Well holy shit.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Well holy shit.

Post  AdmiralMemo on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:27 pm

My biggest thing is that, until the characterization hits in the later episode, it just feels tacky and like it was simply put there to make it feel "gritty" or something. So, going straight in the first time, it doesn't feel like it's necessary, and could have been left out. Now, after seeing the series, we know it was necessary, but the foreshadowing could have used some work. (You know, like having some? Very Happy)

On the flip side, I'm glad that the actual sex in the sex scenes was mercifully short. 8 - 10 seconds of sex out of nearly 3 hours of show is pretty good. Compare that to The Matrix: Revolutions, where that scene that cut between the cave orgy and Trinity and Neo having sex seemed to drag ON and ON and ON, and was not really necessary, except the end of it, where Neo has the vision again. They really could have significantly shortened that bit in that movie.
queen_camilla wrote:I was just amused at how her crown stayed on.
Well, it did come off when she hit the pillow after finishing with Luigi. You can see her putting it back on when she gets up.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:32 pm

I've never thought twice about the sex scenes as "edgy" or anything. It's a part of life for the depraved, sinful pile of depravity the Mushroom Kingdom has become.

It's just sex, guys.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:43 pm

Easy for you to say. I am obsessed with Nintendo games, and I spend my free time playing them and chatting it up with a bunch of friends who, like me, Love a web series... about Nintendo stuff.

I don't know what sex is.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 am

just cause it fits here

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:17 am

Haha

Well, hey, I wasn't complaining about it, although I do understand what people are saying. I just thought it was pretty funny. =P

Uh anyway, we're off topic

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:22 am

JonnyJinx wrote:Uh anyway, we're off topic
Are we?

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  morphor on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:47 pm

zach also rises wrote:It's just sex, guys.

I would make a paragraph of how my mind is but...we don't need a long rant on my personal life into a discussion leading to an argument/flame war with me getting banned in the process even though I rarely post.

morphor
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I hope no one minds if I post a reply in here since I was part of the discussion and all.. and kinda forgot about the site and wanted to comment.

SurgePox wrote:The series is good and all, but I usually recommend that people at least watch it through episode 3 or 4, that's when, imo, it starts to pick up.
Yes, by the end of episode one I was completely hooked. As TheTJ said in his post, it's one thing to see some complete strangers in a movie or something, but seeing characters you've known almost your entire life (over 20 years for me) is just really awkward. I think Outlaw mirrored my reaction pretty damn well with his little quote:

Outlaw wrote:When I first watched it was like, "This is pretty nice.." *Luigi opens the door* "WHAT THE F-... awkward...."
I'm honestly thankful that it was short, and towards the beginning. Because once that was out of the way the rest of the episode just kept getting better and better.

I also get what people say about sex being "everywhere" today and I think that's part of what offends me to some extent. It really IS showing up everywhere even on normal television. You'd think that you could at least find a reprieve from it in something Nintendo-related. Unfortunately, I've seen SO many videos and articles and fan-this/that which no matter how interesting ends up sticking in a Peach/Mario sex reference. And as MagnusXavier said it could have easilly been worse because that had to have been the shortest reference to it I've ever seen so far. So yeah, I'm thankful it was short.

Other thing is the subject it making the place seemed more depraved and such. Well, I say that the Samus and various other girls-related scenes where it was rather brutally obvious how low the place had sunk more than met the requirements for showing the depravity. What I'm saying is that it just didn't seem to fit with here character. They kept saying how Peach was a beacon in the darkness, if the princess does so does hope, and how she was one of the only people trying to remain positive, etc... but it doesn't come across that way. The later scenes during flashbacks where we see her and such, those inspire that she's their hope and light. Yet the sex scene made her seem like she was just another female game character who had to stoop to sex to get by when the rest of the story kept trying to paint her in a different light.

...am I making any sense? I mean I'm not saying the other sex-related stuff in the show was offensive or dreadful or anything, hell the ZSS bit was damned expected cause I thought the same thing after playing Brawl. I just don't think that one section with her and Mario fit. The Peach Luigi scene made way more sense since they're supposed to have become a couple and such.

Ugh I dunno.. I feel like I'm shouting at a wall sometimes. As Zach said "it's just sex", and I guess some things just aren't sex to me. *shrug*

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:22 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top