Who, how, when, and why?

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who, how, when, and why?

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Well, it's official. Straight from the man himself, "Maniac" Matt Mercer has stated:

Many, many more characters will be making appearances, from tiny cameos, to fully-involved personalities.

So here's the thread to make as many ridiculous claims as you want. Who do you want to see? Who do you think is going to be in for sure? How will they be portrayed in this darker storyline? "Mardi Gras" Matt Mercer has stated that he will be taking up a role later on. Who do you see him playing?

Personally, I'm very excited for Captain Falcon. You just know that whatever the guy does is going to be epic.

Buuuutttt, I think the most interesting storyline will wind up being Snake. I can't see him being anything other than a shady agent of an equally shady government. I'm telling you right now, there is going to be a scene where a group of previously-established characters stroll by a seemingly inconspicuous cardboard box. And the very next scene, my friends, something will explode. Something big. Something important. Something that you and I would look at on a hot summer day and say "Man, how sweet would it be if that thing exploded?"

So go wild with your theories. It doesn't even have to make sense, or even be remotely possible. Just have fun with it. Very Happy Who knows? Maybe "Millionaire" Matt Mercer will like your idea and work it into the show!*

*and maybe not.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who, how, when, and why?

Post  Nerdy on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:09 pm

While someone walks, you hear an audible squish, the character raises thier shoe to find a tiny spacesuit and a couple of brightly colored flowers.

Nerdy
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:31 pm

I wonder how closely this will follow the Brawl storyline, though. Ganondorf seems to be reclaiming his position as at least the apparent Big Bad, but will Master Hand make an appearance? What about Tabuu? R.O.B. deserves at least some sort of cameo- but with the nods to the departed Melee characters in Episode 1, I'm sure we can expect at least a sly reference to all 30-odd cast members of Super Smash Bros. Loved the nod to Waluigi, by the way- "Say hi to your brother for me!" "Fuck you!"- and also the quick reference to "Mr. Wright, with the city report!" It's these little things that make this series so promising.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 pm

In keeping with Gor's comments, I would like to guarantee to the forum, right now, that at some point in this webseries, the words "Hey! Listen!" Will be heard.

Whether or not it will quickly be followed by a violent death is up for question. Likely, but questionable.

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 pm

If there's a scene in the police office, Navi will probably be Link's secratary or something. I wonder how they'll fit Toon Link into this- and where in the world will Wolf be? Maybe he's Ganondorf's hitman or something.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostofthevoid on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:50 pm

1. A blonde woman pulls her laundry out of the wash while wearing a blue bodysuit. The static cling builds up, and in a flash of light she's wearing Samus' armor and mutters, slightly muffled by the helmet, "god-damn it, not again."

2. Mario comments "that's about as likely as a monkey flying around in a jetpack shooting peanuts at us."

3. Captain Falcon as a race-car driver who's being payed by Bowser to take a dive.

4. Ike as a loose-cannon police officer with his by-the-book captain (Marth) constantly telling him to cool down. ("But I can't! I'm on fire!"

5. Lots of men in brown trenchcoats working for Dedede, one having an eye-patch. (Waddle Doos and Waddle Dee)

ghostofthevoid
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:52 pm

If Captain Falcon doesn't end up being the best damn character in the whole series, I'm going to be very disappointed.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostofthevoid on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:54 pm

Maybe Toon Link could just be Link's kid. Or an aspiring police officer who emulates Link. Or just a police propaganda poster. "Toon Link wants YOU to join the MSKPD!"

ghostofthevoid
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pure_awesome on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:00 am

ghostofthevoid wrote:4. Ike as a loose-cannon police officer with his by-the-book captain (Marth) constantly telling him to cool down. ("But I can't! I'm on fire!"
Of course, by-the-book captain Marth is killed just two days away from retirement. Ike hunts down his killer, who begs for his/her life. Ike coolly replies "Don't expect me to pity you. The whole reason I do what I do is to defend those I care about."

I of course, mean "You'll get no sympathy from me. I fight for my friends."

And, on a last note before I get to bed, I'm really hoping that someone, at some point, says;
"Hey! ...hands off my bread, man."

pure_awesome
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 am

Maybe at some point, there can be a nasty editorial cartoon in the paper about the current police force, and Link can be depicted as Toon Link.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DMise on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 am

I'd love to see a dialogue between Ganondorf and Dedede, pertaining to who owns what turf.

D3 would be garbed in a pimp suit (obviously), and you could have a totally atypical Ganon, dressed in a business suit and given sass reminiscent of Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. Ganon could sip on some coffee, and add LonLon milk to lighten it up. Have Zelda as his whore, only using her for her triforce of wisdom, then have Ganon choke a bitch. Yea....

This is why I'm better off not writing movie scripts.

DMise
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:44 am

Yeah, Ganondorf will most certainly show up in a very fine, expensive business suit, looking like a real mafia don. Bowser and Dedede are thugs in comparison.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dpalay on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:57 am

Gorblax wrote:Yeah, Ganondorf will most certainly show up in a very fine, expensive business suit, looking like a real mafia don. Bowser and Dedede are thugs in comparison.
I beg to differ. While Bowser and Dedede are both willing to put in more direct physical effort than Ganondorf, they both still take a behind-the-scenes-let-the-underlings-fight stance. Bowser and Dedede just weren't afraid to reveal themselves, whereas Ganondorf really tends to try to stay behind the scenes.

dpalay
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostofthevoid on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:01 pm

DMise wrote:I'd love to see a dialogue between Ganondorf and Dedede, pertaining to who owns what turf.

D3 would be garbed in a pimp suit (obviously), and you could have a totally atypical Ganon, dressed in a business suit and given sass reminiscent of Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne. Ganon could sip on some coffee, and add LonLon milk to lighten it up. Have Zelda as his whore, only using her for her triforce of wisdom, then have Ganon choke a bitch. Yea....

This is why I'm better off not writing movie scripts.

"...Is Ganondorf gonna have to flame-choke a bitch?"

And I disagree, you should totally write movie scripts. Epic win.

ghostofthevoid
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FinalGamer on Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:58 pm

pure_awesome wrote:
ghostofthevoid wrote:4. Ike as a loose-cannon police officer with his by-the-book captain (Marth) constantly telling him to cool down. ("But I can't! I'm on fire!"
Of course, by-the-book captain Marth is killed just two days away from retirement. Ike hunts down his killer, who begs for his/her life. Ike coolly replies "Don't expect me to pity you. The whole reason I do what I do is to defend those I care about."

I of course, mean "You'll get no sympathy from me. I fight for my friends."

And, on a last note before I get to bed, I'm really hoping that someone, at some point, says;
"Hey! ...hands off my bread, man."
Soon as I saw that idea of Ike being a police officer I thought of this conversation in my head:
Marth: "Dammit Ike, you've been as subtle as a fire in a forest, and for what? All for yourself???"
Ike: "Let's get something straight here pretty-boy, I don't fight for myself, I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS!!!"

Though I do like your idea of Marth being killed or wounded with Ike taking revenge.

FinalGamer
Riff Raff

View user profile http://finalgamer.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A few ideas...

Post  Haha on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 pm

I would like to see Pikachu as some drugged out tweeker kid, Yoshi as a is-he-a-man-or-is-he-a-woman (think Crying Game) whore, Sonic doing the Adrian Veidt thing from WATCHMEN, Donkey Kong as a gigantic thug with a heart of gold, Ness as a badass sociopathic kid, Bowser as a pimp, and Fox as a closeted homosexual.

Haha
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:27 pm

I think it would be fitting if Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Lucario were members of an illegal underground fighting ring. Yoshi is probably nothing more than an animal, perhaps a pet of the princess ala the Super Mario Bros. movie. As in "This cloud smells like Yoshi turds!". DK is definitely going to end up being Bowser's heavy muscle. I dunno where Fox and Falco fit into all this.

