Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ask Me A TWBB Related Question

Post  Avalanche on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:37 am

Hey, I loved that eastern european accent. Hell, I put it up everytime I pick fox in ssbb just to annoy my friends Razz

I can easily make dutch subtitles Razz all you have to do is ask.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lavaros on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:40 am

I was wondering why you decided to go with Luigi as the central protagonist? (not that I consider it a bad move, just curious)

Lavaros
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:49 am

Another question: Is Donkey Kong dead by the end of the series? Mario pounded him pretty brutally, but one Mushroom Kingdoom News segment implied that he's still alive.

Also, concerning the DVD, I'm willing to help with Finnish subtitles. I think we can get quite a lot of different subtitles if all of us "foreign" fans help with it.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:57 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:I think we can get quite a lot of different subtitles if all of us "foreign" fans help with it.
Yes!! Go us! \o/

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:02 am

With every question you answer Zach, it makes the DVD even better. I seriously can't wait to get it.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 am

I can help with the German subtitles Smile

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Warchamp7 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:24 am

Why were the Ice Climbers outside Mario's house just before Mario finds Yoshi dead.

Warchamp7
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:49 am

Warchamp7 wrote:Why were the Ice Climbers outside Mario's house just before Mario finds Yoshi dead.

Yoshi wasn't one of the Butchers' victims. If he were, he'd have had a skin trophy with Roy, Pichu, etc...

Instead, what I think happened at least, is that Yoshi was killed by the Ice Climbers who put his head and some organs into Marios bed. They were just messing/intimidating Mario in a Godfather like manner. It had nothing to do with the butcher.

As for why they were hanging around, I bet they'd want to see Mario's reaction. They're pretty messed up.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

TheTJ pretty much nailed it. That or they had just got done putting the body there.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunzelino on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:44 pm

How did Samus get that eye patch? Or is that something for our imagination?
Also, Another one. I'm assuming Kirby ate Ness, since he has his hat, but what about Lucas?

Gunzelino
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Gunzelino wrote:How did Samus get that eye patch? Or is that something for our imagination? [img]http://www.inplaatsvaneenleven.nl/community/Smileys/Ipvel/Face_Mischief.gif[/img
Lucas pulled her eye out with MIND POWERS/Luigi's explosion

Good enough for you?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Why was Red killed, I always thought he was killed to provoke Luigi like Yoshi was killed to provoke Mario but what some people have been saying about him being able to figure out Mewtwo's plans kinda makes sense.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:52 pm

zach also rises wrote:Falcon and Pit were gay-couple enough for any one webshow.

Sad

I have to admit, I really like the relationship between Marth/Ike (you've made me ship them now, Goddammit). Marth's reactions and Isaac/Saki's comments make me believe that their relationship wasn't quite as in the open as Falcon/Pit's; hell, maybe they were just in the flirting/fuckbuddy territory, but it was pretty clear Marth had some stronger feelings. This is another vote for a hospital scene! Not a passionate "OMG I LUV YOU" "ME TOO!" scenario, but something like Marth visiting the comatose Ike. I think it'd give him a nice little bit of character development, and make us all feel a bit sad too.

Speaking of which, an argument I've been having with my friends- is Ike actually dead? Although we hear that he's in a very bad condition (and Navi confirming that things are deteriorating), it never outright states that he died, just that he was unlikely to pull through. Did Ike live? Or is it left to our imaginations?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Raya wrote:Speaking of which, an argument I've been having with my friends- is Ike actually dead? Although we hear that he's in a very bad condition (and Navi confirming that things are deteriorating), it never outright states that he died, just that he was unlikely to pull through. Did Ike live? Or is it left to our imaginations?
In one of the Lakitu news segments he reports that Ike's condition had worsened and he isn't expected to make it through the night. I assumed that translates to: bitch gonna die.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gunzelino on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah, Marth took Ike's Ragnell, so he most likely died.

Gunzelino
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zhiel on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Gunzelino wrote:Yeah, Marth took Ike's Ragnell, so he most likely died.
Obviously, he took it so he could "fight for his friend(s)" 8D

Zhiel
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://bleachedsouls.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  lilMac on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Are there any characters from the Nintendo universe that you wish you could have added to TWBB but couldn't due to time/money/impossible to make costume?

Also are there characters that you wish you didn't have to put into TWBB because of similar reasons or because of general dislike for that character?

lilMac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfold on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Not really TWBB related in terms of script or episode writing, but what was the worst part about working with the Escapist? You guys said there were quite a few cons about being under their contract at MAGFest, but I'm actually quite interested in seeing what hindered you guys most (or just pissed you guys, and I imagine Matt Mercer much more, off the most). However, at the same time, was there anything that you could not have accomplished if it hadn't been for that contract and looking back would you have chosen a different contract (assume that the other contract would be reliable, though I assume they weren't as popular)? Or even another question, was the amount of funding you were supposed to receive higher than what other contracts offered?

Tenfold
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Well take the forced endorsement for Zero Punctuation, then go from there.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Outlaw wrote:Well take the forced endorsement for Zero Punctuation, then go from there.

Pretty sure in the 1 chat thing Gavin said Paul and Matt just did that on the spot. Think Iliad had asked about it.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fetts on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:54 pm

So were all Gdubs suppose to be evil demons or were there some good ones too (i.e the bartender at falcon's place). Or were they just biding their time?

Fetts
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 pm

I'd guess second option, hence Luigi's surprise.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowDono on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:46 pm

This is a storytelling geek question. Fair warning.

Film noir hasn't been done the old Hayes Code way for a while. There's a lot of storytelling elements that are so old they're new at this point, things people don't know about or pay attention to. Now, you did a lot of senseless death near the end, and most of it was pretty classic noir storytelling, which is what drew my attention to Mario's survival.

I'm not complaining, it just stood out to me, in the middle of this story that would have fit in during the Bogart era (if you take out the video game/supernatural elements, at least) that one of the biggest death knells didn't play through. (He decided to clean up. That is usually about when you know the angry guy is going to die horribly.) So I'd like to know, from a storyteller's perspective, why did you choose to let Mario live?

SnowDono
Toad Thug

View user profile http://kowaiyukidono.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:49 am

SnowDono wrote: So I'd like to know, from a storyteller's perspective, why did you choose to let Mario live?

He's Super!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:37 pm

Was there any further backstory between Kirby and MetaKnight planned that didn't make it into the show. As I'm sure everyone knows they seem to be from the same species or planet, and look very similar.

Indeed, when Kirby was found "dead" I actually assumed that MetaKnight had indeed won but had become so corrupted by Kirby that he had adopted his persona. The fact that the two used the same costume helped, too. Obviously it was quite the contrary, but I digress.

So yeah, was there anything more to that written or discussed, or was it simply what was filmed is all she(or you, in this case) wrote?

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:11 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top