Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Final episode is up, and HOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT. FINAL Episode 10 Thread!

Post  Niko Jims on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:58 pm

td260 wrote:
Niko Jims wrote:How come I don't see an episode 10 up? I really want to see it. Razz
It's at the Escapist, just not on the main site.
Thank you kind sir. Time to watch some epicness.

Niko Jims
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:58 pm

It probably wasn't just me. But did the starman scene vaguely remind anybody of 300?

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Niko Jims wrote:
td260 wrote:
Niko Jims wrote:How come I don't see an episode 10 up? I really want to see it. Razz
It's at the Escapist, just not on the main site.
Thank you kind sir. Time to watch some epicness.

No problem. Happy to help. And yes, it DID remind me of that one scene from 300, now that you mention it...

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:03 pm

14/f/cali wrote:It probably wasn't just me. But did the starman scene vaguely remind anybody of 300?

Now that you mention it... yes, yes it does.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 pm

At MAGFest someone asked if it was an Old Boy reference and they said yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:At MAGFest someone asked if it was an Old Boy reference and they said yes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA

How did I not notice THAT.......that is awesome. I loved Old Boy

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilMac on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 am

TheTJ wrote:
lilMac wrote:First of all I just want to thank everyone involved in this for putting together an amazing work of art. With all the garbage plots we are paying for in movies, video games and TV a free Webseries with intrigue, twists and extreme plot depth is a welcome breath of fresh air.

After watching the entire series with my girlfriend (she was the one who got me into the series) we both feel that the only real moment that sits uneasy with us was the revival and second death of Link. Yes, technically he didn't die the first time but in a way he was Reborn after Zelda stabbed him.

Though Links death at the hands of Gannon did allow him a 'Hero's death' we both agreed that we feel this didn't justify him coming back. Through the whole series it seemed as though Link would be the 'Redemable hero' who after all this hardship would regain his strength and have his own personal victories over the demons that plagued him. Though it could be argued that he had this at the end before gannon took his life at what cost was it? Did he really feel redeemed as he felt his life leave his body?

This may just be because Link is my girlfriends favourite hero of all time and I always feel saddened when hero's die (mine survived and even punched-out his arch rival). But other than that, and even with the way that panned out still an amazing series.

Well, there was a big enough hint that he'd survive dropped that I'd say you could expect someone to catch it. (The whole "Link almost not having enough of that healing tomato extract for himself") So if it helps picture the implied scene in which Link heals himself. That way, the scene of Zelda stabbing him is more about her betrayal than his "Death".

And welcome to the forums!

Thanks.

I think I may have been a little off in what I was saying before (typing at 3am can do that). The scene where Zelda stabs Link we found nothing wrong with that. That scene was actually really cool and fit perfectly with Zelda's line about if Link were the hero she needed she wouldn't need another man to step up. What we meant was the fight between Link and Gannon in Episode 10 that ended in Links death. Athough Link coming back to reconsile with Zelda and them both to die together was kinda cool it just didn't sit right with us to learn that Link wasn't really dead only then to kill him off a few moments later. Though we predicted Link would come back we didn't really feel as though he was able to fullfill his role in the last episode. After being stabbed it seemed as though Link had finally turned a corner and was becoming a hero again. Though he died a hero's death at the hands of Gannon did it have cause? Would Link in his last breath have felt more justified dying at the hands of Gannon then dying at the hands of Zelda?

In a way I suppose this adds a sense of realism to the story in that not everyone can save the day or share in the glory in real life and that sometimes you can turn your life around and end up worse off then you were, it just felt kinda.... odd.

Also probabally beating a dead horse here but did anyone else notice how much more gory the last episode was compared to the other 9? I can never look at Smash Bros Brawl the same way ever again.

lilMac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:04 am

Yeah that Link death was the most painful thing ever. That's why it was awesome.

I think in your situation, lilmac, you're trying DESPERATELY to milk something positive from it, and that's cool if that's what it means to you. But I wrote that moment to be really harsh and grisly and pave the way for Peach's reveal and just tear every semblance of hope from the audience.

Don't worry, you don't HAVE to like it. No one writes a scene like that thinking the audience will bust into applause or anything.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:33 am

zach also rises wrote:Yeah that Link death was the most painful thing ever. That's why it was awesome.

I think in your situation, lilmac, you're trying DESPERATELY to milk something positive from it, and that's cool if that's what it means to you. But I wrote that moment to be really harsh and grisly and pave the way for Peach's reveal and just tear every semblance of hope from the audience.

