Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:13 am

and I will answer it.

The only question I will NOT answer is "what does the end Kirby scene mean?" because I don't want to.

We filmed that scene at the very end of a very long shoot and everyone was dying in real life. It was originally meant to be totally different but communication was pretty bad and we didn't have certain items. Not even I know what the fuck is going on anymore.

However, that scene WAS always meant to be open-ended and make you answer your own questions. In THAT respect, it is the same, if 75% more "wtf."

Any other question is awesome!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:19 am

Alright cool. Al in al how was the trip from going to small idea to creating what is in my humble opinion the best webshow?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:30 am

If it was a cereal what flavour would it be?

へんたいですね?~

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:31 am

Avalanche91 wrote:Alright cool. Al in al how was the trip from going to small idea to creating what is in my humble opinion the best webshow?

It was interesting. I learned a lot and gained a lot from it. It was also exhausting and I learned a lot from that, too.

All in all I would say it was "scrumtralescent." (Also I think your humble opinion is also scrumtralescent.)

edit: Scrumtralescent flavor.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 am

ok, slightly less twbb related....what is scrumtralescent Smile is that one of those words the cool kids are using?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:35 am

Are you as sexy as you seem.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:19 am

How was Bowser poisoned? Was it the Gdubs or Lucas's snake?

Also, why is Olimar so fucked up?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:How was Bowser poisoned? Was it the Gdubs or Lucas's snake?

Also, why is Olimar so fucked up?

Lucas's snake. This will be more apparent when we release the DVD edit. There's a whole slew of voice over clues from previous episodes that I guess they were too busy to work in.

The demons drove Olimar crazy. This is one of the reasons the Gdubs found him "lacking." But to be fair, not even Ganon faired THAT much better.

The other two questions are not TWBB related so I skipped them!

Last edited by zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 am

How did the idea of Ness and Lucas being the butchers came up? And did you want to make it possible to the viewer to guess it was them or was it suppose to be a mystery until the very end?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 am

BY2K wrote:How did the idea of Ness and Lucas being the butchers came up? And did you want to make it possible to the viewer to guess it was them or was it suppose to be a mystery until the very end?

I wanted the clues to be there but not obvious, hopefully, until you already knew the answer. Then you would all go "oh man!" and punch yourselves.

I was inspired in the way I layered the mystery by JK Rowling and her Harry Potter endings. Especially the third one, where all the clues about Peter Pettigrew are RIGHT there except for the one missing connecting thread: that he and the other three Marauders were BFFs (which is hinted at by the Map). Obviously I hate the movie for editing all of that out.

In this case, the missing thread was Mewtwo's connection with Kirby (which I clued in vaguely in episodes eight and ten). If that thread had been apparent, you all would have scrutinized Mewtwo's goings-ons and figuring out the oprhanage connection right away. I think Gorblax or someone even ruminated on Ness and Lucas when Lakitu mentions the orphanage at the end of episode two.

The idea came from the kids being a great way to play "under the radar" with viewers' expectations and that they would be awesome as Children of the Corn style creepy mccreepersons.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:49 am

zach also rises wrote:Lucas's snake. This will be more apparent when we release the DVD edit. There's a whole slew of voice over clues from previous episodes that I guess they were too busy to work in.

Darn. Alright so, is there any significance of the bottle the G&W is holding in Episode 9?

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 am

zach also rises wrote: It was originally meant to be totally different but communication was pretty bad and we didn't have certain items. Not even I know what the fuck is going on anymore.

What did you have originally planned for the ending? I totally loved the ending (in a 'spray-drink-over-screen' way), but I'd love to know what your original vision was.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 am

JonnyJinx wrote:
zach also rises wrote:Lucas's snake. This will be more apparent when we release the DVD edit. There's a whole slew of voice over clues from previous episodes that I guess they were too busy to work in.

Darn. Alright so, is there any significance of the bottle the G&W is holding in Episode 9?

Nope. Christian just gave him a bottle.

