SSBB Character Revisions

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SSBB Character Revisions

Post  Shy Guy Red on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:45 am

I would like to see Link use one of his items from TP; spinner, ball and chain, double clawshot, dominion rod, etc.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Shy Guy Red wrote:I would like to see Link use one of his items from TP; spinner, ball and chain, double clawshot, dominion rod, etc.

He does use the gale boomerang though. Personally, I think Toon Link should have that. Then Link could have the ball and chain. Man, that could really do some smashing. Probably a little to much though.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Joseppi wrote:
Shy Guy Red wrote:I would like to see Link use one of his items from TP; spinner, ball and chain, double clawshot, dominion rod, etc.

He does use the gale boomerang though. Personally, I think Toon Link should have that. Then Link could have the ball and chain. Man, that could really do some smashing. Probably a little to much though.

Ah, true, although I think that Link should have the TP items and Toon Link can have say some PH or ST items, maybe the whip or blowing fan or hammer or something.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:05 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Sonic has the same thing wired into every button!

Proof that he is broken. I challenge my friends who are better than me. They beat me pretty bad. Then I choose Sonic and open a can of -You can;t hit me back cause you are constantly getting knocked back and I can just run away and roll into a ball- whoopass

You're awful.

It had to be said.

If you're losing with a top tier char like snake, but win with sonic? Yeah. You're awful, and your friends are awful. Get better and then come back with a better knowledge of the game. Sonic is one of the worst characters in the game. All his moves being wired into one button is what ruins him. As soon as you figure out how to stop one, you've figured out how to stop them all.

*Edit* Oh yeah, and I want these two things for Link. A better recovery, oh god does he need a better recovery. And give me the ability to grapple walls ala melee.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:55 pm

I can only say, why is MK so strong? It makes no sense to me, he's a tiny little puff ball.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Iliad wrote:You're awful.

It had to be said.

If you're losing with a top tier char like snake, but win with sonic? Yeah. You're awful, and your friends are awful. Get better and then come back with a better knowledge of the game. Sonic is one of the worst characters in the game. All his moves being wired into one button is what ruins him. As soon as you figure out how to stop one, you've figured out how to stop them all.
This is the truth, if you're a tourneyfag. Watch and learn, kids.

You know, he might just be better with Sonic. Some people don't give a rat's ass about tiers(which don't exist in games like brawl btw) and just focus on individual skill with certain characters.

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm

Matti wrote:

It had to be said.

You know, he might just be better with Sonic. Some people don't give a rat's ass about tiers(which don't exist in games like brawl btw) and just focus on individual skill with certain characters.

Tiers are for queers. I really am no good with sonic. But it seems he has the same move for every button. He rolls into a ball. Really? Snake is so imaginative. And is it just me or is Ike really.... too strong?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:07 pm

Yeah, I think I mentioned earlier that Ike should've been slightly weaker and equally faster.

And Snake is really hard to play. The only person I've ever met who's ever been any good was my bro, but he's fucking inhuman.

Addendum: Sonic really disappointed me, but given the kind of moves he has in his games, I think they did the best they could.

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Matti wrote:

It had to be said.

omg troll fight

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:36 pm

Yep. Tiers don't exist. You know, the people who make thousands of dollars playing the game professionally and make up the BBR (Brawl Back Room), you know the ones who know the most about the characters and their current metagame?

They totally wouldn't know what they're talking about.

yo matti, i hurd u laik mudkipz

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:41 pm

Iliad wrote:Yep. Tiers don't exist. You know, the people who make thousands of dollars playing the game professionally and make up the BBR (Brawl Back Room), you know the ones who know the most about the characters and their current metagame?

They totally wouldn't know what they're talking about.

yo matti, i hurd u laik mudkipz
wat a coinky dink, i herd u liek penis

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:45 pm

One thing I learned about brawl, especially after divulging so much time into SF4 and other fighters, is that as deep as you can try to make the game, it just isn't. Melee was a far greater game when it came to tournaments. Brawl + does do the game some justice, but it won't be accepted as a tournament acceptable medium to play which sucks.

I used to go to every tournament hosted in Northern California for Brawl. I repped Luigi and learned a lot about how to use him from Meep and others. I was in love with the game and tried to show just how amazing and "deep" the game was, but when I found SF4, I was really enlightened on how it wasn't.

