Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm

Well topic, we've had a good run, but... it's time for you to rest. But let this serve as a reminder, that we were all horribly, horribly raped in the brain. Gangraped. In the brain.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:53 pm

I think my nose started to bleed along with Ganon's when the butcher was revealed.
me have bwain dammage

...
I thought I was so close. We all thought we were so close. Zach Grafton, you are a frickin' brilliant writer. No one could have guessed this, but it still made perfect sense. There were clues everywhere, but shit, we missed them.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Minds were fucked. Bricks were shat.

Ness and Lucas? I never suspected. Out of all the crackpot theories...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5868
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Gensokyo

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Magypsy on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:22 pm

When Ganon said "And like their grandfather, they kill to feed their hunger....", Was he referring to Giegue/Giygas?

Magypsy
Toad Thug

Posts : 37
Join date : 2009-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:23 pm

Kirby

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Zentropy on Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:32 pm

I literally just finished Mother 3 last night. Well, I stayed up 'til sunrise because I knew I was nearing the end and couldn't bring myself to stop. I think I'll spoiler tag this twice, just in case:

The following spoilers only describe the plot and themes of Mother 3, though not the actual events. But just to be safe:

Spoiler:
That was a dark game. Seeing Lucas as one of the butchers meant so much more to me after I finished the game.

The following spoilers describe THE EVENTS AND ENDING OF EARTHBOUND/MOTHER 2 AND MOTHER 3, SO READ AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Spoiler:
I was hoping there would be some mention of the Lucas' past after I saw him as part of the butchering team, since it would fit so nicely. I mean, having your mother die, then fight your long-lost brother, then letting him beat the tar out of you after realizing he's your long-lost brother, then watching him die could have done some serious damage to one's head. But I suppose they couldn't go into that without going into Ness' story too, which is sunshine and rainbows in comparison. Yes, I know Giygas was a disturbing villain by himself/itself, but Mother 3's themes were awful. That chapter with the hallucinogenic mushrooms was pretty disturbing (albeit hilarious), so I understand why Nintendo can't port/release it in the US without editing the hell out of it.

Actually, maybe they could have mentioned it in passing: "This one was already damaged beyond repair, but our baseball-playing friend here needed a little convincing."

Oh well, too late to change anything and it's not a big deal. Definitely more than satisfied the way things are now.

But all in all, the episode (the following aren't spoilers for anything)

Spoiler:
BLEW MY MIND

Zentropy
Riff Raff

Posts : 24
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 26
Location : Ontario, Caanda

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Shy Guy Red on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:There were clues everywhere, but shit, we missed them.

There were?

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Wilwarin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:35 pm

This is a really bizarre coincidence. I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something.

In mid-December, just before bed, I'd been reading the forums while eating half a bag of BBQ potato chips (crisps, for those of you in the UK). That night, I had a really bizarre nightmare... It was the 10th episode of TWBB. Somehow, I had been invited to the Brawl set and was allowed to watch some of the filming.

Luigi is running through the Nintendo Towers, and he comes across this storage room, littered with crates and boxes. He hears Kirby's voice from across the room and cautiously walks in. Luigi comes across a horrific sight: Kirby has taken Peach captive, and has already started to dismember her... starting with her face. The skin is laying on the floor next to her, and her remaining face is a crusted-over, disfigured mess. There was some dialogue that I don't remember too well (basic Kirby taunts with Peach begging Luigi for help), but there was some kind of effect that when Peach talked, the mouth of the disembodied skin would move, too. Even though it was a set with actors and it was a special effect, it still creeped the hell out of me.

Looking back now, I probably should have taken that as some kind of hint...

Although, to counter that point, I had another dream the next night where I was on the Brawl set, just hanging out with the cast and crew. Justin and Gavin, while in their Pit and Marth costumes, were all over each other. ^^ It was awesome.

Wilwarin
Hyrulean Vagabond

Posts : 74
Join date : 2009-08-04
Age : 32
Location : Nebraska, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Falsetto on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:46 pm

Zentropy wrote:
Spoiler:
so I understand why Nintendo can't port/release it in the US without editing the hell out of it.

