Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Olaf-Symbiote on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:30 pm

If MK would really be the butcher, wouldn't that mean he'd still have to be alive? The two most popular theories involving Meta Knight are that either he's the butcher or he was the one who really died in ep 8 and not Kirby. If either one of these theories was true, wouldn't it mean that either Kirby's really dead or MK really kicked the bucket and wasn't the dismemberer? Somehow I just can't see these two theories coexisting.

Just imagine the following dialogue after Luigi and pals arrived at the ol' towers of sweet white ivory and met Ganon:

Luigi: "Ganon, I know the truth. You've got-a Peach. And the butcherer's working with you."
Ganon: "My, my. Not in the dark anymore, 'eh? But I don't think you've still found out the answer for our number one question: Who is this mysterious figure who has been spreading terror around the kingdom for these past few days? Who is this sinister killer?"
Luigi: "Tell me! Is it the End Of Days? Is it a-you? Is it a Kirby?"
Mario: "Kirby's a-dead, Luigi!"
Luigi: "Dead? He's a-dead?"
Ganon: "That's what you think, isn't it? He's actually quite alive. You see, the burned, charred corpse you saw was actually no other than the one who guarded Kirby for all these years, Meta Knight..."
Mario: "Kirby! He's alive!? He's the butcher!"
Ganon: "Still haven't caught on, have we? Ironically, Kirby wasn't the one to murder these people this time. It was Meta Knight, who was corrupted by the one who he was guarding! And unless you lay down your weapons, surrender, and allow me to seize power, your sweet little Princess is never going to see the light of day again. With just one snap of my fingers, Meta Knight will demonstrate you how marvellous sight it is to see Peaches burning Twisted Evil ..."
Luigi: "But Meta Knight's a-dead..."
Ganon:"Oops! They didn't fall for it at all! pale But how could such a pair of plumbers figure it out so fast?"
Mario (punches the crap out of Ganon): "WE'RE NOT PLUMBERS!"
Ganon: "Ouch Sad !"

What does everyone else think of this: If MK's the butcher, does it really mean he survived instead of the pink puff ball? I'm not saying it's impossible he's the butcher and at the same time died instead of Kirby but having a dead butcher on the finale woul'd be kinda boring and less dramatic...

My opinion is that Kirby survived but instead of Kirby the butcher would be someone else like Lakitu, for example. Maybe he actually creates his own news stories to make 'em more interesting and profitable.

Or maybe it's actually PROFESSOR LAYTON (*gasp!*). After all, a true gentleman leaves no don alive Rolling Eyes ...

EDIT: @ Raya: What a wonderful theory. That kind of philosophical ending would certainly be an interesting one...

Olaf-Symbiote
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Asdioh on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:54 pm

I kind of doubt Raya's theory if for no other reason than the fact that Hyrule fell due to economic collapse... it just doesn't seem to fit with what's currently going on.

Unless Hyrule fell because the people playing Link kept collecting Rupees even though his wallet was full!

Oh, and imagine this: the burnt corpse of Kirby/Meta Knight is actually a WADDLE DEE/DOO!!!

It's probably not, but that would be hilarious.

Asdioh
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Asdioh wrote:I kind of doubt Raya's theory if for no other reason than the fact that Hyrule fell due to economic collapse... it just doesn't seem to fit with what's currently going on.
coin battles?

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rlabs on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Registered to post a few ideas before it comes out:

I think Kirby or Metaknight is the killer, though I'm not sure which is more likely. Kirby due to enjoying killing in the first place, Metaknight due to being driven crazy by Kirby's Hannibal Lectures. What I'm almost sure of, however, is that Zelda and Ganondorf aren't in communication with the killer at all. In Episode 8, the Ice Climbers appeared to have killed Yoshi, but they botched the job; if they were the killers, they wouldn't have left the head because the body without its head is useless for making a trophy. I think that the Ice Climbers, working under Zelda and Ganondorf, were trying to replicate the killer's style to mislead the heroes. The best way to hammer this in would be to have Kirby or Metaknight kill Zelda or Ganondorf as the heroes are about to fight them. My guess is that Zelda gets killed in this way, while Ganondorf is defeated by the heroes in the big fight scene. I don't think Wario or Olimar are going to play a villainous part in the episode; Wario seemed to be in over his head in 9, while Olimar seems powerless with his cult destroyed. The Smash Ball may make a reappearance, but I doubt it.