Where am I going with all of this? Who gives a shit about tiers and the meta game with Brawl? It is a game meant purely for fun, and that is really how it should be viewed as. So what if someone can't rep it with one character and for some reason can with a lower tiered one? He is having fun with the game, and in the end, that is what matters. This game was meant as a game played for fun, and that is how it should be.

It is also really funny reading tourny player posts *no offense meant what so ever* They take the game so seriously. Reminds me of when I used to do the same.

That said, seriously, the hit boxes.

What the fuck?

:p

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 pm

Arek The Absolute wrote:One thing I learned about brawl, especially after divulging so much time into SF4 and other fighters, is that as deep as you can try to make the game, it just isn't. Melee was a far greater game when it came to tournaments. Brawl + does do the game some justice, but it won't be accepted as a tournament acceptable medium to play which sucks.

I used to go to every tournament hosted in Northern California for Brawl. I repped Luigi and learned a lot about how to use him from Meep and others. I was in love with the game and tried to show just how amazing and "deep" the game was, but when I found SF4, I was really enlightened on how it wasn't.

Where am I going with all of this? Who gives a shit about tiers and the meta game with Brawl? It is a game meant purely for fun, and that is really how it should be viewed as. So what if someone can't rep it with one character and for some reason can with a lower tiered one? He is having fun with the game, and in the end, that is what matters. This game was meant as a game played for fun, and that is how it should be.

It is also really funny reading tourny player posts *no offense meant what so ever* They take the game so seriously. Reminds me of when I used to do the same.

What the fuck?

And this is why you shouldn't talk. I won't make a length post but I will say this. No combos due to lack of a lasting hitstun in brawl does not make it a "fun only" game and cancels out any competitive edge. It makes mindgames and intelligent play utterly prevalent. It makes Brawl chess, and Melee / SFIV checkers.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Arek The Absolute wrote:Who gives a shit about tiers and the meta game with Brawl? It is a game meant purely for fun, and that is really how it should be viewed as. So what if someone can't rep it with one character and for some reason can with a lower tiered one? He is having fun with the game, and in the end, that is what matters. This game was meant as a game played for fun, and that is how it should be.
This.

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Iliad wrote:
Arek The Absolute wrote:One thing I learned about brawl, especially after divulging so much time into SF4 and other fighters, is that as deep as you can try to make the game, it just isn't. Melee was a far greater game when it came to tournaments. Brawl + does do the game some justice, but it won't be accepted as a tournament acceptable medium to play which sucks.

What the fuck?

And this is why you shouldn't talk. I won't make a length post but I will say this. No combos due to lack of a lasting hitstun in brawl does not make it a "fun only" game and cancels out any competitive edge. It makes mindgames and intelligent play utterly prevalent. It makes Brawl chess, and Melee / SFIV checkers.

I sense faggotry in the force.

Okay, yes, brawl does require intelligent play, but only because that is all there is to it. There are not a lot of technical things in the game to allow it to have anything but "intelligent play." So what? ANY GAME can be that way. That is really grasping at straws there, buddy.

To say that Brawl is chess over any capcom game, shit almost any 2d fighter really, is hilarious. That is nothing but an elitist approach. It is one thing to acknowledge a game to have the need for you to play intelligently, but it is another to be utterly ignorant about how another plays and to be so bias to put your game above it without knowing what the shit you are talking about.

Last edited by Arek The Absolute on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Stop arguing tourneyfags and casualfags.

Just accept some people prefer to play a game in a different way than others and get along with each other. =o

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Add in Geno.

And change character move sets. Fox, Falco, and Wolf shouldn't be nearly exactly the same. Same goes for Ganon and Captain Falcon.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:24 am

Yeah. You see, there are some similarities that I think it's ok for the Star Fox team (therefore not Wolf) to have, like both using the Reflector and having Blasters... since they're in the same team, it's only normal they'd have the same equipment... But everything else should really be as different as possible.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Falsetto on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:46 am

Avalanche91 wrote:Nintendo adds characters trough DLC next generation. [...] SFIV does it

What? This is news to me? DLC character on my SFIV? =O
I only know of DLC costumes...