What did you have originally planned for the ending? I totally loved the ending (in a 'spray-drink-over-screen' way), but I'd love to know what your original vision was.

I already said I wouldn't! Maybe someday. Sorry, it's for your own good.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 am

Is Warchamp an asshole?

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:57 am

Looking back over all 10 episodes, is there anything you would want to change? Be it dropping/adding a scene, altering a scene. That type of thing?

Also, what was your favourite, and least favourite scenes and why?

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phobia13 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

I seem to be the only one asking, so I'm probably missing the obvious here, but I'm still a little fuzzy on the order of events in Mewtwo's/Kirby's past and the connections everyone had to each other. The way I understand it, Mewtwo trained Ness and Lucas first, and then Kirby (before he was caught) influenced them, or is the other way around? And why did Kirby help Mewtwo rise to power, was it just to ensure his psychic proteges were being properly conditioned?

Then, the GWs apparently presented Ness and Lucas to Ganondorf, which of course he gladly used to start offing his competition. I assume the GWs knew of Ness and Lucas simply because they have eyes all over the streets, but how much of this was orchestrated by Kirby, and how, if he was already in the asylum?

Phobia13
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am

Alright, first off I have a question about the orphanage. I understand that it is now being used for the survivors who need somewhere to stay, which basically means everybody. However there were a few characters who I didnt see die but I also didnt see join the orphanage. Like Waluigi, King Hippo etc. So I ask, did you plan on anything happening to them or were the actors just not avaliable?

Also, do you think some episodes on the DVD will have commentary from you and Matt?

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/WorkshopofStupidity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 pm

JGH27 wrote:Looking back over all 10 episodes, is there anything you would want to change? Be it dropping/adding a scene, altering a scene. That type of thing?

Thanks JGH Razz I asked this over in the general questions thread, but its more appropriate in this thread now ;P What'd you guys think Senor Zach?

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  SeaDragonLife on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:07 pm

We know Luigi got two capsules from Olimar, and he gave them both to Ganondorf. We know one was passed on to Zelda, who gave it to Wario to use to kill Red, probably because he would have been able to guess Mewtwo's psychic army plot. Rumors were going around saying the second capsule was filled with white Pikmin that the GW's used to poison Bowser. If Bowser was poisoned by Lucas' snake, then what happened to the second capsule? confused

SeaDragonLife
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Ok I'm gonna try to answer all these in order before I take an awesome nap. Warchamp's question should answer itself.

JGH27 wrote:Looking back over all 10 episodes, is there anything you would want to change? Be it dropping/adding a scene, altering a scene. That type of thing?

Jeez man, these are too hard! I probably would have simplified the Zelda/Shiek thing, which was never meant to cause confusion but due to various factors came out harder to follow than I had anticipated. Link knew Shiek was Zelda, and so did Lakitu, who was blackmailing her for information. So she fed Lakitu info that would serve her own (and Ganon's) ends. She appeared to kill him and stop him from leaking that she's a drag queen to Luigi and co. Link and Shiek's relationship was taking a huge nosedive due to Ganon's influence, which is was tearing the kingdom apart.

Also I would have had Bowser explain Ganon's motivations a little more so that Ganon could have just focused entirely on the butcher reveal.

I don't know about any favorite or least favorite scenes but you only get one question per post! So ask again later. Wink

I seem to be the only one asking, so I'm probably missing the obvious here, but I'm still a little fuzzy on the order of events in Mewtwo's/Kirby's past and the connections everyone had to each other. The way I understand it, Mewtwo trained Ness and Lucas first, and then Kirby (before he was caught) influenced them, or is the other way around? And why did Kirby help Mewtwo rise to power, was it just to ensure his psychic proteges were being properly conditioned?

Then, the GWs apparently presented Ness and Lucas to Ganondorf, which of course he gladly used to start offing his competition. I assume the GWs knew of Ness and Lucas simply because they have eyes all over the streets, but how much of this was orchestrated by Kirby, and how, if he was already in the asylum?