As for the heroes: I think that if anyone dies, it will be Samus. Something to consider, in the most recent interviews, Samus wasn't interviewed in costume, while Mario, Luigi, and Wario were; this could be because she was dead in the final scene.

rlabs
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darklink42 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm actually beginning to think that there is no butcher at all. The only thing that makes sense to me, assuming it';s none of the characters we've seen so far or tons of GWs tearing everybody up, is that the whole butcher thing was a clever maneuver by whoever is pulling the strings to get Mario and the rest of the kingdom to do as they wanted.

So for me, the question now seems to be not so much "who is the body dismemberer?", and more "who is the one pulling all the strings?"

Think about it. Mario himself admits that Kirby put the fear of unavoidable, gruesome death into the hearts and minds of most of the kingdom. And there are few better ways to manipulate tons of people than through fear. Sure, someone had to actually have killed the dons, Roy, and Pichu. But it might not have been the same person. As Kirby puts it, "you have to understand why he kills." What better motivation than because of some political or social gain.

Unfortunately, it leads to a lot of new questions that also remain unanswered, such as what the mastermind behind it hopes to achieve. And why play Ganondorf, Zelda, and Wario so willingly against those they love? Whoever it is, I think that it's going to end up being someone that has no one and nothing to protect. All of the good guys seem to have something they want to fight for, and all the bad guys seem to have something that they want to take. Only someone who has neither can really be able to get all of them to do as he wanted without them knowing.

But here's another thought that hasn't come up yet. Do you think the fighting wire frames will make an appearance?

darklink42
Toad Thug

View user profile http://darklink42.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashinator on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:37 pm

I doubt it, for starters they are no longer wire frames in brawl. But the empty spots on the cast page does make me wonder Shocked

Smashinator
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SmashEd44 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:39 pm

It's probably for people like Mentok who were forum members who played backup for the final episode. Plus, I don't think the actor for Rosalina has been credited yet, so there's always that.

SmashEd44
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashinator on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:41 pm

Ah ok, that makes sense.

I got a little worried ages ago when Ike wasnt on there. Made me wonder if it was just an oversight or whether it meant something. I'm probably overthinking it Very Happy

Smashinator
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryssa on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Shocked
Wow, I'm totally not on the cast page. Hahaha.

Maryssa
Rosalina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:26 pm

Maryssa wrote:Shocked
Wow, I'm totally not on the cast page. Hahaha.

I KNEW IT. YOU'RE AN IMPOSTER.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:23 am

Matti wrote:I think that Raya's theory is the most sophisticated so far. And I do agree that it is also very plausible for Z&M to pull that one off.

But I'll never be able to make up my mind about the best theory. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
I support this theory, and the mewtwo theory, and the metaknight theory, and the Tabuu theory... wait.. silent

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:29 am

NOT TABUU!!!!! aghhhhhh XD

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:46 am

I really like the Mewtwo theory.

All they found was a pokeball filled with organs.
They don't know yet if those organs belong to Mewtwo.

Annnddd.... I never trusted Mewtwo. He's too shifty-eyed...

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SmashEd44 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:36 am

At this point, I think it's either Meta Knight or the Mewtwo Theory.

The one thing that bugs me though is that I KNOW the Ice Climbers are involved somehow. And I have a sneaking suspicion that Marth is as well.

Aargh, I'll just give my speculating brain a rest and just wait for the eppy.

SmashEd44
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Olaf-Symbiote on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:42 pm

I know I already mentioned this before but now I'm seriously considering Lakitu to be the butcher. Evil news casters for the win! I'm not that serious about it but for some reason I'd love to see such a comic character to be the main villain. Maybe it's just 'cause I want to see more of him, as he's one of my fav characters on the show (I'm serious!).

But what if they'll have the butcher be someone so surprising that not even one soul on the forums has even suggested him to be the culprit? I dunno if there are characters like that left on the show unless it's someone who hasn't debuted yet, like Mr. Resetti or Samurai Goroh.

Oh yeah, imagine a Samurai Goroh vs Captain Falcon match or Falcon vs Goroh vs Ganon affraid ! I WANNA WITNESS THAT EPICNESS!

Olaf-Symbiote
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:41 pm

The body dismemberer is Santa, how else would you work off the stress of trying to dechipher kids christmas wish cards all year round? Not to mention the streak of rage one would feel when a child pee's on your lap while telling you what they want. This makes a lot of plausible sense actually Razz

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grendel on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:27 pm

Mentioned this somewhere else, but the Disemboweler is Daisy. Totally Daisy. But Daisy is wearing Peach's skin, who's already been gutted. Daisy got sick of being that "other princess," so she replaced Peach and has kidnapped herself to live out one of the classic save-me-Mario scenarios.

Bazinga.

Grendel
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilwarin on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Except Kirby admitted to killing Daisy and wearing her skin in public. Luigi still has nightmares about it.

Somehow, I don't think Daisy's still alive.

Wilwarin
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grendel on Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Drat. You're right. Shocked

Grendel
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Wilwarin wrote:Except Kirby admitted to killing Daisy and wearing her skin in public. Luigi still has nightmares about it.

Nooo.... See, Daisy killed KIRBY then wore HIS skin.

She's a very good actress. Also quite deliciously insane.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:13 pm

Wilwarin wrote:Except Kirby admitted to killing Daisy and wearing her skin in public. Luigi still has nightmares about it.

could've sworn he just wore her head like a hat... not her skin

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:05 am

lonewolf wrote:

could've sworn he just wore her head like a hat... not her skin
Mis-direction.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 pm

I believe it is the End of Days.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Who is the Body Dismemberer?"

Post  Enigma on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:44 pm

Raya wrote:Although I'm swinging round to the Mewtwo theory (and still clinging on to the idea it might be someone at Nintendo), I'm starting to wonder if it might be a little more...metaphysical. Perhaps the butcher is us, the players?

The towers lit up when Kirby arrived, and the downward spiral began. This could very well be an analogy for the players' attentions; literally the power light has come on. Calling them ivory towers has many meanings; it's the place of the elite who are above the masses, unseeing or uncaring of their plight. It's also a pun on the appearance of the Wii.

Who's been there since the beginning? We have. We've followed this whole sordid mess, watched the kingdom fall into decline and anarchy. Why are the killings continuing? Because we want them to. We want the mystery, we want the chaos, we want our heroes to emerge. Perhaps we want to remake the kingdom. Perhaps we just want it to burn. Either way, we're there watching it through voyeuristic eyes. We don't care about the repercussions because hey, they're just fictional characters, right?

Admittedly this is a pretty way-out theory, and chances are it isn't true. But still, I can't help but suspect Zach and Matt would pull this sort of ultimate mindfuck, where the characters discover they're being 'played' in more than one sense, and to make us sit back in suprise and self-revulsion. NO JOHN YOU ARE THE DEMONS indeed.

A very compeling argument and a unique idea of breaking the fourth wall. And quite frankly its by your idea I have found another good possibility and it is on the grounds of that the Dismemberer is human.What if the one controlling all of this was in fact the one man with all the power in nintendo. Its possible that the Dismemberer is none other than the current president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata.
In the Ivory tower(Wii) is the butcher's lair, he takes the original characters of video games and discards the "insides" of a character in order to use their outside appearance for other games (That mario soccer abomination as an example). Why have all the chaos go on in mushroom kingdom? because it would be a good idea for a video game.
It makes sense a bit but way too many flaws and to be frank I would be very shocked if they went with that direction. I'm more for my theory of metaknight.

Enigma
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fenrir vii on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:29 am

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this... and I can't believe I never thought about it before, but episode 7 might have another huge clue.

After all the jail cells open and kirby is freed, Luigi rushes out to meet up with Samus, Red, Pit, etc, then goes to see Mario and Yoshi fighting Link and Sheik.

At 13:57, you see a Game & Watch go behind Link, on the other side of the bars while another person runs the opposite way. I can't be sure of the direction as there are too many camera angle switches in that sequence, but the person running away would lead me to believe the G&W is heading deeper into the jail... possibly to Kirby's holding area. This could easily be how the puffball got toasted, once you realize that G&W is on the wrong team.

In that scene, G&W isn't holding anything, and mario still has the fire flower, but also, GW does have a torch attack that could be responsible for the burning..

Anyways, just another observation.

fenrir vii
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:23 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top