"Epidsode 10" Discussion Thead... FINAL EPISODE AIRS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: "Epidsode 10" Discussion Thead... FINAL EPISODE AIRS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  sick of sickness on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm

"Its like that time when I said it will be up at the end of January, as they explicitly say the last Friday at the end of every month and I got a few smug replies"

sick of sickness
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:40 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Haha, You confused me for a second, Cause my last name is Malarkey. Yea, I saw what he did thar. it's pretty fucked up.

Ah, lol indeed. My apologies, not meant to incite confusion, friend. I come back here from lurking on the Escapist forums with a very minor update. Tho it did get a response anyway in the last hour, we still have no idea when it will be. It really does seem as if they're simply trying to ignore our inquiries. in fact the thread itself in the forum is not being bumped up for its recent activity... Conspiracy!!!! Lol, I'm joking, tho it doesn't bode well none the less that no one that's QUALIFIED is willing to "throw us a frickin' bone"...
I agree, this is to Matt Mercer, Zach Grafton, and the rest of the crew; find someone else to host any future series you may do. This is getting ridiculous.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:51 pm

You know what the weird thing is? Despite the fact the the "Where the hell is the Episode..." thread is getting reply, it doesn't get bump to the first page ans stays at the 7th page.

What the hell?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:52 pm

BY2K wrote:You know what the weird thing is? Despite the fact the the "Where the hell is the Episode..." thread is getting reply, it doesn't get bump to the first page ans stays at the 7th page.

What the hell?

They just dont like me.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calculus_girl on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:56 pm

BY2K wrote:You know what the weird thing is? Despite the fact the the "Where the hell is the Episode..." thread is getting reply, it doesn't get bump to the first page ans stays at the 7th page.

What the hell?

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

Agreed that some sort of transparency would be nice at this point. It's pretty clear that Escapist staff are reading that thread, but do we hear anything from them (save that totally unrelated guy)? Hmm, no. I mean, I completely understand that there's more to releasing the ep than just uploading it to their site since it is the finale and I'm sure they want to donate a good amount of front page space to it. But I'd rather hear their train of thought - or even that they don't plan on releasing it until later - than nothing at all.

calculus_girl
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I think the best thing to do is to not post in their forum at all. I'm sure they are loving all the traffic. Negative or not, it's racking up. Personally, I'm boycotting anything Escapist other than the new TWBB. I don't even have to check their site. I'll know when the new episode is up from these forums. Then I'll go there and watch it. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's all part of their master scheme I tells ya!

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:06 pm

calculus_girl wrote:

What the hell?

Something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

Agreed that some sort of transparency would be nice at this point. It's pretty clear that Escapist staff are reading that thread, but do we hear anything from them (save that totally unrelated guy)? Hmm, no. I mean, I completely understand that there's more to releasing the ep than just uploading it to their site since it is the finale and I'm sure they want to donate a good amount of front page space to it. But I'd rather hear their train of thought - or even that they don't plan on releasing it until later - than nothing at all.

Love that Hamlet line you through in... But I think there is some conspiracy behind this..

Though this be madness. Yet there is method in't!

My thread wont be bumped up, and I am not getting in trouble for calling the Escapist a bunch of pussy ass mother fucking jerks. I think they are ignoring it?

Quick! everyone make a new thread! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.164315?page=2#4298501

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Joseppi wrote:I think the best thing to do is to not post in their forum at all. I'm sure they are loving all the traffic. Negative or not, it's racking up. Personally, I'm boycotting anything Escapist other than the new TWBB. I don't even have to check their site. I'll know when the new episode is up from these forums. Then I'll go there and watch it. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's all part of their master scheme I tells ya!
that sounds good.

only other thing i watch on there is ZP, and that i can live without for awhile. besides i think he's on vacation.

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Wow, people on The Escapist forums have no idea what they're talking about... hardly any of them were even up-to-date. =P

But guys, really, I think it might be in everyone's best interest NOT to be too hostile towards The Escapist here. They can simply NOT choose to post the episode if they wish. I agree they're being a bit fiddly and it would be nice if they could give us an exact deadline, but in all fairness, by all rights they can do whatever they want with the episode. It's annoying, but just stay calm. Don't go nuts at them, especially not on their own forum.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nargarra on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Joseppi wrote:I think the best thing to do is to not post in their forum at all. I'm sure they are loving all the traffic. Negative or not, it's racking up. Personally, I'm boycotting anything Escapist other than the new TWBB. I don't even have to check their site. I'll know when the new episode is up from these forums. Then I'll go there and watch it. I said it before and I'll say it again, it's all part of their master scheme I tells ya!
i agree it is true they are LOVING this traffic they are getting from us and i think we need to just lay off the escapist for a while and it will be there

nargarra
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:It's annoying, but just stay calm. Don't go nuts at them, especially not on their own forum.
yeah i've decided to just boycott them til the episode. therefore i'm not yelling at them anymore.

