There Will Be Brawl Trading Cards

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: There Will Be Brawl Trading Cards

Post  Hans on Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:21 am

SnakeInABox wrote:Should have given him the ability to Die really early in the show.

Cause he did. lulz

i c wat u did thar.

Hans
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:51 am

AdmiralMemo wrote:First off, backup, backup, backup! Second, what was "wrong" with your computer that it needed "fixing"?

I've found everything, so no harm no foul.

And as for what was wrong, it was nothing. My father runs on Win7 and im on vista. He thinks that they are exactly alike and tried to "fix" what made them different (like the taskbar, start menu, the everything.)

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 pm

I AM BACK!!!

Last edited by mastermerrick on Sat May 15, 2010 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Put in another card)

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Wed May 19, 2010 9:06 am

hey... i need two quotes. One for Samus, and one for Peach.

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobinDragonryder on Wed May 19, 2010 10:11 am

For Samus, I dunno. I'll have to re-watch the series. *Is going to use that excuse to re-watch the series this afternoon.*

As for Peach, either "Pull yourself the fuck together" or the "One child...we are never beyond redemption so long as we can hear the sound of one child's laughter." (I think that's right--I'm at work so I can't look up the exact quote right now.)

RobinDragonryder
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Wed May 19, 2010 11:21 pm

Hans wrote:
Serras-Kai wrote:
<Ike Card>
Yes I made that ability up.

Why didn't you just give him Rampage 3 (whenever this creature attacks, if it is blocked, it gains +3/+3 until end of turn.)

Because I wanted to make a new ability even if it had the same effect as an old ability, so I did.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu May 20, 2010 8:52 pm

RobinDragonryder wrote:"One child...we are never beyond redemption so long as we can hear the sound of one child's laughter." (I think that's right--I'm at work so I can't look up the exact quote right now.)

Close. It's "One child... we are never past redemption as long as we can hear the laughter of one child."

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri May 21, 2010 4:28 am

Quaetam wrote:
RobinDragonryder wrote:"One child...we are never beyond redemption so long as we can hear the sound of one child's laughter." (I think that's right--I'm at work so I can't look up the exact quote right now.)

Close. It's "One child... we are never past redemption as long as we can hear the laughter of one child."
What was it your princess was so fond of saying? As long as you can hear the laughter of one child?

G-dorf FTW

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Fri May 21, 2010 3:16 pm

How did I not do this one first !?!?!?!?!

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri May 21, 2010 3:29 pm

i dunno but it looks good Very Happy

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Fri May 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Nice, although main character or no I never thought Luigi would be so dramatically powerful Razz.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RobinDragonryder on Fri May 21, 2010 11:19 pm

I need to print these out and put them in my M:TG deck. Seriously.

And as far as the Samus quotes go...how about "Let's look at the fucking facts, Luigi!" (I have no idea why I like that line so much). Or "Don't worry boys, I'll protect ya!"

RobinDragonryder
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Tue May 25, 2010 7:24 pm

I have for you tonight...

Last edited by mastermerrick on Tue May 25, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add more cards.)

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mastermerrick on Tue May 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Quaetam wrote:Nice, although main character or no I never thought Luigi would be so dramatically powerful Razz.

And the explosion he created that damn near tore off the roof of the tower? I'd say that about covers it.

mastermerrick
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 pm

It's Wa! =D

that my fav character right there Very Happy

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 pm

mastermerrick wrote:
Quaetam wrote:Nice, although main character or no I never thought Luigi would be so dramatically powerful Razz.

And the explosion he created that damn near tore off the roof of the tower? I'd say that about covers it.

I'd think that would be a Pikmin artifact or something similar.

Anyways nice work on the new cards!

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:41 am

I just created a set of 62 (so far) cards. I'm done about half of them. Half of the rest need screenshots. The other half need good mechanics/casting cost/power/toughness/etc. Be prepared to see them soon. Smile

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Card count has jumped to about 80, and I'm about 2/3 done. I've included new mechanics that have been released since I first started working on them, like Phyrexian Mana and transforming double-faced cards.

Here's what I have so far: http://ping.fm/MFBsp

I'll link to the actual images rather than the gallery once I'm fully complete.

Note: I started off working with these in the future-shifted style, but a transforming future-shifted template hasn't appeared yet, and neither have future-shifted tokens, so I went back to Modern. (R.O.B. and Mr. Game & Watch are in the old style for reasons that should be obvious.)

Last edited by AdmiralMemo on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info about style)

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Some of those cards are so, so, SO OP. Captain Falcon could win you a game by himself, almost. I'd look through the whole thing but studying for a test right now. From what I did see though, none of those creatures were really big. A lot of 1/1's, 1/2's and the like. Bowser is unstoppable, except by aforementioned Captain Falcon. Or a creature enchanted with the hammer(I lol'd at the hammer granting death touch, really I did). Granted, as I said, I didn't look through the whole thing, only about the first 25 or so, so there could be a lot bigger ones out there that I haven't seen yet. I'll take a more thorough look later to see the rest of it.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Ganon should be more powerful Razz.

Not to mention Link's sword beam could 1-shot him, clearly against what happens in episode 10.

They're pretty awesome though, I like. +1 for you.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Thanks for the advice. Adjustments have been made. A few cards added and some pictures adjusted.

