The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skyward Sword is going to deal with the "sky people come down and create stuff" backstory from Twilight Princess.

50% 50% 
[ 8 ]
50% 50% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 16

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Discussion.

Post  .. on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:26 pm

The only way Nintendo will make a really powerful console like the PS3 would be if they could make it cheap.

I mean lets face it, can you really imagine a Nintendo console being $450-600?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Outlaw wrote:The only way Nintendo will make a really powerful console like the PS3 would be if they could make it cheap.

I mean lets face it, can you really imagine a Nintendo console being $450-600?

Well, the technology for making a PS3 level machine is getting cheap. (You can have a PS3 - a console with a built-in Blu-Ray drive - for 300$). So if Nintendo wants to make a console as powerful as the PS3 (or maybe a little more, who knows) it could be around 300$.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:31 am

DRTJR's Top 5 reasons for why Vaati may be in skyward sword

The art style: The art style is a hybrid of the wind waker's more cartoonish style and Twilight Princess' realistic look.

Pre Ocarina of Time: I know this is subjective but Most(Greater than 50%) timeline theorist agree that the Minish cap is first, so why use a new villain when you already have the second most know villain sitting in your projected time.

Giving Gannon a break: Again subjective but If you use the same villain he stops becoming threatening (see TP)

Theme: From what we Know Link is one of the Sky people (See Minish Cap) so we have elements from MC already as well as it's about the forging of the master, the sword of Evil’s bane. Here ‘s a question if It’s already know as the sword that slays evil in OoT then who was it forged to fight? Food for thought

Difficulty: You can complain about the difficulty of Minish cap being too easy up until you step into dark Hyrule castle, Then the game Gets Awesome and Vaati is a Difficult and challenging boss that will kill you if it’s your first rodeo, so as we can tell the SS will be a harder game than TP (Thank God) so why not dust off the good Hard final boss for your game you want to be challenging.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:17 am

It better be Vaati or an entirely new villain. I am tired of Ganon!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:21 am

Mr Mercer disagrees

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:22 am

King Avalanche wrote:Mr Mercer disagrees

Mr. House disagrees.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:23 am

Outlaw wrote:

Mr. House disagrees.

can we agree to disagree?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:40 am

King Avalanche wrote:
Outlaw wrote:

Mr. House disagrees.

can we agree to disagree?

Put down the weapon and we can.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:14 pm

I'm saying Ganon needs a vacation after TP (MY LEAST FAVORITE MAIN SERIES ZELDA TITLE) so yes he needs a brake so we can get over the ass that was Zant(I hated Zant and still do.) so a ganon break would be welcomed.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Uh, am I the only one that enjoyed TP immensely?

Second favorite Zelda game for me. Yea, final boss was easy, but some of those temples tore at my soul, and Ganondorf didn't lose his menacing touch.

Vaati is a faggot. There, I said it. If he is the main boss in SS, I will be very let down.

But it's all cool, we all know it won't be him, I mean think about it.....

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:04 pm

I HIGHLY doubt that Ganon will make Even a small cameo since He probably wasn't even born yet. Also (Again a theory) but Vaati (MIGHT) have been the proverbial Adam of the Sheikah tribe. which does mean that purple midget got about as mush as ansem[/joke] so if they find some asinine way to insert Ganondorf then I'll be pissed. and Ganon is OoT and WW was a decent boss so you felt the dread he brought and didn't feel like he was slapped on at the end. AKA the build up was as important as the difficulty of the boss if not more so, so to illustrate the Failure of TP Ganon the build up of EVERY Main Series Zelda game Final Boss.

The Legend of Zelda:
The Build up was Not that much other than he home was in Death Mountain and the Bosses got harder and harder up until him and the fact he could only be killed by silver arrows was effective

Adventure of Link:
This Game is Hard and the Greater difficulty adds to the sense that this is Ganon's forces last hour and their throwing everything and the kitchen sink at you to kill you and then the Final battle is against a dark you who is both your equal and opposite, Bad ass.

A Link to the Past:
Take note This is a proper Hijacked by Ganon plot. So your fist three(Four if you enclued the castle at the beginning) You collect the Necklaces and draw the master sword then see Zelda killed(Not really) in front of your eyes and go mano y mano with Agahnim (Little lack luster but for this point in the game alright). then you are transported into the dark world. and then you realize the master of world evil is Ganon an Evil and again the bosses are gradually harder and again it's effective and was the First Zelda that had a hijacked by Ganon

Next time LA, OoT, MM.

Link’s Awakening:
The game starts with Link getting lost to storm washing up on a strange new island with only your sword and shield. This isn’t Hyrule there are new and very different enemies, and Dethl when introduced states that this is his territory and you’re playing by his rules and again the difficulty is helping in building on him, as well as he uses links encounters with Agahnim and Ganon against link again making him seem like a credible threat.

