Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Ansem on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 am

Faux-Bee wrote:Call me silly, But Toon Link where?

Ep 9, on the picture of "young" link, there was a toon link drawing.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

Posts : 1965
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 24
Location : At the place with the thing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  JonnyJinx on Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 am

Another question. Did Ganon ever try to kill Mario or Luigi before Episode 10? I can think of a few times, like in Episode 7 he might've had the Ice Climbers kill Luigi if Link hadn't gotten in the way, he might've ordered Olimar to kill Mario in 8 and he might've sent Luigi to get killed along with Bowser in 9.

Are any of those right? Is there anything I'm forgetting? And if he never tried to kill either of them, why not?

Also, why are there both mushroom people AND koopas in Ganon's army?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. Razz

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Raya on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:11 pm

zach also rises wrote:Ike is dead, that's clear in another Lakitu segment that's not up yet.


Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Can't wait for the news segment. I demand that my heart must be wrenched. WRENCHED I SAY.

_________________
HG/SS Friends Code: 2364 8721 9695   B/W Friends Code: 2193 7770 9554   X/Y Friends Code:1805-2682-3033
"Foxes never lose their tricks, do they?" - Quaetman
"We'll be going about our business one day and then someone will be like "hm, where's Barda" and Raya will all suspiciously be like "WELL DON'T LOOK AT ME"..." - Rocket Admin Camilla
King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 4550
Join date : 2009-08-19
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm

Sanosukesama wrote:Dude.........you're now even higher on my role model list than Abraham Lincoln. & THAT guy ended the civil war! No but seriously this would have potentially become epic, <3 the AW series, but from a story telling standpoint yeah, I can't really figure out how to squeeze those guys in there.....well, maybe with the 'army' tag, perhaps, or tying them with Solid Snake....?

They were originally supposed to be the people Mario's army fought at the end. But I changed it to Bedraggled Citizen Soldiers because the army is just... an army, and the point is to show the kingdom imploding on itself.

SurgePox wrote:Have any projects lined up now that TWBB is all done?

Indeed! Hopefully I will be shooting my next pilot at the beginning of February.

JonnyJinx wrote:Another question. Did Ganon ever try to kill Mario or Luigi before Episode 10? I can think of a few times, like in Episode 7 he might've had the Ice Climbers kill Luigi if Link hadn't gotten in the way, he might've ordered Olimar to kill Mario in 8 and he might've sent Luigi to get killed along with Bowser in 9.

Are any of those right? Is there anything I'm forgetting? And if he never tried to kill either of them, why not?

Also, why are there both mushroom people AND koopas in Ganon's army?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions. Razz

Ganon was playing the kingdom against itself, not necessarily just trying to kill heroes off. He ultimately wanted the kingdom to destroy itself. Ganon's army is made up of all the scared people who have nowhere to go, not any one single faction. Koopas and Toads can get along, man!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:38 pm

Because people have been asking this lately in other threads ill ask you then to clear everyone's confusion...

When will the site/downloads/episodes be updated?

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 pm

Outlaw wrote:Because people have been asking this lately in other threads ill ask you then to clear everyone's confusion...

When will the site/downloads/episodes be updated?
Hasn't this been answered? Matt is MIA and we will have to wait.
gregdestefano wrote:
Outlaw wrote:I only assumed seeing as the posts on the front page say, "Posted by Matthew Mercer".

Ya, updating is all Matt as far as I know. He has been stupid busy doing auditions for new voice acting roles, so... someday he might update.

_________________
Keeper of the keys
llll llll llll llll llll

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 7702
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 24
Location : SoCal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Yea, I know. But Greg didn't seem 100% sure, so I decided to ask Zach here, but more than likely Greg was right. Cool

..
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 3646
Join date : 2009-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  MagnusXavier on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 pm

he's been on facebook to post a youtube video lol. best of luck to him for the auditions though. he's an awesome actor

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 29
Location : UK

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Shy Guy Red on Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:52 pm

I have a small question, in relation to your answer to JonnyJinx's last question.

You say that Ganon's army is the ones that can run to no one, those that have nothing to live for, this is much like Olimar trying to create his army in episode 8. Are these 2 armies the same? Was Olimar doing what he did by Ganon's orders or of his own free will?

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

Posts : 351
Join date : 2009-10-24
Age : 26
Location : Wisconsin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Leaf on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:45 pm

zach also rises wrote:
Leaf wrote:Someone knows the name of the music played when Mario is destroying G&W Octopus form?

No, but hopefully we will soon!

Sad oh damn... thanks anyway Smile

By the way do you have the number of Red? (Kyle Blythe) Rolling Eyes just to say hi, j/k

Leaf
Riff Raff

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-01-02
Age : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:24 pm

Shy Guy Red wrote:I have a small question, in relation to your answer to JonnyJinx's last question.

You say that Ganon's army is the ones that can run to no one, those that have nothing to live for, this is much like Olimar trying to create his army in episode 8. Are these 2 armies the same? Was Olimar doing what he did by Ganon's orders or of his own free will?

That army became Mario's army. Whether End of Days was acting under Ganon's orders, or Game and Watch's, or his own dementia, is up for speculation! I like to think he was working on the demons' behest.

By the way do you have the number of Red? (Kyle Blythe) Rolling Eyes just to say hi, j/k

I will give it to you for $100.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Robzula on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

What exactly was Ganondorf's motivation? He seemed to think everyone was doomed because the sheer evil of the butchers, so was he just trying to outlast everyone else by appeasing the butchers, or did he just want a hand in society's undoing? Or did he think he could somehow control the butchers?

Robzula
Riff Raff

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 25
Location : North Dakota

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Serras-Kai on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Did you at any time change the plot drastically or switch who the killer was because a fan guessed a little too close to the truth?

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

Posts : 944
Join date : 2009-02-18
Age : 25
Location : Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:21 pm

Robzula wrote:What exactly was Ganondorf's motivation? He seemed to think everyone was doomed because the sheer evil of the butchers, so was he just trying to outlast everyone else by appeasing the butchers, or did he just want a hand in society's undoing? Or did he think he could somehow control the butchers?

He was originally working to destroy the Mushroom Kingdom from the inside but that changed once he realized the immense evil he had unleashed. Toward the end he had just given himself up to it and wanted to go down with the rest of the world just to escape Ness and Lucas.

Did you at any time change the plot drastically or switch who the killer was because a fan guessed a little too close to the truth?

Not because fans were guessing, but certain elements of the plot did evolve in certain ways as the story went on. The biggest development was that I decided to make Ness and Lucas the butchers prior the shooting episode three - before then it was just going to be Ganon, which would have been super obvious and boring since he's CLEARLY up to something shady from his very first scene.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Two questions. One, what all did you use from the fans, or use to make fans happy (Like Mewtwo costume)

And two, Are you just a writer, or do you do theatre as well?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Posts : 5848
Join date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:34 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Two questions. One, what all did you use from the fans, or use to make fans happy (Like Mewtwo costume)

And two, Are you just a writer, or do you do theatre as well?

Hmm, we used the Mewtwo costume and the Mewtwo portrait for sure... man, it's hard to keep track.

I am indeed only a writer. It's all I can do in life!

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Mattox on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:35 pm

zach also rises wrote:
SnakeInABox wrote:Two questions. One, what all did you use from the fans, or use to make fans happy (Like Mewtwo costume)

And two, Are you just a writer, or do you do theatre as well?

Hmm, we used the Mewtwo costume and the Mewtwo portrait for sure... man, it's hard to keep track.

I am indeed only a writer. It's all I can do in life!

I dunno, I hear you can hold a pretty mean boom mic.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Iliad on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for the answer Zach, I appreciate it. I'm just kind of surprised it was just meant for shock value, I had thought red's death was enough to satisfy that.

One last thing though:

Wash's death came after he had an effect on the plot, getting them past the twin armadas and landing them at Mr Universe's complex. After delivering them he died, 1 as shock value and, 2 to show that they were not out of danger yet and that landing alone wasn't the end of their worries. ALSO to show that the reavers were still there, and that a climactic showdown was to occur.

My only beef with link dying was that he accomplished nothing. Even showing Zelda the error of her ways was trivial in that she died moments later unable to actually do anything about it.

And before some wise ass pops up with a "Oh yeah when what would you have done differently?" I would have had Link and Ganon kill each other. The two long time rivals finally dead, lying in pools of blood at each others feet. Ganon would still be allowed a short monologue giving some insight into the murders and allude to who the killers actually are, and would die knowing he also killed his sworn enemy. Link will have killed the bane of his country, an evil force within the new kingdom, and will have proven his worth. A meaningful death for both.

Schwapap. Cliche you might say, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 163
Join date : 2009-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 am

I disagree, I don't think that would have been a good way to end it. Although Link and Ganon are enemies within the canon of their games, they seem to be relatively indifferent to each other in the world of TWBB. They weren't sworn rivals, they are just two dudes who both probably were bummed to see Hyrule fall. If it hadn't been for Ganon manipulating Zelda into manipulating Link, I could see them getting along, possibly working toward a common goal of getting Hyrule back.
I digress, however. Link got his redemption just by coming back. Link's redemption wasn't in altering the events just before he died, it was a personal redemption. Same could be said for Pit and Captain Falcon. Neither of them really did much to defeat their enemies, but they were redeemed in our eyes from abandoning our heros when things started to go south.
Something I think is also of note, if Ganon had died right there, we would have lost his fuckawesome, nosebleeding confession to Luigi, while having his mind raped by two children. That was one of the highlights of the entire series, if you ask me. I would hope you would at least agree with me that that part was awesome.

_________________
Your Favorite Deputy.
Brawl FC: 0173-1007-4314
Steamid: surgepox

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

Posts : 6292
Join date : 2008-10-12
Age : 26
Location : San Diego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Mattox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:38 am

I just think it would have been nice if Ganon hadn't walked out of that fight virtually unscathed. It would have been cooler if the reason why Ganondorf finally succumbed to their psyionic barrage was because of his fight with Link. Link could have managed to wound him, and that would have drained Ganon's strength, enough so that the kids would finally completely dominate him.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:50 am

Iliad wrote:My only beef with link dying was that he accomplished nothing.

Right, and that was exactly how I wanted it - just brutal and quick and dead. and POINTLESS.

Trust me, I GET what you're saying. But that's it. He DIDN'T accomplish anything.

I would also agree with Surge's post that it was a personal redemption, but you don't have to care about that if you don't want to.

I just think it would have been nice if Ganon hadn't walked out of that fight virtually unscathed. It would have been cooler if the reason why Ganondorf finally succumbed to their psyionic barrage was because of his fight with Link. Link could have managed to wound him, and that would have drained Ganon's strength, enough so that the kids would finally completely dominate him.

Ganon wasn't supposed to wander out unscathed, he was supposed to be beaten down. These things change when filming actually occurs though, for lots of reasons (most noteably, too small a budget for everyone to meet and get on the same creative page).

So, there's your fun fact for the day!

Keep in mind my point of views always stem from my scripts - NOT the final product, so there may be some discrepency.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:51 am

Hey where's that girl who wanted Kyle's number I seriously need that $100

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Mattox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:52 am

zach also rises wrote:
Iliad wrote:My only beef with link dying was that he accomplished nothing.

Right, and that was exactly how I wanted it - just brutal and quick and dead. and POINTLESS.

Trust me, I GET what you're saying. But that's it. He DIDN'T accomplish anything.

I would also agree with Surge's post that it was a personal redemption, but you don't have to care about that if you don't want to.

I just think it would have been nice if Ganon hadn't walked out of that fight virtually unscathed. It would have been cooler if the reason why Ganondorf finally succumbed to their psyionic barrage was because of his fight with Link. Link could have managed to wound him, and that would have drained Ganon's strength, enough so that the kids would finally completely dominate him.

Ganon wasn't supposed to wander out unscathed, he was supposed to be beaten down. These things change when filming actually occurs though, for lots of reasons (most noteably, too small a budget for everyone to meet and get on the same creative page).

So, there's your fun fact for the day!

Keep in mind my point of views always stem from my scripts - NOT the final product, so there may be some discrepency.

That's what I wanted to hear. Smile

I appreciate that things often need to be changed. It's the intention behind them that I care about.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

Posts : 104
Join date : 2010-01-09
Age : 26
Location : Kelowna, BC, Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  JonnyJinx on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:00 am

So was Ganon, to any extent, working with Kirby? Like, discussing things from within the jail, etc?

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-06-25
Age : 24
Location : England

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 am

Mattox wrote:That's what I wanted to hear. Smile

I appreciate that things often need to be changed. It's the intention behind them that I care about.

Sometimes they NEED to be changed, but in this case (and many cases), the Brawl creative team just wasn't able to get together to share the same vision. It was a great lesson for all of us, moving onto other proects.

For example, Link's death - that moment rides a lot more on how the visual handling of it than what is written on the page. It's a totally different scene visually than it is on paper. And I mean that in a very REAL sense - that's not some new age BS. It's nearly tangible.

So was Ganon, to any extent, working with Kirby? Like, discussing things from within the jail, etc?

No, not at all. Ganon and Kirby's paths only intersected at the end when he came for his progeny.

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

Posts : 560
Join date : 2008-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum