TWBB Forum RP

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Forum RP

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 pm

I'd had this idea floating round my head recently. Would anyone be interested in doing a forum based RP? It wouldn't start just yet of course; we have the mafia and asylum games going on, plus we need to do some planning first anyway.

There's probably quite a few people here who are quite new to the whole RP thing, so here's a handy-dandy FAQ for you Very Happy

What's a forum RP?
A forum RP is essentially an interactive story. Each player controls a character and everybody collaborates in advancing the story. One person writes a post, the next writes a followup to it...you get the idea. The game is controlled by a GM, who comes up with plot and pokes players in certain directions.

So, what and when do I write?
You write about your character's reactions and the events transpiring around them. Some people get very bitchy about others putting words in their own character's mouth but I say it's fine, within reason. Just try and stay IC! Also, try and write at least a paragraph per post. It's not a chatroom; you're not getting away with single sentence posts!

As for when, try and aim for the very minimum of one post a week. If you can't be an active player then don't sign up, because it drags the game down and spoils it for the other players!

How many places are there?
Depends on interest, really. I'll say about 6 or 7, including the GM.

What setting will we be in?
No idea yet. That's what this thread is for!

I have an awesome character idea! She's Mario and Peach's daughter and she has cat ears and all animals love her and her power level is over 9000 and-
STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM. They'll be none of this Mary Sue malarky going on here! Whilst you might think your invincible, perfect character is awesome, everyone else thinks you're a dick. We'll go more into characters once we've decided on a setting, but for now, keep in mind that the best characters aren't perfect, but have flaws and weaknesses just like everybody else. That's what makes them so interesting!

So, if there's enough interest, what sort of setting should we do? I have a few ideas:
- The TWBB universe
- The universe of another game line
- Generic fantasy type thing

Personally I think a TWBB one would be quite interesting, but I'm open to suggestions. So, anyone interested, or have any ideas?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Forum RP

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Raya wrote:They'll be none of this Mary Sue malarky going on here!

Why, that happens to be my last name.

I would love to do this. What if we set it in the Smash universe instead of the Brawl universe though?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:48 pm

IMHO, it's about time someone stepped up for this.
Personally, I'd like this to be in an universe other than TWBB's. I think it kinda limits what we can do with the game. Just look at the other 2 games set in TWBB's universe right now, they have the same overall atmosphere. And while I know coming up with an original, non-generic universe is no easy task, it allows for more variety too. Well, that's my opinion on the matter.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I like the idea of an RP finally being on these forums. In the past, I've been apart of two RPs, one loosely based off Heroes and the other based off Resident Evil (the RE one is still technically going on, it's just moving very slow to the point where it'll probably die out soon, partly my fault cause I also kinda lost interest in writing). However, for me, an RP based on Smash Bros. has never been one to ever interest me. That, and I'm just picky.

Hope to see one of these pick up around here.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Serras-Kai on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:13 pm

I love RPs.
Just throwing that out there.

Serras-Kai
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:24 pm

Hmm I've taken part in a couple of similar collaborative story type things before and they were a lot of fun. This looks similar except there's a GM here and you get less control over other characters and the environment but it still looks cool. Put me down as interested.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 pm

Can we base it off the nintendoverse so we can have the utmost flexability But i'm in

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:07 pm

I'm in too.

....*Resist urge to create the character Mary Sue Malarky* ....

As for setting, Hmm.... How about Anytown USA? We let the characters define the story and not the setting. I understand we need a besic structure like on a spaceship or in WoW, but I cast my vote for basic suburbia.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:08 pm

Blue Madness wrote:IMHO, it's about time someone stepped up for this.
Personally, I'd like this to be in an universe other than TWBB's. I think it kinda limits what we can do with the game. Just look at the other 2 games set in TWBB's universe right now, they have the same overall atmosphere. And while I know coming up with an original, non-generic universe is no easy task, it allows for more variety too. Well, that's my opinion on the matter.

The idea I had for the TWBB game was that it was set shortly after the events of the series, and a new threat has emerged to fill the power void. The players would be characters who either didn't appear in TWBB, or only had very minor roles. Sorry guys, nobody gets to play Samus Wink

I agree there's a lot of grimdark at the moment, but as I said, I'm up for all suggestions.

Weldar wrote:Hmm I've taken part in a couple of similar collaborative story type things before and they were a lot of fun. This looks similar except there's a GM here and you get less control over other characters and the environment but it still looks cool. Put me down as interested.

The GM is mainly there to keep the game on track and provide background stuff. The players still have a lot of control, but the GM helps to keep things under control and moving (and throwing in plot twists!). They also have their own character, because they need to join in the fun too Smile Say for instance I'm GMing the TWBB game mentioned above. I know what the threat is, so I can write about how it reacts to the players' actions. It just stops things breaking down into chaos.

DRTJR wrote:Can we base it off the nintendoverse so we can have the utmost flexability But i'm in

The problem with having it based on game lines is ensuring that everybody knows what's going on. For instance, if we decided to do a Zelda game I couldn't join in because I haven't played many Zelda games so I'd be clueless (I know, I know, for shame Embarassed). Crossovers would be good, but it's coming up for the explanation as to why.

Oh, and TJ has just reminded me of something I forgot in my initial post. Another RP to consider is playing as yourself! One of my favourite RPs I've been in had everybody playing as themselves, having been sucked into the world of the Breath of Fire games. Everyone had gained some sort of powers (it's based on an RPG, after all), so the game revolved around learning to use their powers, figuring out why they were there and trying to save the world. It was great fun. Possibly another idea to consider?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:16 pm

The answer to your last question is in the paragraph above it's own.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:37 pm

I might join this one. Again, I'm pretty swamped with school, and already running a game of mafia, which were the reasons I didn't hop in on Mentok's game, so I can't give you a for sure answer here either.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:40 pm

count me in raya! =D

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:03 pm

I have only RPed once, and it was a Smash Bros RP. It was hella fun. only problem was, people started making characters that were *Based* off of smash characters, like Mary Sue Mullarkey, The Lucario pokemon that is the sister to the one in the game, but is red and invincible. And doesnt like to fight.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:21 pm

Serras-Kai wrote:I love RPs.
Just throwing that out there.

Same here.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:22 am

Raya wrote:

The GM is mainly there to keep the game on track and provide background stuff. The players still have a lot of control, but the GM helps to keep things under control and moving (and throwing in plot twists!). They also have their own character, because they need to join in the fun too Smile Say for instance I'm GMing the TWBB game mentioned above. I know what the threat is, so I can write about how it reacts to the players' actions. It just stops things breaking down into chaos.

Fair enough, I've never seen many problems when there's a lack of GM but I'm not complaining.

As for settings I'm happy with anything. I've got an interesting idea for a character in the TWBB universe but I'm happy with whatever.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 am

hurrpedurrr

anyone ever seen/saw The Stupid mario brothers? they have a pretty fun explaination.

portals have opend from "game"-worlds to the real world, and characters from those games meet eachother in the real world.

that could be an explaination, and everyone could choose a character from a series they know, so no cluelessness.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:36 am

who would've thought that movie would create a credible explaination for a RP

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 am

I don't think I like the idea of using pre-existing characters (or characters with lame excuses for a relationship with them) overall.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:52 am

I'm in.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:49 am

I'm glad there's so much interest Very Happy

So, the first hurdle's out of the way. Now the crunch question- what exactly does everyone want to play? We've had suggestions for a TWBB 'sequel', a multiverse crossover, Anytown and a fantasy world. What would people prefer? Also if you have any ideas for what the setting would be like, please share!

Blue Madness wrote:I don't think I like the idea of using pre-existing characters (or characters with lame excuses for a relationship with them) overall.

I agree, I'm not a huge fan of people using existing characters since you can guarantee their personalities will get massacred, but the advantage of TWBB is that since the characters are all warped anyway it doesn't matter Laughing

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:10 pm

I have been told I can play a pretty decent Snake, I don't think character massacring would be a problem.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:21 pm

My personal least favorite is still TWBB sequel. I think if we do something else entirely, it'll be a better game overall.

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:13 pm

Blue Madness wrote:My personal least favorite is still TWBB sequel. I think if we do something else entirely, it'll be a better game overall.
I agree with this post.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 am

Bumpan'

Anymore ideas or votes?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Multiverse with no major characters

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down