Suikoden II

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suikoden II

Post  Mattox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Personally this has, is, and probably always will be my favorite game of all time. I recall stalking reading some stuff Matthew Mercer said in an old thread, and I remember he mentioned he was a big fan of the game.

It's such an obscure game, I was wondering if any one else was an avid fan of the series, or hell, has ever even played it.

For those of you who have, is there anything it did you think you'd like to see in modern games more often? And for those of you who haven't, you should really go check it out. It's a rare and expensive title now, so I'm sure you'll be forgiven if you have to emulate it. They were talking about re-releasing the first two on PSP, but I don't know if that was ever released in America. I don't remember seeing it here up North.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suikoden II

Post  Lerian on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:46 pm

GASP.

Suikoden II and I are by far my favourite games of all time. I didn't like Suikoden III as much, but I did like the characters MUCH more than Suikoden IV. Suikoden IV is my least favourite of the series. Suikoden V was a little better, as least they brought back from characters from II.

I wish they would do more with some of the Suikoden charcters from I and II. I miss Victor and Flik, damn it! I also prefer the six person party, as it ensures that you will kickass at any point in the game. Smile

EDIT: Correction! Suikoden: Tierkris is my least favourite. I mean, what the crap, Konami?

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://memoirsofan80schild.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, I'm also a fan of the 6 party member system. It made unites much more interesting as well, I'd say.

Honestly I thought the first Suikoden was only alright. I feel like they really perfected it with the second one. Hell, considering how similar the two are in terms of the everything, maybe it should have been called Suikoden v. II, haha.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:47 pm

I actually played Suikoden II first, so Suikoden I was enjoyable to me on a level that most Suikoden fans probably didn't get.

UGH. The party system in III pissed me off!

Ever beat the final boss of Suikoden II with all squirrels, a double beat on each one? Talk about a massive, squirrel-flying kickass fest. XD

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattox on Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Nah, I never really bothered with them. Though admittedly I probably use Kinnison too often considering Clive is better in every way.

Mattox
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 am

Mattox wrote:Nah, I never really bothered with them. Though admittedly I probably use Kinnison too often considering Clive is better in every way.

The squirrel battle was just for funsies, my Suikoden II party usually consisted of Hero, Luc, Stallion, Vicktor, Flik and Camus. I love that Stallion is so fast. Put a double beat on him and he'll occassionally attack about five times in a row.

I never thought much of Clive, he just seemed average to me compared to Stallion. I loved Kinnison and Shiro, but they just seemed average to me, too. Shiro is an awesome character for the first part of the game, though.

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:28 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top