TWBB Map in Hammer

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:47 pm

It's the outer shell of Lavos from Chrono Trigger. O_o

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Never played chrono trigger Razz

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:56 pm

Outlaw wrote:Never played chrono trigger Razz

They have it out for DS now. It's alright. Way too overhyped though.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Mattox wrote:
Outlaw wrote:Never played chrono trigger Razz

They have it out for DS now. It's alright. Way too overhyped though.
Thy say NAY, it is the Greatest JRPG in history!

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:11 pm

Production on the map has gone down, since school is back. I will only work on weekends, sometimes Weekdays if I am motivated enough. But do continue with the decals! These are great!

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14 pm

DRTJR wrote:more tomorrow

Is... Is 1999 "Nigh"?

"The day of Lavos is PAST" seems more appropriate.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:21 pm

TheTJ wrote:
DRTJR wrote:more tomorrow

Is... Is 1999 "Nigh"?

"The day of Lavos is PAST" seems more appropriate.
there in domes it's the future

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 pm

DRTJR wrote:
TheTJ wrote:
DRTJR wrote:more tomorrow

Is... Is 1999 "Nigh"?

"The day of Lavos is PAST" seems more appropriate.
there in domes it's the future

Hmm...... Well, they WERE in domes...

Tell you what, let's just say they were using calanders which were 60 odd years behind ours. The REAL day of Lavos is 2069. Just in time for Megaman to show up in 20XX.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3527
Join date : 2009-12-24
Age : 26
Location : Behind You!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:23 pm

You know I MIGHT, hire someone else to map to ease my burden.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 am

More on the way



DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:32 pm

Pretty cool man

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Weldar on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 pm

You totally need to make a Who will watch the Game and Watch graffiti.

Also this entire thread is totally awesome.

_________________

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 2548
Join date : 2008-09-27
Age : 22
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Thanks and if anyone wants to make that graffiti go right ahead. Send it to me.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  DRTJR on Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Weldar wrote:You totally need to make a Who will watch the Game and Watch graffiti.

Also this entire thread is totally awesome.
i have that in the works with Meta knights mask instead of the smiley face

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3630
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Death Mountain

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:37 pm

So I just ordered "Custom Props & Animation" Noesis Interactive DVD from Valve. I plan on learning how to model so yea, I am continuing to map though.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:38 pm

Outlaw wrote:So I just ordered "Custom Props & Animation" Noesis Interactive DVD from Valve. I plan on learning how to model so yea, I am continuing to map though.

What program will you be using?

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:50 pm

XSI man. I like XSI.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeah, Softimage is probably the best way to go. It has a lot of plugins for easier use with Hammer, if you can find them.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  zach also rises on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:36 pm

This is awesome. I will play it.

Extra props if you can put a giant dead octopus on the top of a tower.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:37 pm

zach also rises wrote:This is awesome. I will play it.

Extra props if you can put a giant dead octopus on the top of a tower.

A giant dead octopus, eh? I might be able to swing something together. We'll see how far Outlaw gets.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 pm

I am honored to have you reply here Zach.

Well I received my Custom Props & Animation DVD today, so there is a chance that I can make my own props and such. Hopefully I can get back on track of mapping, school knocked my off my schedule.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  SiliconeSoldier on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:04 pm

I like what you've done so far! I work as an video game map artist, so it's fun to see how much work you've done already. Keep it up!

SiliconeSoldier
Riff Raff

Posts : 16
Join date : 2008-09-23
Location : Los Angeles

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks, I plan on doing more mapping tonight after dinner.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Actually Mattox, importing models is pretty easy. I just went through the first few chapters.. let me see if I can summarize how to do this by memory.

1. Once you have the model completed you create the model into 3 different types of SMD files. Idle, Phys, and Reference. Then create a .qc with all the properties of all 3 of those files.
2. Take the qc. file and drag it to studiomdl.exe. This will create the files needed in the game.
3. Check using the HL Model Viewer to see if it is correct. There is no texture.
4. Create a VMT and VTF.
5. Check the Model Viewer again, you should have a full completed prop.
6. All files should be in their right place, open hammer and test the prop out.

Pretty easy, though I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Steam. I keep getting this,

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012F170) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock

which is really starting to piss me off big time, because I have to restart steam like 3 or 4 times to get studiomdl.exe to work.

Well, I should use this last hour to map.

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Mattox on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Outlaw wrote:Actually Mattox, importing models is pretty easy. I just went through the first few chapters.. let me see if I can summarize how to do this by memory.

1. Once you have the model completed you create the model into 3 different types of SMD files. Idle, Phys, and Reference. Then create a .qc with all the properties of all 3 of those files.
2. Take the qc. file and drag it to studiomdl.exe. This will create the files needed in the game.
3. Check using the HL Model Viewer to see if it is correct. There is no texture.
4. Create a VMT and VTF.
5. Check the Model Viewer again, you should have a full completed prop.
6. All files should be in their right place, open hammer and test the prop out.

Pretty easy, though I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE Steam. I keep getting this,

SteamStartup() failed: SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012F170) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock

which is really starting to piss me off big time, because I have to restart steam like 3 or 4 times to get studiomdl.exe to work.

Well, I should use this last hour to map.

We weren't able to do it that way, because of networking and deepfreeze. It was a much more complex process involving the command prompt.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Map in Hammer

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:39 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum