Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Post  Shy Guy Red on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:10 pm

The episode was very well done, you did a very great job on it, I liked it a lot. My favorite scene was the G&W octopus and Mario one, that was so awesome! =D

That being said.........I just don't like Ness and Lucas being the butchers. :/ It just seems too far out there for me.

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Shy Guy Red wrote:The episode was very well done, you did a very great job on it, I liked it a lot. My favorite scene was the G&W octopus and Mario one, that was so awesome! =D

That being said.........I just don't like Ness and Lucas being the butchers. :/ It just seems too far out there for me.

Not me, they have weird mind powers and... well, everyone else already had a role. Sure, not some of the Pokemon, but I think everyone thought the butcher was humanoid.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilwarin on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:19 pm

BTW, the two kids cast as Lucas and Ness... perfect.

Way beyond creepy. Kirby has already given me nightmares, I don't want to know how much more f*$&ed up my dreams will get...

Wilwarin
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Random tidbits I'm noticing on the second run-through...
Spoiler:
King Hippo appears and the black guy who stole Mac's bike is like "Oh crap! I'm outta here!"
What did Lakitu have in his hand that he was hitting Mario with, ineffectively?
Who were the guys in black fighting behind Mario's Starman fight, and also after Olimar's "Watch now!"?
Mario's last Starman kick had the "coin" sound to it.
Fox calls the Ice Climbers "inbreds"! lol!
Jill beats up a GW with a Domo!
Who was the hilarious cop dude that was fight/dancing by the wall?
Was that actually Kirk or was the DeDeDe trophy actually a model?
Nice makeup, though I don't understand why some parts are bluer than others. Lucas and Ness let some skin sit out in the sun too long while stitching up the other parts?
The entrance of the butchers still creeps me out, though it's not as surprising as the first time, of course.
OK, maybe I didn't play the games enough (I only got to the "Moonside" level of Earthbound and got stuck), but who was the grandfather of Lucas and Ness, and why did he kill?
Was that Mewtwo that Falcon knocked over when he entered the Butchers' Lair?
Kirby's reveal is always a bit chilling.
Kirby chewing on Luigi's cheek will always creep me out a bit.
The first time around, I half-expected DK Jr. to actually shoot Mario, given how dark this series is.
Oh, and for those who were thinking "They're alive!" at the end... You can always tell the flashbacks because Link doesn't have the goatee.
Samus really looks like a pirate with that eyepatch. Did she get hit in the eye when I wasn't looking, or is it just style?
They turned Falcon's scarf into a sling! Very Happy
The girl next to Leaf... She's the girl from Earthbound, right?
OK... Credits time...
Who was Jerome "Doc" Smith? Some game I've never heard of, right?
Oh, I guess it WAS Kirk standing there.
Who's Sakurai?
Who's Doumeki Kai?
I didn't see the Excitebike Guy. Did I just miss him in the Brawl somewhere?
LOL... "Jordan's Uncle"... The guy doesn't have a name?
"Awkward Boner"... Oh... kay...
Loved the credits music!

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryngo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:04 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:
JonnyJinx wrote:
AdmiralMemo wrote:
Eryngo wrote:
Spoiler:
... some flaws in it too such as Ganon's makeup...
What was wrong with it?
Sometimes his face was really dark green and other times not green at all.
I looked at it and it just looks like different lighting to me. Either that, or when he's angrier, he gets greener. We get red in the face because blood rushes up towards the skin. Well, he's got green blood. Either that, or when he's angrier, he's more liable to turn into Ganon (the pig/monster form).

Watched it a few more times and it does look like its because of the lightning. I suppose its make him more creepy/monster like.

Eryngo
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:08 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:Random tidbits I'm noticing on the second run-through...
Spoiler:
King Hippo appears and the black guy who stole Mac's bike is like "Oh crap! I'm outta here!"
Who were the guys in black fighting behind Mario's Starman fight, and also after Olimar's "Watch now!"?
Mario's last Starman kick had the "coin" sound to it.
Fox calls the Ice Climbers "inbreds"! lol!
Was that actually Kirk or was the DeDeDe trophy actually a model?
Nice makeup, though I don't understand why some parts are bluer than others. Lucas and Ness let some skin sit out in the sun too long while stitching up the other parts?
The entrance of the butchers still creeps me out, though it's not as surprising as the first time, of course.
OK, maybe I didn't play the games enough (I only got to the "Moonside" level of Earthbound and got stuck), but who was the grandfather of Lucas and Ness, and why did he kill?
Was that Mewtwo that Falcon knocked over when he entered the Butchers' Lair?
Kirby's reveal is always a bit chilling.
Kirby chewing on Luigi's cheek will always creep me out a bit.
The first time around, I half-expected DK Jr. to actually shoot Mario, given how dark this series is.
Oh, and for those who were thinking "They're alive!" at the end... You can always tell the flashbacks because Link doesn't have the goatee.
Samus really looks like a pirate with that eyepatch. Did she get hit in the eye when I wasn't looking, or is it just style?
They turned Falcon's scarf into a sling! Very Happy
The girl next to Leaf... She's the girl from Earthbound, right?
OK... Credits time...
Who was Jerome "Doc" Smith? Some game I've never heard of, right?
Oh, I guess it WAS Kirk standing there.
Who's Sakurai?
Who's Doumeki Kai?
I didn't see the Excitebike Guy. Did I just miss him in the Brawl somewhere?
LOL... "Jordan's Uncle"... The guy doesn't have a name?
Loved the credits music!
aww so many easy questions to answer... i'll only do a few though due to time constraints

sakurai made brawl
mario's last move while invincible wasn't a kick he did his up+b, which produces coins
yes the girl next to leaf is from EB
his name isn't DK jr, it's Diddy Kong

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Entlassen on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Dobs wrote:I think it goes without saying that I loved the shit out of this.

Also,
Spoiler:

Is it bad that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these?

That was some fucking Evil Dead shit right there.

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:17 pm

There was Brawl, and it was good.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Entlassen wrote:
Dobs wrote:I think it goes without saying that I loved the shit out of this.

Also,
Spoiler:

Is it bad that I thoroughly enjoyed seeing these?

That was some fucking Evil Dead shit right there.

Evil Dead, YES! But TWBB was better!

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Entlassen on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Evil Dead, YES! But TWBB was better!

Than the first one, yes, but the second Evil Dead... now that's up for debate. XP

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maryssa on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:43 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:Random tidbits I'm noticing on the second run-through...
Spoiler:

Some kind of alcohol in a brown paper bag.
Spoiler:
Just extras. We had a lot of extras, they weren't really any particular characters.

Spoiler:
It's a Bullet Bill.

Spoiler:
It's from the DS game Ouendan (I dunno how to spell it)

Spoiler:
It's not just for style.

Spoiler:
That's something that always comes up during filming/costumemaking/etc nights.
Loved the credits music![/spoiler]

Maryssa
Rosalina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  esp196 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:45 pm

that was amazing

but it was missing just one thing

There was no falcon/warlock punch collision! i mean come on yall pretty much set it up in ep 8 (i think) although i guess the budget proably wasnt big enough to include it

esp196
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:45 pm

HOLY F***

Wow... Amazing finale! Really don't have any other words to describe it other than that D;

I loved how Link made a comeback, and despite me being a Ganondorf fanboy I still think Link's actual death came too soon in that fight... The hand-through-chest Flame Choke was awesome nontheles xD
I can't help but feel another Zelda reference could have been made there (or perhaps before he was face-sploded) where he's got a fairy in a bottle. But I guess the finale was leaning toward being one huge pile of epic, rather than comedy, so it's all good :)

Amazing job on the Mewtwo trophy, did you base it's design after one of those fanarts that was made, or did you already have that in mind? And as a second question, is it still intact? (in case it was what Falcon tipped when he made his entrance) And a follow-up to that, will it be auctioned? Despite my lack of space, I'd definitely want my own Maffia Don MewTwo statue xD

Though I fan-gasm'd at Varia Suit Samus, I was a bit sad to see it wasn't the one mentioned a few months back (or well, it didn't look like it, but I need to watch the episode again.) Even so it was really nicely done, but I think what really irked me about that was how little she actually did :( Wanted to see her truly kick some ass, but with so much you needed to fit into the episode I guess I can't blame anyone of you, as you've clearly poured your all into making it as great as can be! Really, I think it's just these (two?) weeks of suspense over it's release that's been building up my expectations on "beyond godlike" levels.

The Butcher parts of the episode though... Wow, I've been officially mind-raped. Never seriously suspected Ness and Lucas to be the "butcher", but now after it is explained it all makes so much sense. Utterly brilliant! And like everyone else said, the Peach Doll was freaky as hell, mad props to Katherine for her stellar "twitchy-unnatural" acting, and though it was something I was half-expecting, I was hoping that Peach would have survived :(

As a previously mentioned Ganondorf fan I was a bit disappointed when it was revealed he wasn't the TRUE mastermind behind it all, but rather just thought he were. And when "MK" appeared and stabbed him I thought "Wow, it was Meta Knight who survived after all..." His dialogue did seem odd for him though, and then I saw the pink behind the mask and was like "HOLY SHIT!" and then that normally annoying but now severely creepy "Hiiii!" D; Then Ganny got his head chopped off, and so ends the trifore trio :'(

For a score, I'd give it 9.8/10, because it was DAMN near perfect, with only a few things which stood out as odd (which might very well just be me being an idiot :P)

So all in all, awesome episode and I can't wait for the chance to donate a certain sum of money to you fine folks, for a free DVD :P

Last edited by Zhiel on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 pm

lonewolf wrote:his name isn't DK jr, it's Diddy Kong
Alright, wait a minute. The original Donkey Kong was the one from the game, who captured Pauline. Then, the next game was Donkey Kong Jr. where DK Jr. saved DK from Mario. Then, Donkey Kong Country came out. The original Donkey Kong became Cranky Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr. was grown up and now just plain Donkey Kong. Diddy Kong is the new DK's nephew, making him the original DK's grandson. So, if the TWBB version of DK is the one that kidnapped Pauline, then the younger one must be DK Jr. before he grew up, not Diddy, who probably wouldn't even be alive yet.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:50 pm

No, it's definitely Diddy. He has Diddy's hat, he has Diddy's shirt, Diddy appeared in SSBB and DKJr didn't. It's Diddy.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:50 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:
Alright, wait a minute. The original Donkey Kong was the one from the game, who captured Pauline. Then, the next game was Donkey Kong Jr. where DK Jr. saved DK from Mario. Then, Donkey Kong Country came out. The original Donkey Kong became Cranky Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr. was grown up and now just plain Donkey Kong. Diddy Kong is the new DK's nephew, making him the original DK's grandson. So, if the TWBB version of DK is the one that kidnapped Pauline, then the younger one must be DK Jr. before he grew up, not Diddy, who probably wouldn't even be alive yet.
From what I have come to understand, TWBB does not necessarily match up with the canon of all of the games which it's cast are themselves from. Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong appear in TWBB, that's all you need to know.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 pm

AdmiralMemo wrote:

That whole Cranky Kong thing is something RARE came up with. I don't think Nintendo ever liked that idea, as I don't either. Since RARE left Nintendo, they pretty much make the DK we know today the same DK from the original Donkey Kong. Otherwise, Mario would be an old man too.

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:57 pm

SurgePox wrote:From what I have come to understand, TWBB does not necessarily match up with the canon of all of the games which it's cast are themselves from. Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong appear in TWBB, that's all you need to know.
Which Donkey Kong, then? The old one or the new one?
Joseppi wrote:That whole Cranky Kong thing is something RARE came up with. I don't think Nintendo ever liked that idea, as I don't either. Since RARE left Nintendo, they pretty much make the DK we know today the same DK from the original Donkey Kong. Otherwise, Mario would be an old man too.
I just thought perhaps apes aged faster or something.

Last edited by AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New post in the middle of posting)

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:02 am

AdmiralMemo wrote:
SurgePox wrote:From what I have come to understand, TWBB does not necessarily match up with the canon of all of the games which it's cast are themselves from. Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong appear in TWBB, that's all you need to know.
Which Donkey Kong, then? The old one or the new one?
Joseppi wrote:That whole Cranky Kong thing is something RARE came up with. I don't think Nintendo ever liked that idea, as I don't either. Since RARE left Nintendo, they pretty much make the DK we know today the same DK from the original Donkey Kong. Otherwise, Mario would be an old man too.
I just thought perhaps apes aged faster or something.
That one that is in super smash bros. These aren't really the characters as pulled from their series, they are given the TWBB twist, so in that sense they are different from any incarnation of that character.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:04 am

Besides, isn't the DK from Mario vs. DK 2 "New DK"? And he kidnaps Pauline (I think? She is in the game anyway).

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:08 am

I think you can look as Cranky as the origional DK or not and still be correct. But as Surge stated, TWBB's story isn't cannon with the games. I think the same goes with the Super Smash Bros. story.

Here is a quote from the Super Mario Wiki.

The original versions of the Donkey Kong Country series indicated that Cranky was DK's grandfather, and that he was the star of the first Donkey Kong game. Donkey Kong 64 then depicted Cranky as Donkey Kong's father instead. The remake of Donkey Kong Country 3 stated that Cranky Kong's first starring-game would be called "Cranky Kong Country", though he may have been talking about the first game he would be playable in, unlike his role in Donkey Kong. The Mario vs. Donkey Kong series subsequently stated that Donkey Kong has always been the main character. However, this was refuted by Mario Super Sluggers, which attributed Pauline's kidnapping to Cranky, though it was ambiguous about the two apes' relationship, merely claiming that Cranky was the current Donkey Kong's "ancestor".

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturi on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 am

Does the end mean that I think it means? *shock*

Naturi
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ivy alraune on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:29 am

Oh my jesus. I just finished it and I am absolutely speechless.

ivy alraune
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  InflatablePie on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:31 am

Man, I remember back when people were talking about Episode... 4?

"Hey, wtf are these kids doing in a dangerous alleyway anyways?!"

*blank stares*

*everyone else: "so anyways..."*

Razz

InflatablePie
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 am

Naturi wrote:Does the end mean that I think it means? *shock*
I'm not sure. What do you think it means? That Kirby is in league with Miyamoto or that he's there to kill him?

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top