Captain Falcon has been scaled back slightly, and added to his cost.
Bowser's meant to be nearly unstoppable, but he's really difficult to bring out. At GGGG, you want to play him in a mono-green deck. However, that makes you skip out on his abilities. In a Green/Red deck, it'll take until end-game to get him out. Also, remember that Green usually has really big creatures anyway.
Ganon's been buffed a bit. However, I have to counter the statement made that Link could 1-shot him. Link can't 1-shot Ganon because Ganon's got Shadow and Link doesn't.
Regarding the Hammer (and by extension, the Star), I know they're over-powered, but that's kind of the point. I changed the Hammer to BBB instead of 1BB to counteract this. The Star, I've changed to WUBRG on an inspiration. (When using the star, your colors go rainbow! Also, it made the card go yellow. Very Happy) The other thing, though, is that they're one-use. I originally had them as equipment, but thought that they'd be way over-powered as Equipment.

Most of the cards are weak, but have specific powers, pretty much just like in the series. Like Lil' Mac is just a simple pinger, but he's specifically played against King Hippo. Thirdly, there are so many cards that almost by definition need 2-color or even 3-color decks.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:02 am

Ya, Bowser *should* be strong, I'm not saying he needs to be nerfed, not at all. Was just saying, with how every other card (again, the few I've seen) is a 1/1, 1/2, 2/1, you would have to sacrifice at least four creatures. If there are stronger ones that I haven't seen, no problem then. All I meant. Also; hammer was definitely not Op. it was an instant and not an enchantment. MTG has plenty of cards like that. (unless I remember it incorrectly anyways, and is an enchantment. In which case, yes, op.)

I do play MTG myself, ya I know that green has the strongest creatures Razz I can't play green myself though, very few ways to combat flying creatures, and almost no way to deal with the other player's 1/1 creatures that have "on tap" abilities because you can't indirectly harm them.

I myself use a red and white deck. Plenty of indirect damage spells to get rid of those on tap nusiances, and white to give me flying creatures and more life points. It's handy.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:46 am

Your issues with Green are why I like Green/Red myself. You get the powerhouse creatures from Green and the easy removal from Red to deal with the "on tap" and flying creatures. Smile

Still tweaking the cards. If the transforming future-shifted template comes out, all of these are going back to future-shifted style, like I had them at first.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:14 am

Ok, just looked through all of them. Very nice for the most part, though the star is pretty worthless. No one in their right mind uses a deck with all five colors in it. Escape artist is GREAT, I lol'd. That's a big sacrifice for all that land, but everything considered with how slow Escapist was, perfect. I like it. The Tri-force is good for what it is. And finally, we have the whistle, which is pretty nice to, but it's effect is kind of weird. Yea, you would more then likely enchant some other creature, but the player that owns it, why would s/he tap it him/herself? No point. Should word it something along the lines of "player who cast it can tap", something like that. All I can think of, really well done though. Bravo to you, good sir.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Regarding the Star, you must not have been around for Fifth Dawn. At that time, having a rainbow deck, or at least some way of converting mana to different colors, was used very often. (Note: I've been around since Ice Age, so I have a longer view of Magic than most.) Also, take Innistrad's "Shimmering Grotto." A 2-color deck with 3 of those and you could play anything.
Plus, for how powerful the effect is, it needs to be hard to cast. If it gets into play on something big, you've got an unstoppable powerhouse that will probably win you the game then and there.

Regarding the Escapist, I put several layers of meaning into that. "Green" is a synonym for money, which the Escapist gave to support this. 10 mana = 10 episodes. Skip your next turn = the time it took to get the episodes up and running. Smile

Regarding the Tri-force, it is meant to help you play Ganondorf or Olimar in off-color decks.

Regarding the Whistle, the effect is a little complex, but I think it works. Obviously, "exile until end of turn" is meant to give the effect like in the show: Luigi went off for a while, then came back. Now, the rules state only the controller of a card can access its abilities. Therefore, only the creature's controller can tap it for the effect.
The reason the effect would be good is not from the tapping, but from the exile effect. The reason it's good has to do with your opponent casting bad abilities on your creatures and also how the stack works. Say your opponent casts some lousy effect, like Homeless, or Innistrad's "Bonds of Faith," or even a simple "Lightning Bolt," on your creature. If it's equipped with the Whistle, in response, you can tap the creature to exile it until end of turn. The exile effect goes on the stack on top of whatever the opponent cast. Then, any other effects played go on top of that, as usual. Now, when the stack resolves, it's "Last In, First Out" so the last effect resolves first. Because the exile effect is on top of the opponent's bad effect, it resolves first. Your creature gets exiled. Because Whistle is equipment, it doesn't go to the graveyard. It just unequips and remains in play. Then, your opponent's bad effect tries to resolve, but because your creature is exiled at that point, it cannot affect the creature and does nothing. Then, at the end of the turn, your creature comes back into play, with no bad effects on it.
A quick exile and return is called a "bounce" by some MtG pros. Therefore, the Whistle will "bounce" your creature to protect it from bad spells. Granted, you'll need to have the Whistle equipped ahead of time, but then, you can stick it on Bowser, Ganondorf, Kirby, Captain Falcon, or any other creature you don't want dying or otherwise screwed with. Once equipped, it's a good deterrent from your opponents casting those spells, as they'd end up being wasted.

I'll see if I can get more pictures over the weekend. I plan to watch through the series again completely to get them, and also to work out some of the effects I don't have in there yet. Maybe a bit more flavor text, too.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:14 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top