC, the rest of the player characters ended up seeing this.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 pm

I've got it into my head to write a Gravity Falls roleplaying system.

My best friend has converted me into a Faller and, as is the way most of my homebrews start, I commented that it would be a good setting for a rp and got shouted at to totally do it. I actually like creating homebrews and I've already been statting up items like the infinite pizza and the copy machine. I've got a rough idea of the mechanics, just need to sit down and actually formalise them.

So who else is interested in something like this? Have any ideas?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu May 14, 2015 3:06 pm

http://chainsbastok.forumotion.com/

?????

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Throw The Keys, Save The Girl

Post  Raya on Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:56 pm

Aka TD Is A Awesome Guy But Don’t Let Him Organise Anything, Aka Q Is More Effective With Keys Than A Shotgun, Aka Fed Channels The Spirit Of DRTJR And Captain Falcon, Aka Sah Is The Oblivious Mighty Norseman, Aka Raya Is Predictable

A while ago TD mentioned he’d like to give WoD a try, and since I fancied GMing again I offered to run a one-off to show him the system. So on Friday I ran a session and managed to rope in Q, Fed and Sah as the other players! Since I love that kind of thing I had everybody play as themselves (with me as a NPC). I’d deliberately kept the setting vague in order to prevent unintentional metagaming. The scenario was one I’d adapted from Dread (which you can read here). The basic premise was that the party are off on an adventure week in the wilderness when they are attacked by a werewolf. Without their guide, they must make it to the rendezvous point whilst being hunted along the way. As a note, I made the werewolf a ‘traditional’ werewolf- as in it’s just a massive intelligent wolf- rather than the gauru werewolves of WoD. Partially to stop Sah using his knowledge of the game, partially because the players wouldn’t stand a chance against one!

The game began halfway through the holiday. As the three Europeans had (by an amazing coincidence) managed to come to the US all at the same time, TD had arranged through his contacts a team-building adventure holiday. The first few days were spent hiking and learning bushcraft in the deep dark woods, with the upcoming itinerary being some whitewater rafting and another hike to reach the rendezvous point. As an introduction to making rolls everyone helped out around camp and set up the tents for the night- well, Fed and Sah utterly failed at building the tents, leaving TD to do it single-handedly. After a few sing-alongs, people retired for the evening.

Only to be woken in the middle of the night by the guide screaming then falling silent, immediately followed by me screaming.

Everyone scrambled out their tents to find me being mauled by a massive creature, and immediately sprang into action. Fed and Sah both charged (Sah having the presence of mind to grab a stick on the way), TD shone the torch directly at it and Q…threw his car keys at it. Well, it did the job, and the creature retreated back into the woods, giving them a glimpse of black fur and red eyes. Now they were left with a very dead and disembowelled guide and me seriously injured and bleeding out. I had actually rolled over into aggravated damage (so 6 points away from death), and there was a very real chance of me either bleeding to death or becoming so badly injured they may have decided to euthanize me instead. But thanks to Fed/TD knowing their stuff and an amazing roll they managed to stop the bleeding in a single turn and save me. Hooray, my heroes!

Since it was about 4am, they decided to prepare in case the creature returned and break camp as soon as it was light. Q sharpened some spears (and retrieved his keys- I was hoping he’d forget and remember halfway down the river), whilst the others burnt the guide’s corpse and fashioned me a stretcher. Or at least, tried to. Nobody had anything in crafts, so their attempts to build one were worse than the tents. They also sensibly ransacked the supplies to see what equipment they had available, which included a hatchet, a 2-way radio and a flare gun with two flares. Nobody ever bought up using the radio and it was completely forgotten about.

When dawn broke everyone got into the rafts to try and reach the rendezvous point, as it was quicker to head into the unknown than retrace their steps. The choice was between going overland or risking the rapids, and the unanimous vote was for the rapids. They divided up based on paddling skills, which resulted in the Americans in one boat and the Europeans in another. The day was mostly uneventful, save spotting an ordinary wolf watching them from the riverbank. This was a red herring- for a start, the wolf was a completely different colour to the werewolf- but nobody noticed and interpreted its watching for malevolent plotting. As night fell they debated about whether to camp in the boats or on shore, and settled for the shore. Preparing for the worse, they kept everything in the boats save their sleeping bags, didn’t light a fire and kept watch. The Americans took the uneventful first watch, then the Europeans took over.

