Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Post  MFauli on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Okay, i just registered here for saying how great the whole show was. Thank you to everyone involved, fantastic job. I´ll try to get the DVD one it´s out, and if I may recommend it: A final cut, tying together all episodes as if it was one movie would be great.

Though, one question regarding the story, didn´t get it:
Spoiler:
So Kirby was the mastermind behind everything? If so, what about the first victims when he was in prison? Also, Ganondorf: So he kills Link and Zelda, only to be killed by Lucas seconds later. I guss Lucas and Ness are Kirbys underlings. But was Ganon only betrayed at that very moment? Because otherwise it wouldnt make sense for him to kill Link and Zelda.

PS: And it seemed Malon got more show time. Oh well, she´s a beauty Wink

MFauli
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Who did Mentok play?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lulz on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Couldn't ask for a better ending, though I think Snake and Sonic didn't get to show up for the finale.

Lulz
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Entlassen on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Unholy fucker of mothers, that was amazing.

Spoiler:
I actually really liked the fact the two Mother characters were the butchers all along. Sure, it was a bit of a cheap tactic to make the butchers a pair of characters that had yet to appear until the final episode, but god damn, they were genuinely terrifying.

Spoiler:
I found the whole G&W's Final Smash bit to be a bit anticlimactic, though. It was well done, but the fact that Mario so quickly destroyed it kind of made it seem... I dunno, not very threatening? Sure, it murdered tons of dudes, but it seemed kind of odd to kill it off so fast...

Spoiler:
I think that, overall, my favorite scene had to be Luigi discovering the hall of Trophies - it was just creepy as shit.

Entlassen
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Just got to say...
Spoiler:
HOLY CRAP!!! MIND BLOWN!!!
Watching again to try to get some more nuances I may have missed.
Also, loved the goofy credits! "Game and Watch" was played by "A Computer" lol! "Awesome" was done by "Matt Key" lol!

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:17 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:
DRTJR wrote:I think Ganon's Blood is a Dark shade of green

No, it was originally red, they changed it cause people complained. (Referring to Ocarina of time)
in the episode the blood looks green

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:30 pm

DRTJR wrote:
Shigeru Miyamoto was he dead, was he the one ordering kirby around

Miyamoto isn't dead; in the end credits it says the legs belong to Sakurai. Miyamoto was the one who walked through the door.

DRTJR wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:
No, it was originally red, they changed it cause people complained. (Referring to Ocarina of time)
in the episode the blood looks green

Maybe they changed it because red blood wouldn't show up well against green skin? Or perhaps to show that Ganon isn't human. Or maybe because it looks creepier Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:33 pm

When the next Smash Bros game comes out, everything will pick up where we left off Razz

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:34 pm

well there goes my plans for a ness and lucas mini comic! cheers matt and co! lmao. seriously tho it was fucking...yay! i actually cannot discribe it. itll need a new word like...awepitacullenstic! the only thing i predicted was kirby. everyone was awesome and i lolled so hard at the shiggsy reference at the end! ive got a lot of planning to do for the comics now i have the complete story lol

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eiron on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Entlassen wrote:Unholy fucker of mothers, that was amazing.

Spoiler:
I actually really liked the fact the two Mother characters were the butchers all along. Sure, it was a bit of a cheap tactic to make the butchers a pair of characters that had yet to appear until the final episode, but god damn, they were genuinely terrifying.

Spoiler:
Both appeared in episode 4, hence Ganon's speech about playing Luigi farther than he had ever suspected.

Eiron
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowDono on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:44 pm

After watching, I have... Well, I have several thoughts, but my first thought is mostly about how a certain blue-wigged actor is a lovable fuckhead.

I'm surprised (possibly disappointed?) that Mario survived. It doesn't hold to formula! He put down the bottle, that's a death sentence in this genre!

Otherwise, I thought it was pretty good all around.

SnowDono
Toad Thug

View user profile http://kowaiyukidono.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:45 pm

I don't think anyone has congratulated Marth for becoming Chief of Police.

