Finale Interpretation Thread [Spoilers duh]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finale Interpretation Thread [Spoilers duh]

Post  Warchamp7 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:40 pm

Well, at MAGFest someone brought up how open ended the finale was in some aspects, are Ness and Lucas dead? etc.

Zach basically ran the guy in circles asking him how HE thought it ended and then he'd say he didn't know and how he'd like to know and Zach would ask him what he though and the circle of hilarity ensued for a bit.

ANYWAY, I thought I'd make a thread for discussing things.

My take on the ending:

At the end, we see someone dead on the floor, Kirby is at Miyamoto's desk. At the very end, a person resembling the dead guy on the floor walks out of the room. Presumably Kirby disguised as Miyamoto.

Now as we know, Kirby is the butcher and at the end, he is Miyamoto. Thus implying Miyamoto is the butcher or more generally saying how Nintendo has butchered their series.

I'm also going to say Lucas and Ness are dead. If anything Ness is dead because Kirby is wearing his hat when on the phone.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Finale Interpretation Thread [Spoilers duh]

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 pm

I'd say that's the correct interpretation too. I dunno if I agree with it though, I wouldn't go as far as to say Nintendo have butchered their series'. Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games of all time, and Zelda and Metroid are doing fine too. I'm not so fond of stuff like the Wii series though, so I'll agree with that respect. Razz

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 pm

No... It's KIRBY butchering the games, AS Miyamoto. For revenge or sumthin', I dunno.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:49 pm

That's what we said. =P

I'm just saying it might be a reference to the fact some of the game being for more casual or even non-gamers these days. They did it in Episode 1, so y'know. Razz

If not, it could just be Kirby butchering games that are yet to come. I dunno.

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:53 pm

The guy laying on the floor is Sakurai, as is shown in the credits, someone is credited as "Sakurai's Dead Legs." The man walking in is Miyamoto, walking into his office. We are to believe that he encounters Kirby there, and the confrontation between the two is left to our own imagination.

Last edited by SurgePox on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:54 pm

Yeah, I knew that, I just didn't mention it. It doesn't change the rest of the theory, fortunately. Razz

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:13 am

JonnyJinx wrote:I'd say that's the correct interpretation too. I dunno if I agree with it though, I wouldn't go as far as to say Nintendo have butchered their series'. Super Mario Galaxy is one of the best games of all time, and Zelda and Metroid are doing fine too. I'm not so fond of stuff like the Wii series though, so I'll agree with that respect. Razz

I agree with you on Zelda and Metroid but In my opinion there hasn't been a good Mario game since he left the N64 (excluding NSMBWii and Mario Party 4). I was honestly about to give up on the Mario series until NSMBWii came out which redeemed mario in my eyes.

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:15 am

...I hate Mario Party 4. =P

In all seriousness though, that's interesting. What didn't you like about Galaxy?

JonnyJinx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheHunted on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:22 am

JonnyJinx wrote:...I hate Mario Party 4. =P

In all seriousness though, that's interesting. What didn't you like about Galaxy?

To me 3D Mario really doesn't feel like Mario. I hated SMS and its probably in my Top 5 Shittiest games ever right below FFX. Galaxy I didn't like because it was almost like they tried to hard with it. I didn't like the jumping from planet to planet concept. I would have been much more satisfied with more Classic Mario concept in 3D style. Another problem I have with the series all together is all the spin offs. Mario sports games to specific. Its really just a sports game with Mario characters in it to make it sell copies. But that's capitalism I guess

TheHunted
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:18 am

Guys, this isn't a thread about which video games we like or don't like, take it somewhere else please.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:33 am

I'm glad you stepped in and said to stop when you did, Surge, or I might've gone on a tirade about the current state of the game's industry or something. (lol)

While what Warchamp says about Miyamoto being the true Butcher has some appeal (and I'll not go deeper into that), I do have to side with it seeming to be Sakurai that is killed and that Shiggy is either going to be attacked and killed by Kirby or that there was a hidden agenda. The confusing-ish part is that while it is labled as Sakurai's dead legs (and I can think of reasons why I'd kill Sakurai of I was him), it was labled as Shiggy's desk. So that still has me confused until I watch it a second time.