As we soon discovered, Sah, despite being a veteran of WoD, had absolutely nothing in Investigation, meaning he was rolling a chance dice every time he tested to notice something. The most oblivious person in the party was given the flare gun and told to keep watch for the monster hunting them. Needless to say, Sah was promptly surprised by a large bear wandering into the camp.

Originally this was going to be an aggressive grizzly, but after realising TD was a super survivalist and would call me out on it, it downgraded into a slightly less ferocious black bear. I was sincerely hoping for Sah to shoot it with the flare gun and piss it off, but sadly (from my perspective) he was not that trigger happy. So as Sah is standing right in front of this enormous bear, Fed manages to wake up the Americans, who have a very polite conservation about how to deal with bears. TD remembers that the human voice is the best black bear deterrent, so they all start yelling at it. Nobody rolls well, resulting in a confused bear wondering what the noise is about.

Then Fed threw a spear at it.

Finally the bear gets pissed off, takes a swipe at Sah…and misses. Everyone legs it back to the boats, cutting the rope with the hatchet on the way, and gets to safety. I was honestly not expecting them to handle that encounter so well; I thought either someone would get mauled, they’d lose valuable equipment or both. Curse players making sensible plans!

As the rapids were coming up next they decided to wait until sunrise to tackle them. At this point I’d come round, but was feeling pretty shitty and feverish. It then occurred to TD that Britain doesn’t have rabies, so poor Raya has not had a rabies vaccination. Oh dear.

TD: Usually to go on these trips you have to have had a rabies vaccination.
Me: Terrible shame you managed to bend the rules so your friend could come on the trip, eh?
TD: Sad

Time to tackle the rapids! This I divided into four sections, for each section everyone had to roll to maintain control of the boat. The different sections required different numbers of successes to get through unscathed. If they failed by one, they’d need to test to not get thrown out of the boat as it spun out of control. If they failed by a larger amount the boat would capsize.

With everyone burning willpower they managed to get through safely…until the third section, when Team America failed and everyone had to roll to stay aboard. In Team Europe however Sah’s Nordic heritage erupted like a blazing inferno and they utterly smashed it, flying clear over the top of Team America to the cries of WE’RE NUMBER ONE and the Austrian nation anthem. This burn obviously this proved too much as in the final section Team America fluffed it and capsized. AMERICA FUCK YEAH.

As the river had calmed and everyone was wearing lifejackets nobody needed to test to avoid drowning as they swam to shore. Whilst trying to retrieve the New Worlders’ boat Team Europe made a wits/investigation test and Sah, predictably, failed. As Sah is happily away in Cloud Cuckooland, Fed notices the werewolf on top of a cliff, which leaps into the water after them.

With Team America (and me) now on shore, Team Europe frantically paddled to safety, only for the wolf to erupt from the water and attack Fed, scratching his face. Sah grabbed the flare gun, fired point-blank in its face and blinded it.

Fed: I’m going to grab the paddle and hit…wait, hang on, I’ll just kick it.

Fed has 3 in Strength, 4 in Brawl and a specialisation in capoeira. The wolf has just lost its defence due to being shot in the face with a flare. Fed quite literally punts it halfway across the river and they watch it sail away with the current.

Now the threat had passed, the group planned their next move. They’re roughly 10 miles away from the rendezvous, and if they push they can make it by nightfall. I’m in no condition for a forced march, and since the last attempt at building a stretcher went so well, they decide to have Fed give me a piggyback ride instead. My Vice of Pride means I argue against it, but Q finally gets to use his persuasion skills and beats me in an opposed roll, so up I go. Armed with the map and a compass, TD takes the lead and makes some amazing navigation rolls. Not only does he avoid getting everyone lost (meaning they’d be trapped in the woods in the dark), he also finds a dirt road, speeding up their progress! Go TD!

After a while they find a jeep by the side of the road. Since this game has been mostly focussed on survival rolls, the jeep was there so the people with the drive skill could do something. I had images of the big finale being a high-speed chase through the woods, the werewolf leaping onto the roof and clawing through the windows. Sadly they all decided the jeep was too noisy and to travel on foot. They did ransack the jeep though, taking with them a shotgun with three shells and a tuna sandwich.

Since my big finale plans were scuppered, the werewolf instead pounced on the road, the players managing to avoid the ambush by their Danger Sense skill. Fed rolled the highest initiative and goes to attack, before it’s pointed out I’m still on his back. It will take him to a turn to gently put me down.

Fed: I drop her and charge the werewolf.

With me unceremoniously dropped on my arse, Fed runs and kicks the werewolf…and CRITS! He channels the spirit of DRTJR and smashes it into the other side of the road. Sah runs forward to attack it with the hatchet, TD drags me/himself to safety and Q steadies the shotgun. What follows can only be described as a beatdown, as Sah thwacks it with the hatchet, Fed kicks seven bells out of it and Q takes very ineffective shots at it.

Meanwhile I am NOT happy at this whole situation, swearing madly at TD and struggling to get free. I lash out, TD grabs my wrist…and realises not only have my wounds healed a lot quicker than they should have, I’m also growing fangs and claws.

Oh dear, I’ve contracted lycanthropy, and being pissed off has just triggered the transformation.

So as the others are dealing with the werewolf, TD and I start grappling. Unfortunately both of us are absolutely rubbish at hand to hand combat, so we flail at each other like a pair of old ladies, Q yelling at us over his shoulder to stop quarrelling and calm down. The werewolf meanwhile has torn a chunk out of Fed’s leg- nearly sending him unconscious- and bitten Sah on the arm. But it finally goes down with a boot to the head and is slain, hurrah!

Now they just have the other werewolf to deal with.

TD and I are still uselessly slapping at each other, so Q spins round, smoking shotgun in hand, and uses his inspiring abilities to yell at us to stop messing about. He rolls…and crits! The fight immediately goes out of us, I stop transforming, and with mumbled apologies get back to our feet.

With the way clear the party finally make it to the rendezvous point and to safety! Well, the party are battered, three are probably infected with lycanthropy and the guide is a burnt out husk somewhere in the woods, but everyone made it! Whoohoo!

Needless to say I really enjoyed running the game, as the guys are great players and it was loads of fun watching them trample all over my plans. Hopefully, they all enjoyed it too!

#throwthekeys

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:32 pm

A couple followups: 

(1) I threw the keys because Raya was being actively mauled by the bear, and in her words, "pretty much dying" Razz the throw caused the werewolf to stop attacking Raya and instead focus on the blindly charging Sah and Fed.  TD then finished saving the day by scaring it off with a flashlight.

We proceeded to successfully build a stretcher, which we were going to use to carry Raya, but that actually only happened when we were escaping the bear (Raya was pulled onto a raft).  It was then lost when TD and I capsized.

#throwthekeyssavethegirl

(2) There was a huge conversation on the rafts about whether to tie Raya down or to just give her a rope to hold on to.  We chose the latter, and then capsized.  Fortunately, we made the right choice, she'd probably have drowned if we tied her down!

(3) Bloody hell my rolls.  This post in DbtD could not be more accurate!  I had an 8d10 roll where I only managed 2 successes and rolled 4 1s in there.  Despite actually being good with the shotgun and spending willpower I just couldn't manage to hit anything.

(4) Team America wins!  Euros were infected with lycanthropy, although Sahrimnir recognized it due to his Occult Knowledge focus, and remembered what herb they need to cure it, so they'd probably end up okay.  Also we killed the wolf that infected them, so based on interpretation they might be fine through that means too.

(5) Sah needs a shoutout for the number of untrained successes he had throughout this.  He had no athletics points and barely any strength but managed to at least thre times get two 10s in a row with his single d10.  Certainly saved team Euro on the rapids!  Along that note he was actually extremely bipolar.  Any sort of detection / awareness roll he'd get like 1-5, and emerge in lala land.  It was pretty hilarious.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:49 pm

I'm a lover/healer/navigator not a fighter.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Shot The Deputy, But I Did Not Shoot the Sheriff

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 pm

On Sunday, due to popular demand, I ran another TWBB game. The one off I ran a few weeks ago was originally just that, a one off to show TD the rules of WoD. For some bizarre reason the players loved it so much they wanted to continue and asked for a campaign based on that game as a first session. I obliged because why the hell not, it was a lot of fun. It’s put me in a bit of a dilemma as I never intended to continue the one off, so didn’t bother to take into account the future consequences of three members of the party being bitten by a werewolf. Oh well…what’s the worst that could happen? Razz

We had two new players this session: Requiem and Relmitos.  Req had asked to join earlier, and Relm I’d planned to guest star in a session where we visited Louisiana. He was so keen to listen in on the sessions though I felt mean about excluding him from play, so I rejigged my planned timeline and he joined the party at the start.

The campaign idea was a roadtrip across the US, with us hiring a minivan and seeing the sights as tourists. Hence why we had to argue Req down from bringing a massive arsenal of guns and a pool stick. He wasn’t happy. After picking Req up in Michigan (and Relm already being there) we went a’trucking and stopped at a small town. The Europeans ooo’d and ahh’d at the Americana before we stopped at a motel for the night. The receptionist was a bouncy young girl who immediately became infatuated with Fed’s accent (“Oh my gawd, are you from GERMANY?! My great great grandmother is from Germany, so I’m like a German-American! Oh my gawd do you know Berlin?...Oh, you don’t sound like you’re from Austria, tie me kangaroo down sport!”), then with mine (“Oh my gawd, are you from ENGLAND?! Are you from LONDON?! Do you know THE QUEEN?! Do you watch DOCTOR WHO?!”). Sadly since Fed was busy being drunk he hadn’t entered the game at this point, meaning Q had to pretend to be him. Q’s Austrian accent was glorious. Completely indistinguishable from the real thing. Honest.

After retreating to our room we made plans to go out to eat when all of a sudden there was a frantic pounding on the door. TD peered through the peephole to see a crazy hairy hobo guy outside, and was promptly knocked flat by said crazy guy battering the door open and slamming it shut behind him. Crazy guy flung the book he was carrying under the bed and began screaming that ‘they’ were after him and he needed help. Despite the fact this man hadn’t shaved/showered in weeks and looked like he’d been dragged through a hedge backwards everyone decided that his story was obviously legit and had Fed stash him in the bathroom.

No sooner had the two of them gone when the door was knocked on again. This time it was a sheriff, a medical orderly and a burly man, demanding to be let in and to know if crazy guy was in there. TD opened the door and the party was informed that crazy guy was a fugitive from a mental hospital and was a danger to himself/others, so his capture was of great importance. I’m not entirely sure why (beyond metagaming), but the party decided to protect crazy guy, with TD lying and claiming he’d hammered on the door and ran off. TD, as it turns out, is a terrible liar. As the party member actually capable of dealing with authority figures, Q tried to step in, but the sheriff’s suspicions had already been aroused. They searched the room, the burly guy knocking on the bathroom door demanding Fed open up. Fed, the master of subterfuge, decided that the best way to hide the crazy guy was to take a shit.

No, I’m not making that up. That’s what actually happened.

Rather than, say, get him out the window or hide him behind the shower curtain, Fed decided to declare the bathroom was in use. I assumed he’d just make fart noises but no, he actually pulled down his trousers and proceeded to shit. God knows what the crazy guy thought (being hustled into an enclosed space with a guy with a burly German accent who then starts unbuttoning his trousers), let alone Req and Relm, as we started arguing over what you needed to roll to poop on demand. I think we settled for Strength/Athletics and Fed rolled 1 success. It was not an impressive shit.

The burly man battered down the door anyway and crazy guy was dragged out screaming. Not happy that we’d tried to hide a fugitive, the sheriff told us to get out of town by morning. We agreed that was a good idea.

After they’d gone we loaded up the car ready for a quick exit and Relm retrieved the book crazy guy had hid under the bed. A quick peek inside the journal and it looked like crazy guy was indeed off his rocker:

Spoiler:

Yes, I wrote all that myself. Yes, I’d make a good paranoid schizophrenic.

