Earthbound/Mother Series

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Earthbound/Mother Series

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:12 am

EARTHBOUND IS A SHIT GAME NOBODY PLAYS IT LOLOL

Last edited by Blue Madness on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Earthbound/Mother Series

Post  ByDarwinsBeard on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:48 am

The BRAWL Web-Series and the Mother 3 fan translation: Two very awesome labors of love from two very talented and dedicated groups of fans.
The Nintendo fandom has delivered more this year than Nintendo themselves have, it seems.

Keep it up fans!

(don't forget to preorder you copy of the also very awesome fan produced Mother 3 handbook!)
(and donate money to these guys so they can continue to wow us with more BRAWL!)

Last edited by ByDarwinsBeard on Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to capitalize "BRAWL" to accentuate the awesome.)

ByDarwinsBeard
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:04 pm

I don't think Earthbound is unpopular. It's just not as hugely blown up as series like Final Fantasy, and I think it's a good thing... a VERY good thing.

Also, the Mother 3 fan translation was, like, the most anticipated fan translation EVER. That has to say SOMETHING about its popularity.

But the first Mother? Yeah, no one cares about that.

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://dentsinthewall.wordpess.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:48 pm

I'll probably dl Mother 3. And thanks for not posting links. (not sarcastic, btw)

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:03 pm

Super Smash Bros raised huge awareness of the earthbound/mother series here in america, or at least made it better known than it would have been otherwise.

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gaiages on Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:07 pm

SurgePox wrote:Super Smash Bros raised huge awareness of the earthbound/mother series here in america, or at least made it better known than it would have been otherwise.

Yes, it did, as it did for the Fire Emblem series.

Thank you, Smash Bros series, for making such great things known to the American eye. I love you

gaiages
Corrupt Officer

View user profile http://dentsinthewall.wordpess.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:26 pm

gaiages wrote:Yes, it did, as it did for the Fire Emblem series.
Melee IS the reason I'm into Fire Emblem, even though the first game didn't have Marth or Roy in it aside from a cameo appearance at the end.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:05 am

gaiages wrote:Thank you, Smash Bros series, for making such great things known to the American eye. I love you

Much Agreed

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:18 am

I knew about Earthbound before Smash Bros 64 because my cousin managed to snag a copy, and I've got it tucked away in a drawer with the rest of my SNES cartridges.

Though....I never really managed to get into the game. I tried, really I did. The game struck me as hard. very hard. At some point I did something stupid, and thus grinded a lot and thought my people were a bit over leveled for the area they were in after i managed to defeat a certain boss, that you just actually had to use an item on and you won cause the boss just sat there after you used it. However, this either wasn't the case or just the monsters were super powerful, cause I managed to get whacked.

Aside from that, it was because it was an RPG. I'm not very successful at completing RPG's....they bore me at some point after awhile, due to the monotony of it. The flow of the game is always "get into a fight. press fight or magic. select spell and monster. press button. watch." That bores me after awhile, which is why I haven't beaten many FF's.

Not to say EB isnt a good game, cause honestly I think it is....I just have a hard time sticking to RPG's.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:16 pm

I think the boss of which you speak is just practically invincible unless you use the item, then he's just a normal boss.

Well I just finished Mother 3 and I must say the game is amazing, great plot and it was fun all the way ,although it helps that I love RPG's. There was something weird with the difficulty of the bosses it was pretty good most of the way through, not too hard or easy. But one boss was insanely difficult, and then the next was even harder. Then after that they went back to normal. I'd say those two were much harder than even the final boss

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:06 am

Still think Ninten should have at least been a trophy. =(

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:52 am

Yeah. Ninten Need more love.

Apparently, He is Ness' Dad. (Makes sense I guess)

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:54 am

NO WAI! The resemblance is uncanny, I guess... I learned something new today.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:47 pm

Gorblax wrote:Still think Ninten should have at least been a trophy. =(

The trophy selection in Brawl is crap. DK, Metroid, and Star Fox were okay, Zelda had heaps but they were all from TP and WW which sucks, Mario was okay but had way too much random crap, Pokemon had way too much and everyone else got virtually nothing.

Also Giygas needed to be in in some way shape or form

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Even if we have no control over the roster (which is fair enough, I admit), they should have at least let us voice who we wanted in the game as TROPHIES.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 am

In an ever so slightly related note I posted a smash moveset for Salsa and Fassad on smashboards a couple of days ago. It's near the bottom of this page if anyone's interested in having a look.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gameorama91 on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:13 am

I'll get to Mother 3 as soon as I'm done with Earthbound lol.

Gameorama91
Toad Thug

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:49 am

Just reminded me to do something, Weldar. Thanks.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:21 am

I've just gotten up to the first Masked Man Battle.

Jeez i'm effing slow.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gorblax on Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:38 am

You've got all the time in the world. Not like Mother 4's coming out any time soon.

Gorblax
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:14 am

Ah Fobby, I have a question for you, and anyone else who's played the game up until that point. Did you find the battles with the Barrier Trio and the Masked Man way harder than any of the other bosses. I found that compared to any boss before than point those two were miles ahead in difficulty but after that the bosses came back down to a bearable level again, but friend of mine seems to think otherwise.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:46 pm

Finished it! XD

Actually, considering that I was at least 10-15 levels below than I should have been, I found all of them to be quite challenging. Because y'know, that's how I like to play RPG's.

Basically, i'd say I safely got both on my 2nd and 3rd tries.

Basic Formula with bosses,
3 Defense up Omega
3 Offense down Alpha/Scary Mask
3 Offense up Omega
3 Defense down Omega/Tickle Stick
Trial and Error PSI Abilities
Trial and Error Beat of BG song
Spam Bash/PSI
Heal
Owned

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 am

I'm funny with RPG's I never wan6t to use healing items cause I'm afraid I'll want them later, so I rely on healing magic, but then I don't want to use offensive magic cause I don't want to run out of magic and have to use a magic restoring item and end up relying on bashes.

My battle plan was something like this:

Lucas: Sheilds, Bash, Lifeup and Healing when necessary
Duster: Smoke Bomb, Scary Mask, Tickle Stick, Bash
Kumatora: Bash, Lifeup, maybe stat changers
Boney: Sniff, Combat Items, Bash

And for regualr enemies: bash, bash, bash, bash, bash

I think the reason I found those bosses so hard was I didn't have PK shield omega yet

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:49 am

Weldar wrote:I'm funny with RPG's I never wan6t to use healing items cause I'm afraid I'll want them later, so I rely on healing magic, but then I don't want to use offensive magic cause I don't want to run out of magic and have to use a magic restoring item and end up relying on bashes.

My battle plan was something like this:

Lucas: Sheilds, Bash, Lifeup and Healing when necessary
Duster: Smoke Bomb, Scary Mask, Tickle Stick, Bash
Kumatora: Bash, Lifeup, maybe stat changers
Boney: Sniff, Combat Items, Bash

And for regualr enemies: bash, bash, bash, bash, bash

I think the reason I found those bosses so hard was I didn't have PK shield omega yet

The funny thing about the mother series is that in Earthbound/Mother 2, they used PSI (Which stands for psychic.) But in the Smash brothers Games, they introduced PK (PSI Magnet still the same though). And now in Mother 3, they use PK.

>_< Confused

Last edited by Fobby on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Borangez)

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 am

Yes that one is strange, still PK sound better if you're yelling it out (PSI Fire just wouldn't be as cool now would it)

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top