Finale Interpretation Thread [Spoilers duh]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Finale Interpretation Thread [Spoilers duh]

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 pm

It's suppossed to be interpreted. It's art, man. Though I personally think it's pretty clear what happened.
Spoiler:
It's like how silence of the lambs ended, with hannibal tracking down that one guy

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pokemon.red.trainer on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:25 pm

SurgePox wrote:It's suppossed to be interpreted. It's art, man. Though I personally think it's pretty clear what happened.
Spoiler:
It's like how silence of the lambs ended, with hannibal tracking down that one guy

I have never seen Silence of the Lambs, so I just want to know what Kirby was doing in that room?

pokemon.red.trainer
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:33 pm

Then you are missing out on the parody. Also, we already have a thread for these kinds of simple inquiries.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pokemon.red.trainer on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:43 pm

SurgePox wrote:Then you are missing out on the parody. Also, we already have a thread for these kinds of simple inquiries.

Can you please just explain to me what happend?

pokemon.red.trainer
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Like, it's meant to be interpreted, so I really can't. I can tell you what I got from it, but it wouldn't necessarily be correct, it would just be my interpretation.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  twistedpupet on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 am

Rocks fell and everyone died. That's what happened.

twistedpupet
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:26 am

Well according to the credits, it's "Sakurai's Legs" on the floor... and Kirby is in Miyamoto's office. What is this supposed to mean? Put very straight this ending is the classic "The End... Or is it?". Is it over? Is it not over? As far as the physical series being over: YES, yes it is. As far as continuity and "in-game" story: Maybe?.

Kirby is obviously quite done toying with the Mario Brothers and moving onto bigger fish to fry.... or is he? Is Kirby just getting revenge on the people who left the Mushroom Kingdom, Hyrule, and Dreamland to fester... or is this his way of congratulating them on a much larger scheme?

Having talked with Matt Mercer and Zach Grafton about this in person at MAGfest (almost ad nauseum by the end of the night) the end is whatever we fans deem it to be. The series is over, as sad as that is. The story can still go on. Like most things this absurdly epic, nothing ever ends so quickly and succinctly.

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  twistedpupet on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:45 am

The Meta Knight wrote: "wisdom"

I like your explanation better. Smile

twistedpupet
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:35 am

Thread merged. Also, Mr. pokemon.red.trainer
pokemon.red.trainer wrote:Can you please just explain to me what happend?
Mind your manners. If a mod says we already have a thread for something, you should look for that thread, instead of demanding an answer in the duplicate you made. Now please, give a read to the rest of this thread, and if you still have doubts and/or different opinions on this subject, post them here. Always search the forum to see if a certain thread already exists before creating a new one.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycho666Soldier on Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:01 am

I would definitely agree with the ending is saying that Kirby is working with/for Miyamoto. Who knows, maybe even Sakurai was killed because he realized this and tried to interfere? I think that personally if the ending was implying that Kirby killed Miyamoto, There would have been probably 5 secs more, where you at least see the body of Miyamoto reacting to the sight of Kirby or something, but who knows.

A lot of heat has been on Miyamoto from hardcore gamers who believe they have been abandoned by him because most of the games that come out now are nothing more than casual, family fun fare. Notice the similarity in the basis for the story where everything has gone to shit after the Gods/Creators (Who happen to be Miyamoto and Sakurai) abandoned their creations. So with that pretense, it would make sense that this is a shot at Miyamoto, saying that he's the real mastermind behind all this, "butchering" his creations, either abandoning them or killing them off altogether, much like could be said for many of the newer generations of games from classic, beloved Nintendo franchises. (Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid is about all you get, and some would argue that the newer titles in those series are weak.)

Regardless, that's how I saw it, but some of the symbolism and "Why this happened"s that I read were pretty good interpretations too. I have to admit I did get a little lost during Ganon's speech at the end, mainly because I could not hear every single word that he said.

Psycho666Soldier
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:21 am

I kinda thought it was a final power play. Those fools could fight and kill over the mushroom kingdom, but Kirby knew where the REAL power was, and he knew what he had to do to get it.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:45 am

Wow been a while since I set foot here, much less in this topic. Some interesting stuff popped up while I was away, notably PsychoSoldier's post, which I thought was worded quite well, and of course TMK had some pearls of wisdom as well.

If we're to take them serious that it's "open to interpretation" on our parts, then this' what I'd at least partly come away with:

Kirby kills Sakurai because he stuck stuff into Brawl that wasn't necessary (ie: spoiling parts of Mother3 for fans waiting on a translation, tripping, etc) and his casual attitude when he leveled the entire tier and tournement-esque feel of the series by sticking in Final Smashes. Zero Suit Samus, and giving us "it's not meant to be a competition, I want everyone to have fun" and some of those stupid challanges... but that's me manifesting my own disappointment with Brawl in general.

I could see him going after Miyamoto for much the reason that PsychoSoldier mention, what with him seemingly abandoning the longtime fans. However, in the case of Zelda I know that Aonuma is trying to make the series better and greater with mixed success. Mario.. I think his mainstream adventuring days have passed as he gives way to far too many sports titles and party games. Only the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series have really captured my heart among the last 10 years of his career. And Metroid.. oh gods don't get me started... I can only pray to the gods that Other M doesn't turn out the way I'm afraid it will.

But as for the story within TWBB... I dunno, really. I personally had hoped for a reset button for poor Princess Peach, but I suppose there's the possibility that Luigi and Samus'd hook up. Of course that leaves Mario in a bind what with Bowser being gone and Peach being gone, unless he hooks up with Pauline, but even then a huge chunk of what made him Super Mario vanished by the end of the story. Let's not forget that Hyrule's remaining community absorbed into the Mushroom Kingdom lost their own share of heroes, too. Eh, it's "that time" where my thoughts become heavy, and I don't think it's good for me to dwell on things right now.

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 am

Oh crap. I just realized something.

Samus lost an eye in the finale, therefore robbing her of depth perception.
Is this Zach Grafton's snide way of commenting that he likes 2D Metroid better?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycho666Soldier on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:21 pm

You know, I never looked at it that way...but I could see that being very possible, because it seems like there is a good chunk of subtle symbolism in this series.

Psycho666Soldier
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivienne Vex on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Hell, pretty much every other small detail can be considered a symbol. But this dose not mean that that is a bad thing. I love all of the little things like that.

Vivienne Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:Oh crap. I just realized something.

Samus lost an eye in the finale, therefore robbing her of depth perception.
Is this Zach Grafton's snide way of commenting that he likes 2D Metroid better?

I think this is one of those things where we're reading too far into things. But Zach and crew said they loved it when we did that XD

I still like my whole 'Space Pirate' joke.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm with Spont here, I think Zach would totally do that.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:04 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top