Ganon told that story in chronological order.

I didn't go into a lot of detail because the details don't matter, and are cooler if you puzzle them out yourselves. You're not missing anything. There's a lot about absolute evil and abandonment, and the idea of coming to terms with what you have left when the concepts of childhood good and childhood evil are destroyed. I wanted to let you do what you want with those ideas because they mean a lot of different things to all of us.

Some idiots accuse "open" endings like that to be cowardly or lazy, but no one (who matters) ever listens to people like that. Rest assured I know exactly what I think happened, but why hold YOU to that?

Narratively it's all explained: Kirby came, fucked up Mewtwo, Mewtwo fucked up the kids, the demons (feeling abandoned and "needing" what the kids represented) found Olimar, didn't like him, found Ganon, lead him to the kids, Ganon thought he could handle it, he couldn't, TWBB begins.

The demons' involvement was always intentionally vague, narratively speaking, because it's cooler that way.

Alright, first off I have a question about the orphanage. I understand that it is now being used for the survivors who need somewhere to stay, which basically means everybody. However there were a few characters who I didnt see die but I also didnt see join the orphanage. Like Waluigi, King Hippo etc. So I ask, did you plan on anything happening to them or were the actors just not avaliable?

Also, do you think some episodes on the DVD will have commentary from you and Matt?

Honestly a lot of the Brawl deaths were pretty random at the time we shot it. Also Lakitu was originally supposed to die by Squid but we didn't have time to film his death... so he didn't die. hah. But that was AFTER we'd shot the orphanage stuff, so we couldn't put him back in. (Actually, I do prefer Lakitu staying alive.)

BTdubs, were the Ice Climbers at the orphanage? They should have been, we shot them and everything but I forget. Well, if not, they survived, look for them in the DVD edit.

what happened to the second capsule? confused

He used it at some other juncture! He was a busy man, that Ganondorf, and Pikmin have a wide assortment of abilities.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:45 pm

And just because I saw people ask these in other threads...

Leaf is now taking care of Waluigi. He's very happy but he misses brother. She's probably taking care of Paula, too. Why not?

Leaf had Jigglypuff because Luigi never took him. Jigglypuff was clearly dead when he was given it, so he put it down with Red before he covered him up. I'll try to make sure this is more clear in a later edit.

Leaf used her masterful bandage skills to patch up the Jiggz before the final battle.

Yes, Wario fucking died.

All the non-Jigglypuff Pokemon died in the explosion but for some reason weren't on set that day so uh, they evaporated.

Sonic and Snake ummmm drank too much of End of Days's suicide punch and died before the final brawl.

Of course, this is all just MY opinion and if you don't like it you can change it. Boomshaka.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:49 pm

Were yall planning on having R.O.B in more episodes or was the statue thing the only part he was suppose to appear in?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:52 pm

So, these edits you're gonna make. Are they gonna be reupped to The Escapist or are they gonna be DVD exclusive?

(don't worry, I'm gonna get the DVD either way. Razz)

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Phobia13 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Thanks for the answers, glad I was on the right track. I figured the GWs themselves were supposed to be a bit ambiguous (aren't all faceless demons?), and I've always liked open-ended endings as well.

So as a bit of an aspiring writer myself, a more technical question: I know you probably pretty much had the butchers and the basic story outlined from the beginning, but when actually writing the specific scenes in the specific order they appeared, how much of the story's progression was written/decided from the start, and how much was written for each episode after the previous one had already been put together? (I've always assumed that much of the script for an episode in a serialized storyline would preferably be written after the last episode was complete, but time restraints would seem to prevent that...)

Phobia13
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Llama874 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

What exactly happenned to Metaknight? I'm assuming he was the charred body Mario saw, but who killed him? Was it Wario's fireflower or Kirby? If it was Kirby, how did Metaknight get burned; and if it was Wario why did he lie about it?

Llama874
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 11:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top