Let's nominate TWBB for a Streamy! (Public nominations are closed)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Let's nominate TWBB for a Streamy! (Public nominations are closed)

Post  Mr Greeb on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:27 am

I recently(read: about half an hour ago) found out that there is an award, called the Streamy Award, which "recognize[s] outstanding achievement for shows produced originally for broadband distribution". Now, I don't think that anyone in this forum thinks that There will be Brawl is anything less than outstanding, nor that these guys, after so much amazing work, doesn't deserve something amazing in return.

I haven't read the details, but I think it is possible to nominate them between some date in December and some date in January. I say we do all we can to get TWBB nominated! And then, everything we can to help them WIN!

*Dramatic speech over*

So... who else than me thinks this is a good idea?

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

Location : Dunno, but people sure like white coats around here.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's nominate TWBB for a Streamy! (Public nominations are closed)

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:31 am

I don't know, only everyone? Razz

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:45 am

please provide is with a link to nominate/vote for there will be brawl

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kristopher on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:48 am

I'm actually kinda surprised TTWB doesn't have a nomination already since it appears on the Escapist and all Neutral
Sure I'd nominate it!! Very Happy

Kristopher
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Greeb on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:01 am

Blue Madness wrote:I don't know, only everyone? Razz

Good to know! As soon as I can, I'll be creating a Nominate TWBB for the Streamys-facebook group, but I'm really busy at the moment, so it'll have to be in a few hours.

I haven't really been able to find out how and where to nominate, but I don't think we're able to nominate just yet. As I said, I think it's only possible between December and January. Right now I'm off to training, so I won't be able to check stuff out for the next few hours, but the website is www.streamys.org. Let me know if you find out anything.

Last edited by Mr Greeb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:18 am

yeah if facebook or twitter is needed I prolly wont vote.....I dont need bloody facebook

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Greeb on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:24 am

Avalanche91 wrote:yeah if facebook or twitter is needed I prolly wont vote.....I dont need bloody facebook

Ok, last comment before I leave: You don't need facebook, but it's kinda a good way to spread the word, don'tcha think?

Besides, this is like, the real deal. This isn't some amateur-stuff, these guys are sposored by Kodak and lotsa other folks. The only way to vote is through their website.

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 am

thats good news. the Avalanche91 vote is secured now Razz

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:06 am

I am absolutely down. Not being made in the same year as Dr. Horrible means we might actually have a chance! (They swept all the web awards last year, or so they say)

EDIT: After looking at the process and organization behind the Streamys, I am a little doubtful that our little webseries will be able to make it. That being said, it never hurts to try, and there is no shame in pushing for something you believe in.

The streamy winners and nominees are decided by the International Academy of Web Television. Seeing as how no one here (most likely) is part of that organization, any attempts we make will be pretty grassroots. The one that we can do at this point is spread the word about There Will Be Brawl. The more people who are part of the TWBB bandwagon, the more attention this series may get. Find pockets of the internet that you know may be receptive to this series and to this effort (Smash World Forums, All is Brawl, and Escapist Magazine come to mind). As this series gains popularity and momentum, we increase the chances of the right people taking notice.

Maybe, idk. I probably don't really know what I'm talking about here.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Greeb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:10 am

Ho ho ho, my dear Surgepox, do you really think me a bringer of false hope? I might not know the specifics, but I always do a little research before I do... well, anything. Here's from the "Rules"-section:

"Anyone may nominate a web show or individual for consideration during the Public Nominations period. Please feel free to nominate yourself or your own show. For each category, the nominee with the greatest number of nominations will automatically become an Official Nominee. The remaining Official Nominees will be determined by members of the International Academy of Web Television, which will review all submissions meeting the minimum entry guidelines listed above. The Academy will also select the winner of each category."

- http://www.streamys.org/rules.shtml

The "minimum entry guidelines" is that it's a webseries with at least three episodes.

Now, the idea behind this whole thread was that this is probably the only way, at least that I can come up with, we, the fans, can really repay these people for making this frikkin' awesome series. But if we're to pull this off, more or less the whole forum needs to vote. Not that it's a hard task, it's just voting, which is to say one little click with the mouse, after all, but we'll have to be quite the crowd nonetheless, and we probably need to vote more than once. If just four or five people are going to vote, then it's quite pointless, really. So I really need know if the forum is up for it; if not, then ok, that's cool, I just want to know if there's a point for me to try to make it happen.

*second dramatic speech over*

So... whaddya think, guys and gals?

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:44 am

I'm in. If we ALL try to recruit as many people as possible, I think we probably have a chance. We should try recruiting on The Escapist too.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm

I'll vote and am sure I can get a good crowd to as well. Let's give Matt and them the respect they deserve and because I'm in a good mood I GUESS we can give Key a little credit too Razz

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:05 pm

yeah, but let's leave out paul. I don't think he can handle a lot of attention Wink

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 pm

Well Mr Greeb, this is probably one of the times I am delighted to have been mistaken. We may need to push really hard to get that nomination, but I think we can do it. I have some good news, though, I've had a talk with some of the members of SSBF (The forum we fought against in the forum SSBB battle) and some of the mods there are down for helping us out. We may be able to get a nice chunk of their forum working with us. I HIGHLY reccommend putting the call out on SWF and AiB, and for sure on the Escapist. These seem like great places to find people who are down for helping us out.

Also, let's be clear on which categories we are nominating for.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Greeb on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:35 pm

SurgePox wrote:Well Mr Greeb, this is probably one of the times I am delighted to have been mistaken. We may need to push really hard to get that nomination, but I think we can do it. I have some good news, though, I've had a talk with some of the members of SSBF (The forum we fought against in the forum SSBB battle) and some of the mods there are down for helping us out. We may be able to get a nice chunk of their forum working with us. I HIGHLY reccommend putting the call out on SWF and AiB, and for sure on the Escapist. These seem like great places to find people who are down for helping us out.

Also, let's be clear on which categories we are nominating for.

Awesome! Way to go!

I'm usually not much of a forum-goer; what is SWF and AiB?

The Facebook group "Let's nominate There will be Brawl for a Streamy!" is now founded, and I hope that people will join it as soon as possible, lest I'll look like an idiot with a seemingly random FB-group with no members, since I haven't told any of my friends about this stunt*bows head in shame*.

Here are the current awards:

Programming

* Best Dramatic Web Series
* Best Comedy Web Series
* Best Hosted Web Series
* Best News/Politics Web Series
* Best Reality Web Series
* Audience Choice

Directing

* Best Directing for a Comedy Web Series
* Best Directing for a Dramatic Web Series

Writing

* Best Writing for a Comedy Web Series
* Best Writing for a Dramatic Web Series

Acting

* Best Male Actor in a Comedy Web Series
* Best Female Actor in a Comedy Web Series
* Best Male Actor in a Dramatic Web Series
* Best Female Actor in a Dramatic Web Series
* Best Ensemble Cast in a Web Series
* Best Guest Star in a Web Series

Hosting

* Best Web Series Host

Technical and Craft

* Best Editing in a Web Series
* Best Cinematography in a Web Series
* Best Art Direction in a Web Series
* Best Visual Effects in a Web Series
* Best Animation in a Web Series
* Best Original Music for a Web Series
* Best Ad Integration in a Web Series
* Best Artistic Concept in a Web Series

With it being quite late in Norway and all(00:30, ok, not that late, but I'm tired nonetheless:p), I haven't really gone through all of them, but I'd say that we should at least go for both Best Comedy and Best Dramatic(well, if it's dramatic as in Dr. Horrible-dramatic and not as in... I dunno, The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford-dramatic). But as for the rest, I'll leave up to you folks for now.

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:38 pm

WOO HOO, 2nd member

Also sent out 90 invites to all my Facebook friends (woulda been 170 about 2 hours ago but I deleted a ton lol)

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:43 pm

One way or the other, we have to get this series nominated for best writing. Think about it; it's somehow able to stick to film noir style while incorporating lines like 'I'm sorry, Luigi, but your princess is in another castle'. We've got great lines, so I don't see how we can't get this nominated for a writing award.

Also, can we push our luck with the best ensemble cast award? I don't think we can really single out any one actor here, as there are so many people that it's almost mind-boggling.

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Joined the FB group

Anyway, definitely best writing. The writing is what makes the series amazing. Also, I think best ensemble cast could possibly be a good attempt, because there are NO bad actors/actresses in the entire series.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:09 pm

I assume that Public Nominations will start and end around same time last year, if not, near it. Cause I have been wondering this.
(Last year's):

Public Nominations Open: Friday, December 19
Public Nominations Close: Friday, January 23
Also, making an announcement on the TWBB Steam page. I'm also gonna try to get support from the TF2 group/forums i go to, but since I'm still relatively new, I don't want to be real blatant with advertising. I'll figure a way.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Mercer on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:02 pm

This is absolutely brilliant, guys!! We've been hoping to get in with the Streamy Awards since we attended last year, and I think we would have a fair shot should we get our foot in the door. I know our New Media agent is on the submission panel, so there's a good chance we may get seen, but anything/everything you guys can do to spread the word once public submissions are up helps TREMENDOUSLY.

Matthew Mercer
One whom pulls the strings...

View user profile http://www.therewillbebrawl.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Greeb on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Matthew Mercer wrote:This is absolutely brilliant, guys!! We've been hoping to get in with the Streamy Awards since we attended last year, and I think we would have a fair shot should we get our foot in the door. I know our New Media agent is on the submission panel, so there's a good chance we may get seen, but anything/everything you guys can do to spread the word once public submissions are up helps TREMENDOUSLY.

Oh, please, stop it, you're making us blush. Embarassed
Seriously though; it's the least we can do.

Now, to everyone: I think the easiest is to make the FB-group the "Main base of operations" or whatever, since most people are on fb, and it's easier not to be spread across different forums. To make it sounds less pompous: I think we should tell people that the group is where you get to know what to do.

Also, If someone volunteered to be a second admin in the fb-group, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Mr Greeb on Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Mr Greeb
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:06 pm

Joined the FB TWBB-Streamys club, so when I get home today will read up on the award & Process, good luck guys~ Cool

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:30 am

i'll spread the word to the forums i'm on though i am not on alot of them.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAlmightyAwesome on Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:30 pm

JGH27 wrote:I'll vote and am sure I can get a good crowd to as well. Let's give Matt and them the respect they deserve and because I'm in a good mood I GUESS we can give Key a little credit too Razz

Aw...JGH...you're so sweet. Thank you so much...
Ansem wrote:yeah, but let's leave out paul. I don't think he can handle a lot of attention Wink

Paul's head would explode with too much ego if this happened and then any grills he's supposed to get in for Episode 10 would be not be gotten in...so yes, Ansem has the right idea...

EDIT!!!
Here we are at LAST year's Streamy's.

Me with Tay Zonday! Chocolate Rain indeed...

Me with the indefatigably humorous Jeff Lewis + wife

Your one and only Brawl Crew!

TheAlmightyAwesome
Luigi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:13 am

Avalanche91 wrote:yeah if facebook or twitter is needed I prolly wont vote.....I dont need bloody facebook

Agreed. Every once in a blue moon someone somehow convinces me to make something of that nature and after one usage, I never use it again.

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:26 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top