TWBB web comic

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB web comic

Post  Arek The Absolute on Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:46 pm

I am very curious as well to see how the style of the art will be for this.

Also, I am hoping that this will be as dark as the web series was. As fanservicy as it was, it still maintained a very dark and mature aura with it. I have seen a lot of fan done stuff after a webseries has completed, and as much heart as they put into it, it still came off as cheap anime cliche/trope filled work that you would find at fanfiction.com or something.

Believe me, I am not trying to be rude, and as great of an ambition this is, I just don't want to see another thing linked to something very awesome turn out to be sub par/mediocre with amateur art.

Spoiler:
I am going to be honest and admit that half of my skepticism about his ability to make this great does come from his grammatical errors from his forum posts.

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:02 pm

well i do intend to keep it dark and gritty but not from the first issue. you have to remember the brawl world wasnt always as dark as it is now. but the maturity will be there from the start. also my grammer isnt great in forum posts because i dont see the point in proof reading on forums and most of the time ive been on here on my phone, but i take greater care in writing literature.

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shadow_zero920 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:07 pm

do you have any previews for us to read that you have in mind Smile

shadow_zero920
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:10 pm

MagnusXavier wrote:I think we may have to do a ness mini comic set after brawl now you mention it.

This... MIGHT have a slightly different feel to it now.

Also, it has to be set further back.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 pm

MagnusXavier wrote:well i do intend to keep it dark and gritty but not from the first issue. you have to remember the brawl world wasnt always as dark as it is now. but the maturity will be there from the start. also my grammer isnt great in forum posts because i dont see the point in proof reading on forums and most of the time ive been on here on my phone, but i take greater care in writing literature.

I am glad to hear it. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind.

MagnusXavier wrote:grammer

Sad

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:31 pm

@ shadow: not yet as we're still planning plus im away from home til the 5th so we cant really start anything until im back. and i was waiting until todays episode aswell so that i knew the entire plot lol. @thetj: i know! as soon as they appeared i had to pause it because i was laughing too hard lol. well they will now have larger roles in the 3rd arc alongside mewtwo. @arek: i am sorry lol. if opera mini had spellcheck it wouldnt be this bad lol

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  ElderOfNar on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Greenansatsu wrote:I'd like to see how samus and Cpt. falcon both went from being feared bounty hunters to working in strip clubs. Samus hinted at knowing the Cpt. while they were both bountry hunters, it could be an interesting arc seeing those two work against each other, both going after the same bounties, both needing the money to survive, while at the same time slowly being drawn into the sex syndicates and eventually giving up the hunt in favor of slightly more steady income. I'd imagine they both got to where they are in different ways, Samus seems eager to help luigi and seems like she really didn't want to give up the hunts, but Cpt. seems to be into the sex ring hard and doesn't seem to want to give it up.

Can't wait to see this show up, you have my support!

Same and how he met his angel ;-D

Red and leaf and the pokemon would be cool

basically how may of the characters ended up where they are and how they fell from their hero status, or anything above ^_^ doesn't matter if you use my ideas, you'll make it awesome anyways and if any help is needed shoot something my way.

ElderOfNar
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Devaux on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:04 am

TheTJ wrote:I want to actually SEE Ness.

I don't CARE if he's still only 9ish Six years later...

Ness gets no love =(

ha

Devaux
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 am

this doesn't have to be done, since its kinda a gimmick, but i would like to see an alternate universe storyline that has the TWBB characters in the subspace emissary storymode.

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:24 am

Devaux wrote:
TheTJ wrote:I want to actually SEE Ness.

I don't CARE if he's still only 9ish Six years later...

Ness gets no love =(

ha

I know, I thought it was pretty funny too.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:29 am

lonewolf wrote:this doesn't have to be done, since its kinda a gimmick, but i would like to see an alternate universe storyline that has the TWBB characters in the subspace emissary storymode.
You wouldn't want to give TWBB Ganny access to the subspace bombs >> Seriously.

In regard to the comic itself, I think you're overusing the tLoZ characters for this, and though it's not been confirmed exactly how it happened, I don't think the Mushroom Kingdom really "took over" forcibly, but rather annexed Hyrule when their economy fell into ruin. Could of course ask Zach how he imagined it I guess...

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 am

Zhiel wrote:
In regard to the comic itself, I think you're overusing the tLoZ characters for this, and though it's not been confirmed exactly how it happened, I don't think the Mushroom Kingdom really "took over" forcibly, but rather annexed Hyrule when their economy fell into ruin. Could of course ask Zach how he imagined it I guess...
i have messaged him but he hasnt been on since. i would actually like some creative input from zach and matt as i wanted it to be an official thing rather than just a fan comic :s. and i said earlier i was struggling with the annexing part of the plot. but im not rushing it. i want to make this the best it can be, and my friend and i are huge comic book geeks and im a huge twbb fan plus some people have offered their help, so hopefully itll be awesome and if its not then no-one has to read it do they? Lol

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:58 am

MagnusXavier wrote:
Zhiel wrote:
i have messaged him but he hasnt been on since. i would actually like some creative input from zach and matt as i wanted it to be an official thing rather than just a fan comic :s. and i said earlier i was struggling with the annexing part of the plot. but im not rushing it. i want to make this the best it can be, and my friend and i are huge comic book geeks and im a huge twbb fan plus some people have offered their help, so hopefully itll be awesome and if its not then no-one has to read it do they? Lol

Unless it is the most epic thing since Sliced bread The Final episode, I dont want it to be official.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:05 am

I seriously would rather this not be official as well.

