I am a little confused about the villians...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am a little confused about the villians...

Post  macjsus on Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:56 pm

What was the connection between the G&W army/Olimar and Kirby/Earthbound boys? It seemed like they were two different evils with 2 different agendas.

macjsus
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I am a little confused about the villians...

Post  Gerkuman on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 pm

That's because there were. Or more accurately, 3 agendas.

Spoiler:
Ganon, Zelda and the Police tried to usurp the kingdom from Peach and the Dons. To do this, Ganon used the butchers, Ness and Lucas. But he needed an army to fight for him, so he got in contact with the G&W's and their prophet 'End of Days' (Olimar). Their agenda was to take back the kingdom for themelves. What Ganon didn't know was that the butchers were following Kirby, who casually escaped jail and lopped Ganon' head off.

So yeah, three powers playing off against each other.

Gerkuman
Riff Raff

View user profile http://court-records.net

Back to top Go down

Post  macjsus on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:44 pm

Gerkuman wrote:That's because there were. Or more accurately, 3 agendas.

Spoiler:
Ganon, Zelda and the Police tried to usurp the kingdom from Peach and the Dons. To do this, Ganon used the butchers, Ness and Lucas. But he needed an army to fight for him, so he got in contact with the G&W's and their prophet 'End of Days' (Olimar). Their agenda was to take back the kingdom for themelves. What Ganon didn't know was that the butchers were following Kirby, who casually escaped jail and lopped Ganon' head off.

So yeah, three powers playing off against each other.

Oh yeah Ganondorf... but wasnt he working for Kirby?

macjsus
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 pm

He didn't know Kirby was involved.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Neytari on Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:53 am

This was one complex online film/series. Blew my mind, yo!

Neytari
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycho666Soldier on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:49 am

Yeah it's one of those series you have to watch a few times over to completely catch everything, if you're not paying attention.

I hope in the DVD there's a subtitle option, because I couldn't always hear every intricacy of the dialogue, so I can see how some people didn't catch what was going on with the three-sided villain plot.

What I loved, and kind of saw coming just because they were playing it up to end up like this, was the fact that Bowser really had nothing to do with it. Though, if you go back through all the games, Bowser tends to end up helping out Mario to stop the greater evil, and he obviously just has a very extreme crush on the Princess, and a rival complex with Mario, so I could see why he wouldn't have much to do with the ultimate scheme in this series, though he was definitely aware of it.

"IT'S ALWAYS-A BOWSER!"

Psycho666Soldier
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 am

I agree that in the grand scheme of things I can't type right Bowser is not what I would consider a true villain, per say. He has been known to do mean or cruel things, I suppose, but over the course of the games he never came across as a heartlessly cruel person such as Ganondorf or Kefka. Bowser has passion and as you said he considers Mario his rival in many ways. Sometimes I think their rivalry gives him the drive to keep doing what he does.

I also agree that if there are DVDs later, that subtitles are a must. Occasionally I did have trouble understanding a line here and there, and clarification'd be nice. Plus I just have a habit of slapping subtitles on when I watch stuff sometimes.. especially if there is commentary, which I'm hoping to gods that there will be. *hint hint*

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JayDeth on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:15 pm

Bowser was way more brutal way back when before all them RPGs.

JayDeth
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiroshi Mishima on Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:45 pm

I guess it depends on how you interpret it. Even in the Sonic universe Dr. Robotnik is stated plainly in one of the manuals of the Sonic Adventure games to be a romantic. I'm quite certain that Bowser has a romantic side, as well.

Unless you mean brutal as in "willing to go the distance" on what he does. I dunno. I grew up with the NES games and the cartoon, and even then Bowser never seemed as "evil" as other game villians. He was mean and nasty and despicable, but that was it.

Hiroshi Mishima
Riff Raff

View user profile http://www.zebeth.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Psycho666Soldier on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 am

I always saw Bowser as the personification of "The Big/Prick Asshole Bully." He does things that piss people off, and goes to certain extremes, but other than his general greed and quest for power, he doesn't have ill intentions. People like Ganondorf thrive on the suffering of others. And yeah, Ganon was fueled by greed and sought power over all the land, but he obviously wanted to rule so he could have a tyrannical, brutal, iron fist and anyone that didn't follow his commands would be executed, or tortured horribly.

Bowser seems like he only wants to rule because he wants to boss people around. Not make their lives living hell, just adjust their lives so that their way of living caters to his own "needs." And anyone that didn't follow his rules would probably be put in some kind of confinement, that is poorly watched, and they could easily escape, or trick one of Bowser's lackeys to help 'em escape, lol.

Plus, his goal from the beginning was to kidnap the princess. Not kill her. Not even get any ransom from the kingdom. Then Mario came along and almost every plot of his from that point has purely been in spite of Mario, or attempting to get down and dirty with the princess.

Psycho666Soldier
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBlackPhoenix100 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:22 pm

A lot of the villains were just using each other for their own agenda. Here are examples-

G&W- He was an incarnation of the demons. The demons were his only true association.

Ganon- He wanted to rule. He used the End of Days for resources, and Satan's kids to inspire fear throughout the kingdom. He also had use for Kirby. He was using the kids to continue his legacy. He knew how much fear the cannibal inspired, and sought to increase it, and simultaneously, his own power. He was very manipulative and very clever, and knew how to use people.

Ness and Lucas- They're evil incarnate. They're Kirby's loyal dogs, and don't answer to anybody else.

End of Days- He was just a complete fuck-nut. Ganondorf was smart, so he knew how to get him on his side. He knew the demons followed Ganon, so he sided with him to get to the demons. He just wanted the world to burn, and was willing to follow anybody who'd allow him to fulfill said goal.

Kirby- Again, just a complete fuck-nut. He enjoyed inspiring terror in others, that's why he came to the Mushroom Kingdom. He sees others as just potential victims. That's how he sees everybody around him. Ness and Lucas, they're just weapons to him (albeit valuable ones). He knows full well that the Mushroom Kingdom is corrupt, that's why it's such a perfect playground for him.

TheBlackPhoenix100
Toad Thug

View user profile http://www.ultrasupermario.webs.com       www.youtube.com/user/t

Back to top Go down

Post  AdmiralMemo on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 pm

The only part I really didn't understand was whether there was a connection between the G&Ws in the earlier episodes and the ones in Episodes 9 & 10. We see a G&W driving a cab, one as a bartender, and one at DeDeDe's club. These all seem like nice enough characters, just going on with daily life, like the Toads and other background characters.

Then, we get to Episodes 9 & 10 and we see an army of G&Ws that seem to act like mindless Zergs, simply trying to overpower everyone by sheer numbers. What happened? Are the 3 from earlier not related to the army? Did they get brainwashed into the army? What?

AdmiralMemo
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://admiralmemo.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that they were biding their time until they were used. I might be wrong on that though.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top