opinions about any RPG

View previous topic View next topic Go down

opinions about any RPG

Post  katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:39 am

I have to ask everybody here, What are everybody's opinions about any RPG doesn't matter what company, console, online, offline. I've edited this thread from a Final Fantasy XII thread to RPG in general. So I guess I'll start by talking about FFXII. Why in the hell did I play this game for 130+ hours? lol I mean I can sit down and tell somebody the entire storyline, in detail, in about 12 minutes. That game seemed to be 15% storyline and 85% side quest stuff. That really bothers me. I know that final fantasy games are known for their mini games and side quests, but they also have a lengthy and great storyline to back that up. Not saying that XII had a bad story. In fact, I thought it was really good. I loved the ending, the dialogue, the graphics, the gambit system and the art style of the game. The only problems I had with the game were the Quickening system, the Espers, and the length of the storyline.

The Quickenings, even though looked pretty cool at first, really didn't fit their characters. example: Basch does a cheesy version of a Kamahamaha wave........ok.....that's cool....but wtf? All of a sudden Ashe is a holy cleric shooting balls of holy magic. I still don't know what the hell Penelo is doing. Balthier creates two clones and with their powers combined he is Captain Pl........Meteor Man!??? Fran is a Master of Weapons supposedly, but does nothing but use her martial arts and black magic shiva wannabe finishers. And the concurrances......lmao what is this? The Quickenings by themselves suck. If you don't get like a 12-20 chain and a good concurence.....you just wasted your MP and time.

The Espers....*sighs* I remember the first time I saw Adramelech in the Zertinan Caverns...I about shi7 myself lol...so I do some leveling up and barely beat him just to find out that....he actually isn't that special at all....same with all the hidden espers. You bust your butt fighting these things and for what? To waste more LP to use them? The summons in the game were way too watered down for my taste.

But still it was a good game... I don't see myself picking it back up anytime soon in the future...maybe in a year or two... idk

Anyways what are y'alls opinions?

Last edited by katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to create a more generalized subject for the thread.)

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: opinions about any RPG

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:40 am

Why do we have another final fantasy thread?

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:42 am

SurgePox wrote:Why do we have another final fantasy thread?
I was just thinking the same thing.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:45 am

it's called video game discussion. As in video games in general. Don't like the thread then don't look at it. It's that easy

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:49 am

Except, like, I'm a moderator, and it's sort of my job to keep the forum uncluttered, so it IS my problem. It's not quite that easy.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:57 am

Honestly, I haven't seen anywhere on this forum about the subject of FFXII? So where's the clutter? Would it help if I added something about ANOTHER SSBB tourny?

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:01 am

The thing with the tourneys is that they tend to get so big that they split on their own because those threads get used.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 am

Hey, let's make a thread about every single thing involving final fantasy that comes to mind. No, it would be extremely impractical to siphon all of our FF discussion into one or two generalized threads.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:10 am

I'm really not trying to be smart, but there seem to be threads that died out a long time ago, yet they are still up. And I JUST posted this and nobody got a chance to reply. I can see if it was up for a week and there were like 3 replys or something, but to have a problem with it only after 3 minutes from it being posted??? If you got a problem with it, I'll create it in the off-topic forum

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:17 am

We're a pretty slow moving forum, so there isn't really a large need to create threads as quickly as you are. If we all did this, our forum would get super cluttered super fast. My problem isn't that this thread isn't getting enough replies, it's just that we really don't need another final fantasy thread. That's why it's clutter.

Also we don't delete old threads. We just kind of let them slip away, to be bumped again when the discussion is revived.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:30 am

ok that's cool. Sorry I thought y'all were attacking me because y'all were final fantasy haters or something. on a small note, I've only made 2 threads....I don't see how that will create clutter unless you are thinking in proportions....thinking that because I made 2 threads in 3 days I'll have 20 up in a month. Ok go ahead and delete this one. I really don't want to debate with you guys because honestly it is pointless. If you are Moders, then you must have the power to delete things at your will am I right?

By the way I wasn't hateing on the tourneys, I was just bringing up the fact that many of those threads still stay up even when they have died out and not being used. No need to mess with my notoriety man.

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 pm

While on the subject of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X was awesome. The main game was awesome, the side stuff was awesome, and the battlan was awesome. I really hate the Active Time Battle system, so I tend to avoid FF titles tat incorporate it. This game didn't have it, but combat was still fun and fast paced. The story in this one was also fantastic, probably the best story of any game I've played, but that's come to be expected with Final Fantasy. I think I invested over 300 hours into this one, and I have a friend who's put in over 1000. This game sucks you in like crazy.
A good game is not without it's flaws, and FFX has a few noticeable ones. The voice acting is kind of lame in some parts, especially the infamous laughing scene. The final boss battle was extremely easy compared to most of the battles that preceded it. Some of the sidequests were frustrating (e.g. getting zero seconds in the chocobo race, the butterflys in macalania woods). However, I would conclude that the good heavily outweighs the bad, and would recommend that anyone check this out. Really, I would consider this top five favorite of all time.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katorishintaro on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:13 am

SurgePox wrote:While on the subject of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy X was awesome. The main game was awesome, the side stuff was awesome, and the battlan was awesome. I really hate the Active Time Battle system, so I tend to avoid FF titles tat incorporate it. This game didn't have it, but combat was still fun and fast paced. The story in this one was also fantastic, probably the best story of any game I've played, but that's come to be expected with Final Fantasy. I think I invested over 300 hours into this one, and I have a friend who's put in over 1000. This game sucks you in like crazy.
A good game is not without it's flaws, and FFX has a few noticeable ones. The voice acting is kind of lame in some parts, especially the infamous laughing scene. The final boss battle was extremely easy compared to most of the battles that preceded it. Some of the sidequests were frustrating (e.g. getting zero seconds in the chocobo race, the butterflys in macalania woods). However, I would conclude that the good heavily outweighs the bad, and would recommend that anyone check this out. Really, I would consider this top five favorite of all time.

I would have to agree completely, but nothing was more frustrating than playing lightning dodger for 2 hours without saving 0_o.

katorishintaro
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top