Episode 9 is up, and whooooa boy...

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 9 is up, and whooooa boy...

Post  Lerian on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:17 pm

The "Excuse me, princess" line was a throw back to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which aired in 1989. It was a cartoon of Mario starring Lou Albano and Danny Wells playing Mario and Luigi in a live sequence. Every Friday, they would have a special Legend of Zelda cartoon. It was... well, not my favourite. Link was a bit of an stuck-up loser who whined a lot, always asking Princess Zelda for a kiss. He would often say, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess," in the most god-awful voice you could imagine.

I prefer Tony Rago's version in TWBB. Smile

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://memoirsofan80schild.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Zentropy on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks. =p

I have only vague memories of the Super Show, though I recall always being bored with the LoZ bits due to my not being familiar with the series until sometime during high school.

Zentropy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:33 pm

Zentropy wrote:Thanks. =p

I have only vague memories of the Super Show, though I recall always being bored with the LoZ bits due to my not being familiar with the series until sometime during high school.

No prob. I started being a Mario nerd at three years old, thanks to my older brothers. So anything Mario and Zelda, cheesy or not, I loved it. I recently got the Super Mario Bros. Super Show on DVD and have had a riot watching them. They're ridiculously corny, but I love 'hem. Razz

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:21 pm

My favorite episode of that was Mario's Magic Carpet, I dunno why, I just thought it was awesome as a kid.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:35 pm

OH. I remember that! I loved the one where they went to the Hawaiian island and everybody on the island was stereotypical bronzed surfers, sacrificng the princess to the volcano. Nothing like some good old fashion racism. I also loved the one where they spoofed Sherlock Holmes. Instead of Holmes, it was Herloch Sholmes and Kooparity. Classic.

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:You jerks have destroyed about 2 to 3 hours of my day today and I had a half day at school. WHICH MEANS YOU WASTED MY EXTRA TIME TODAY.

Next person that links TVTropes gets Falcon Pawnch'd. Third times a charm your deathwish

T_T

I'm not surprised. After all, TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Post  CaityG on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 pm

Epic, epic episode. I was loving all the random video game lines, and of course the cover of the original Pokemon theme was amazing. I can't wait for 10! =D

CaityG
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:51 am

Zentropy wrote:When Bowser mentioned the "Shadow Dog", I thought of Lucario. I thought TWBB had gone through everyone at this point, but I don't think we've seen him yet. Has he already been introduced in the series?

Also, I liked the "Excuuuuuuse me, princess" line as much as everyone else, but is there some reference I'm not getting? It seems like there might be.
yes it was from an old cartoon version of zelda. he said that many, many times.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:53 am

Lerian wrote:The "Excuse me, princess" line was a throw back to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which aired in 1989. It was a cartoon of Mario starring Lou Albano and Danny Wells playing Mario and Luigi in a live sequence. Every Friday, they would have a special Legend of Zelda cartoon. It was... well, not my favourite. Link was a bit of an stuck-up loser who whined a lot, always asking Princess Zelda for a kiss. He would often say, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess," in the most god-awful voice you could imagine.

me too =D much better. i also agree that the link in the old version was VERY stuck up and VERY annoying.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 am

Lerian wrote:
DarkFalco wrote:another think....we don't know exactly what he keeps in that flask of his....grandma's soup anyone? =P
i just hope they don't kill him off =/ he has grown to be one of my favorite characters in the show

Likewise!

Maybe it's Lon Lon Ranch milk in the flask...

or blue/red potion XD maybe it has an addictive effect like morphine, exept it heals injuries instead of just killing pain. link must have had quite a few of those back in his adventuring days....at least when i played it he did XD

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:08 am

...for some reason I keep thinking 'Full Restore' but then 'no, he's not a Pokemon.'

Unless it was really Ditto. /crackpot

Leaf Max Revives all the pokeymanz and they become part of Mario's Fucking Army? Razz

no really, I don't know what I'm saying either.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:42 am

OH GOD IS THAT A TRIPLE FUCKING POST I SEE.

Yeah, I guess.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:35 am

DarkFalco wrote:
Lerian wrote:
DarkFalco wrote:another think....we don't know exactly what he keeps in that flask of his....grandma's soup anyone? =P
i just hope they don't kill him off =/ he has grown to be one of my favorite characters in the show

Likewise!