But all else aside, I really do think it was left open to drive the viewer made with wondering what exactly happened or would happen. It ends the way I think a lot of things end but aren't always shown/stated. That is to say, yes you seemingly defeated the villian, but did you really? Who is to say that you didn't just defeat the current villian, and someone else is waiting to take their place? It leads one to question whether you succeeded in winning at all, or if it's all just a mind-game meant to make you think something else will happen when nothing'll happen at all.

I'd personally love to know what happens next, but I know that I could easilly come up with something on my own. The only thing being that we'd never know if what we come up with, or what others come up with, is what would really happen afterwards, and therefore we'd always wonder if we were right or not. In a way, it's not unlike the dilemma a lot of Megaman fans find themselves in: what really happened between Classic and X?

The world may never know.

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DeftFunk on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:41 am

Kirby Killed Sakurai and presented him as a gift to Miyamoto. And thus continues his rampage elsewhere.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but this ending is quite similar to that of silence of the lambs.
It's on youtube actually. Right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_KgPAZrYU
If you scroll to 5:00 you'll see what I mean.

Anyway, can someone explain to me why Ness and Lucas were such bad guys? Gannondorf's long speech on that keeps flying right over my head.

Also, Why were the Game & Watches so hostile? And where exactly did they fit into Kirby's plot?

DeftFunk
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 am

Sakurai is the creator of both the Kirby series and the Super Smash Brothers series my take on the end there was that Kirby had essentially just killed god, I got the impression he was about to kill Miyamoto as well and he was at his desk so he would walk in and he could kill both of them in the same place but I dunno.

I didn't quite get all of Ganon's speech but from what I understood Mewtwo was trying to train powerful psychic children for his own needs at the orphanage and Kirby Hannibal lectured him into training them to be mindless killing machines or convinced the kids himself that's the part I wasn't clear on. But basically they were trained (or brainwashed or something I dunno) to be mindless killers and mimic Kirby's style.

From what I understood about the G&Ws they were some powerful ancient who were resentful about being left behind by the modern world or something like that. Basically they're the guys who were around right at the beginning and they're angry. I think they were just unleashed to cause chaos and help take down Bowser's army

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:10 am

All right, one more post and THEN I must get some sleep... I'm half asleep already, so I apologize if I'm a bit inaccurate.

Ness and Lucas were taken in by MewTwo after Kirby was put away. These children probably already suffering after the chaos from the Cannibal's reign, were then tainted and corrupted by MewTwo (a powerful mental-master himself). However, they either turned on him or simply grew more powerful than he'd thought possible, and they killed him after they killed the first two victims. Now, if I'm thinking clearly enough here, I believe it was Kirby's plan to have them do this all along. That is to say, continue causing death and chaos even after he was imprisoned. Of course, once Kirby was free he likely did not need them any longer.

I suppose one theory could go that Lucas was killed by the explosion, and Ness turned on Kirby only to be eaten in return. That's the generally accepted theory, I believe. But yeah, they were evil because Kirby and MewTwo made them that. It was one of the reasons that Paula was probably crying at the end, being a friend of theirs and all. It was no doubt a very disconcerting thought that someone so innocent as Ness and Lucas could have been darkened (sort of a pun, but also visual in their darkened eyes) to the extent that they could have been responsible for all the madness. Two little boys, uncontrollable and uncaring, brought the kingdom to its knees in a way that possibly even Kirby himself was impressed by (or even unpreparred for).

As for the Game & Watches... if you want to look at it from Bowser's point of view, they were the terror beyond the veil, the lurking horror. As someone pointed out elsewhere, G&W were like.. the first of Nintendo's creations, before even the Mushroom Kingdom existed. They were "the shadows from the ageless past" or however the line went. They'd always been there. All it took was someone of strong enough darkness to come along and "awaken" them if you will. It could be said that until Kirby came, the G&Ws were happy and content, but afterwards they became oppressed, taken for granted, walked upon by everyone. They all look the same save for colouring, you have no idea what they're thinking, they're expressionless. They're literally the darkness given form, if you will. It's pretty disturbingly accurate of the lurking horror, if you ask me...