Don't worry, you don't HAVE to like it. No one writes a scene like that thinking the audience will bust into applause or anything.

Ohh.... Well... If we DID applaude, that's not BAD, is it?

(I might have clapped my hands together once or twice in the Ganon/Link/Zelda fight.)

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:38 am

It just means you're as messed up as me. Which is cool in my book!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:51 am

TheTJ wrote:
zach also rises wrote:Yeah that Link death was the most painful thing ever. That's why it was awesome.

Ohh.... Well... If we DID applaude, that's not BAD, is it?

(I might have clapped my hands together once or twice in the Ganon/Link/Zelda fight.)

I applauded that scene for the Sword Beam alone lol. IMO you wrote that scene really well Zach. I thought that even though Link's return was short lived, it was a beautiful moment. Both Link and Zelda dying at the hands of G'Dorf is the perfect way to see them out. If Link had killed G'Dorf and become a hero once again, then it would have taken away greatly from Luigi's final moment. However, Ganon's true form would have been awesome if you had the budget lol. Although Matt could have just worn a mutilated pig carcass Razz

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Falsetto on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:53 am

When Link died, I thought "Awesome, he killed Link like the cruel old bastard he is. And Zelda with him. Go Ganondorf!"
When Ganondorf was decapitated later on, I thought "Awesome, he died the same way as his nemesis."

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:04 am

Falsetto wrote:When Link died, I thought "Awesome, he killed Link like the cruel old bastard he is. And Zelda with him. Go Ganondorf!"
When Ganondorf was decapitated later on, I thought "Awesome, he died the same way as his nemesis."

I applaud your sadism sir lmao.

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:25 am

TheTJ wrote:

I did too, but that was to bring them to my mouth to hide a scream because I was mind blown by that scene.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilMac on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:01 pm

You defiantly succeeded in making that scene harsh and grizzly. I think whatever was left from my childhood was shattered when Link and Zelda died...... and if it wasn't shattered at that point when Peach leaned over and the blood poured out of her mouth that might have done it.

As an aside I can't wait for the DVD to come out. This is something that I'm going to sit about a dozen of my friends down in front of and watch as their jaws drop over the creativity of this series. Very Happy Counting down the days.

lilMac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Oooooh... This is gonna be awesome to watch on a 46' TV screen. Very Happy

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilMac on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:06 pm

BY2K wrote:Oooooh... This is gonna be awesome to watch on a 46' TV screen. Very Happy

Brawl with surround sound will be the most epic of wins.

lilMac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

I watched 10 on my 22" inch tv (not that much I know) and a 2.1 sound system with a VGA cable =P

Don't think I really have space for surround. Ah well, subwoofer is fine.

Also, the episode just reeks of childhood rape. Between the butchers reveal, Link dying, Peach and Kirby saying "Hiii!" and mercilessly lopping Ganon's head off, I just can't look at Nintendo the same way anymore. =P

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:06 pm

zach also rises wrote:It just means you're as messed up as me. Which is cool in my book!

This reminds me of MAGFest where people laughed when Yoshi was dead >_>

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 pm

Warchamp7 wrote:
zach also rises wrote:It just means you're as messed up as me. Which is cool in my book!

I personally believe that group-watching is a blessing and a curse. The curse being personally heart warming/wrenching scenes are probably gonna be laughed at by others... the blessing? EPISODE TEN. Pan shot of a coat rack with cape and a red hat.... THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseppi on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:06 pm

The Meta Knight wrote:
Warchamp7 wrote:

I personally believe that group-watching is a blessing and a curse. The curse being personally heart warming/wrenching scenes are probably gonna be laughed at by others... the blessing? EPISODE TEN. Pan shot of a coat rack with cape and a red hat.... THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE.

I wish I was there. Sad

Joseppi
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile http://zippygamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Teconmoon on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:23 am

Teconmoon
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:01 am

Teconmoon wrote:

I loled.

But it needed an 'of all time' in there. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

queen_camilla wrote:
Teconmoon wrote:

I loled.

I'mma let you finish, but I'm at full health and the hero of all time. OF ALL TIME!

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:27 pm

td260 wrote:
queen_camilla wrote:
Teconmoon wrote:

I loled.

I'mma let you finish, but I'm at full health and the hero of all time. OF ALL TIME!

Hahahahahahahaha. That actually made me laugh out loud. Well done.

Perhaps omitting the "all" the first time would make it even funnier?

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 6:36 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 19 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top