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calculus_girl on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:13 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:Wow, people on The Escapist forums have no idea what they're talking about... hardly any of them were even up-to-date. =P

But guys, really, I think it might be in everyone's best interest NOT to be too hostile towards The Escapist here. They can simply NOT choose to post the episode if they wish. I agree they're being a bit fiddly and it would be nice if they could give us an exact deadline, but in all fairness, by all rights they can do whatever they want with the episode. It's annoying, but just stay calm. Don't go nuts at them, especially not on their own forum.

Yeah...the vitriol is getting to be a little too much, guys...

calculus_girl
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mudshovel on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 pm

JayDeth wrote:What for? You think someone from The Escapist will answer? roflcopter

Well it seems there at least has been some response. No reason to be negative Mad

mudshovel
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpoonMan Abrams X on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:16 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Quick! everyone make a new thread! http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.164315?page=2#4298501

calculus_girl wrote:Yeah...the vitriol is getting to be a little too much, guys...

Indeed. Openly SPAMMING their forums is the LAST thing anyone needs to do. If you didn't get in trouble yet for what you said in your original thread, Spamming is a sure fire way to get a suspension or ban.
It would be a much better idea to either bump up another existing thread (like this one) or everyone fire off PMs and E-mails to Escapist staff, asking why. Either that or do as others have said, just simply boycott and don't go to their site. There is much better and cleaner ways to protest their behavior.

SpoonMan Abrams X
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/LePieLives

Back to top Go down

Post  nargarra on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:18 pm

spaming might bring it to there attention that the episode needs to be put up or they will lose some traffic

nargarra
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:22 pm

In the long run, it will detriment us rather than assist us. We, as TWBB fans:

A) Do not want to piss off The Escapist, because they have the rights to the episode
B) Do not want the crew to get in trouble with The Escapist
C) Do not want a reputation and to be known as whiny, complainy fans

You know it won't work anyway. The Escapist will continue to ignore us. I mean, y'know, there's nothing wrong with complaining, but spamming and swearing them out is an out-right no-no.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  calculus_girl on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

1) Where in Michigan, Abrams? I went to HS in A2 Smile

2) I really don't think being whiny and immature and shouting a lot is going to make us look that great/make it come out any faster. Besides we're by no means a majority of their traffic, so I highly doubt that threat will ring very soundly.

calculus_girl
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mudshovel on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:27 pm

I am just a little cynical, they add new advertisements to the site that are very dodgy and are not saying anything. Pessimistic me thinks they are getting more traffic, so are putting up dodgy adds that pay per load not per click.

mudshovel
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nargarra on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 pm

well what if we send a organized ledtter telling them how much we want the episode up and how long we have been waiting for it

nargarra
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:28 pm

mudshovel wrote:I am just a little cynical, they add new advertisements to the site that are very dodgy and are not saying anything. Pessimistic me thinks they are getting more traffic, so are putting up dodgy adds that pay per load not per click.

Get Firefox and use Adblock then =P

nargarra wrote:well what if we send a organized ledtter telling them how much we want the episode up and how long we have been waiting for it

Can't you just wait for Friday? It's not that long, even if we have to wait two Fridays (on account of one being New Years Eve). But, I guess you could try it. Not really my call.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mudshovel on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:30 pm

JonnyJinx wrote:Get Firefox and use Adblock then =P

Meh. Sleep

mudshovel
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:31 pm

mudshovel wrote:I am just a little cynical, they add new advertisements to the site that are very dodgy and are not saying anything. Pessimistic me thinks they are getting more traffic, so are putting up dodgy adds that pay per load not per click.

I completely agree with you on that. Page impressions really add up. Just think about all the refreshing going on. When people refresh it counts as an impression for the first 10 or so refreshes anyway. So take every refresher and multiply that by 10, and you'll have a nice amount of advertising profits.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mudshovel on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:35 pm

When I said 'make a thread' I didn't mean antagonise them. I am a little guilty of it, but I think the new advertising is shady...

mudshovel
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Falsetto on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:41 pm

I still find it very unappreciative towards the crew of TWBB, mainly the editing team.

As said, they first forced the earlier release date on the team, causing Matt to almost kill himself, pass out on the floor and getting severe pain. They got it only a couple days after the official release date, and they had a corrupted upload that time, so they got it the next day. And now they are not putting it up.

I know that they paid the staff to create TWBB, but I still find it extremely disgusting and unthankful. I also agree with the boycotting people - we should just stop and wait until we have an official announcement here.

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh my gee, they deleted all of the Brawl threads, including mine. they suspended me, not for my posts cussing them out, but for my post saying it was a conspiracy for profit... Hmmmmm? Neutral

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:06 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top