Ocarina of Time:
This is the game that sells Ganondorf as not only a valid final boss but like a being capable of giving sauron a run for his money. The game starts off with a nightmare in which it’s implied he kicks your ass, it is shown again that Ganondorf was the one who cursed the Deku tree, and Infested Dodango caverns with Dodangos and Put a Parasite in Jabu jabu. So you go to the Temple of Time open the Door of time Draw the master sword and He follows you and gains the triforce because you opened the door for him, showing that He could kick your ass handedly whether it was physically or mentally better than you. So in the future he lives on a floating castle of Evil above a pool of Lava. The dungeons where hard the bosses where hard the game was making you go from Lake Hylia to the Gerudo desert so you might have a chance and it is one of the best build ups to a boss in gaming history.

Majora’s Mask:
You start the game off in the middle of the Lost woods. When your horse is stolen by a skull kid. You chase him until you get into a room and then he turns you into a deku shrub. All ready we know he’s psychotic and unpredictable and unlike the Lawful Evil of Ganondorf it seems he’s doing it for the hell of it which is scarier because unlike Ganondorf who if he wins wouldn’t destroy the world for the lulz but by now you can tell that Termina is in need of a hero and your it’s only hope. The skull kid is unique among Zelda Villains who either want to resurrect Ganon (Veran, Onix, and shadow link) rule the world (Ganon) or become Gods (Vaati) all of which are bad but all goals that won’t end all life unlike dropping the moon on Termina. Effective build up.

Next to come the Oracle series, Four swords, and Four sword adventure

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:21 am

Fuck yeah oracles. Never beat the gba four swords, never played the gc four swords. Oh well.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:47 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Uh, am I the only one that enjoyed TP immensely?

Not at all, I found it to be a good game. I mean, you were given a SPINNER!!!! Yea, ok, it had limited uses, but it was amusing as all hell. Seriously though, I thought it was a good game that ate a lot of my time, on more then just one play-through.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:17 pm

I for one also loved Twilight Princess, my one complaint being that the bosses and some of the dungeons seemed too easy, if completely epic.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:26 pm

I loved it too. It was a darker Zelda that I wanted, and you got to be a wolf. That said, WW still stands as my favorite Zelda.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:30 pm

WW was a good step in a new direction, not that I really want another one.

PH was not all that great.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:21 pm

I liked WW. Just kinda got repetitive when looking for the triforce.

As for PH. I REALLY did not enjoy having to use the touchscreen to move.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 pm

Outlaw wrote:PH was not all that great.
Agreed. Too easy too, and I'm not the kind of person that likes games to be hard. Still haven't beat Spirit tracks too...

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:11 pm

I REFUSE to play Phantom Hourglass because they cancelled Four swords DS to do this PIECE OF SHIT, and I know I would HATE THIS game so I have yet to even consider purchasing it.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:46 pm

I refused to play Windwaker because it looked too kiddy. Then I played it and was shown that refusing to play a game for a shitty reason only makes you look like a douchebag.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:10 pm

I haven't played thaaat much of Wind Waker yet but I really love it so far. I really enjoy the art style and it's just a fun game.

On the other hand, I ragequit Phantom Hourglass. Twice. First over the stupid Temple of the Ocean King, then just because it was annoying me. xD

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 pm

The reason I never played PH is because to me I'd have that nagging knowledge that the Four Swords sub series was canned because of it would make me go from apathetic to Hate filled, to me It's would be Highlander 2 the quickening so I just say no. Does it make me look like an ass, probably but I already Have the Final Fantasy Franchise killing my childhood and I don't need the Legend of Zelda to do the same. and It's not the well it's non-canon so it's just like a bad fan fic... Yes I went their.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Oh yeah, they pulled a bootleg reveal like the end of link's awakening- but it sucked here. I mean, LA was annoyingly WTF, but it was sorta original. Plus, "ballad of the wind fish" is the most fucking amazing song ever. 'Nuff said.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:10 pm

That was my major Problem with TP that it was a light weight OoT and ALttP and you know what I like Navi more that Midna, The whole Turn into a wolf idea interesting and new I liked it, Zant and the Half assed ganondorf revel where what killed TP for me. Sure WW was easy on the whole but the Large ocean gave you the feeling that you where on a giant fucking ocean. The game looked, sounded and was written beautifully and it's my third favorite Zelda. and in OoT and WW towns have like five people in them and you felt for them, in TP their are scores of people in castle town and the Humans are not that endearing and the only one of any interest is the demon baby

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:30 pm

I want another Four Swords.

FSA on the Gamecube was fun, and I like the ALTTP graphics.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top