"Epidsode 10" Discussion Thead... FINAL EPISODE AIRS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Epidsode 10" Discussion Thead... FINAL EPISODE AIRS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Herr Wozzeck on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 am

Oh, boy. The dismemberer partly threw me off. But, I guess I did a good guess with my rescoring project when I made Variation 7 of my theme and variations on Kirby's Dreamland really disturbing.

Spoiler:
Which, when you think about it, makes perfect sense given the context that they were under. Psychic soldiers... *shudders*

Awesome job, guys! Especially on the whole body horror bit at the end. (I did have to watch the big reveal twice, though, mostly because I missed some pretty important bits of information the first time around...)

Herr Wozzeck
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Drahken on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 am

Holy shit, what a way to start the year. Fantastic as always, and a huge thanks and congratulations to the cast and crew. You guys really are the best. I did not see that twist coming.

I thought it was funny that
Spoiler:
Ganon himself got "Hijacked By Ganon" by Kirby.

I'm a little confused about the importance of {that guy} being at the end? Does this imply that he was working with {that other guy}? (lulz. spoiler averted.)

Edit: Oh. someone posted a pretty good explanation while I was typing my message. Never mind me, move along.

Drahken
Riff Raff

View user profile http://drahkenkahn.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:26 am

AMAZING EPISODE! This was soooo worth the wait.

Spoiler:
I really didn't expect Peach to die. What I don't get is how Kirby survived. I hope this means we'll see a sequel one day. Although, it's really doubtful since they'll be auctioning everything off.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Narukari on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 am

I smell fanfics on the horizon.

Narukari
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:29 am

lets see....where to begin....

Loved the opening
Spoiler:
all the heroes and villains getting ready. Seeing how Zelda kinda regretted her actions, how Leaf got ready for vengeance. Its the little touches like spotting that 1 Kamek in the crowd, or noticing the doctors robe next to the cape that make this series so great. Opening was masterfully ended by a creepily grinning Ganondorf. Did anyone notice how much greener and more like Ganon he gotten? I swear, I thought he was gonna transform

and then

Spoiler:
BAM yoshi's head is a flag now Razz Telma carries D3's hammer, Fox got the blaster of Wolf and there will be brawl. Rosalina and Malon= very disgruntled. Wario more or less feels sorry and scared as well

BUT THEN

Spoiler:
Ganon makes out with Zelda. Link shoots Ganon with his bow and arrow and sword out of the first game if I'm correct. How does Tony do that? He delivers the cheesiest lines and gets away saying it like a bad-ass. "I'm at full health". And then Ganon's Side+B attack, killing the hero and the princes, still stealing one last kiss.

And then comes in

Spoiler:
Samus!! yay!! morphball mode, powersuit, awesome. Kinda harsh what happened to Pit though. Ganon remains awesome and threathning though. I lolled softly seeing King Hippo. Starpower bit dragged on a bit to long, but I lost counts how many grills mario broke. Loved how Nana decided to dual wield the hammers by knocking Popo out, and how Marth used both Falchion and Ragnell

And then

Spoiler:
Game and watches move a tad better synchronized with the real life guys now. Also, without much text, Leaf gives off a real scary presence. Only armed with a Jigglypuff who knows rest. Poor Wario. Lol at the random elite beat agent, or whoever that was Razz And then Shit gets real with Game and Watch going final smash and tentacle raping everyone. Nooes, Rosalina was my favorite ho. Mario pummels the sandbag till he gets another smashball, Fox goes down as I thought he would and Olimar gets his come-uppings. I can see why the editing team was busy so long though. great job.

Back in the tower

Spoiler:
Hall of trophies. awesome. How come Ness and Lucas are so bloody scary without any spoken word. Didn't like the idea of them being the butchers much, but seeing how they even drove Ganon mad. Loved Lucas's hair Razz and then Peach doll....All the voices of people Luigi loved. Peach doll creeps me the fuck out. Loved how Kirby made his entrance. Was pretty bad-ass how he took of his mask. Even made me think he really was Meta Knight. Aaaand there goes Ganon's head. shouldn't have been waving the triforce banner so proudly. The big green explosion was a big vague. combining a fire flower/green fire ball with a red pikmin? Finally seen Roy and Pichu as well. Ending with Kirby and Miyamoto was fun too

all in all, a eptacular final

Last edited by Avalanche91 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetts on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:32 am

I liked it when, after killing the last guy in star mode, he got the "one up" sound.

Fetts
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Silens on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah, so I'll leave my review in spoiler tags here, just not to spoil anything...

Spoiler:
About the season finale and the series in general, I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, it was well-designed and well-put together, and likely the biggest and most intricate work of fanfiction since Red vs. Blue. Probably the one I got the most involved in, and one I liked the most.

The identity of the butcher, I nearly made the complete connection with Mewtwo, but the truth was still pretty fucking mindblowing, if I do say so myself. A well put together mystery and a red herring to boot. Definitely worth the wait and puzzle-solving, if I do say so myself.

Other things I greatly liked were the development of Ganondorf's character (a character, I might add, remains my favourite in this entire series), the brawl scene and the intervention by the Game & Watch (which, again, was pretty fucking awesome), and the usage of great characters to convey some pretty interesting themes, IMO.

That being said, I do have criticisms, and I'll start with the fanboy ones: WHERE THE HELL WERE SNAKE AND SONIC IN THE FINAL BRAWL? WTF?!?!?!

Ahem... well, now that I've finished that, I'll move onto the genuine problems I had with the finale. Like a few of the other comments, I was a little disappointed by a few scenes - and scenes that were missing. There was no Marth/Ike hospital scene, something that I had expected and would have done a great deal in the end. And I would have liked to see Samus and Luigi hook up - that Luigi had found someone he could love after Daisy. I really wished I could have seen that, because it would have lent a bit of optimism for Luigi's future, something I would have liked to see.

Onto the technical complaints (and I really can't make many), the one thing that really stood out was the inconsistency of Ganondorf's makeup. It kind of tripped me out a few times that the colours never seemed consistent (or maybe it was just the light, I dunno).

As for the series as a whole... well, it was a phenomenal effort, I'll give you that. In all due honesty, though, I think the finale was released a bit too soon and without enough of the polish that it desperately needed, but I guess I can wait for the DVD to see that extra polish. Character-wise, you did a fantastic job with the main characters, not to mention fleshing out so many of the minor ones. My favourites still remain Ganondorf, Link and Samus, if only because they were incredibly well acted.

Surprisingly, my biggest issue with characters comes with Luigi, of all people, because he doesn't grow in the same way the other characters did. He's a static character, without the depth I had hoped for, and the great changes I was hoping would come in the finale, I lost some of my liking for him. Hell, MARIO had more personality development than Luigi, IMO.

Thematically, this story certainly pays a huge amount of tribute to its biggest inspiration: Silence of the Lambs. If examined thematically, TWBB is more like that film than the video game it was based on, which makes for a bit of an uncanny watching experience. If anything, that is one of the main reasons I found the ending of the story so... I would say lackluster, but it's not the right word, and nor is anti-climatic. This is the story that could have hugely benefited from a happier ending, if only because the Pyrrhic victory was already emphasized in Mario's brawl below. If anything, I would have preferred that Luigi saved Peach in the end, let her be with Mario (resolving his own feeling of loss towards Daisy), and gone with Samus. Sure, it might have been a bit of a cliche of an ending, but it would have worked with the actors you had. And if anything, you could have avoided the whole resumption of status quo thing, because Peach would have realized that things would need to be changed. You could have even kept the Kirby call at the end (which was fantastic, btw, the perfect ending).

I guess, just after a series rife with sadness and a depressing atmosphere, you would hope for a happier ending. If anything, this ending reminds me of the original Dickensian ending of Great Expectations, forced to be changed by popular demand in the long run to something a tad more optimistic. And that optimism... well, I didn't see it in the same way. So yeah, I wish Peach had been left alive (my only real complaint), but you did as you did, and I can understand it.

All in all, TWBB remains, IMO, one of the most interesting stories to analyze thematically and conceptually, probably (no offense) a bit more than it should be. One of the best works of fanfiction I've ever had the fortune to watch, and definitely something I would hope to see more of in the future.

Silens
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:21 pm

I am too blown away to state something usefull right now...

just one thing,did you spot our forum heroes,who went to the shooting?

edit:so I did recognize MENTOK by his Awesome Hat Very Happy TimeCruiserMike,is that you marching next to Mario's Army banner?

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Fedaykin wrote:I am too blown away to state something usefull right now...

edit:so I did recognize MENTOK by his Awesome Hat Very Happy TimeCruiserMike,is that you marching next to Mario's Army banner?

Who was Mentok?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sick of sickness on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Fenrirfrost1993 wrote:
Supp wrote:
subz1987 wrote:
BTW, what was that last bit at the end supposed to be about?

Have you ever seen Silence of the Lambs?

I haven't, though from what I could see,
Spoiler:
Kirby killed the Ness (Gathered from the bloody hat), Sakurai, and was waiting on Miyamoto.
If you could explain the ref?.

I didnt play Brawl all that much, so the context of this series confused me because I didnt play the game. But this is the end of SotL.