Maybe it's Lon Lon Ranch milk in the flask...

or blue/red potion XD maybe it has an addictive effect like morphine, exept it heals injuries instead of just killing pain. link must have had quite a few of those back in his adventuring days....at least when i played it he did XD

Man, I can't believe I forgot about the red/blue potions! Of course, it would be interesting to know where Malon got the milk from... >_<

True, Link must have been addicted to those potions. That explains what happened to him in Brawl! Razz

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:12 am

Lerian wrote:The "Excuse me, princess" line was a throw back to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show, which aired in 1989. It was a cartoon of Mario starring Lou Albano and Danny Wells playing Mario and Luigi in a live sequence. Every Friday, they would have a special Legend of Zelda cartoon. It was... well, not my favourite. Link was a bit of an stuck-up loser who whined a lot, always asking Princess Zelda for a kiss. He would often say, "Well, excuuuuuuuuuse me, princess," in the most god-awful voice you could imagine.

More like he says it in the greatest voice of all time!

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 am

jumpingwhitebean wrote:

More like he says it in the greatest voice of all time!

Agreed. Tony's delivery is spot on. Very Happy

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:48 am

Fobbs McCloud wrote:OH GOD IS THAT A TRIPLE FUCKING POST I SEE.

Yeah, I guess.

Yes it is and AFTER being informed about the 'edit' button in the top right corner

Dark Falco, seriously stop with the triple posts, it's unneeded. Just edit your posts please and thank you

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:35 am

Relmitos wrote:My favorite episode of that was Mario's Magic Carpet, I dunno why, I just thought it was awesome as a kid.

Nahh, the greatest episode of all time was the one staring Milli Vanilli! Of course, you probably have to be a bit of an old fart to appreciate it, since it was made before a certain 'incident' Wink

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:54 am

Raya wrote:
Relmitos wrote:My favorite episode of that was Mario's Magic Carpet, I dunno why, I just thought it was awesome as a kid.

Nahh, the greatest episode of all time was the one staring Milli Vanilli! Of course, you probably have to be a bit of an old fart to appreciate it, since it was made before a certain 'incident' Wink

I didn't care muchfor that one but Bad Rap, The Pied Koopa and The Quest for Pizza were good. The last 2 have some mistakes in them,like Luigi's mout moving to Peach's voice and Toad jumping down from a wall and still being up there in the next shot lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:59 am

JGH27 wrote:
I didn't care muchfor that one but Bad Rap, The Pied Koopa and The Quest for Pizza were good. The last 2 have some mistakes in them,like Luigi's mout moving to Peach's voice and Toad jumping down from a wall and still being up there in the next shot lol

The Milli Vanilli episode was bad, but from a modern day perspective it's hilarious. Milli Vanilli were huge at the time, but later there was a massive scandal where it turned out they had been miming the entire time- the real singers were deemed too ugly to be marketable, so they chose some prettier looking people to mime the singing. Shit hit the fan when it was uncovered.

That's what makes the episode so funny- the Princess and Wendy-O being screaming fangirls and everyone banging on about what a great band they are! Smile

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Raya wrote:
JGH27 wrote:

The Milli Vanilli episode was bad, but from a modern day perspective it's hilarious. Milli Vanilli were huge at the time, but later there was a massive scandal where it turned out they had been miming the entire time- the real singers were deemed too ugly to be marketable, so they chose some prettier looking people to mime the singing. Shit hit the fan when it was uncovered.

That's what makes the episode so funny- the Princess and Wendy-O being screaming fangirls and everyone banging on about what a great band they are! Smile

Ahhh, from that perspective then I agree. Funny how it wasn't until a few years ago that I even heard about them and when I had it was because it was some bio thing and it mentioned the scandal lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zentropy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:14 pm

JGH27 wrote:Yes it is and AFTER being informed about the 'edit' button in the top right corner

Dark Falco, seriously stop with the triple posts, it's unneeded. Just edit your posts please and thank you

In his defense, maybe he doesn't know he can copy, paste, and consolidate all the "Quote"-BB Code from multiple posts into a single reply.

edit:

|
|
V

Ahh, I'm sorry! I was just checking what that button did; I didn't know it was a Thumbs Up/Down thing. =\

Last edited by Zentropy on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Didn't want to add a useless post to the thread.)

Zentropy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Fair point

If this is the case Dark Falco my apologies. Just ask us how if you don't know how

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:12 pm

JGH27 wrote:Fair point

If this is the case Dark Falco my apologies. Just ask us how if you don't know how

hey just so you all know...i'm a girl not a guy.....XD

and yeah i was just wanting to comment to several different people....i'm just pretty new to the forums...sorry Embarassed

wait.....didn't u have a darth maul pic for your profile?.....

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:18 pm

DarkFalco wrote:
JGH27 wrote:Fair point

hey just so you all know...i'm a girl not a guy.....XD

and yeah i was just wanting to comment to several different people....i'm just pretty new to the forums...sorry Embarassed

Oops, sorry about that Embarassed

Also if Surge or smash wanna explain how to multiple quote someone in 1 post please explain it as I'm sure there's an easier way then how I do it lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:34 pm

that would be very helpfull thanks =)

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down