Keeping that in Spoilers, although it's not spoilerific.

To answer your question: It's not the content of the game why Nintendo isn't releasing Mother 3 (or Earthbound on VC for that matter) in the West, but mainly copyright issues.
The games a have a shitload of references and use copyrighted music. While that is no big deal in Japan because of their different copyright laws, it would be far too dangerous for Nintendo to release those games in the States or Europe without making millions, if not billions, of loss because of the huge Copyright Lawyer industry here.

Hope that cleared it up for you.

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:44 am

Shy Guy Red wrote:
Spontaneous Combustion wrote:There were clues everywhere, but shit, we missed them.

There were?
-The Word: Children. Used very often since episode 1.
-Mewtwo's orphanage.
-Samus only heard Dedede getting hit in the head, with no slicing sounds. Ness teleported them both in, got a SMAAAAAAAAAAASH hit with the baseball and let Lucas rip D inside out.
-"They are up there alright. They are up there watching. They get into your head."
-Ness and Lucas playing around in the immigrant area. Suspicious, much?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Shy Guy Red on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:34 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Shy Guy Red wrote:
Spontaneous Combustion wrote:There were clues everywhere, but shit, we missed them.

There were?
-The Word: Children. Used very often since episode 1.
-Mewtwo's orphanage.
-Samus only heard Dedede getting hit in the head, with no slicing sounds. Ness teleported them both in, got a SMAAAAAAAAAAASH hit with the baseball and let Lucas rip D inside out.
-"They are up there alright. They are up there watching. They get into your head."
-Ness and Lucas playing around in the immigrant area. Suspicious, much?

A couple things:

The whole children thing isn't that good of a reason since it really doesn't help to reveal it being them, it was something used to make the revealing just a whole lot more ironic and something no one would see coming. Also we had other children characters like Jill and Diddy possibly and Leaf, so it didn't really narrow it down to only them if it was a reason.

Wasn't Mewtwo's orphanage only for Pokemon, like Red said in episode 6?

I don't think the blunt trauma thing is much of a reason, yes Ness has a baseball bat so it makes him more likely, but there are tons of other characters it could've been, Ice Climbers, Link could have the megaton hammer or something, Meta could've just hit him with the back of his sword as would Pit and Marth, Kirby has a hammer in SSBB, so given the circumstances that didn't really lower the possibilities of who it could be at all, nor is it a good reason to hint at them since it could be so many other characters.

What's that quote from?

The last one is the only one that yah, I think was a good reason and one that we should've noticed, since it was also Mewtwo's old area.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:48 am

Shy Guy Red wrote:
A couple things:

The whole children thing isn't that good of a reason since it really doesn't help to reveal it being them, it was something used to make the revealing just a whole lot more ironic and something no one would see coming. Also we had other children characters like Jill and Diddy possibly and Leaf, so it didn't really narrow it down to only them if it was a reason.

Wasn't Mewtwo's orphanage only for Pokemon, like Red said in episode 6?

I don't think the blunt trauma thing is much of a reason, yes Ness has a baseball bat so it makes him more likely, but there are tons of other characters it could've been, Ice Climbers, Link could have the megaton hammer or something, Meta could've just hit him with the back of his sword as would Pit and Marth, Kirby has a hammer in SSBB, so given the circumstances that didn't really lower the possibilities of who it could be at all, nor is it a good reason to hint at them since it could be so many other characters.

What's that quote from?

The last one is the only one that yah, I think was a good reason and one that we should've noticed, since it was also Mewtwo's old area.
I believe the "children" thing was intended to be like Arc Words. Ever watched Doctor Who, especially the new series? They love to do that.
Also, Jill and Leaf were pretty clearly adult versions of those characters.

Also, the orphanage was for "underpriviledged orphans". I recall Lakitu said that.

