Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Raya on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:08 pm

zach also rises wrote:
What did you have originally planned for the ending? I totally loved the ending (in a 'spray-drink-over-screen' way), but I'd love to know what your original vision was.

I already said I wouldn't! Maybe someday. Sorry, it's for your own good.

Aww. Now I'm going to be speculating like nobody's business. Can we ask you about it sometime in the future, ala Freedom of Information Act? Wink

zach also rises wrote:Jigglypuff was clearly dead when he was given it
Leaf used her masterful bandage skills to patch up the Jiggz before the final battle.

Wow, Leaf is one hell of a Pokemon Nurse. Or a necromancer Shocked

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:13 pm

zach also rises wrote:I already said I wouldn't! Maybe someday. Sorry, it's for your own good.

I smell DVD alternate ending.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Llama874 wrote:What exactly happenned to Metaknight? I'm assuming he was the charred body Mario saw, but who killed him? Was it Wario's fireflower or Kirby? If it was Kirby, how did Metaknight get burned; and if it was Wario why did he lie about it?
I think Kirby just burned him WITH the Fire Flower.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:31 pm

Kirby burned him with the fireflower and took his mask, cape, and sword. Wario found Meta Knight's burnt body and the fire flower. Since the body did not have a cape or sword on or next to it, Wario assumed it was Kirby and everyone figured since Kirby was dead Meta Knight just "left". Wario took the fireflower. This gave Kirby the coverup for the ending.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Meta Knight on Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 pm

Raya wrote:
Leaf used her masterful bandage skills to patch up the Jiggz before the final battle.

Dude, she used a "Max Revive". Obviously Smile

The Meta Knight
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jumpingwhitebean on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Would you happen to know how the Falco/DeDeDee beaks were made?

jumpingwhitebean
Dedede's Enforcer

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/jumpingwhitebean

Back to top Go down

Post  BustaJonesGavin on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:13 pm

Craft foam to the rescue!

BustaJonesGavin
Marth

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hki6m0bifg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:15 pm

How was the scene when Ganon gets his head cut off done? Was it a green screen?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:19 pm

BY2K wrote:How was the scene when Ganon gets his head cut off done? Was it a green screen?
It was made with hax! Cause no mere spiky sword can truly hurt the King of Evil D; [/denial]

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh man, creator/writer answer thread! I have GOT to take advantage of this later.. when I'm not in a rush. I already see one or two questions that I was curious about answered, and am glad to know that I was basically right on those counts.

Quick question then, cause I'm in a hurry: Someone in another thread mentioned that they were responsible for making and providing the Power Suit/Varia Suit Samus used in the final episode. I heard they weren't credited, and am curious if that was an accident or what?

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:42 pm

I assume they forgot to put that in the editing process.

Tough times then. Tough times.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eryngo on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Were you planning to have an Ike & Marth scene? I heard something along the lines of the actor who played Ike moving away, so you had to kill him off. Is this true?

Eryngo
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ivy alraune on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 am

So if Samus could hear Ness whacking Dedede with the baseball bat from the next room, why didn't she intervene? That's the only thing I'm still stuck on.

ivy alraune
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 am

She couldn't hear from all the other noise. I think she states that in Episode 9.

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:10 am

Where did you get the idea for the 4 Lakitu segments, and do they serve any special purpose?

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:12 am

5 Lakitu segments actually, since there's one on The Escapist that isn't on the site. Razz

Are you gonna add that one (the Bill O'Reilly one) to the site anyway?

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:35 am

Outlaw wrote:Were yall planning on having R.O.B in more episodes or was the statue thing the only part he was suppose to appear in?

He was supposed to be with End of Days at the end. And then (okay, OKAY, I'll say it!) he was supposed to be with Kirby in the very end scene. That's why Kirby says the thing about relics returning to old friends. Also he was wearing the Triforce. So it was like, Kirby + Ness hat + ROB + triforce.

Ohhh man more to come...

zach also rises
One whom tells the tales...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:41 am

JonnyJinx wrote:So, these edits you're gonna make. Are they gonna be reupped to The Escapist or are they gonna be DVD exclusive?

(don't worry, I'm gonna get the DVD either way. Razz)

Hopefully reupped wherever we are hosted in the future, be it the escapist or anywhere.

Phobia13 wrote:
So as a bit of an aspiring writer myself, a more technical question: I know you probably pretty much had the butchers and the basic story outlined from the beginning, but when actually writing the specific scenes in the specific order they appeared, how much of the story's progression was written/decided from the start, and how much was written for each episode after the previous one had already been put together? (I've always assumed that much of the script for an episode in a serialized storyline would preferably be written after the last episode was complete, but time restraints would seem to prevent that...)

The overall story was "decided" way back when, but I wrote every episode at a time. However I think it would have been way better to do it all at once, had I had the time and money to do so.

Llama874 wrote:What exactly happenned to Metaknight? I'm assuming he was the charred body Mario saw, but who killed him? Was it Wario's fireflower or Kirby? If it was Kirby, how did Metaknight get burned; and if it was Wario why did he lie about it?

Yeah let's put this one to bed once and for all. I'm actually surprised that there's so much confusion about this but I guess you all are crazy conspiracy theorists and I only have myself to blame! Mario drops the Fireflower in ep seven. Kirby kills and burns Metaknight with that same fireflower and then takes his face/mask. Wario finds the fireflower and dead Metaknight and assumed it was Kirby. That's all folks. (unless you WANT it to be more complicated... then by all means make it so!)

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:45 am

Haha, I meant Jiggly clearly LOOKED dead so Luigi set her aside. It's a bummer that that moment wasn't clear, because Leaf killing Wario was supposed to be this huge "JIGGLYPUFF LIVES!" reveal to get the audience clapping.

BY2K wrote:How was the scene when Ganon gets his head cut off done? Was it a green screen?

I actually don't know because there was a security guard patrolling the building and we weren't supposed to be on the roof. Which is where I think it was shot. So only the most necessary people were up there, because walking on the roof made a lot of noise.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:50 am

Quick question then, cause I'm in a hurry: Someone in another thread mentioned that they were responsible for making and providing the Power Suit/Varia Suit Samus used in the final episode. I heard they weren't credited, and am curious if that was an accident or what?

Yeah it was an accident. It will be rectified.

Eryngo wrote:Were you planning to have an Ike & Marth scene? I heard something along the lines of the actor who played Ike moving away, so you had to kill him off. Is this true?

SUPER true. But I really liked stabbing him and making Marth sad so I think it worked out. Falcon and Pit were gay-couple enough for any one webshow.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:56 am

ivy alraune wrote:So if Samus could hear Ness whacking Dedede with the baseball bat from the next room, why didn't she intervene? That's the only thing I'm still stuck on.

That's part of the awesome movie making process. It's a saying that movies are written three times - when written, when filmed and when edited. When I wrote that scene, there was a door between Samus and Dedede. In filming there was just this... cloth thing. Although she didn't know what she heard, just a solid thunk, and there was a lot going on at the moment. Also De's girls were there. So in hindsight she was like "oh, he was being MURDERED" but at the time she was out of her element enough to be distracted by the cops, who showed up right then anyway.

so I don't think that ended up as a plot hole after all.

Where did you get the idea for the 4 Lakitu segments, and do they serve any special purpose?

They were a cool way to get information across that we didn't have time for in the show, and allow Jordan some comedy time. There are three more Lakitu segments (or maybe four?) that we just didn't have time to release before the finale. Which sucks because they really do have a lot of clues in them. So uhh. Enjoy, whenever we get to putting them up!

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shy Guy Red on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 am

Thanks, will they be on the DVD at least?

Shy Guy Red
Cannibal Suspect

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:22 am

Hopefully!

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Falsetto on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:49 am

Will the DVD have undertitles available?
As already mentioned, it's somewhat hard to understand the dialogue in some occasions, for me Mario was a main "culprit" because of his Italian accent + shouting most of the time.

And, related to the series itself - what gave you the idea of making the space animals Eastern European smugglers?

Falsetto
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  zach also rises on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 am

Falsetto wrote:Will the DVD have undertitles available?
As already mentioned, it's somewhat hard to understand the dialogue in some occasions, for me Mario was a main "culprit" because of his Italian accent + shouting most of the time.

And, related to the series itself - what gave you the idea of making the space animals Eastern European smugglers?

I hope we can give them subtitles, yeah. They don't have an option for that yet because that's all in the Escapist's park. I'd love to have multiple languages too.

The accents just seemed like a good idea at the time. Wink It seemed to make sense to make them more predatory (because that's what they are) in Brawl's world. The accents just went along with that, making them shady arms dealers in the worst part of town.

zach also rises

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top