Also the Final Smash Octupus form could be considered a reference to Cthulu, which is also a reference to the cosmic horror.

EDIT: Damn it I was ninja'd!

Last edited by Hiroshi Mishima on Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ninja'd...)

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 am

Well we know that the Gods supposedly left them as in Miyamoto and Sakurai moved, so I guess Kirby after being blown up was able to somehow find where they ran off to or perhaps he knew all along but didn't want to go there unless Luigi beat him which he turned out to do.

I suspect Kirby is actually working with Miyamoto and Sakurai, Bowser says that the towers started glowing when Kirby arrived, meaning that's when the 2 moved. Kirby must have caused them to move, and if he didn't eat them and knows their new location than they must have struck some sort of deal or something for Kirby to not eat them upon first meeting them. I suspect they offered Kirby the towers as their home if he was to not eat them and they fled. I suppose after being defeated Kirby took his anger upon the 2 since they were the only 2 that were still scared of him and wouldn't fight back like Luigi did.

@JonnyJinx: I like the Wii series. Sad

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:38 am

IMO, Kirby taking out Sakurai & Miyamoto meant now that Kirby's in charge of the show (he also could 'wear their skins' too, so he wouldn't even need to do anything else to become them). As such, now he controls the future of the entire Nintendo universe....

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  lonewolf on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:33 am

DeftFunk wrote:I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but this ending is quite similar to that of silence of the lambs.It's on youtube actually. Right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_KgPAZrYU
If you scroll to 5:00 you'll see what I mean.
because most of the the show is a parody of silence of the lambs

ANYWAYS:
Kirby killed Sakurai, and was waiting for Miyamoto to most likely kill him too. And Kirby killed Ness (and most likely Lucas) because he was wearing ness' hat.

lonewolf
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:26 am

But Kirby said that he's going to return some "relics" to an old friend, right? I don't think he's necessarily going to eat Miyamoto.

The question is, what does he mean with "relics"? The trophies?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:42 am

I think one of the TWBB crew at MAGFest pointed out how as of late, Samus has basically become a sex symbol.

Just one example of things declining, as well as Nintendo games becoming a little more casual.

I didn't notice the Sakurai thing in the credits though.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:49 am

Sanosukesama wrote:IMO, Kirby taking out Sakurai & Miyamoto meant now that Kirby's in charge of the show (he also could 'wear their skins' too, so he wouldn't even need to do anything else to become them). As such, now he controls the future of the entire Nintendo universe....

What about Reggie and Iwata?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am

BY2K wrote:
Sanosukesama wrote:IMO, Kirby taking out Sakurai & Miyamoto meant now that Kirby's in charge of the show (he also could 'wear their skins' too, so he wouldn't even need to do anything else to become them). As such, now he controls the future of the entire Nintendo universe....

No one cares about Reggie

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:47 am

Warchamp7 wrote:
BY2K wrote:

No one cares about Reggie

b-but....he's all about kissing kicking ass

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

And taking names, bitches!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:20 am

Well this is what I think, even though it is most likely wrong. I don’t want Luigi's explosion to be useless, so I think it killed Lucas. When Kirby and Ness survived, Kirby ate him as a last resort. As we all know, whenever Kirby's eats someone in his games he usually gains the abilities of that character. So since Ness is psychic, Kirby is now as well. Now I don’t want Miyamoto to be dead, so I hope Kirby, with his new powers, snuck into Miyamoto's office, killed someone who just so happen to be in there (his secretary perhaps), and used his psychic powers to control Miyamoto.

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/WorkshopofStupidity

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 am

WorkshopofStupidity wrote:Well this is what I think, even though it is most likely wrong. I don’t want Luigi's explosion to be useless, so I think it killed Lucas. When Kirby and Ness survived, Kirby ate him as a last resort. As we all know, whenever Kirby's eats someone in his games he usually gains the abilities of that character. So since Ness is psychic, Kirby is now as well. Now I don’t want Miyamoto to be dead, so I hope Kirby, with his new powers, snuck into Miyamoto's office, killed someone who just so happen to be in there (his secretary perhaps), and used his psychic powers to control Miyamoto.

Oh sh--!! Uber Kirby!

I WANT A SEQUEL!!! T_T

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:25 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top