Congrats, Marth! Very Happy

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 pm

I just watched it again. Really, there's only one thing I don't like, which is Link's death. I really wish his death scene had been a bit longer, or better yet, that he hadn't died. =P

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Outlaw wrote:I don't think anyone has congratulated Marth for becoming Chief of Police.

yes congrats marth! and a sad farewell to all those that fell Sad oh and thanx kirk for being a mindfucker lol. 'i was there only for my wifes scenes my arse'

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Entlassen wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
They had already appeared. Remember the alleyway, when Luigi was about to give up, when he remembered Peach's "One Child" quote? THAT'S what Ganon was talking about when he said that Luigi knew he was being played, but not how much. I'm thinking Ganon sent them there just to make sure Luigi didn't give up, and saw it through to the end. Also, clues were there for a while... The third Lakitu news said that "Eagleland leads in all psykinetic sports, though it has come under some scrutiny regarding the suspiciously underage appearance of its entrants." There were also all the "get into your head" things, and Olimar's brainwashed crowd.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Opening was masterfully ended by a creepily grinning Ganondorf. Did anyone notice how much greener and more like Ganon he gotten? I swear, I thought he was gonna transform
Dude! Me, too!
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Samus!! yay!! morphball mode, powersuit, awesome.
Totally!
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Kinda harsh what happened to Pit though.
Yeah, but he had it coming after some of the crap he did.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
I lolled softly seeing King Hippo.
Loved that bit.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Starpower bit dragged on a bit to long
Not for me. It was JUST long enough. Any more would have been too much.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Nana decided to dual wield the hammers by knocking Popo out
I actually said "Holy crap!" at that point.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
I can see why the editing team was busy so long though. great job.
Seconded!
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Peach doll... All the voices of people Luigi loved. Peach doll creeps me the fuck out.
Especially the blood at the end.
Avalanche91 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ending with Kirby and Miyamoto was fun too
Spoiler:
TWBB goes META!
MFauli wrote:
Spoiler:
So Kirby was the mastermind behind everything? If so, what about the first victims when he was in prison?
Spoiler:
I'm thinking Lucas and Ness were already evil by the time the came into the kingdom. They found Kirby through rumors of the cannibal and found him a kindred spirit. They met him at the prison and talked with him and then, what we know to be fact, they used Pichu and Roy as tests of their strength to do more.
MFauli wrote:
Spoiler:
Was Ganon only betrayed at that very moment? Because, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense for him to kill Link and Zelda.
Spoiler:
Of course, he never meant to kill Zelda. She just got it the way. But, I believe he knew he was going to be betrayed by them at some point, because he knew they were insane sadists. He just didn't know how long he had, and knew that the whole kingdom was going down in flames, so he thought he'd savor as much time as he had. Plus, his quarrel with Link is an old wound, of course.
romancing_train wrote:I want to have this on Dvd now D:>
Outlaw wrote:If I still have some money I am getting the DVD if one comes out.
MFauli wrote:Okay, i just registered here for saying how great the whole show was. Thank you to everyone involved, fantastic job. I´ll try to get the DVD one it´s out, and if I may recommend it: A final cut, tying together all episodes as if it was one movie would be great.
Yes! Need DVD now!

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SmashEd44 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:53 pm

My rant is long, so in the spoiler tags it goes.

Spoiler:

There are only three words to describe this...

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

This episode is amazing. It is a mastepiece. Where to begin?

The beginning was great. Everyone suiting up. I'm slightly dissapointed that that was Waluigi's only appearence, but it was a great appearence none the less. Yoshi's Head as a flag was.....somewhere between awesome and disturbing. Disturbingly Awesome?

I also wonder why Luigi didn't answer Mario's question about who killed Bowser. I found that curious.

When Luigi confronted Olimar, I thought he was actually the butcher for a second. Then I realized it's only 5 minutes in. The Butcher ain't even close. Olimar is so disturbingly awesome in this series.

I also noticed Ganon was a darker shade of green in this episode. I also half-expected him to transform. Especially during the battle with Link. Oh man. I knew Link was coming back, but not for such a short time. (Knew the Maxim Tomato extract would save him.) I guess the epicness of this episode just mindfucked Link. Get it? Cause his head exploded. Also liked how Zelda jumped in the way, but Ganon's fist went through her and killed both of them.

Why didn't Ganon just mindfuck Link from the start? XD

Samus's entrance was awesome. And I expected a Warlock Punch/Falcon Punch Collision/Explosion. Then comes the GW/Demon massacre. Oh god this is awesome. GW was done much better this time around. Love the King Hippo/Lil Mac confrontation. One punch and he's done. Also love how Lakitu was so distressed in this ep over the death of Bowser. Mario Starman FTW.

Then comes the Ice Climbers. Love how Fox and Marth went back to back. When Nana knocked out Popo, I was expecting Nana and Marth to embrace, since they were saying they were the butchers together. I can't believe I actually thought that. lol

Leaf gets her revenge on Wario. So epic. I love how Jigglypuff is all bandeged up and just hovers there for a second. Jiiigglyypuuuuuff!

Diddy with a gun is so hilarious. He seems so serious yet I laugh because his eyes are facing opposite directions. XD

And then comes the epic Game and Watch Octopus Massacre. It is too epic for words. Music fits perfectly. Nice King Kong reference by the way. I love how everyone just stared in terror.

Noooooooooo.... Not sandbag! I was gonna bid on that! *sadface*

Nooooooooo... Fox! Olimar! Oh god! I thought this was where Mario was going to meet his match, but destroying Demon Octopus via his Final Smash is just as epic.

The game and watch massacre is probably my favorite part of the entire TWBB Series, except for maybe the ending of 10. or the revelation of the butcher.

And then....HALL....OF.....TROPHIES!!! I so called that! The hall of trophies leading to the butcher himself. Mewtwo is so awesome in his fancy suit. XD

And then......HOLY F***ING SHIT!!! THE BUTCHER IS NESS AND LUCAS!!! ZOMG!!!

I have been mindfucked.

The butcher is revealed. Wowza. Didn't see that coming. Man, good job at making them as disturbing as possible. And then it is revealed it all comes back to Mewtwo. And Kirby. Backstory is revealed and all that good stuff.

Mewtwo tries to raise physic army but, with influence from the cannibal, Kirby, they betray him. Stuff him as a trophy. Ganondorf starts bleeding from the presence of pure evil. Then in comes Peach herself.

...Stuffed. Possessed. Dead. Evil. Man, most disturbing and scary part of the series right here folks. Ganondorf starts bleeding outta the eyes. Samus, Falcon, and Pit try to fend of the butchers. Get horribly mutilated. Pit gets his wings ripped right out of his back. Ouch.

Then Ganondorf gets stabbed with Galaxia. The butcher behind the butcher is revealed to be Meta Knight! MK minupulated Ness and Lucas all alo-

HIIIIIIIII~

The mask comes off and the one behind it all is revealed to be the cannibal Kirby himself. I almost shit my pants right here. XD He never ceases to freak me out.

Then Kirby beheads Ganondorf and all hell breaks loose. He jumps on Luigi, chews his face open, and Luigi blows himself up using a Fire ball and the Red Pikmin's remains from the explosion that killed Red. Bam!

Look at the pretty green light....

So looks like Diddy Kong, Mario, a toad, Pauline, and some other chick who's name I keep forgetting are the only survivors of the massacre down on the ground. That we see anyway. Oh, and Little Mac too. He's too awesome to die. Same goes for the distressed Lakitu.

So to put the next 8 or so minutes into a short block. Luigi survives. We get a flashback with Luigi and Peach after the Cannibal is taken down. Marth becomes the new Police Chief. The orphanage becomes a refuge from those displaced by the conflict. Samus is wearing an eyepath. Pit has no wings. Falcon has a messed up arm. Seems like the perfect bittersweet ending.

Then Luigi gets a phone call.