Of course, the blunt trauma could have been caused by, for instance, Dedede's own hammer, but remember: Link said that Samus only heard the sound of Dedede's skull getting fractured. She never heard any slicing sounds, because Lucas ripped the guts out with telekinesis, just like he did to Pit's wings.

The quote is from episode 8, Snake said it.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Falsetto on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 am

I don't know, I think that the actual suspicions were thrown down by the environment here on the forums, rather than the actual films.

Zach said that every character would appear, and, if I remember correctly, that he disliked working with children, if I recall correctly. I also want to remind you that we saw a few characters only play a minimal role in TWBB, such as R.O.B., who only was in Olimar's possession and didn't really do anything other than being a cult artifact. Sonic and Snake who just were 2 hobos. And of course Game & Watch before Episode 9, who only appeared as cameo-ish character in form of a cab driver and at the bar in Tingle's club. So it was our outside informations from Zach and our discussions that made the Mother boys look innocent.

Lucas and Ness appeared in that one scene where they played ball and reminded Luigi of his statement about how he would continue to fight as long as there is one child left. So the assumptions were that it would stay with that one scene. While I remember there being people wondering why the 2 boys play in an alley at night, I think it was shrugged off because everyone thought that it was just the only time they would appear.

Of course, there were hints and small tidbits of information, but they were so disconnected from each other that connecting them would've been difficult, especially with the information we got from Zach himself - albeit I'm sure that he intentionally was just saying that he disliked working with children, which doesn't rule out children still being worked with. Along that it might've been a small lie just to fool us even more.

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 100
Join date : 2009-11-01
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  JonnyJinx on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:43 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:I believe the "children" thing was intended to be like Arc Words. Ever watched Doctor Who, especially the new series? They love to do that.
Also, Jill and Leaf were pretty clearly adult versions of those characters.

Also, the orphanage was for "underpriviledged orphans". I recall Lakitu said that.

Of course, the blunt trauma could have been caused by, for instance, Dedede's own hammer, but remember: Link said that Samus only heard the sound of Dedede's skull getting fractured. She never heard any slicing sounds, because Lucas ripped the guts out with telekinesis, just like he did to Pit's wings.

The quote is from episode 8, Snake said it.

You hit the nail on the head... or the baseball bat on the head.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Cyrannus on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:53 am

I feel I should quote myself from the other thread...

Oh, and one more thing.

I have only skimmed over certain things so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

But in episode 8, listen to Fox talking to Mario again, right before they go see Olimar.

He uses the phrase "Cannibal's progeny".

Kirby is the Cannibal. Who is Kirby's progeny?

Apparently I was working on the right track, but I could not have guessed what happened.

It was not Kirby's progeny in the sense that they were HIS children, but progeny in the sense that they were, literally, children.

Cyrannus
Riff Raff

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-10-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Shy Guy Red on Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:35 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
I believe the "children" thing was intended to be like Arc Words. Ever watched Doctor Who, especially the new series? They love to do that.
Also, Jill and Leaf were pretty clearly adult versions of those characters.

Also, the orphanage was for "underpriviledged orphans". I recall Lakitu said that.

Of course, the blunt trauma could have been caused by, for instance, Dedede's own hammer, but remember: Link said that Samus only heard the sound of Dedede's skull getting fractured. She never heard any slicing sounds, because Lucas ripped the guts out with telekinesis, just like he did to Pit's wings.

The quote is from episode 8, Snake said it.

I've actually never seen Doctor Who, but JonnyJinx has explained to me what it and arc words are, and I agree that it is a lot like an arc word.

Hm, I see what you're saying, just wish they had said it wasn't only for Pokemon or something in an episode.

OOOOoooooooh, I gotcha, so as in no one would have sliced the corpse to open it and rip out the guts, ah yah that it pretty tricky of them to lay that in there, to get all the guts out from that 1 spot in his skull and do it quickly would take like super natural powers.

How do we do that Snake knew who the butchers were and was talking about them?

This conversation is making me like Ness and Lucas more being the butcher. Razz

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:22 pm

then if they did rip out the guts through the skull those detectives did a bad job lol
the way the skull fractures would have been rather evident =P (as in pushed in or out)

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3457
Join date : 2009-07-29
Age : 24
Location : Illinois

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  DiabloStrawhat on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Showing our Butcher Buddies playing in the alley was a misguider. Since we saw them already, we marked them off the list as possible suspects. But it was such a small role. And of course, there IS no small roles. They tricked us into crossing Ness and Lucas off our list, and we fell for it. Genius Very Happy

DiabloStrawhat
Riff Raff

Posts : 9
Join date : 2009-11-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  The Meta Knight on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Shy Guy Red wrote:
Spontaneous Combustion wrote:There were clues everywhere, but shit, we missed them.

There were?
-The Word: Children. Used very often since episode 1.
-Mewtwo's orphanage.
-Samus only heard Dedede getting hit in the head, with no slicing sounds. Ness teleported them both in, got a SMAAAAAAAAAAASH hit with the baseball and let Lucas rip D inside out.
-"They are up there alright. They are up there watching. They get into your head."
-Ness and Lucas playing around in the immigrant area. Suspicious, much?
You forget. "Blunt force trauma to the head" in Dedede's autopsy report, Ness's baseball bat. Bowser talks about "where the venom works"... Lucas has a snake.

As for Kirby being behind it all...
Spoiler:
It was asked and revealed at MAGfest that Ganon WAS behind it all... until Episode 5 or so. Zach and Matt thought it would be way too obvious by that point if Ganon was the killer and the puller of strings, so they added Kirby, Lucas, and Ness.

So really, when we look for clues for Kirby being behind it all in addition to Lucas and Ness being the killers, we have to start looking after Episode 4.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

Posts : 506
Join date : 2008-11-19
Age : 28
Location : If you build it...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 pm

It seems like Episode 8 was, clue-wise, the most useful episode. Firstly it reminded us of the alleyway and the fact it was Mewtwo's old turf, so we can connect that to Ness and Lucas via Episode 4. Fox mentions the "cannibal's progeny", which implies children and there's also the "They get into your head." line. SC worked out how Mewtwo could've been connected, so I think if we had a bit more time, we could've considered the facts that he has an orphanage, him, Ness and Lucas are all psychic, the fact that "children" is an often used words, the word "progeny" is used to actually describe the killer himself by Fox. There's also the fact Ness and Lucas fit the physical description better, being able to cause blunt force trauma and being able to teleport away. So yeah... we MIGHT have put all that together with what SC worked out about Mewtwo, with a bit more time... maybe. Razz

So, yeah, as was rightly said, the clues WERE there, we just didn't see them.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:20 pm

JonnyJinx wrote: So yeah... we MIGHT have put all that together with what SC worked out about Mewtwo, with a bit more time... maybe. Razz

Ha, weren't we complaining (A bit unfairly) that it was taking forever?

But yeah, I get your point.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 am

The Meta Knight wrote:
Bowser talks about "where the venom works"... Lucas has a snake.
Yes, of course. How did I miss this, I wonder.

Also, could Olimar's insanity have been caused by the kids? Maybe they mind raped him even worse than they did to Luigi, resulting in Olimar becoming totally fucked up.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2075
Join date : 2009-02-05
Age : 23
Location : Finland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  JonnyJinx on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:25 am

Meh, I just thought the G&Ws poisoned Bowser using a liquid made from white pikmin venom. They had a bottle afterall, and the Rope Snake has never really been said to be poisonous in either Mother 3 or There Will Be Brawl.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:46 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:Meh, I just thought the G&Ws poisoned Bowser using a liquid made from white pikmin venom. They had a bottle afterall, and the Rope Snake has never really been said to be poisonous in either Mother 3 or There Will Be Brawl.
In TWBB, that stops being a rope snake. That's a flippin' cobra in Lucas' hands...

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 193
Join date : 2009-07-25
Age : 26
Location : Go between Boston and Miami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 am


xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 2891
Join date : 2008-10-14
Age : 20
Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who is the Body Dismemberer? *Spoilers?*

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:14 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum