Modern Warfare 2 is terrible...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Modern Warfare 2 is terrible...

Post  Smashy B on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Alright, fair enough.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 pm

But oi try playing in a full 64 player server with like Team Deathmatch, or Free-For-All. It is aggrevating. Free-For-All would be difficult, but Team Deathmatch should have better spawn-point positions or else you get spawn killed all the time. But 64 player servers were for MW1, I don't know if the Live folks have servers that big.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:41 pm

CoD suckzorx

i'm testing Battlefield: Bad company 2, it rockxzx

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 am

Ansem wrote:CoD suckzorx

i'm testing Battlefield: Bad company 2, it rockxzx

You work for a Testing Third-Party? Who?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MagnusXavier on Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 am

MW1 sucked let alone 2. I prefer L4D2. Valve know what the public want when it comes to online fps hence l4d, tf and cs

MagnusXavier
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/Hellfireclub.spidermonkey?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:23 pm

i agree with Yahtzee in regards to CoDMW2

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:43 pm

MagnusXavier wrote:MW1 sucked let alone 2. Valve know what the public want when it comes to online fps hence l4d, tf and cs
And yet the Modern Warfare 2 pulled in $310 in the first day, breaking sales of MW1. Wait, I may be crazy, I think the public knows what they wanted from buying the Modern Warfare games. I like L4D, TF2, and CS too and Valve is a great company, but what you claim is hardly valid.

Oh, and "suxzorx" Ansem?

Outlaw brought up good reasons why he prefers the others, at least in the multiplayer experience. Sano and Omicron too I guess and their opinions vary. But Magnux, Ansem, I encourage you two to try harder. I'm not saying this because I disagree with you opinion, but because I disagree with your reasons or lack thereof.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I mean I am not saying it is necessarily a terrible game, its just... X-Box live alone is just meh. I am used to server control etc. Infinity Ward, like I stated before, really messed themselves up making the MW2 PC version pretty much the same server wise as the Xbox version. No dedicated servers + matchmaking = very small amount of server control + pc = hacking = bad gaming experience. If you have a PC game players MUST have server control or else it just doesn't work, ya know what I mean? Valve is EXCELLENT on server controls and mods. You got to agree with me on that.

I mean MW2 is fun, it is ok and all. I helped my bro out on the Special Ops. But you won't find me playing the game. I just seriously can't wait for the next generation of Valve games. Hell they aren't even done updating TF2. The Engineer has yet to receive his major update. Cool

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Outlaw wrote:I mean I am not saying it is necessarily a terrible game, its just... X-Box live alone is just meh. I am used to server control etc. Infinity Ward, like I stated before, really messed themselves up making the MW2 PC version pretty much the same server wise as the Xbox version. No dedicated servers + matchmaking = very small amount of server control + pc = hacking = bad gaming experience. If you have a PC game players MUST have server control or else it just doesn't work, ya know what I mean? Valve is EXCELLENT on server controls and mods. You got to agree with me on that.

I mean MW2 is fun, it is ok and all. I helped my bro out on the Special Ops. But you won't find me playing the game. I just seriously can't wait for the next generation of Valve games. Hell they aren't even done updating TF2. The Engineer has yet to receive his major update. Cool
And again I have to say fair enough and I wholeheartedly agree that Infinity messed up with the lack of control for PC users and extras that have become standard. It's still playable though. Adn Spec Ops, not that you mention it, I love despite the difficulty of some missions. +1 Because I like how you've argued yourself.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:05 pm

Those spec ops missions are hard, especially with those juggernauts. Thanks for the +1. Shocked

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 pm

I haven't played Team Fortress, but have played CoD4 and MW2 as well as Halo. I hated Halo, originally for all the hype it got but when I played it I still never liked it. Having said that, CoD I love. Sure there are the games where it's nothing more than a shit show but overall I prefer it over anything else multiplayer war wise (except maybe Golden Eye and Perfect Dark). I just like being able to set your own classes and the levels for multiplayer with the exception of a few. Keep in mind I'm also not a hardcore gamer, though a few of my friends are and they love MW2 as well.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Iliad on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:22 am

@ the OP.

Fact of the matter is, just cause you're bad at mw2, doesn't mean you need to hate on it.

Iliad
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am

I love you. More.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 pm

I like how only my posts saying MW2 is bad got the negativzorz. Go me!

Iliad wrote:@ the OP.

Fact of the matter is, just cause you're bad at mw2, doesn't mean you need to hate on it.

And your mom is bad at life for birthing you. See, I can make totally baseless claims too. Very Happy

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:52 pm

Let's not go further with this, ok?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 pm

Stop with the fighting guys. If you can't have a debate with reasonable points then don't post. ;s Reminds me of MC vs Samus threads grrr... Samus would win. Cool

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:15 pm

Outlaw wrote:Stop with the fighting guys. If you can't have a debate with reasonable points then don't post. ;s Reminds me of MC vs Samus threads grrr... Samus would win. Cool

Oh, okay.

Faw-Bee wrote:I bet op loves dix

Faw-Bee wrote:this post includes dix.

dix dix and more dix. am i doin it rite?

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Just let fobby be fobby.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Why can't I be fobby? Maybe I am fobby and have been all along, how would you know for sure, hmm?

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:25 pm

You can spell, and you have gone 10 minutes without insulting anyone.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:27 pm

BACK on topic.

My bro has all the stars for the Spec Ops missions.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanosukesama on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Outlaw wrote:BACK on topic.

My bro has all the stars for the Spec Ops missions.

Niiiiice, Congrats Cool & map pack DLC announced this Spring, w00t w00t~ Also! Pretty sure some people have heard, the next CoD will be back in the hands of Treyarch (uhhh.....) & they're moving out of WWII to Vietnam. Other than that don't know more details but I'll post up when I get some. Also, on a sort of unrelated track, Medal of Honor has also chosen to go the way of Modern Warfare & will be moving their series to modern day, basing it in the mountains of Afghanistan & following special forces fighting in that area. The debut trailer was shown at this year's VGA awards, & I could have sworn one of the guys from the videos was on a sniper's special on the History/Military Channel not too long ago.....(sorry for derailing the topic!)

Sanosukesama
Savior in Green

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1838315556&ref=name

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 am

JayDeth wrote:Why can't I be fobby? Maybe I am fobby and have been all along, how would you know for sure, hmm?

Well for one, I act like an idiot. You are an idiot.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JonnyJinx on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

It's funny how many Fobby-wannabes there are on this forum Razz

JonnyJinx
Police Chief Link's Elite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Anyway, where should I start on MW2's trashiness?

First of all, the way games are set up is just plain terrible. Searching for a new host every now and then. The game lobby will close out of no where. Hey, maybe you'll lose connection to the game server just for lols.

The playlists aren't in any semblance of an order. Notice how organized Halo 3's is? You have a nice neat ranked play list for serious gaming where you get paired up with, ZOMG!, people your own skill level! *collective gasp* And then you have another play list for the casual player. And if you get bored, you have the option to do custom games with people. What kind of options do you have here? Well, if you want to change something, anything, be it how fast you run, what weapons you start with, what type of game you want to play, where the spawns are located, ANYTHING, you can change it to your liking. This more than anything else is the reason why you don't see hackers like you did in Halo 2 or any other game. There's no need for it.

In MW2, it's COMPLETELY random who ends up in your game lobby. It might be you and 11 others who haven't even gotten to rank 30 yet. It might be some noob who just started playing and 11 others who have prestiged more than twice.

Other fun things that can happen? Being thrown into a game where your team has 1700 and the other team has 6500. Hell, on more than one occasion I've had the game load, picked my class, and then just as I spawn, hey, what do ya know? My team lost. Awesome.

Then we have MW2's problem with parties. Two people seems to be okay for the most part, but any more than that, especially 4 and up, you will probably be spending the greater part of half an hour just getting everyone into the same game.

Then we have MW2's ranks. There is NO reason to prestige after the first one. This is because all you receive that first time is a new set challenges for having prestiged as well as a new custom class. Besides the new challenges and the useless ability to make a new custom class (most people I know only use one), what else do you get? Well, you know all those cool weapons, camos, attachments (especially the extended clip), those sniper outfits (forgot what they're called), and pro versions of perks (sit rep one is, like, impossible) you worked SO hard to get? Well, they're gone. Isn't that fun? Very Happy

But wait! Don't you also get new titles and emblems everytime you prestige? Why yes. And do you know how much worth they have in game? Nothing! Very Happy The only time you see these things are if you actually take the time to scroll through them in the pre game lobby, wondering how many of those people boosted to get their "achievements" (more on that later). Just make sure you do it before it separates everyone into teams, for whatever reason. Other than that, the stupid things just pop up solely with the purpose to annoy you by hiding the heartbeat sensor momentarily everytime you get a kill. What's worse, is that you can only show off titles and emblems one at a time. I would love to be able to scroll through other people's libraries of achievements, oooing and ahhing and asking how they got this one or the other thing. What's the point of having a huge collection if you can't show it off?

Ah, boosting. It's so easy to do. Boosting, along with the randomness of deciding what game lobbies you join, makes all those stats that track wins and losses and what not COMPLETELY pointless. Boosting also makes many titles and emblems quite easy to achieve, further reducing their value. Boosting also negates that one other advantage you get from prestiging. Since it resets all your challenges, except for the one, it means you can get points faster than someone who doesn't prestige by completing the challenges all over again. Or you can just boost and save yourself all that time, effort, and the loss of everything you unlocked. Hmm...

Moving on, we have the maps. My GOD does MW2 have shitty maps. Half of Sub Base is never used. No one visits a good quarter of Karachi. And virtually NO ONE likes Derail. High Rise, while seemingly balanced, and thus not crap, has this nagging issue. See, at the one spawn it possible to get on top of the building. Which is retarded. It's not the easiest secret spot to get to, but for that reason, few people know about it. And the reward you get from camping up their and never leaving due to a tactical insertion is TREMENDOUS! It ends up making a perfectly good map really unbalanced.

And then we have the annoying things. Firstly, when Infinity Ward updated the game to nerf the Models, they failed. All you need to do is turn on the Bling perk, add the FMJ attachment, and, ta-da! They're just as broken as they were before. Observe:

http://www.youtube.com/user/machinimarespawn#p/c/82EF50B108AE968C/83/8bFoHyIrtTY

Then there's the noob tubes. The most reliable guns in the game, the assault rifles, can also have a 2 round grenade launcher attached to it. So why not use it? You have an entire weapon perfectly capable of taking down groups without the need of a secondary ATH or Thumper. Which don't encumber you at all, by the way, since your primary determines your movement speed. So much for realism, I guess.

Then there's the care package exploit. All you need is a 4 kill streak, marathon, light weight, and a SMG primary weapon and you're running at roughly twice the speed as you normally would. Add to this the special leaning knife stab you do and as long as you use your speed to weave in a out of cover smartly, you're guaranteed to have a positive k/d ratio.

What else, let's see. Oh, I know. Another thing to unbalance things is that you can't reliably shoot down other people's kill streaks until you get the Stinger at level 30. Unfortunately, things like Harriers and whatnot that aren't player controlled are smart. If it's hovering over you and your team mates and you have a Stinger aimed at it, guess who it's most likely going to shoot first? Add to this you have to expose yourself to shoot down other peoples rewards, so you're just asking to get shoot at. You do have the Cold Blooded perk to get around this which you NEED to use, so all this does is make Stopping Power Pro useful for little more than shooting down UAVs a tad bit easier, which you can't do anyway unless your gun has a certain level of accuracy.

Now, don't get me wrong. I have fun playing MW2 from time to time. It has it's many flaws and I never take the game seriously, but it offers a unique experience and is entertaining in it's own way... but it's not a good game. At all.

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top