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am

I don't know, with good writing, and as long as it keeps continuity... AND if the artworks is well done (Which shouldn't be a problem, I've seen the fanart page) Then we should at least see some of the comic before we say whether or not it should be official.

Although, I kinda think the series stands well on it's own, too.

Last edited by TheTJ on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot an "h")

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Arek The Absolute on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 am

Unless it is written by the original script writers, I feel that it will not be able to carry the same feel that would allow it to obtain the title as "official."

Harsh as that may sound, that is merely just my personal opinion.

Arek The Absolute
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:14 am

No, it probably won't.

But then again, it was a different kingdom back then.

Either way, I'm an optimist. Either it's more good content that I will enjoy, or bad content which I will ignore.

Win-nuetral.

(No offense Magnus)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cena on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 am

Thirded on the non-officiality of it.

Regarding Arcs, I want to see a bright and happy arc to rid everyone of some of the disparity the comic will surely bring. Make it a Red/Leaf arc. I'd like to see that.

Cena
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://twitter.com/pt_Cena

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:03 am

hey i respect your opinions as you are just looking out for you fav series! im a marvel fanboy and have seen some terrible fan fics/adaptations i.e the spiderman trilogy Mad so i know how you feel. but at the same time i have said i welcome all suggestions and on another thread i said that i want it to be a team effort so give me your ideas and thoughts lol. at the end of the day the only way twbb can continue without funding and cast interest is unless matt and zach make a comic or something or via fan stories. and when i said official i didnt mean 'the official twbb comic! licensed by the escapist!' i meant the official story that matt and zach envisaged rather than just guesswork and filling in the gaps myself, but then again it does happen in comics all the time lol. but at the same time guys please try not to take this to seriously. all i wanna do is create an enjoyable comic that tells stories we havent heard much about. of course it wont match up to the series, it was a masterpiece, i know that and you'd be naive to think it would. im not a professional comic writer but i have a big imagination and alot of passion for this project and for continuity as my gf can prove lol. and besides i dont even have a job and im making this a priority so please cut me some slack. if you dont wanna read it you dont have to but im gonna make it either way. and thank you to thetj and the others who have shown optimism, support and suggestions. i promise to put my all into this comic and ill enjoy making it either way.

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:46 am

hmm I'm optimistic. a quick preview of artstyle might gain some more votes in that matter. If it does turn out bad we can always ignore it. There are worse things then that on the internet we ignore.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:55 am

Avalanche91 wrote:hmm I'm optimistic. a quick preview of artstyle might gain some more votes in that matter. If it does turn out bad we can always ignore it. There are worse things then that on the internet we ignore.
as soon as i return home i shall get mr rees (my artist) to whip up a few character concepts. and will post them in here and the fanart section.

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  godofchicken on Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:58 am

Let's face it, there is a LOT left unsaid in the series - and since (correct me if I'm wrong) the guys writing and performing in it have announced that there will be no sequel, I think it would suit a prequel comic perfectly - I for one would love to see the fall of Hyrule, the death of Daisy, the rise of Kirby and Bowser's transformation - and if it can be written in the right, sufficiently noir-esque style, a graphic novel strikes me as the ideal medium, somewhere between film and story.

It just comes down to the writing.

godofchicken
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:22 am

Cena wrote:Thirded on the non-officiality of it.

Regarding Arcs, I want to see a bright and happy arc to rid everyone of some of the disparity the comic will surely bring. Make it a Red/Leaf arc. I'd like to see that.
Why not make this yourself? If it's what you want to see, you would seem to be the best man for the job. I'm sure there can be more than one fancomic.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:35 am

just got of the phone to Spadge himself and he said he'd watch the series today (before anyone says anything i have already said that he hasnt seen the show) and sketch some of the characters up. ive also told him to sign up here so he can talk to you guys aswell. we have discussed the style we want for the comic and agree that sin city would be a good inspiration as thats about as dark and noir as it gets (also i just thought, watchmen is a good source of inspiration as the twist at the end is very similar to brawls twist) @cena: i was planning on doing that with ness and lucas but...lol. also id like to welcome godofchicken to the team and to the forums!

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

I'd like to assist in this webcomic.
Nothing too spectacular, but I'd enjoy doing a one-shot of the scene where Lucas and Ness kill Roy.
'Cause I can.

In fact, on that note, I may/may not have a few pages up by the end of the week.....

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top