TWBB Fan Fiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Fan Fiction

Post  Koopa_Kid on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:02 pm

Because, dammit, someone had to do it! I looked all over and I didn't see any other thread for this topic!

Your fictions, plz show me them. To start things up, here's mine, loosely based on the night of the brawl shoot.

---

A Tale of Two Toads

by E. Harper

---

"If you don't get this job, I'm going to kick your ass!"

Ben Kyoo shuddered, pulling his spotted cap down over his curly hair until it was almost obscured. "I'll do my best, sugar."

Atara Shii glared after him as he got off the bus. "And if you even THINK I'm kidding..." She grabbed the lapels of her threadbare lavender vest and pulled it tighter around herself as the bus pulled away from the curb.

Ben sighed. Just another afternoon in the Mushroom Kingdom. As annoying as Atara's endless nagging was, he sometimes couldn't help but feel sorry for her. Working two jobs just to keep them afloat AND going to school full-time was taking its toll on her. She wasn't always so hostile, he reminded himself. She used to be so sweet and helpful. No matter how tedious it got, she always stuck to her post and repeated that same bit of advice to passing travelers, over and over. But then came the layoffs at the Chamber of Commerce. Nobody wanted her for a good job after that. He squared his shoulders, buttoned up his camouflage coat, and cleared his throat. I want our old life back, and this job might be our ticket. Assistant Manager at the Burger Hut doesn't carry much prestige, but at least it's above minimum wage. He pushed open the door. Here goes nothing.

It was getting dark when the bus finally deposited Atara in front of their tenement in the slums. She tore another eviction notice off the front door of their apartment and ripped it up, scattering the pieces across the corridor. The building was condemned, anyway- what could the landlord do if she didn't pay?

She went inside and propped a two by four against the doorknob, just in case. No use being careless, especially with a mob war raging in the streets. The news anchors obviously didn't have a clue as to what was really going on, and it was too much trouble wrestling with the antennas to get a clear picture of their smarmy little faces. All Atara knew was what she'd heard from the other tenants, and they hadn't heard anything nice.

She dug around under her bed for a minute. "Aha! There you are, old buddy." She held aloft her dusty battle yo-yo. She giggled to herself as she tied the near-obsolete weapon to her belt. Weapons had been outlawed in that part of town, but no one considered her little yo-yo a credible threat, and they'd let her keep it. In fact, they had laughed her right out of the confiscation line. We'll just see who's laughing later...

Atara tied up her tangled hair into pigtails and set about cleaning up their little corner of hell as best she could. She turned on a flashlight she'd hung over the kitchen sink by a string, and began washing the dishes with distilled water from the dollar store (the utilities had cut out months ago).

An urgent hammering came at the door, causing her to drop an already cracked saucer on the floor. It shattered into little splinters of china at her feet. "Shit," she cursed under her breath. She reached for a baseball bat she kept next to the now defunct dishwasher. The yo-yo won't be much good in closed quarters... "Who is it?"

"At-chan, get downstairs, quick!" It was one of the guys from the immigrant family next door. The Hylian accent was hard to mistake.

She opened the door and found it was full of greasy khaki coveralls. "Mikey? I thought the auto repair shop doesn't close until seven."

"We were worried about the riots, so we boarded it up for the day," he explained, his pointy ears twitching slightly under his short red hair. His glasses went askew and he paused to readjust them.

Atara stifled the urge to snicker at this. "Mikey, I gotta study. We got finals at school tomorrow-"

"There might not BE any tomorrow unless you come out with me! We're going to take our city back!"

After chaining her door shut (and grabbing a textbook), she followed him down to the streets, where she found a mob of Toads and Hylians milling around, buzzing angrily.

She was about to turn to Mikey and fire off a cynical question when somebody climbed up onto a dumpster and fired a shot into the air to get some attention.

Atara's jaw dropped as the crowd yelped. Well, hell-o! If I wasn't a furry before, I sure am now!

"Everybody is now leestening, yes?! Good," the unnaturally attractive, fox-like person confirmed. He lowered but did not holster his weapon. "Is work to be done!"

The crowd marched through the darkened streets, back the way Atara had come. They passed the unfinished burger shack along the way, and Atara caught a glimpse of Ben's face, slack-jawed with surprise at the sight of the resolute crowd. She edged over to the fringes of the ragtag army. "Hey, come on!"

He ran to catch up. "Atara, what the HELL are you doing?"

"Preparing for AWESOMENESS!" she crowed, swinging her yo-yo around for emphasis.

Ben winced as she accidentally hit him in the face with it. "Owwww..."

"Ooh. Sorry," she said, tucking the yo-yo away.

"Awesomeness," he repeated. "Could you please be more specific?"

"We're going to a brawl!"

"A... brawl?" He looked around skeptically. "Uh, honey-"

"Don't 'honey' me. You know I've been taking self-defense class!"

"Yeah, but-"

"Didn't you take karate in high school?"

"Sure, but that isn't my-"

Some guy in a green shirt and blue overalls was trying to push through the crowd. "Hey, let-a me through!" He paused. "Kid, what's-a that book you got?"

Atara realized he was talking to her. She'd forgotten all about the textbook she was carrying. He looked kind of familiar, but she couldn't place him. "Uh, The Anthropology of Languages?"

He blinked. "OK..."

"I got a linguistics final tomorrow," she explained lamely.

He just shook his head and doubled back to try a different route. "You've-a gotta be crazy."

"Jerk," she muttered. She turned back to Ben as the overalls guy disappeared. "We're marching on the ivory tower! The turf war ends tonight! Don't you want to be a part of that? We're making HISTORY!"

"Of course, but that's not what I-"

The crowd made a sharp turn through a disused byway, following the fox-man. "He's taking us to meet the guy who's gonna lead the charge!"

"And who is that, exactly?"

"I dunno, some Italian guy..."

Ben's face went slack. "Mario?"

"Yeah, that's him!"

Ben facepalmed. "I keep forgetting you were just a kid when the brothers dropped under the radar."

"You cradle-robber, you," she teased.

Ben paused. He wanted to tell her Mario gone crazy, that she couldn't march on the tower behind him, that it would mean certain death... but she looked so happy. Hopeful, even. It reminded him of when they'd first met, over a year ago- she was eighteen, he was twenty-five, but the gap had just melted away in the face of their happiness together. She was barely thirteen when the Cannibal came. This darkness is all she knows. But even so, she has hope that things can be different. How can I possibly say no?

Others had fallen in with the crowd as they went, and when they finally met Mario and the troops he'd managed to gather from Dedede's turf, the crowd had become an army.

Atara gawked as a dinosaur's severed head rose above the crowd, mounted on a pike. "That is so metal," she observed amid the bloodthirsty cheers of her compatriots.

"Metal," Ben agreed nervously. "Uh, honey, I REALLY think you should know-"

"Maybe you ought to put that book away, Atara," Mikey suggested, pulling a key out of his pocket. "We'll pass by the shop soon, so if you want to drop it off..."

"Good idea," she commented. "These books are pretty damn expensive. Maybe I can sell 'em after this is all over, right?" She grabbed the key and dashed into the night, book in hand.

Ben sighed as Mikey approached him. "Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. What were you trying to tell her?"

"It can wait," Ben replied as calmly as possible.

The army began to move again.

Atara almost lost the crowd, but Mario's golden cape was hard to miss. Even in the dark depths of the city, it flashed at the head of the army like a beacon.

Her boots smacked the pavement urgently as she fell in with Ben and Mikey. "Did I miss anything?"

"Nope," Ben yawned. "Don't worry- if somebody farts, I'll be sure to bottle it for you."

"Hardy har," she grumbled. "What is this, a brawl or a peace protest? Enough with the marching, on with the fighting!" She rubbed her neck- her bodice was starting to chafe.

The cramped side streets opened out onto an empty avenue. The ivory tower loomed overhead, and signs of the riots were everywhere. Glass from shattered windows covered the sidewalks. Burned-out husks of cars lined the curbs. Koopa shells littered the streets. Atara kicked one and it skittered across the pavement, until it bounced off a streetlight and hit her in the legs. "Ouch! Motherf-"

Mario led them into an alley, where a mob of Koopa Troopas stood in their way. His booming voice shook the building's foundations. "WE'RE HERE TO RECLAIM OUR KINGDOM!"

Atara put up her dukes, and Ben followed suit. Mikey's door-filling frame didn't need any posturing to make it more intimidating. Blood rushed to Atara's head, pounding in her ears, blurring her vision. Not as if she could see through the mob very well, anyway...

Voices filtered in through her homicidal haze. "Bro, this is what Ganon wants- for you to kill each other off, so he can-"

"Ganon? I'm-a here for Bowser!"

"Bro... Bowser's dead."

Time seemed to stop. Ben's face melted to horror, and he glanced at Atara, who looked more confused than anything. She turned to him in disbelief. "Bowser... dead?"

Yes, she did grow up during his Bhuddist phase, but even she knows Koopas are extraordinarily long-lived, and notoriously hard to kill. "Snap out of it," he mouthed back, as much to himself as to her. She nodded and turned back towards the opposing army, shuffling her feet like a bull pawing the dust before it charges.

Ben took a deep breath and braced himself. "Baby, before we get into this, I have a confession to make, in case we don't come back alive."

"What's that?" Atara muttered.

"I... didn't get the job."

"ATTACK!!!" Mario roared, and the crowd surged into battle.

Atara barreled straight into the smarmy guy from the news and almost knocked his shell off before Ben's confession sank in. She spun around and punched Ben in the gut. "I TOLD YOU, DIDN'T I?! I TOLD YOU!"

Stunned, he pulled up short, doubled over in pain. "At-chan-?"

"SHUDDUP!" She grabbed him around the neck and went for his kidneys as Mikey lunged at a Magikoopa. "I TOLD YOU I WAS GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!"

Acting by reflex, he grabbed her lapel and aimed a right hook at her face. "It wasn't my fault!" He connected, but she refused to go down. Instead, she staggered back... and glared.

Ohhh... SHIT.

Desperate to end the fight quickly, he made a few good shots at her abdomen, and she shrieked with pain. But as he backed away, trying to apologize, she came back to repay him in kind with four solid punches to the stomach. "THAT... WASN'T... VERY... NICE!!!"

He swatted her away angrily and grabbed her by the hair. The time for pulling punches was officially over. "Are you out of your mind?!"

"FUCK YOU!" She elbowed him in the nose and moved in hard and fast, backing him against a wall. "GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND GET A JOB!"

Of course, he couldn't tell her the general manager's son-in-law had already filled the position by the time he got there, not while she was pummeling his intestines to a pulp. Nor could he remind her of the larger conflict that surrounded them, not while she was busily planting her knee in his crotch. She had gone absolutely berserk. The sweet teenaged guide he had fallen for was gone, perhaps forever.

"Babe, I think we should start seeing other people-"

And that was when she put his lights out.

As Ben regained counsciousness, he spotted Atara at the edge of the battlefield, hauling a smaller female Toad off her feet and shaking her. "RAAAA!!!"

He staggered to his feet. She doesn't even care which side she's on anymore- she's just beating the hell out of everybody! If I don't stop that crazy bitch, she's going to get herself killed!

He tapped her shoulder, and when she turned, he socked her in the face, knocking her to the ground. "Shouldn't have fallen for that one," he commented as the other Toad ran for her life.

Her eyes flared with rage as she launched herself upwards at his jaw. "MUTILAAAATE!!!"

The pair proceeded to beat the hell out of each other until...

beep beep

boop boop bip

beeeeeep

The hordes of ghostly black imps, scattered amidst the chaos, hadn't even merited their attention until now. Now, the eerie creatures stood poised, expectant, frozen mid-combat.

Ben and Atara lowered their fists. "The hell?"

A massive black orb rose above the crowd, drawing the imps into it. In panic, Atara broke off and bolted into the thick of the brawl, where many of the others had not yet noticed the coming calamity.

Ben followed as she disappeared into the forest of swinging fists. "At-chan! Wait!"

Dodging brawlers and fallen bodies, he found her fending off the Toadette she had assaulted earlier. Try as he might, he could not press through- a blonde furiously weilding a silver purse and a girl armed with a Bullet Bill stood in his way. Injured as he already was, Ben didn't want to risk an attempt to get around them. "At-chan! We have to get out of here!"

