Upcoming DVD release in 2021?

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Upcoming DVD release in 2021?

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Upcoming DVD release.....in the now! Dunno how I didn't think of this earlier, but a few days ago I got the idea of "Well......we're obviously never going to get an official DVD for whatever reason it might actually be, so maybe I could just stitch together all the episodes and make them able to be converted to DVD format?" So for the past few days I've been taking all the episodes, running them through editors, snipping things out of the picture (Every credit reel save the last one, and all the Escapist intros, specifically), and generally making it as cohesive as possible without taking out anything of the actual movie. What I ended up with, is a slew of video chunks that if you do it right will burn to a blank CD to make a TWBB DVD that lasts a grand total of 2 hours and 50 minutes worth of TWBB goodness. You're welcome.

It's going to take a little bit of effort on your end if you actually want it, but there's not much I can do about that. All I can do, is supply the chunks and tell you what to do with them.

First; the chunks.
Part 1: https://rapidshare.com/files/2421137441/VTS_01_1.VOB
Part 2: https://rapidshare.com/files/1136370534/VTS_01_2.VOB
Part 3: https://rapidshare.com/files/1167004577/VTS_01_3.VOB
Part 4: https://rapidshare.com/files/3982079650/VTS_01_4.VOB
Part 5: https://rapidshare.com/files/1361426217/VTS_01_5.VOB

"Well, Relm, now that I have all the bits and pieces of the ghetto DVD, what do I do with them?"

Your gonna need to get your hands on a blank disc that can hold onto about 240 minutes worth of data on it. Those aren't too hard to come by.

Next, your going to need the program to actually patch this thing together. That would be ImgBurn.

For what to actually do when it comes time to actually make the DVD, just follow the directions here, starting at step 3. Steps 1 and 2 involve part of what I did to actually make these files in the first place.

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/burn-wmv-to-dvd/

Enjoy your new TWBB DVD.

Disclaimer: Being a huge slew of youtube videos, it still has the Escapist watermark. There was absolutely nothing I could do about it, so your just gonna have to suck it up and watch it with the watermarks. Next, also being a huge slew of youtube videos, it lacks features such as multiple languages and extra features. Hell, it doesn't even have a menu. Deal with it.

Now for the important one; it DOES work on a DVD player without a hitch (Or at least my own trial DVD did), but if you try to play it using, say, Windows Media Player, it'll throw at you some warnings saying it doesn't play that kind of video format. Pro tip: it does. Tell it to try to play that video format anyways, and it'll do it. Enjoy!

(This SHOULD work, if there's something that doesn't work, let me know and I'll see if I can figure out the problem. This better work, heh, took me a lot of time to do that.)

Last edited by Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:16 pm

Relm, I think I love you.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 pm

Hehe, glad you appreciate the effort Razz

One more thing I probably should add about the part where you use imgburn to make the thing, when you get to this part of the guide:

Make sure you add in each of the five pieces before you hit burn else your not gonna get the whole thing on a single DVD.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Great news, just gonna post to say "We will still buy them if you put them out!"

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:04 am

Thank you. :3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks for this, but I already actually have a DVD of the whole thing. I was going to make the DVD image available, but was told by the mods to not do so. Therefore, I don't know if what you're doing is cool with them.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't know if this is cool either, we're trying to follow forumotions tos which says not to make or promote illegal downloads but since the videos are up on youtube anyways idk if it's public or if editing or distributing it is fully legal or prohibited.

I'm at school atm, if anyone else finds a solution before I get home and check it out myself don't hesitate to share.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:18 pm

Wait....wait....really? You show up out of nowhere just to say "Hey, this is something I did a long time ago but was told to take it down, you take yours down to because I couldn't host my own"?

I don't exactly see how this would be considered illegal though. As you said Surge, you can watch the whole thing on Youtube and Escapist, and Matt and Co aren't selling these for a profit. If they were making these things to sell them, then of course they would be illegal. But they're not. Where's the problem?

Last edited by Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:24 pm

Relmitos wrote:Wait....wait....really? You show up out of nowhere just to say "Hey, this is something I did a long time ago but was told to take it down, you take yours down to because I couldn't host my own"? Cool story.

Surely you don't think that out of all of this time of waiting that you are the first person to do this.

Memo probably did do this, along with the whole trading card thing.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Outlaw wrote:Memo probably did do this, along with the whole trading card thing.

I never said I was first, and what does trading cards have to do with this?

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm

Relmitos wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Memo probably did do this, along with the whole trading card thing.

I never said I was first, and what does trading cards have to do with this?

Nothing, it was added to support the likelihood that sense he went out of his way to create a few TWBB related things that it wouldn't be too hard to believe that he also did this.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:34 pm

So basically your just assuming he made his own version of a dvd because he made the trading cards without knowing for a fact. Right.

Edit: Not saying Memo didn't, for all I know he did. It must've been ages ago and I don't remember he did because it was that long ago, that's an easy possibility.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:46 pm

Relmitos wrote:So basically your just assuming he made his own version of a dvd because he made the trading cards without knowing for a fact. Right.

You obviously didn't get the point so I won't try to explain it again.

Relmitos wrote:Edit: Not saying Memo didn't, for all I know he did. It must've been ages ago and I don't remember he did because it was that long ago, that's an easy possibility.

Should have started with this to begin with.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:52 pm

Whatever you say dude.

Outlaw wrote:
Relmitos wrote:Wait....wait....really? You show up out of nowhere just to say "Hey, this is something I did a long time ago but was told to take it down, you take yours down to because I couldn't host my own"? Cool story.
Surely you don't think that out of all of this time of waiting that you are the first person to do this.

How did you come up with this anyway? I didn't say "lolno you didn't." I said, in short, "Why would you come here to post with the sole purpose of saying 'Hey, I couldn't do mine, you can't do yours'"

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Relmitos wrote:Whatever you say dude.

Outlaw wrote:

How did you come up with this anyway? I didn't say "lolno you didn't." I said, in short, "Why would you come here to post with the sole purpose of saying 'Hey, I couldn't do mine, you can't do yours'"

Sarcastically, when you end a post with "Cool Story.", to me at least, that means you don't believe or take them serious.

Also, he didn't say "You can't do yours".

AdmiralMemo wrote:Therefore, I don't know if what you're doing is cool with them.

If anything he was simply giving you a heads up that the mods might not agree.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 pm

In the year after the videos went up on escapist, they had exclusive distribution rights. I remember a quick blurb when the videos went up on youtube where they mentioned a 1 year period of exclusivity for the escapist. During that time I'd discouraged posting edits or dvd rips because I didn't want to risk breaking forumotions ToS. At this time, that exclusivity has expired, but I'm not sure what that entails exactly.

We can ask crew? anyone have them on fb?

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:44 am

Relmitos wrote:"Why would you come here to post with the sole purpose of saying 'Hey, I couldn't do mine, you can't do yours'"
Outlaw wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:Therefore, I don't know if what you're doing is cool with them.
If anything he was simply giving you a heads up that the mods might not agree.
Pretty much. I'm not saying "You can't do yours." I'm just trying to warn you that the mods might tell you "You can't do yours" since they told me that I couldn't do mine in mid-2010.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:42 am

Ha, right on Memo.

Surge, I have Matthew Mercer on facebook. I can pop him a message right now through iPod or when I get home if you'd like.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

I don't see why there should be a problem, especially since we're not making it for profit, but Surge is right in that we do have to be careful not to break the ToS. Otherwise we could log on and find the entire forum gone.

Assuming we're able to do it though, what's stopping us from doing a full fan DVD? Not just the videos, but extras too? There's the outtake video and the TWBB con panels for a start. I'm sure plenty of us would be up for doing fan commentry, and we could perhaps persuade some of the cast to do one (they certainly seemed up for things at the last panel I was at). What do you think?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Relm asked me about this before posting and I said I was ok with it.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

Should I contact Kyle?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Raya wrote:I don't see why there should be a problem, especially since we're not making it for profit, but Surge is right in that we do have to be careful not to break the ToS. Otherwise we could log on and find the entire forum gone.

Assuming we're able to do it though, what's stopping us from doing a full fan DVD? Not just the videos, but extras too? There's the outtake video and the TWBB con panels for a start. I'm sure plenty of us would be up for doing fan commentry, and we could perhaps persuade some of the cast to do one (they certainly seemed up for things at the last panel I was at). What do you think?
Mine's got the outtakes and interviews I could find already. Also, I've got Publisher's Club, so I've got the high-res versions from the Escapist. I don't have anything from panels, though, and the two bloopers things I could find on YouTube were really badly recorded from a panel, so I didn't include them.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:51 pm

I like all of the ideas going on in this thread. The first step is to get permission from mercer, if he clears this, we should be fine to put something together on our own. I like the idea of rayas of putting together as many extras as possible in it as well to such a setup.

For the first time in years, we will be relevant again.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Just gonna say, if Memo has HD versions of it and we make some kind of DVD like what we're planning, would probably better to go with Memo's version. I highly doubt my versions of the videos are HD. Would take a rather large DVD to make copies of it though, if we were to add commentary and stuff. Or just two different DVD's to be used as a pair.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:40 am

Yeah... Once I get my computer back up and running (motherboard is dead), I'll work on getting this edited together and such.

My version, though, kept the different episodes separate, as that is really what this is: a series. This is not a movie, and would need to be edited somewhat differently to become one. (Not that it would be hard to edit this into a movie, but it would just take more time.)

Also snipping out the credits of each episode removes some of the awesome music.

Finally, has anyone else thought of asking Matt whether crowd-sourcing (like KickStarter) would work for an official DVD release? Crowd-sourcing hadn't even been a thing when this thread started, but now it's common. It could solve the money issue by seeing how much is actually needed vs. how much interest is still here for one.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top