One final mindfuck.

Hello, this is Kirby calling for Luigi. I just murdered Sakurai and I am sitting at Miyamoto's desk, right now, at the head of Nintendo, ready to jump Mr. Miyamoto.

That's right.

KIRBY

FUCKING

MURDERED

SAKURAI.

AAAAAAND.

HES

GOING TO

AMBUSH

MIYAMOTO.

He is also wearing Ness's bloody cap. Which leads me to assume he took out Ness and Lucas. Man, what a mindfuck to leave it off with.

Man I love this series. A fitting Mindfucked end to an awesome mindfucked series.

SmashEd44
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  darklink42 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Avalanche91 wrote:

Spoiler:
Hall of trophies. awesome. How come Ness and Lucas are so bloody scary without any spoken word.

all in all, a eptacular final

Spoiler:
I think they were kind of talking through Ganondorf for a bit. That's my guess, and it explains why he ran after telling Luigi to kill them.

Spoiler:
I think my favorite part of this whole last episode is just how well Matt and the gang wrapped everything up. I'll admit I kind of wanted to see a cheesy scene where everyone comes back to life, but at the same time I think it was way more powerful and believable that they had to go on without those they had lost. I also like the tip of the hat to Miyamoto with Kirby, but I keep thinking I wanted it to be someone else on the phone. When Samus said he had a phone call, I had a feeling it was going to be him. But I think despite those small things, this episode was worth the wait. Good job to everyone involved, this has to be one of the best fan-made anythings to come out in a long time. Major Congratulations.

Now somebody just needs to make a CONGRATULATIONS picture with
Spoiler:
the survivors
just like you always get at the end of the single player modes of Smash.

darklink42
Toad Thug

View user profile http://darklink42.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:03 pm

glad for agreeing with me admiral Razz for obvious reasons I didnt quote it again

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowDono on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Outlaw wrote:I don't think anyone has congratulated Marth for becoming Chief of Police.

By that point they were kinda' running out of choices.

Erm, I mean, gratz, Marth.

SnowDono
Toad Thug

View user profile http://kowaiyukidono.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

I'm just saying!

Post  serenitynow on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm

I'm just going to come out and say it, Luigi should've hit Samus like the fist of an angry God. (Not beat her up, y'know, the euphemism...for sex).

serenitynow
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  missbelle on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I have been a lurker for a long time. I started watching this before it was on the escapist. But now I decided to come out of hiding and give my two cents.

Wow…

One of the things that have made this series so great is the attention to details, and this episode certainly paid attention to details. I loved the multiple twists before we learned who the butcher was and literally jumped when the butcher came on. The Brawl itself was amazing and the ending was perfect way to end the series.

So congratulations Matt and Zach for pulling off this amazing series (as well as a few mindfucks along the way Wink ).

-Miss Belle

missbelle
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gatoris on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:38 pm

I must say that this was definitely worth the wait.
Spoiler:
Brawl was had, as was promised; minds were fucked and blown at the same time (I seriously did not see Ness and Lucas coming); just enough backstabbings and betrayals, but not too many to be cliche; DEFINITELY should have seen Peach doll coming, but didn't, and nice callback to Silence of the Lambs at the end.

Now all I can say is keep getting well, Matt! Makes us appreciate you and the hell you put yourself through even more. Rest up, young godling...

Gatoris
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:40 pm

Commentary/On set footage anyone?

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  reiko_mars on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Thank you Matt and Zach for that and all the cast for making TWBB so awesome It was off the charts

Spoiler:
I think Leaf taking down Wario in revenge for killing red was my faviourte bit the whole stepping on the red's hat was perfectly done but I have 1 question, What attack did she call out when releasing jigglypuff it sounded like 'breast attack' is that right? The peach doll was so awesome and freaky

Last edited by reiko_mars on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hair = hat)

reiko_mars
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matti on Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:45 pm

She said "Rest attack". If you time it right in melee/brawl, it'll knock your opponent out almost guaranteed.

Matti
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top