After heading to the diner (where I decided I was going to be so fat at the end of this campaign, goddamn America has awesome hamburgers) the party started speculating on what the journal page actually meant. Knowing full well what all the bits mean, it was great fun listening to the players come up with theories and ideas. They still haven’t cracked it all.

After the meal everybody headed back to the hotel room and I requested a Wits/Investigation roll. Everybody passed and noticed the door to the room was ajar. The three people who got four success also noticed an acrid smell emanating from the room. Turns out nobody in the party knows what an acrid smell actually is and I had to explain (strangely nobody guessed the ‘smell that leaves a bitter, coppery taste in your mouth’ was blood). Deciding that bad shit was indeed going down (or Fed forgot to flush), Req retrieved his hunting rifle and stood guard outside with Q, as Fed tentatively went inside and the rest followed.

Our room had been ransacked. Bags had been opened, mattresses flipped, but on examination nothing had been taken. Fed opened the door to the bathroom, where the smell was coming from.

Lying in the bath was the dead, battered and bloody body of the chirpy receptionist. As we made this horrific discovery Q and Req spotted a squad of police cars screaming into the motel car park. The officers sprang out, guns drawn, yelling at them to drop their weapons and put their hands in the air.

Q obliged. Req promptly fell back into the room taking his gun with him.

Q: What are you doing.
Req: It’s defence if they shoot, just in case this is a set up.
Everyone: THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SET UP DON’T HIDE IN HERE WITH A GUN

The police barged in, Q frantically trying to keep things calm and explain why his armed friend had run inside rather than drop his weapon. Everyone was promptly arrested, dragged to the police station and banged up in a holding cell. The police left, leaving the deputy in charge.

At this point, after this experience and seeing what was in the journal, the players correctly assumed some sort of cult was abroad, they were after the journal and that they were being framed. Q attempted to reason with the deputy, with the intention of finding out information and (hopefully) getting out. Q rolled well and brought the deputy round; the deputy was obviously aware of the cult but not part of it. After being persuaded he agreed to let everyone out as long as they got the hell out of town as soon as they could.

As the deputy was about to unlock the cell a visitor arrived- the medical orderly from earlier. He politely requested access to the evidence locker, but was refused. When his request was refused a second time, he pulled out a gun and shot the deputy dead in front of everyone.

Spoiler:

As the players are standing there going WTF, the shooter orders them to stay where they are, and starts searching for a key to the locker. Relm, our resident stealthy guy, uses the opportunity to crouch down and retrieve the deputy’s gun from his holster. And fails. The noise promptly attracts the orderly’s attention, and Fed starts babbling to him about he’s a doctor and just needed to check on the deputy. It’s enough of a distraction for Relm to get the gun and pass it to Req without the orderly noticing. The orderly threatens Fed to keep quiet and goes back to searching.

Req stands up and shoots him.

I did query whether he was shooting to kill or injure, as outright murdering someone is a pretty bad thing. It was argued it was self-defence, but the guy had his back turned so it blatantly wasn’t. Req instead shot the guy’s shoulder, causing him to collapse, as Relm unlocked the cell and everyone piled out. Fed kicked the gun away and he was handcuffed to the cell bars. As I emptied the evidence locker and Sah checked the other cells, TD tried to intimidate the orderly to find out what he knew.

Turns out not only is TD a bad liar, he is also a bad interrogator.

After utterly failing to be intimidating, Req and Q played good cop/bad cop and got something out of him- he’s indeed part of the cult, his master will soon arise and the players can’t do anything to stop him. He laughs in the face of Req’s threats of torture, saying that his reward is already guaranteed, and whatever suffering he faces will pale in the face of what the players will face when the master comes. Realising they won’t get much out of him, Fed kicks him unconscious and they planned their next action.

What followed was a needless long argument involving Req wanting to loot the police station and everyone saying it was a bad idea because it’s theft. Grudgingly Req settled for just his rifle from the evidence locker (the journal wasn’t there) and we made our way back to the motel and our van (Req’s suggestion of stealing a police car was shut down hard). Since it was the middle of the night everyone casually walked like they were tourists looking for a hotel and escaped attention. Getting to the motel they saw the lights were on in the bar area. Relm went to check it out, Q kept an eye on him and Req divided up weapons to the other party members.

Relm peered into the bar and saw two white-robed cultists dragging crazy guy into the cellar. As he moved for a better look he utterly failed his stealth roll and found a gun muzzle pressed against the back of his head. Q promptly failed his roll to notice this, instead being distracted by a pretty moth fluttering about. Relm was forced into the bar at gunpoint and Q finally noticed something was amiss with a whopping 7 successes! Realising Relm was in trouble they charged in to find the bar empty but the cellar door open. TD, Sah and myself stayed up top making molotov cocktails as Fed, Req and Q entered down the steps.

As the rescue party was approaching the bar, Relm was greeted with the disturbing sight of what was in the cellar. The barrels of alcohol were pushed to one side, and in the centre of the floor was a seven-sided star, surrounded by runes and braziers. 7 cultists, wearing deer and cattle skulls as masks, stood chanting in suitable ominous Latin, and in the centre of the septagram knelt the badly beaten crazy guy. On seeing Relm he began to despair, shouting that the cultists were trying to end the world by breaking the seals, they were his last hope and now it was all-

He was kicked silent as the far wall began to bubble and froth as flesh began to seep through the brickwork. Piggy eyes and a wide mouth full of broken teeth split open as a demon, summoned by the ritual, began to materialise within the wall. A thick purple tongue dripping acid unfurled, grabbed crazy guy and dragged him screaming into its mouth. Relm watched in horror as crazy guy was eaten alive by the wall demon, before being shoved forward to be the next sacrifice.

Then the cavalry arrived!

Req shot the cultist holding Relm hostage, Fed held his action and Q took a shot at the remaining cultists. Relm sensibly spent his turn running up the stairs to freedom as the cultists charged after him, the demon laughing all the way. With a yell of “FIRE IN THE HOLE” TD threw his molotovs in the cellar, setting alight the alcohol. To Req’s dismay he realised TD had used the very expensive vodka in his molotovs, resulting in a slow motion “NOOOOOOOOOO” as they sailed overhead. As the cultists tried to escape the inferno Fed took his action and kicked the first one climbing the stairs, smashing him into the others and sending them toppling like dominoes into the burning cellar. The party cheesed it (Req grabbing a bottle on the way), piled into the van and drove like hell out of town as the bar exploded into a fireball and the motel went up in flames behind them.

Satisfied the wall demon hadn’t been unleashed by the motel’s destruction, the party regrouped and took stock. The police hadn’t taken their names, so they didn’t think they’d be traced. However, they know knew a dangerous cult was abroad seeking to bring about the end of the world, and if the sheriff of this small town was in on it, who knew how far up the corruption went? With crazy guy dead the party were the only ones who could stop it…but how, without the journal?

Deciding to get as far away from the town as possible, the party drove all night in shifts. Stopping at a petrol station in the early hours of the morning, Q went to stretch his legs.

“It seems like your little group have been doing some…interesting things.”

Leaning against the wall of the petrol station was a dapper gent in a white suit, unlit cigarette in mouth. He enigmatically explained to the suspicious Q that he was part of an organisation who want to see the future play out in the manner it was supposed to…and the group were a vial part of that. He handed Q a business card, saying if he needed any ‘assistance’, to give him a call. And, just as a sign of goodwill…he reached into his jacket and pulled out the journal, handing it to Q, before walking away and vanishing.

So what does the future hold for the party? How far does the cult’s influence spread? Who is the man in white? What does the first page of the journal mean? What the hell is going on?

Well, it’s certainly going to be an interesting ride…

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:44 pm

Thanks for letting me join in on the game, it was much fun! I would've been okay just sitting in but what happened was much preferred. I still say it's a damn shame Fed's deuce of champions wasn't strong enough to stop them from entering the bathroom.

On my part, I'm highly considering bumping up my Stealth skill. Clearly I'm going to be the one that does all the stealthy things and I'm 2/2 on failing the stealth roll on the first round, though it was suggested maybe I invest in Firearms. I have time to consider things.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 35 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top