Also, the Wii can't have DLC that isn't already put on the game (example: Protoman was already in Megaman 9's data, it just had to be unlocked!!) because of the Wii's operating system, which prohibits DLC.
\o/

Outlaw wrote:And change character move sets. Fox, Falco, and Wolf shouldn't be nearly exactly the same. Same goes for Ganon and Captain Falcon.

I think that you should rule Wolf out of this, and add in, say, Link and Toon Link.

Wolf is actually an extremely different character in comparison to the Star Fox guys. Of course, if you only look at the Special Moves, it's pretty similar except for the visuals, but Wolf's normal moves are completely different, while Fox and Falco share a few moves (Up Smash, for instance).
Although I would argue that the characters who were clones in Melee most likely were intended to stay like that, mainly for those people who switch from Melee to Brawl, so that they don't find their character to be the exact opposite of what they were used to in Melee. I would say that's the reason why the former clone characters who were brought into Brawl kept their old movesets, just with a few more tweaks, such as Falco tossing his Reflector and a few move changes.

Also, Falco was supposed to recieve an Arwing as Final Smash. I've seen a video of moveset swap hacks, and when Diddy got Falco's moveset and summoned the Final Smash, he wouldn't get the Landmaster, but an unfinished Arwing.

Just judging by all the glitches, bugs and errors this game has, I would say that it's basically just an unfinished version. Like a Beta. There's things that should've been fixed, and a lot of things that should've been added (even Sakurai himself said so), but due to the time constraints and the unpatient fans sending Nintendo death threats, they had to finish up quickly and left a few things out, such as the huge hitboxes of Snake's moves. Have you seen the videos showing those hitbubbles of Snake's moves? The Forward Attack (not Smash, you know, where he kicks his knee, that move that has I think 2 parts to it? Yeah, that one...) has a loooooong horizontal hitbox, and comparing it to Snake's body, it looks like it was supposed to be an actual kick, not a hit with his knee. They made it the knee-hit, though, but left the kick hitbox. It's stuff like that~.

What I would fix with Brawl? Well... except for Tripping, which was put in intentionally, getting removed, I would love to see a finished Smash-game in which all content that was supposed to be in is in and all bugs and glitches are fixed. Other than that, there's not much I would change.

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 am

yeah heard they be adding street fighter 4 characters trough DLC. google it, Im not fully sure and lazy :p

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:10 am

Falsetto wrote:Wolf is actually an extremely different character in comparison to the Star Fox guys. Of course, if you only look at the Special Moves, it's pretty similar except for the visuals, but Wolf's normal moves are completely different, while Fox and Falco share a few moves (Up Smash, for instance).

Up-air, dash attack, down smash, all specials excluding the down-B. Forward tilt and dtilt.

But you're right, Link and Toonlink are far more cloney, and shouldn't be.

Fsmash, jab, up air, all specials, dash attack, ftilt, utilt, dtilt. List goes on.

But what especially needs to be fixed is Gage / Cap Falcon. That ain't Kage. That bitch needs a sword.

Uair, bair, nair, fsmash, dsmash, all specials with the exception of side b. Why doesn't he have a sword?

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:28 am

Because it's up his ass. silent

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Falsetto on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Avalanche91 wrote:yeah heard they be adding street fighter 4 characters trough DLC. google it, Im not fully sure and lazy :p

No they won't.
Capcom is developing Super Street Fighter IV, though. The only thing that comes even remotely close to that is the whiny bitches complaining about how SSFIV will be a fully released game (though only half of a full retail price <_<) and not understanding that adding 10 new characters, new modes, music, stages, and re-balancing the game simply is too big for DLC and, not to mention, would cause compatibility issues with non-updated versions.

@Iliad: You mean Falco/Fox's same moves? Can be, I didn't really pay attention, I just play the game. C:

Also, I actually like Ganondorf not having a sword but only for a taunt. It's like he pulls it out to go at his opponent like "Hahaha, I can beat you with my bare fists, I don't need a sword for you weakling. See, I even can defeat you if I insert it into my ass".
It would also explain why Ganondorf has such awkward running and walking animations and seems so uptight in his movement.

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:07 pm

What is DLC?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down