[ 7 ]
6% 6% 
[ 2 ]
6% 6% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 36

Re: Mushroom Kingdom Election

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Will if the did end up disposing of the monarchy and holding an election, it whould be rather odd. I mean if you watch the ending, the Mushroom Kingdom's population is basically the few remaining survivors.

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/WorkshopofStupidity

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm

well possibly their "fighting, kick butt hero" population. i mean there are more people out there than the toad thugs etc. i mean surely just like any other place there are the people who make an honest living right? toads that work in various jobs, come home, play with the kids and have dinner etc.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Theoretically, the "Mushroom Kingdom" (Toads, Goombas, Koopas, etc etc etc.) absorbed Hyrule, (Zoras, Gorons, Hylians, etc etc etc.) So even though we don't see them. Theoretically they exist. We only focused on the Heroes and Villains.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  WorkshopofStupidity on Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Very true. Like you said, we only really focused on the heroes and villians. Mabye a random Toad chould step up lol

WorkshopofStupidity
Feral Mercenary

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/WorkshopofStupidity

Back to top Go down

Post  Lerian on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:17 pm

It could be a collection of city-states, each with their perspective rulers.

Yet, that would probably cause different factions and perhaps even Dons to emerge once again.

No, I feel as if there should be one leader. Perhaps this time in the Mushroom Kingdom could be compared to the Roman Republic and the Roman Empire, just switched. (Give me a break, I teach Latin: if you didn't expect me to go here, shame.) Perhaps the end of the monarchy is indeed over and a temporary dictator need be put in place to ensure things come back to order, with law and order. Granted, the people will need their spirits lifted, so the person in charge could ensure certain privileges restored (no curfew for example.)

This would be followed by a republic type government.

Lerian
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://memoirsofan80schild.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 pm

i would vote for Mario or Falcon
what you need is a take no prisoners leader after such turmoil
with with Lakitu as the minister of Bull shit

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:48 pm

DRTJR wrote:i would vote for Mario or Falcon

OBJECTION!!!!

A take no prisoners type leader isn't necessarily the best. Mario's fury could have gotten him killed. If Diddy Kong didn't back down, Mario would have been dead.

Falcon does have fury but to me it seems to be a kind of protective fury.

Samus' reputation is ruined is ruined however, since the worst of everything is more than likely over. She may no longer have to be a stripper for coins.

Lakitu would hide when things get bad.

Luigi would be good for the job but it is highly unlikely he will actually accept the job.

Marth would somewhat have control if the "Marshall Law" was still enabled. Marth, like I explained earlier, would attack without thinking through what he was doing, if a friend was killed or injured. Ex. Ike.
---

I think a combination of Mario and Luigi would be right. Mario is the take no prisoners type. Luigi is level headed. Luigi is pretty much the only one that could calm Mario down.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Outlaw wrote:
DRTJR wrote:i would vote for Mario or Falcon

OBJECTION!!!!

A take no prisoners type leader isn't necessarily the best. Mario's fury could have gotten him killed. If Diddy Kong didn't back down, Mario would have been dead.

Falcon does have fury but to me it seems to be a kind of protective fury.

Samus' reputation is ruined is ruined however, since the worst of everything is more than likely over. She may no longer have to be a stripper for coins.

Lakitu would hide when things get bad.

Luigi would be good for the job but it is highly unlikely he will actually accept the job.

Marth would somewhat have control if the "Marshall Law" was still enabled. Marth, like I explained earlier, would attack without thinking through what he was doing, if a friend was killed or injured. Ex. Ike.
---

I think a combination of Mario and Luigi would be right. Mario is the take no prisoners type. Luigi is level headed. Luigi is pretty much the only one that could calm Mario down.

Ima call bullshit on that one. You saw Marth do a back to back with Fox, and then he understood the whole revenge thing when Fox took the bullet for him.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 pm

I think Falcon would be more suited for field work as an officer of the law or a rendition of SWAT as oppose to a leader/mayor. He is after all a bounty hunter.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fizzo on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 pm

If Peach was the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, doesn't that mean that someone related to her is the King or Queen of the Mushroom Kingdom??

Fizzo
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm

As far as I can tell (And be warned, I only have a cursory knowledge of Nintendo lore) She HAS no more living relatives.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chaeley on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:54 pm

TheTJ wrote:My vote would probably go to Captain Falcon. He seems to have an air of authority about him.

No, I don't have another reason, why?

I think it comes down to two things, though -- who has the necessary qualities, and who wants to lead. I agree with Falcon in the sense that he has excellent control over his subordinates, is stubborn (in good ways) and fair, as well as realistic and surprisingly practical. But in the end I don't think he's selfless and energetic enough to be willing to put himself out there, at least not by the series' end. He's still trying to figure himself out and how he feels about the kingdom, and while those are good signs as far as his character are concerned, they're not great qualities for the kind of leader that the Mushroom Kingdom needs coming out of a war.

Luigi really would be the best choice, but I wouldn't see him touching that role in a million years. That guy has been annihilated.

Chaeley
Hyrulean Vagabond

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:05 pm

You know, now that you mention Captain trying to figure out how he feels about the kingdom, I realize that most of the citizens are in a very precarious situation.

Sure, they won against the butchers, but Kirby's still out there and no-one knows that yet except for Luigi. I'm not exactly sure if he'd tell anyone right away, on top of everything else, if Mario found out Kirby was still alive he might just lose it. That last Brawl seemed like an all or nothing kind of deal and he doesn't seem to have it in him for another fight so soon.

Neither does anyone else for that matter. If Kirby were to attack just one more Hero, who knows what might happen? Which brings me to my main point. I think with the captain at the helm, there's a good chance at leading another offensive against Kirby when he returns. Not that other Heros also wouldn't do that, it's just that Captain Falcon might be the most effective (I think he has much less issues for Kirby to mess with. Sure there's Pit, but Pit seems to be becomming self-reliant so maybe that won't be as big of an issue anymore).

Hmm? Where was I? Oh yeah. Captain Falcon should be KING Falcon (It's got a nice ring to it).

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  lilMac on Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:14 am

The funny thing is that this topic has gone 2 ways. The first one is who would make the best leader. Sadly thats not the case in the real world either as the person who would be the best leader often doesn't get the votes because they are not the most popular leader.

The second way this conversation is going is who would be elected leader. For that Captain Falcon has alot of support and alot of noteriety as a bounty hunter and from his clubs. Lakitu also is seen on the news every night and seems to be in the know about everything going on around mushroom kingdom. I beilieve one of these two would probabally be voted in. Though obviously not the best choice. I agree in that aspect that Luigi would probabally be the best head of a Hierchy but would probabally never take the job.

lilMac
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fedaykin on Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:48 am

You all forget about Toadsworth.We didn't see him die,so as far as we know,the MK still has its Chancellor.I don't think that Link or Zelda killed him offscreen,TW could be used as a valuable tool.If he works together with Marth and the Mario Bros(with their regained popularity for stopping the mayham),he could provide a rather stable interregnum,until things get quieter.I think it will develop into a democracy,maybe even Hyrule as prime example(remember,it has been called the Republic of Hyrule in one news broadcast)

Fedaykin
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:16 am

Fedaykin wrote:You all forget about Toadsworth.We didn't see him die,so as far as we know,the MK still has its Chancellor.I don't think that Link or Zelda killed him offscreen,TW could be used as a valuable tool.If he works together with Marth and the Mario Bros(with their regained popularity for stopping the mayham),he could provide a rather stable interregnum,until things get quieter.I think it will develop into a democracy,maybe even Hyrule as prime example(remember,it has been called the Republic of Hyrule in one news broadcast)

Yeah, but Toadsworth to me always seemed to be an underling, no matter what his title is.

It'd be like being replaced by the Butler or an accountant.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 pm

TheTJ wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:You all forget about Toadsworth.We didn't see him die,so as far as we know,the MK still has its Chancellor.I don't think that Link or Zelda killed him offscreen,TW could be used as a valuable tool.If he works together with Marth and the Mario Bros(with their regained popularity for stopping the mayham),he could provide a rather stable interregnum,until things get quieter.I think it will develop into a democracy,maybe even Hyrule as prime example(remember,it has been called the Republic of Hyrule in one news broadcast)

Yeah, but Toadsworth to me always seemed to be an underling, no matter what his title is.

It'd be like being replaced by the Butler or an accountant.
you saw where democracy got Hyrule. though i got the impression that Kirby got toadsworth.

I still say Douglass J. Falcon, or Mario Mario

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:42 pm

You guys forget that Captain Falcon nearly abandoned the Mushroom Kingdom. Without Pit, low morality would overcome the Captain and he would abandon everything.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Outlaw wrote:You guys forget that Captain Falcon nearly abandoned the Mushroom Kingdom. Without Pit, low morality would overcome the Captain and he would abandon everything.

Well, no one's perfect. I mean, Mario's protrayed in the news as a drunken, murdering madman. And let's be honest, it's not far from the truth. If the Captain has the good sense to try to leave before he and Pit are killed, that just shows logic and common sense, more important in a leadership role than bravado.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:02 pm

Fedaykin wrote:You all forget about Toadsworth. We didn't see him die, so as far as we know, the MK still has its Chancellor. I don't think that Link or Zelda killed him offscreen,
Yeah. However, remember that the only time we saw him ON screen was the "Five Years Ago" bit while Kirby was on his rampage. We never see him in the "present" at all. He was old back then. Perhaps he died.

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:04 pm

TheTJ wrote:
Outlaw wrote:You guys forget that Captain Falcon nearly abandoned the Mushroom Kingdom. Without Pit, low morality would overcome the Captain and he would abandon everything.

Well, no one's perfect. I mean, Mario's protrayed in the news as a drunken, murdering madman. And let's be honest, it's not far from the truth. If the Captain has the good sense to try to leave before he and Pit are killed, that just shows logic and common sense, more important in a leadership role than bravado.

This can go with the Lakitu as well. People said he would just run and hide. Well that is not that much different than abandoning.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:13 pm

Outlaw wrote:
TheTJ wrote:

This can go with the Lakitu as well. People said he would just run and hide. Well that is not that much different than abandoning.

That's from a personal standpoint, but Captain and Lakitu would be VERY different in a position of power. Lakitu is a sort of smarmy used car salesman persona who twists everything newsworthy to his advantage. The Captain however is more of a guy who, when told of a problem, would try to take care of what he thinks needs it (Pit, the townspeople (If he's elected), or himself).

Sure Lakitu is more like a politician than any other Mushroom Kingdom resident I can think of, but the MK can do better than a politician.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Lakitu is a pussy, and he can not handle the stress.

Flacon wouldn't want the job anyway. Marth is more than capable, and ready to take the position.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Ok.. Are we still thinking of this as a dictatorship type, or more of a US Presidential Election where there are 2 leaders. (Pres, Vice-Pres) but not really set up like that.

Falcon/Marth for '10?
Mario/Luigi for '10?
Luigi/Marth for '10?

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:21 am

/vote Falcon/Mario. ;P

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name