Episode 9 is up, and whooooa boy...

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 9 is up, and whooooa boy...

Post  zach also rises on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:23 am

Glad everyone liked it! The pressure was really on to keep Bowser up to the expectations we set of him... glad we all came through.

I wouldn't say that dude123's second spoiler source (Subspace Emissary) was any real inspiration for the way we went with that character, although I did play that whole campaign and it might have had some subconcious effect (I did think the way they used that character was pretty cool when I played it). If you're confused, listen to Bowser's dialogue, he spells it all out (if cryptically). Oldest demons, indeed.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:10 am

Yeah, I like how original you made Bowser. Especially considering how all the other characters went on about how badass and ruthless he is, and in the end, he's not all that nasty at all. His costume and voice acting were great too.

Awesome castle as well.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dude123 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:29 am

I agree!

You guys must have spent a fortune filming this!

Amazing!

Can't wait till episode 10!

dude123
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  big willy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 am

OMG Red.... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *crys* he was my faved character

I can't believe Bowser =D He was just AWESOME, A true Don. Kills himself so no one claims his pride. Bowser was short lived but soooo worth it.

and Zelda, Gannon and Wario must all be working as a team. and how will the end of days fall in all of this.... man, still so many questions.

and Link, he can't die, not yet. He holds the Triforce of Courage and he is the only one that can stop Gannon with the Master Sword. The gods will return. And Link may be stabbed right through but he will live... why?

Spoiler:

As stated in Ep. 7, he still has some of that needle stuff for himself, he will use it, he will live and will take his revenge. But will he still love Zelda for what she did or is she just a sick fuck as Luigi would say Razz

big willy
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.aussie-nintendo.com/forum/member.php?u=1316

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 is up, and whoooa boy

Post  Enigma on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 am

Loved it, you guys are just freaking awsome.
So many twists and turns i feel like my brain has gone to mush.
I don't think we'll be able to handle the last episode. keep up the amazing work!!!

Enigma
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:35 am

big willy wrote:OMG Red.... NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *crys* he was my faved character

I can't believe Bowser =D He was just AWESOME, A true Don. Kills himself so no one claims his pride. Bowser was short lived but soooo worth it.

and Zelda, Gannon and Wario must all be working as a team. and how will the end of days fall in all of this.... man, still so many questions.

and Link, he can't die, not yet. He holds the Triforce of Courage and he is the only one that can stop Gannon with the Master Sword. The gods will return. And Link may be stabbed right through but he will live... why?

Spoiler:

As stated in Ep. 7, he still has some of that needle stuff for himself, he will use it, he will live and will take his revenge. But will he still love Zelda for what she did or is she just a sick fuck as Luigi would say Razz
Well, Marth is still running around the kingdom thanks to the fact that he took himself off-duty upon hearing about Ike back in Episode 7. I'm personally expecting an appearance in the last episode where he kicks Zelda around. (Remember, he takes orders from Link as well as Shiek/Zelda.)

And End of Days? I'll bet he's just around to spread anarchy around the place. Remember that he made the capsules that blew up poor PT, and he's part of the crazed Master Hand cult that killed Falco, so maybe that's how he figures into it as just another pawn under Ganondorf's fingertips.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fellwing on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:02 am

That was worth the wait for Bowser, holy mother of god. I loved the whole outfit, how y'all pulled off the shells with boffer shields (I saw what you did there!) and made it look GOOD. And Bowsers hair? Seeexxxyyyy. I'm totally going to make some shell shields now.

Spoiler:
Though, the MINUTE I saw Wa walking around, LIKE A NORMAL PERSON, The words came out of my mouth "What the fuck is HE doing walking around!?" I knew he was up to something. And he had the perfect alibi for Red to suspect nothing! And yes, the instant Link was stabbed my thought was "He has Max tomato left. He can't die now. Can't. Nonononono. Gotta see a redemption!" I also gotta say, I'm THOROUGHLY disappointed in Falcon for leaving. What an ass! He's supposed to be a shining example of good and he just ditches!? I'm hoping he has a change of heart in 10 and turns the damn car toward the towers.

And one last note: Bowser's death was amazingly well done. I knew the instant he said 'claim a trophy' that he was talking about his own head. The way he went out? With the music he had? Awesome. You guys do the fire effect well! And the fact that he had a little fire come out of his eyes too? Awesome.

I do have to say, I don't think I've said it enough. Thank you guys, so much, for making this series. Great writing, great acting, great makeup and special effects, just amazing. I keep wanting to see this go elsewhere, go on to bigger and better things, like TV or movies, and I hope, sincerely, that you guys definitely get something huge out of this. With all the hard work put in, you all deserve accolades and praise. cheers

Fellwing
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:26 am

Matthew Mercer wrote:
smashbro wrote:
Matthew Mercer wrote:Also... I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy the opening scene as Ganondorf. That steak was DELICIOUS.
Oh yeah, about that. For a moment I thought you were eating the 'guts' of a fallen victim...

Shocked

I had that slight worry during editing, but then thought better of it.

Also, I am DRUNK. 54 hours without sleep to edit, followed by a brilliant B-day party for a friend with good drinks = me rambling on the forums.

I LOVE YOU FOLKS!!!

Holy crap you did all this on thanksgiving? You guys are just too awesome. I could never go 54 hours without sleeping, you need some kind of trophy. cheers

And hope episode 10 is much easier!

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:29 am

54 hours? Yowch D=

Still, that just makes it more impressive. But don't work TOO hard.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Aye, fantastic episode guys.

Spoiler:
Well Red, So long pal. Very sad actually but great job.

Can't wait for season finale!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Entlassen on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:08 pm

"Well, excuse me, Princess!"

Holy balls I lol'd.

I gotta say, the most well-done episode to date, IMO. Plenty long, but not overbearing. Bowser's costume was outstanding (to say nothing of his acting), though it seemed like he learned how to move his mouth a little better as his scene went on. Razz

I have to love the costumes you had for Bowser's baddies, though. I like how the wounded Koopa's uniform had a sort of military look to it (it looked like the shell was strapped on with A.L.I.C.E. webbing), and, acting-wise, he definitely pulled off the "dying soldier" very well. The Magikoopa also gave me a good laugh - sounded pretty much like how I'd expect them to sound, and the costume was perfect (lol, steampunk goggles).

Though, I'm not a big fan of the Game & Watch effects. Personally, I think it'd look much better if it was just a bunch of extras in black skintight suits and a large nose pasted on the face. Or maybe something like this. The simple CGI graphics just looks really awkward against live-action footage, and I think it'd just be more fun to see TWBB's own rendition of G&W.

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Entlassen wrote:Though, I'm not a big fan of the Game & Watch effects. Personally, I think it'd look much better if it was just a bunch of extras in black skintight suits and a large nose pasted on the face. Or maybe something like this. The simple CGI graphics just looks really awkward against live-action footage, and I think it'd just be more fun to see TWBB's own rendition of G&W.

Yeah, I'll agree with you on this one. I thought the scene was still cool nonetheless, but if I had to make one complaint, it'd be about the G&Ws.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Looking back at Red's death I couldn't help but think, if only that Poliwhirl's ability had been Damp.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudora on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Holy.

RED! *sob*

I kind of liked how you guys worked this cliffhanger. All of our main heroes are in a state of stupor and or grief. Luigi, Mario, Link, and Samus.

Spoiler:
And Link does have that maximum tomato extract. At first I thought he was a gonner but then I remembered that. Most of you have already mentioned it. Razz. Link's my fave... so I'm rooting for him.

But seriously guys. you did an awesome job. I wish I wasn't such a silent voice on the forums to express how AWESOME this is... Very Happy

Mudora
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mudora on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Weldar wrote:Looking back at Red's death I couldn't help but think, if only that Poliwhirl's ability had been Damp.

so true.... *sniffle*

Mudora
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:18 pm

Best episode yet, and I mean that.

Also, I hate you guys for killing pokemon trainer. I can put that aside though, everything about this episode was perfect.

Please keep up the good work on the grand conclusion.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:33 pm

SurgePox wrote:
Also, I hate you guys for killing pokemon trainer. I can put that aside though, everything about this episode was perfect.

Indeed, WHY?! Why kill him? How could you Waluigi? You guys did nail the sadness meter at the end, that was fantastic.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 pm

Outlaw wrote:
SurgePox wrote:

Indeed, WHY?! Why kill him? How could you Waluigi? You guys did nail the sadness meter at the end, that was fantastic.

he did it for the olympics......and yeah, I never thought the pokemon theme song could actually be moving.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Mudora wrote:
Weldar wrote:Looking back at Red's death I couldn't help but think, if only that Poliwhirl's ability had been Damp.

so true.... *sniffle*
How about a Munchlax?

...wait for it...

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lavaros on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:37 pm

[quote=\"Matthew Mercer\"][quote=\"Cena\"]Here\'s all the info about it, in case you\'re wondering, Matt. It\'s in May this year - I hope it\'s not too later.[/quote]

In a hilarious scenario, I\'ve actually attended your convention before! My girlfriend (and TWBB\'s Zelda) was a costumer guest there about 3 years ago, and we were in attendance. Lots of fun times there!

As for coming to the convention, that\'s sadly not our realm. What you would need to do is get in contact with the organizers and pitch to them the idea of having us a guests/a guest at the con. Mentok actually has been fighting a rather fantastic fight on the Aussie front in this regard, hehe.[/quote] Aussie front? Ohooooboy. If you guys manage to actually manage to get to a Con the good old Land Down Under, I\'d hope it one of the Supanova\'s, mainly because the guests get treated really well most of the time. Smile

Small edit: to do with my other post, I watched it by myself first and it blew me away, then I with my sister, we both agreed that Red had the most impact in terms of his death.

Last edited by Lavaros on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lavaros
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:39 pm

I approve.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rye on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:04 pm

I can't believe that no one has pointed out yet Ganondorf's line: "The Captain and I are a lot more similar than you think" as a reference to their identical movesets in both Melee and Brawl.

The Rye
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Actually, it's been pointed out at least twice, once by me.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Rye on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Ah okay, I only skimmed the stuff in the spoilers, didn't see it while browsing.

The Rye
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 pm

We almost saw it... Captain Falcon and Ganon collide with their punches. It should have happened. If it did, we all would be dead right now.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:16 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top