Hannibal Lecter was a cannibal psychiatrist who escaped from prison at the end. The music track the fucker put on the end here wasnt in the movie. But the film ends with Jodie Foster getting an award for bravery for catching a serial killer that Lecter helped lead her to. The bit about having an old friend for dinner...the man they show...was the warden of the prison he was at. Its insinuating hes going to kill him.

sick of sickness
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:43 pm

Oh yea I remember, I watched the ending of that movie in October.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:59 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:I am too blown away to state something usefull right now...

Who was Mentok?

The Koopa Troopa wearing a hat behind Wario at the beginning,credited as Australian Koopa Troopa

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:34 pm

i saw that one ^^ he was pretty obvious...though i didn't see the hat...

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:04 pm

I SO TOTALLY CALLED THAT
Spoiler:
someone at Nintendo was involved! Miyamoto was the man behind the man behind the man, heh.

In a nutshell, this episode was epic beyond belief, and well worth the wait. I knew things would go well when the first two minutes had me grinning and excited.

Of course, there were loads of epic moments that had be gasping and laughing, but for me what made the episode were the little touches, such as:
Spoiler:
Marth dual-weiding both Falchion and Ragnell, King Hippo and Jigglypuff killing Wario
, the sheer pinnacle has to be
Spoiler:
Kirby saying "Hiii~". How the hell something can be so hilarious and yet so creepy at the same time is beyond me.

The Trophy Hall was a nice touch, actually rather scary. And oh God, when
Spoiler:
Peach staggered forward spewing blood, speaking in Red and (I assume) Daisy's voice
, that went straight into mind-fucking horror territory Shocked

I'll admit, there were a few disappointments:
Spoiler:
-No dramatic scene for Marth. No scene between him and Ike, bah. That was a bit of a wasted opportunity there.

- Ness and Lucas being the killers. Okay, they were helluva creepy, but there had really been no buildup for them at all. Having a few scenes early on where they interacted with other characters, talking and behaving like normal children, would have made it a lot better and given the reveal a lot more impact.

So, all in all, a brilliant episode and a worthy end to the series. Excellent special effects, epic moments, injokes and a few stray loose ends just to tease us. It wasn't perfect, but it came damned close to it. It's been said a thousand times before, but we can never say it enough- thank you for making this series. A great end to a great show cheers

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:13 pm

Spoiler:
I liked Ness and Lucas being the killers myself. It was the ultimate mindfuck. And the most ironic possibility. Even though the little buildup thing is true, I think it works quite well. Zelda, Ganon or Olimar just wouldn't have worked for me, took obvious. Mewtwo would've been cool, but at the end of the day, Mewtwo himself had no buildup, so it'd be no different than what we got. So, I like it cause it was cool to see a bit more EB placed into the final episode. Overall, I think it was perfect. =P

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm

Am I the only one who felt deeply humbled when Wario was feeding Waluigi?

It really shows that even though he is a complete jerkass, he's still human, and loves his brother.

Last edited by Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:16 pm

I was too distracted by the kickass music, personally.

I... NEED... that music.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:18 pm

Definitely man I want that music too!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Another thing,can't wait to download the SSBB theme remix and the Hyrule Theme remix,I love those

Gonna rewatch it very soon,I'm a Luigi Fanboy,but Mario was freaking epic

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm

Matti wrote:Am I the only one who felt deeply humbled when Wario was feeding Waluigi?

It really shows that even though he is a complete jerkass, he's still human, and loves his brother.
i was too. i feel sorry for waluigi. he unknowingly killed the only friend he had and then his brother who loved him very much, despite being a jerk was...y'know...now whos gonna take care of him? Sad

Last edited by MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:30 pm

Leaf, maybe? Well, maybe not, I mean he did kinda... inadvertently... well, y'know.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sick of sickness on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:33 pm

Matti wrote:Am I the only one who felt deeply humbled when Wario was feeding Waluigi?

His humaneness showed throughout the series, IMO. He was a jackass, yes, but not evil.

Its kinda like Albert in Twin Peaks. He comes in, yelling and cursing at everyone. Hes highly condescending and hes a pompous prick and you were supposed to hate him, but towards the end, you see there is a reason for his attitude, and hes really a warm and compassionate guy, and by the end, you love him.

I think Wario was likable all along...just misguided.

sick of sickness
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I hoped that Wario would survive,he was the character who got me really hooked to TWBB.I really hope that Waluigi will find someone,who is going to take care of him

BTW Gavin,I really enjoyed the character development of Marth! Outstanding!

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:09 pm

matti just pointed out on another thread that the thing used rest attack on that person! so he isnt yknow after all! good spot dude i couldnt hear what she said lol.

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:12 pm

And hey, I'm half deaf and my ear is constantly ringing. Kudos to me whoooo

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:52 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top