"And go where?" she called back between punches. "Back to the tenement? To your parents' basement? Where do we go?!"

The orb coalesced into an enormous monster, high atop the tower. Heedless of the rising danger, Ben fended off would-be attackers as he racked his brain for an answer. "I don't know," he was forced to admit. "Away from the city! No more riots, no more dons, no more goddamn turf war! I don't know how, but I swear I'll try! We can make it work!"

She pushed her opponent away, and for a moment, there was a flicker of hope in her eyes. "Do you mean-"

THWACK!

A gigantic black tentacle swung in out of nowhere, impaling the blonde through the chest. Atara's hands went to her mouth and her eyes shot wide open in shock as the tentacle swung up and away, leaving the girl to collapse.

Ben saw no reason to hang around any longer. He surged forward and grabbed Atara's hand as the monster speared another victim. "Come on! It's time to-"

THWACK!

Another tentacle swung down and ran them both through in a single, efficient shot. Atara was so surprised she had to be stabbed again before she fell down.

As the battle ended and the dust settled, Ben lay sprawled on the pavement, bleeding out slowly.
Atara's cold hand still lay in his, and the glow of her yo-yo stones had faded to nothing. She had never even gotten a chance to use them in battle. Her eyelids flickered slightly. "Ben?"

He raised his head wearily. "Yeah?"

"Did you mean what you said about leaving the city?"

He nodded tiredly, then let his head sink to the ground. "Yeah. I did."

She smiled. "That's so awesome."

He tightened his fingers around hers. "Thanks, babe."

Silence fell.

"Ben? I'm sorry you didn't get the job."

"It's OK."

"I shouldn't have hit you."

"Don't worry about it."

"Ben, I-"

"Dammit, woman, I'm dying here! Wrap it up already!"

"I love you, sweetheart."

He smiled a little. "I love you, too."

"Ben?"

Sigh... "What?"

"This pavement is REALLY cold."

"Tell me about it."

They died.

THE END

Koopa_Kid
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Fan Fiction

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Big game hunters by Gorblax?

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:22 am

I thought the part where
Spoiler:
Atara goes berserk
was a bit too random and awkward. Other than that, good fanfic, I liked it. Also...
Koopa_Kid wrote:Atara Shii
Oh, u punny.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Koopa_Kid on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm

Actually, the berserker sequence was based on things I actually did or said during the filming. My RL fiancee and I were assigned to fight each other during the brawl, and to motivate myself I kept thinking about how he's been out of work for months while I'm killing myself to pay the bills. His fictional name was also a pun.

Koopa_Kid
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Ouch. I wouldn't want to be in his place. XD Also I didn't catch the pun of his name.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Koopa_Kid on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Ben Kyoo= benkyoo = studying

Koopa_Kid
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 pm

I really liked that! (except for the 'they died' but I'm fussy, I just think that could have been worded better) I was unsure of what to think about TWBB fanfic but this is pretty darn good. Well done! Smile

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Koopa_Kid on Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

queen_camilla wrote:I really liked that! (except for the 'they died' but I'm fussy, I just think that could have been worded better)

Honestly, there really wasn't anything else to say. Razz

Koopa_Kid
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:28 pm

good job there...pretty sad ending. i've been working on a fanfic...maybe i'll post it when i'm done..or at least when some of it is done XD
edit: ok so some of ya have seen a little of this one..however i have started to elaborte on it, and this is now the first chapter of my litte fic. i'm currently working on the second chapter. please bear in mind that this is a VERY rough draft....and....begin=P

His thoughts drifted quickly, with a few moments of clarity in between. "Where am I?" he wondered, looking around himself, or so he thought. It was so dark he couldn't even see the end of his nose, couldn't even tell if his eyes were open or not.
He wondered how long he had been there, floating in the endless darkness, it was so damned hard to tell. It didn't bother him though, nothing really could in the calm, complete blackness of the void. It cradled him, soothing him into numbness. His mind wandered more and more until he could no longer remember who he was or what he had been trying to accomplish before he had found himself in the void, his mind becoiming one with the emptyness around him. It was only after he had nearly merged with the dark that he saw a faint glimmer of light, so small and dim that he thought he was seein things at first.
Then however, the glimmer grew, until it was blinding him with the intensity of it. He growled and grabbbed his eyes as the pain hit him. He had been in the dark so long that light had become excruciating to his eyes. He did not want to leave the void, the emptyness that allowed him to forget everything that had happend to him, to forget what pain and sorrow was, and lose yourself to the soft darkness. He tried to bolt back into the dark, only to find the light surrounding him and that his feet now rested on a metal circle of sorts. "What in the hell is this?" the panic rising in his throat, pounding in his chest. "Please, let me go back....just let me go back!" He pleaded, hoping someone, somewhere would listen, but of course he was alone. No one could hear him cry out.
He nearly fell off of the patform as it flew down into the abyss of light. He crouched down on it, his fighters instincts finally coming to the fore. Peering over the edge he noticed the shapes starting to materialize out of the light, and as the patches became bigger he began to realize where he was, or where he thought he was anyway, due to the fact that he really couldn't belive what he was looking at, the memories of this place swirling in his brain. The shapes soon became more material than ghost-like, the tall rectangular slabs of metal and glass glaring at hiim in the light, the strong smells stiring his long dormant sense of smell.
The platform slowed down until it touched the ground. Looking around himself again before acting, he tentatively stepped off of the cool metal, shaking as he did so. His feet hit the hard concrete and he nearly fell before regaining his balance, his body weakened from lack of use. He bent over and touched the concrete with his hand, the hard, rough pavment felt wonderfull after the lack of feeling in the void. It was material and it was real it was all real.

well i'm sure some of you know who he is and yes there is a reason for not stating a name. it'll make sense in the next chapter...if i get around to finishing it....hope you like it so far Very Happy

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NecroStar on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Silent cries come from the city gates. I dare not leave my place.

My mind is wandering from this dreaded place. In the shadows of a greater hero, I remain. Sadly, I will never shine more than my brother has.

‘How could a place so wondrous as this place become such a destitutional wasteland?’

I used to ask myself the same question… Every day, I would wonder as my feet would tread against the pavement on the sidewalk. The sky isn’t as blue anymore. But of course, I did as I normally would and just shoved my fists into my pockets of my rather large jacket and just continued along this path. You can only ask yourself the same question so much, but I was used to hearing it.

Aside from my height, I’ve always been looked down upon. I would always be the sidekick to my brother’s adventures, watch him get the girl in the end with only, maybe, a ‘good job’ for me. Things around here are only for one player, nowadays at least. And me? Well, I’ll always be ‘Player Two,’ in this case.

Somehow, I managed to lead myself to the outskirts of the city; for once, the sunset on the horizon appeared a little less… Vengeful. The sun, and it’s brother, the moon. Why did it look less vengeful? Well, I suppose it was just because it almost reminded me of myself. You can’t look at it without hurting your eyes, but you can stare at it’s brother for long hours. I can recall that I quietly brushed my mustache with the tips of my fingers while I still stood there in thought. I began walking again, but I don’t exactly know which way I went or how long that I traveled; only that the sun was sinking beneath the ground.

I’m tired. I’m tired of living in this constant shadow. Being this… Player two, numero dos. I’ve helped out, I deserve a little credit. It’s not just all fun and games. I’ve had my fair share of hits from that colossal dinosaur! It’s time to man up and move on out of this pit of self pity. I swore under my breath, “And it’s time to grow a pair and get the girl in the end!” I accidentally exclaimed.

“Luigi?” I heard a new, but yet familiar voice, speak softly from behind me and I carefully turned around; Peach. “What are you doing outside? It’s late.” I didn't even notice how far I walked. I wasn't sure if my face was pale as a ghost or burning wildly with embarrassment.

“I-uh.”

“Come inside, before you catch a chill.”

I was a little hesitant but nodded firmly. “Thank you.” It’s time to grow out of his shadow and step into my own light.

NecroStar
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Koopa_Kid on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

Awwwww. That's so cute.

Koopa_Kid
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down