Forum Rules and Guidelines (Updated 5 08 2012)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Rules and Guidelines (Updated 5 08 2012)

Post  Smashy B on Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:41 pm

From your friendly neighborhood moderators, we present to you a list of rules for the forums, since it doesn't have one in writing, aside from the one you viewed once when you registered to the forums. Most of these rules are basic and are meant to be more like guidelines. However, violations of these rules may result in either a simple warning, or a ban for severe/multiple violations. New/updated rules in yellow.

General Rules
  • The forums are not a chat rooms. Take conversations to PMs or some sort of Instant Messaging.
  • Don't be a troll, and by that I mean doing pretty much any of the following...
  • Don't flame, flamebait, or be offensive towards other members. Please be respectful. Things like blatant/ignorant use of words like "gay" and "retarded" are generally frowned upon.
  • Hateful/predjudice discussion will not be tolerated. This includes racism, sexism, but also extends to console/fandom hate, furries, or whatever. It's okay to have a stong opinion, it's okay to make it clear that you have a strong opinion, but it is not okay to perpetuate it if your opinion involves generalized hate towards a particular group
  • Try to keep the threads on topic. However, we know that it is normal for threads to go off topic.
  • Avoid spamming. Please reserve spammy and random posts for the designated threads.
  • Also, no content-free posts. No quotebox spamming. No quote pyramiding.
  • Posts that only contain an image or image macros are out. This falls under content free.
  • Avoid double posting. There is an edit button for a reason.
  • Please type properly so others can understand.
  • Swearing is okay, just not towards other members in a flaming manner.
  • No commercial advertising, keep advertising or links relevant to forum interests.
  • Have fun. This place isn't meant to be serious, but don't be ridiculously silly.

Miscellaneous Rules
  • Please do not request, share, or link to illegal wares, such as ROMs or MP3s in the forums. Posting or linking to any licensed software or patches for unlicensed copies of software is not tolerated. Freeware is acceptable.
  • Please mark spoilers with appropriate spoiler tags. Use at your discretion. This isn't necessary with TWBB episodes, but should be reserved for things like plot twists or maybe easter eggs in movies and video games. To create a spoiler tag:
    Code:
     [spoiler]Snape kills Dumbledore.[/spoiler]
  • If you have a quick question that can be quickly answered and won't bring up further discussion, please post it in an apporpriate thread (which there are a few of) instead of making a topic thread for it. It helps save on the clutter of threads.
  • No graphic content. A bit of adult humor is fine but nothing that you couldn't have on your computer screen at work. Any not safe for work (NSFW) links should contain a warning.

Registration Agreement
By clicking on the "I agree to the terms" button when you registered to the forums, you then agree to:
  • You acknowledge to have fully read these current rules;
  • You commit yourself to respect unreservedly these current rules;
  • You grant the moderators of this forum the right to delete, move or edit any discussion subject at any moment.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please PM an administrator or moderator. The moderation staff reserves the right to issue punishments and ammend these rules as they see fit.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Rules and Guidelines (Updated 5 08 2012)

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:07 am

I don't even know how I got in here.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top