TWBB Mafia 2: Back in Black.

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia 2: Back in Black.

Post  SurgePox on Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:29 pm

The struggle was finally over. The townies had risen up against the mafia that had held their town in a vicegrip, and struck them down. Bowser and his koopa mafia were no more, and the people of the Mushroom Kingdom were free to live in peace. Eventually the fear and chaos subsided, and life returned to the state of peace and harmony not known since before the cannibals reign. It looked like, finally, everything was back in order.

Or so it seemed.

The smell of filth hit Roy's nostrils. It seemed that although the majority of the kingdom had cleaned up, the immigrant tent city still remained in filth and squalor. Roy's nose twinged in disgust, he didn't like it, but it was part of the job. His partner, Marth, had taken the day off, so he had to pull double duty to cover for both of them. Roy knew he needed only to finish his rounds here, then he could retire to his apartment for the evening. The new season of Mushroom Kingdom Idol premiered tonight, and there was no way he was gonna miss it.

As Roy rounded the block, a chill hit his spine. Something seemed wrong, but it didn't appear anyone was around. To be safe, Roy drew his sword, and proceeded with caution. As he moved further, the chills crept up his spine, and into the back of his head. Something definitely was wrong.

"Who's there!?" He called out into the darkness "Show yourself!"

As he saw the great shadow that emerged from the darkness, Roy knew that the peace in the Mushroom Kingdom would soon become a forgotten memory.

There Will Be Brawl Mafia 2: Back in Black

Greetings, fellow TWBBers, and welcome to the second forum wide game of Mafia. I'm SurgePox, your moderator, and narrator for this second game. I'm certain that the majority of you are familiar with mafia, as most of you played in the last game, but here is a quick refresher:

The core of the game is an uninformed majority versus an informed minority. Players try to weed out who among them is innocent, and who among them is guilty, often with entertaining results. There are two groups in contest with each other, the Townspeople, and the Mafia. The Townspeople try to figure out who among them is in the Mafia, and eliminate all the Mafia, while the Mafia try to kill of the Townies while flying under the radar.
The game is played in two phases, a day phase and a night phase. In the night phase all players are "blind" to what is going on (this is usually more of an issue when the game is played face to face, on the internet it shouldn't be hard to pull off). During the night phase the mafia secretly chooses one person to murder, and communicates to me, the narrator, who they have chosen to kill. Any person killed will be removed from the game.
The townspeople are not alone in this night phase, as there are two special townspeople with a way of fighting back. They are The Doctor and The Cop. During the night phase the Doctor PM's me, The Narrator, one person who they would like to "protect" for the night. If they just so happen to pick the same person as the mafia chose to kill that night, then that person is safe and nobody dies that night. as you can imagine the Doctor is quite valuable for the cause of the townspeople.
The Cop has, in my opinion, one of the most valuable and most difficult to use talents in the game. During the night phase the Cop may choose one player to "investigate." One they have PM'd me who they would like to investigate, I will PM them back whether that person is either A) in the Mafia, or B) Not in the mafia. This knowledge is priceless once the day phase rolls around.
Due to popular request, and the massive size of this game, I am adding two additional special roles, these roles will be kept secret until the end of the game. Don't expect these roles to be game changing, but they may add some more fun.
After all nighttime activities have concluded, then we move into the day phase. I will reveal who, if anyone, has been killed that night. Then a town meeting is called, and the townspeople get together to discuss who they believe is in the mafia. At this point anything said or done is public (so done in the thread). If the townspeople (including the mafia, who are trying to disguise themselves as townspeople) can reach a majority vote on one person to accuse, then that person is lynched and removed from the game. (Note: it is possible to not lynch anybody, though is is not very advantageous for the townspeople, and is best avoided.)
The we return to the night phase, and play cycles through until either A) all the mafia members have been eliminated, in which case the townspeople win or B) There are only mafia remaining, in which case the mafia wins.
Additional Rules worth noting:
-You may not at any time reveal what your role is or was, or the roles of anyone else, even after you have died. The time to do that is at the end of the game.
-Dead people may not talk, and can no longer influence the game, so the should avoid talking to people who are playing (It is alright for the dead to talk amongst themselves, as long as it's done in private.)
-Participate! If you have a tendency to disappear for long periods of time, don't play. It seriously holds up the game when we have to wait two weeks for you to tell me who you want to investigate. Please only play if you can commit to being here at least once every few days.
-As the Narrator of this game, I reserve the right to kick you out or replace you if I feel that it is necessary. The best way to avoid this is simply follow the rules and actively participate.

This game will have a few key differences from the last game, the most notable will be that roles will not be revealed as a character has died. The roles of the dead will be kept secret until the end of the game. Also, don't expect any random events, the game will be completely driven by the actions of the players, I will only be here to narrate, answer questions, and settle any disagreements if needed. Townies may not talk and plan in secret, which was amended last game, but I think it bears repeating. Other than that, expect it to be similar.

Any questions about the game should be sent to me via PM, I'm on pretty often, and I like having someone to talk to Smile

Last edited by SurgePox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 2: Back in Black.

Post  SurgePox on Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm

Night 1: lasts until Saturday, January 23rd at 5:00PM PST

Night fell upon the Mushroom Kingdom. In the past the night was a time of fear, fear of the mafia, fear of the demons, fear of the unknown that lurked out in the darkest alleys. Things had pacified since then. Night was a time of rest, a time of rejuvenation. People no longer feared what lurked out in the darkness.

If only it could be like this forever.

Night phase lasts for the next 2 days, maybe less if I receive all of the night actions before then. There is no posting during the night phase.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:56 pm

My apologies for missing the deadline, I was napping Razz

Day broke upon the Mushroom Kingdom. The morning was still and quiet. Ansem, out for a morning jog, was the first to notice it. Out in the grass in front of the Mushroom Kingdom police, was the body of our dear friend smashbro, his stomach sliced open, innards falling out, he had been hung by a noose of his own intestines.

Word of the gruesome discovery had soon traveled like wildfire throughout the town. By noon, the citizens had gathered in the town hall, to discuss who could have committed such a heinous act.

Just as a note, everything in italics is just "flavor text," and contains no clues nor should be probed for them, aside from revealing the victim. Any other people are just picked at random.

We are now in the day phase, which is open discussion and, if a majority vote is reached, a lynching. Day phase will end Monday, January 25th at 8pm PST

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 am

And then there were 17.

I think we can say that Smashbro was most definitely innocent.
That's all I got now. It's really hard to vote who to lynch yet.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 am

the Mafia killed Kenny Smashbro, THOSE BASTARDS.
I would guess it was a grudge kill, or made to look like one.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:18 am

It IS hard to pick....

I think I'll just wait til more people post.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 am

Yeah.....though I think it would be fair if we let DRJTR life trough the first day this time :p

vote; fobby. for no apparant reason.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:12 am

Hmmm, I think I'll cast my vote on....Minby, again for no reason due to lack of info

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:30 am

JGH27 wrote:Hmmm, I think I'll cast my vote on....Minby, again for no reason due to lack of info
Can't say I didn't expect this XP. Ask Surge. I was expecting to be the first night killed. Anyway, I honestly have no clue who to vote for yet, so I'll wait for some more info to come up.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:51 am

Honestly, it was totally random, was trying to remember who was in this game and was too lazy to check the list lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:36 am

I figured it was a random vote, that's why I didn't put a revenge vote against you.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:51 am

You know...this is going to be a bit hard for the townies. The mafia can just stay quiet and barely noticeable and we won't even know if we're killing off innocent people, since the roles won't get revealed until the game ends. And as far as I know, we don't even know how many mafia there are.
But if I was a part of the mob, I would just shut up and let the townies slowly eat each other while still killing off people during the night phase.

My guess is that the mob is trying to stay quiet at this phase. It's the best way to stay unsuspicious.

But who to lynch?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:06 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:You know...this is going to be a bit hard for the townies. The mafia can just stay quiet and barely noticeable and we won't even know if we're killing off innocent people, since the roles won't get revealed until the game ends. And as far as I know, we don't even know how many mafia there are.
But if I was a part of the mob, I would just shut up and let the townies slowly eat each other while still killing off people during the night phase.

My guess is that the mob is trying to stay quiet at this phase. It's the best way to stay unsuspicious.

But who to lynch?

That might backfire though- if the mafia keep their heads down too much, they're going to attract suspicion through that. "Hey, so-and-so hasn't been making any contributions!"

I'm voting for Fobby. He's probably just going to sit there going "im mafia lol" all the time instead of playing anyway.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 am

oh god, i go out for a jog and then this. this sucks!

I vote for....fobby i guess, same reason as the rest, he'd just be trollin his ass around here

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm going to jump on the band wagon and vote: Fobby
because he'd be trollin' eventually

Last edited by DRTJR on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:24 pm

'Guess I'll just follow then.

My vote for Fobby.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:34 pm

idiots who think the same thing can't happen again wrote:My vote for Fobby.

Well, I don't know what to say about this guys.

No really, Think about this carefully. Was I really trolling last match? Seriously. I was having fun. That was me, using strategy.

Weldar used strategy, and using the rules of the game, he successfully won.

If anything, Weldar could be as much of a troll as I was.

Really kids.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Hmm... I feel bad for Fobby...

But I still vote against him.

Nothing personal Faw-Bee.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:15 pm

ok

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:45 pm

I vote for Fobby... and this time, it's personal... The Beatles rock.

And I figure he would just troll around anywayz

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:00 pm

hmm well since fobby is just going to get voted off no matter which way i vote my vote is: fobby
at this point i can't really vote any other way since there are no clues whatsoever.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:19 pm

DarkFalco wrote:no clues whatsoever.

This statement is false.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Faw-Bee wrote:
idiots who think the same thing can't happen again wrote:My vote for Fobby.

Well, I don't know what to say about this guys.

No really, Think about this carefully. Was I really trolling last match? Seriously. I was having fun. That was me, using strategy.

Weldar used strategy, and using the rules of the game, he successfully won.

If anything, Weldar could be as much of a troll as I was.

Really kids.

Fair point you were using strategy. The problem is your strategy annoyed a lot of people. The fact is 9 times out of 10 the first lynch just comes down to a random vote or a grudge, most people just don't have enough information to work with at this stage.

So yeah I'm voting for Fobby. Grudge!

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 pm

Oh boy. I can see at least 3 people who are definately mafia already.

I won't say them of course. That would ruin the fun.

Weldar wrote:The problem is your strategy annoyed a lot of people.

That was part of the strategy.

Weldar wrote:The fact is 9 times out of 10 the first lynch just comes down to a random vote or a grudge, most people just don't have enough information to work with at this stage.

Again. Clues. Everywhere.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:33 pm

Oh, I see the clues everywhere. For instance, Fobbys text is orange, which is kinda close to the color of red, which is blood. he must be Mafia.

CLUS EVRYWERE

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top