The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyward Sword is going to deal with the "sky people come down and create stuff" backstory from Twilight Princess.

50% 50% 
[ 8 ]
50% 50% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 16

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  DRTJR on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:01 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Ocarina of Time..... FOR THE WIN.
this is not an opinion this is FACT

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:49 am

Ocarina of Time is by far my favorite game ever. Hell I just recently bought a Nintendo 64 so I could go back and play my original gold cartridge with the Muslim music and images and where Ganondorf coughs up blood. It's just so much more satisfying than the Gamecube version. For years, both of my N64 Zelda's sat on a shelf for display.

Oh and as for Wind Waker, I thought it was a great game. But I really thought it should have had more dungeons and less Triforce shard searching. I really hated that part of the game.

And what's with all the Phantom Hourglass hate? I liked it. I can't wait to get my hands on Spirit Tracks. Need a new DS first though. (Damn Mario Hoops)

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:54 am

Joseppi wrote:Ocarina of Time is by far my favorite game ever. Hell I just recently bought a Nintendo 64 so I could go back and play my original gold cartridge with the Muslim music and images and where Ganondorf coughs up blood. It's just so much more satisfying than the Gamecube version. For years, both of my N64 Zelda's sat on a shelf for display.

Oh and as for Wind Waker, I thought it was a great game. But I really thought it should have had more dungeons and less Triforce shard searching. I really hated that part of the game.

And what's with all the Phantom Hourglass hate? I liked it. I can't wait to get my hands on Spirit Tracks. Need a new DS first though. (Damn Mario Hoops)

Shit yea! I have ALWAYS dreamed of the day I get ahold of the original that has red blood. Best game of all time.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:57 am

SnakeInABox wrote:
Shit yea! I have ALWAYS dreamed of the day I get ahold of the original that has red blood. Best game of all time.
I've had mine since November '98 and can't bare to part with it. But I always see it on Ebay. And believe it or not, it's pretty cheap.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:02 am

Joseppi wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:
I've had mine since November '98 and can't bare to part with it. But I always see it on Ebay. And believe it or not, it's pretty cheap.

They don;t know what they have, do they?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:08 am

SnakeInABox wrote:
Joseppi wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:

Apparently not. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it going for like 10 bucks. What a shame. Just look at , ONLY .99 cents??? WTF? THIS ONE

You should place a bid. That's such a steal.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:13 am

Joseppi wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:
Joseppi wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:

Apparently not. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it going for like 10 bucks. What a shame. Just look at , ONLY .99 cents??? WTF? THIS ONE

You should place a bid. That's such a steal.

Shipping is like 5 dollars, but that shit is a steal regardless. I am so going to.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:25 pm

Oh my gosh, Help me!

I just got the original Zelda and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

Moblins are raping my ass! The old man gives me a magic sword but doesnt tell me where to go. Sad help?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Oh my gosh, Help me!

I just got the original Zelda and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!

Moblins are raping my ass! The old man gives me a magic sword but doesnt tell me where to go. Sad help?
Aren't I evil?

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 pm

DRTJR wrote:

Thank you

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 am

Heh, so I am actually thoroughly enjoying Spirit Tracks Razz The music is pretty good, the moving & fighting with stylus controls is not as bad as I thought, & the humor in the game has made me 'lawl' once or twice ;P

Spoiler:
The scene where Anjean tells Zelda & Link the evil people need her body to resurrect the even eviler guy & her reaction to Link really made me giggle; I really get a kick when game makers implement elements of anime into video games....I'm a Simple Kind of Man, just like Lennard Skinnard ;P

The little stuff too like the sound effects during dialogue scenes & 'Toon' Link's squiggly line for a mouth are nice touches too. So my question, is did Phantom Hourglass & Windwaker have such things like Spirit Tracks? (namely the jokes/humor/light-heartedness & controls)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:11 am

Joseppi wrote:Ocarina of Time is by far my favorite game ever. Hell I just recently bought a Nintendo 64 so I could go back and play my original gold cartridge with the Muslim music and images and where Ganondorf coughs up blood. It's just so much more satisfying than the Gamecube version. For years, both of my N64 Zelda's sat on a shelf for display.

I don't remember muslim music...but then again it's been 12 years since I played the original. WOW THAT'S A LONG TIME lol

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 am

katorishintaro wrote:
I don't remember muslim music...but then again it's been 12 years since I played the original. WOW THAT'S A LONG TIME lol
the fire temple has Muslim sounding music in the gold cartridge and in Version 1.1 they removed it
though the Bad ass crescent moon and star where removed from the Game-cube edition

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:43 pm

DRTJR wrote:
katorishintaro wrote:
the fire temple has Muslim sounding music in the gold cartridge and in Version 1.1 they removed it
though the Bad ass crescent moon and star where removed from the Game-cube edition

Yeah, the Fire Temple's music in the original 1.1 cartridge had a chant that sounded like an Islamic chant. They decided to replace the chant in all other versions with a remixed Shadow Temple theme. I remember when I first played, the chant sounded kind of scary.

And the mirror shield (as well as some blocks if I remember correctly) had the crescent moon on them. They were replaced with the same symbol that you see on Onox's chest.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Veran has that symbol too. I believe it's considered the Gerudo symbol. Ganondorf's cape in Brawl has it, and a more stylized version of it in Twilight Princess.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:19 pm

And you can't forget the red blood. He went from being a normal hurt guy to a Green blooded alien.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Heh, I always wondered why did he have green blood when I was a kid. Then I just stopped caring. Razz

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 pm

Of course. The blood is the best part of the original version.

Hell, the SNES version of Mortal Kombat had sweat instead of blood. I don't know about everyone else, but the blood is what made Mortal Kombat so cool to be back then.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Joseppi wrote:
DRTJR wrote:
katorishintaro wrote:

Yeah, the Fire Temple's music in the original 1.1 cartridge had a chant that sounded like an Islamic chant. They decided to replace the chant in all other versions with a remixed Shadow Temple theme. I remember when I first played, the chant sounded kind of scary.

And the mirror shield (as well as some blocks if I remember correctly) had the crescent moon on them. They were replaced with the same symbol that you see on Onox's chest.

--
holy shit I remember hearing that music but I never thought it was a Muslim prayer.. sheesh..and I knew in my heart the gamecube version of OOT wasn't the same as the original.. D:
*sigh* can't even get the biggoron sword in the gamecube version anymore..*sad*

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:08 pm

Queeny wrote:*sigh* can't even get the biggoron sword in the gamecube version anymore..*sad*

Why not?

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Queeny on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:17 am

JonnyJinx wrote:
Queeny wrote:*sigh* can't even get the biggoron sword in the gamecube version anymore..*sad*

Why not?

I have no idea.. you can get the other sword though.. (the one that breaks..)

The biggoron sword was so awesome..

Queeny
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:23 am

Uh... are you sure? I have all versions of OOT except the Virtual Console one and I can get the Biggoron Sword in all of them.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:31 am

And I have the Virtual Console one! So we'll find out if it's obtainable in that soon. XD

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:54 pm

New Wii Zelda sequel confirmend for 2010.

Yeah, not really a big article.
Side note: Cool that the DS is getting a successor. Not talking about DSi.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

smashbro wrote:New Wii Zelda sequel confirmend for 2010.

Yeah, not really a big article.
Side note: Cool that the DS is getting a successor. Not talking about DSi.

wow thats awesome! have you seen the concept look for it! Shocked

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 3:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top