Idea about Captain Falcon, BTW- perhaps he could end up being Samus Aran's pimp. "Where is my godamn falcon-money, bitch?" "I'm sorry, Captain! You know I'm working as hard as I can to make enough to get back into space!" "Back into falcon-space, she says. Back into space! You've got a mouth on you, don't you? You know what happens to a bitch when she's got a mouth?" "No, captain! Please, don't! I'll do better tomorrow night, I swear!" "FALCON SLAP!" *wh-PSSSSH!* "Too late, bitch. Now you better learn your falcon-place. Or do you want your ass back on Ridley's turf where I found you?"

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Takuthehedgehog on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:59 pm

FinalGamer wrote:Soon as I saw that idea of Ike being a police officer I thought of this conversation in my head:
Marth: "Dammit Ike, you've been as subtle as a fire in a forest, and for what? All for yourself???"
Ike: "Let's get something straight here pretty-boy, I don't fight for myself, I FIGHT FOR MY FRIENDS!!!"
I think it would be funnier if he said "I fight for my co-workers!"

Takuthehedgehog
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AileStrike on Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:18 pm

D3 was an interesting character in brawl, he never really was on the bad side. In the original kirby games he was often the final boss for different reasons, like how he's a glutton and stole all the food in dreamland, or trying to prevent kirby from creating the dream rod and releasing nightmare(kirby did not know he was releasing nightmare by doing this) He only played their game but wasn't out for the same goals as wario, bowser and ganon. I can't wait to see how he turns out

now Meta-knight will be cool to see, perhaps a caped crusader hiding behind a mask fighting evil in the shadows, kind of batman like. he rides a modified motorcycle he calls the halberd He's also an interesting character, originally opposing kirby mainly because meta-knights goal was to end the lazy lifestyle in popstar by conquering the land, just Kirby didn't like that. it'll be interesting to see how meta-knight and kirby will interact as meta-knight often acted as a mentor/rival to kirby in the series.

Kirby game characters on the surface look quite shallow but it's surprising how deep they are.

AileStrike
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ghostofthevoid on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:25 am

I'm suspecting that Yoshi is the cannibal. It's either him, Dedede, or Wario. (It relatively fits in with the "chomp" attack)

ghostofthevoid
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:23 am

Dedede and Wario don't really fit in as the culprits with the personalities they have been given in this story. Yoshi's a credible guess, but I don't think so. Remember- the killer, whoever he is, left their "tiny guts" behind. Who would need a hollow body? I'll tell you: Game and Watch. How else can he take on a physical form?

Come to think of it: better theory. Why would you need a body but leave the insides behind? One word, my friends: taxidermy. After all, you can't have a Super Smash Bros. story without trophies...

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mephitis on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:30 am

There is, of course, one other possibility for the killer.

Snake.

He's a well trained stealthy assassin type who could easily have killed so many without a trace and has been known to munch on animals at least, and there's another possibility that he's not eating them but working for someone who wants their bodies.

Mephitis
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sayain_zubas on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Mephitis wrote:There is, of course, one other possibility for the killer.

Snake.

He's a well trained stealthy assassin type who could easily have killed so many without a trace and has been known to munch on animals at least, and there's another possibility that he's not eating them but working for someone who wants their bodies.

bowser? gannondorff????? YOSHI?!?!??!?!

sayain_zubas
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Nah, the kill of Pichu and Roy was certainly carried out by a psychopath- but if you listen to the police broadcast regarding Mewtwo's remains, it seems to be by someone else entirely, as more than the guts were left behind. I'd say Ganondorf hired someone to carry out that hit- maybe Snake, or even Wolf.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonas on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Gorblax wrote:Idea about Captain Falcon, BTW- perhaps he could end up being Samus Aran's pimp. "Where is my godamn falcon-money, bitch?" "I'm sorry, Captain! You know I'm working as hard as I can to make enough to get back into space!" "Back into falcon-space, she says. Back into space! You've got a mouth on you, don't you? You know what happens to a bitch when she's got a mouth?" "No, captain! Please, don't! I'll do better tomorrow night, I swear!" "FALCON SLAP!" *wh-PSSSSH!* "Too late, bitch. Now you better learn your falcon-place. Or do you want your ass back on Ridley's turf where I found you?"
Nah, Captain Falcon needs to be some kind of a street racer type. He should always wear sunglasses in an attempt to look cool Smile

Jonas
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 15 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum