TWBB Mafia 3 - This Game's Winner Is..... THE MAFIA.

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWBB Mafia 3 - This Game's Winner Is..... THE MAFIA.

Post  Weldar on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:58 am

"You wanna hear a story kid? Why not just watch what's about to go down instead. Once again the Mushroom Kingdom lies in chaos and in this chaos a group is about to make a play for power. An unholy alliance, a group of some of the most respected, or feared people in the whole Kingdom are about to take over. The Kingdom's fate lies in the hands of these 17 people, so evil some good. Depending on what they do the Kingdom'll either be saved or it'll be damned. So instead of asking me for a history lesson keep an eye on these 17, watch history being made. Because by the time they're finished the Kingdom will never be the same."

That's right guys it's time for this forum's third mafia game. We don't have any first timers here so I'm sure you don't need me to go over the basic rules again. However this game may be a little different to the others so there's some important rules you'll need to know.

*Here's the big change. I'm using a different format for this game, the "nightless" format. Allow me to explain. In a traditional game you have the day phase and night phase each lasts about the same time, voting happens during the day, night actions at night. In this format the night phase is eliminated, it's the there mechanichswise but gameplaywise it's gone, it only lasts about 10 - 15 minutes. All night actions must be sent in during the day. You may also include a backup choice or two in your just so you don't get screwed over if your main choice suddenly ends up lynched or otherwise unavailable for targeting.

*Now onto some controversial issues. Number one pms. Townies may pm in this game but there is a 3 pm a day limit (this doesn't apply to the mafia obviously) enough to do a little behind the scenes chatting but it'll be hard to start up large scale alliances. If you send the same pm to two people that counts as two pms. Some roles may come with extra restrictions on pms. Now I realize I have no way of enforcing any pm based restrictions. Still this is a game we are all playing for fun, there's no prize for winning so please be a good sport and don't break the rules. If you catch someone breaking these rules please report them, your honest may be rewarded. Repeatedly breaking the rules is an offense punishable by death.

*Two roleclaims. I'm going to take a stance of allowed but not exactly supported. Be warned there are mechanics in place which will make roleclaiming quite a risky move, think twice before doing so.

* Three, death reveals. In this game there will be affiliation reveals and characters reveals on death but not role reveals. Say for example you lynched me and I was Roy a vanilla innocent. You would get the message "You Lynched Weldar he was Roy, an innocent" however if I was the Cop the message would be exactly the same, same if i was the doctor or roleblocker or anything. The only time the message would be different would be if I was a mafain then it would say "a mafain" instead of "an innocent"

*Another important one, ties. In the event of a tie RNG will act as a tie breaker to determine the lynch. However the plot will not specify whether there was a tie or a majority was reach through.... other means.

*That's all I can think of right now but I reserve the right to change any rules if I think it is necessary in future.

List of Players:

1: JGH27
2: Spontaneous Combustion
3: smashbro
4: DRTJR
5: td260
6: DarkFalco
8: Avalanch91
9: TheTJ
10: Raya
11: Ansem
12: Warchamp7
13: Minby_Aran
14: SnakeInABox
15: queen_camilla
16: Fobby
17: Sahrimnir

The names of the deceased are marked in red.

Everyone on the list should have received a role pm, if you didn't get one pm me.

Now it is currently about 10pm in my timezone (Australia East Coast Daylight Saving Time I think?) I'd like to have nights fall at 5 pm. So I'm going to it 43 hours until night falls. If I don't get enough votes/actions I'll extend it by another 24 hours.

So without further ado let the games begin!

Last edited by Weldar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:56 pm; edited 12 times in total

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 3 - This Game's Winner Is..... THE MAFIA.

Post  DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:53 am

So far the Townie and Mafia are tied at 1-1
This is the deciding game it is the final count down

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:56 am

cant we play best out of 5? I kinda like mafia games

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:11 am

I would think that it would be the end of the TWBB themed Mafia's and the start of a new trilogy.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:34 am

DRTJR wrote: it is the final count down

BA BA BA BA

BABA BA BA BA

*cycles back into town* Guess this game is the decider then. Time to take back the Kingdom from the mafia once and for all!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:00 am

Weldar wrote:
*Now onto some controversial issues. Number one pms. Townies may pm in this game but there is a 5 pm a day limit (this doesn't apply to the mafia obviously) enough to do a little behind the scenes chatting but it'll be hard to start up large scale alliances. If you send the same pm to two people that counts as two pms. Some roles may come with extra restrictions on pms. Now I realize I have no way of enforcing any pm based restrictions. Still this is a game we are all playing for fun, there's no prize for winning so please be a good sport and don't break the rules. If you catch someone breaking these rules please report them, your honest may be rewarded. Repeatedly breaking the rules is an offense punishable by death.
This is pretty strange. I've never seen PM's allowed for everyone in a mafia game before this. Admittedly it's really hard to know who you can trust, so I guess it's not game breaking. But we'll see.
As for who to lynch today, no idea yet. Someone, act suspicious. Please.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:11 am

No Mentok to lynch this game.....hmm I'm outta ideas lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 am

JGH27 wrote:No Mentok to lynch this game.....hmm I'm outta ideas lol
aww that makes me sad lol. where is the mindtaker?

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm

This game is going to be a blowout in one direction. I'm calling it now.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:29 pm

The two previous ones where

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:17 pm

JGH27 wrote:No Mentok to lynch this game.....hmm I'm outta ideas lol
I guess that means your boned. Razz

Wait... *disappears*

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I elect Vote:Mentok to be the new vote:Nobody

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:56 pm

Minby_Aran wrote:I elect Vote:Mentok to be the new vote:Nobody
This.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:03 am

smashbro wrote:
This.

hi, i'm Ansem, and i support this message!

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 am

Ansem wrote:
smashbro wrote:
This.

hi, i'm Ansem, and i support this message!

well fine. untill further notice: vote: nobody

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:51 am

Nono, you've got it backwards.

It should be Vote: Mentok

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:30 am

TheTJ wrote:Nono, you've got it backwards.

It should be Vote: Mentok
Just so no one is confused or unclear, I don't approve of this Minby.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:03 am

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:

This is the problem whenever the game starts; it's all guesswork, and since there's more townies than mafia we're more likely to lynch one of our own than a mafia member. Saying that, a day we don't lynch is another day the mafia live. That's what probably got us in the last game.

Then again, nobody ever wants to cast the first stone Razz So...should we vote for someone and hope they're mafia, or hold off until we have more clues so we can make a proper choice?

Last edited by Raya on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistake)

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:54 am

Ugh, The forums don\'t work unless I use anonymizers.

And I hate using this shit.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:26 am

Vote:Mentok

I don't know who is innocent or guilty

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:08 am

i'll hold off taking a vote for a little while longer i think. raya's right not voting is what got us killed last time.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Mentok is now the unofficial 18 player. enclosed in this spoiler is Mentok's super not secret role.

Spoiler:
You are Ganondorf the Shadow Don. You hide in the shadows if someone tries to act on you they will be unable to find you and the action will fail, this even applies to lynches. However you must always remain hidden in the shadows, you may not vote, send pms or even post. You are so will hidden that your presence will not count for or against any team's win condition

Onto more serious notes I've edited the rules a little. A rule about ties has been added (RNG is the tiebreaker) and the daily pm limited has been lowered to 3.

Finally, get your votes and actions in people. There's about 10 hours left in the day and there's been three votes and next to no actions sent in, I think I'm probably going to extend the day.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:38 pm

Day Action:

In the ruins of the Mushroom Kingdom a faint light shone through the darkness. All throughout the kingdom citizens turned their attention to these faint beacons, to the warm glow of the flickering television. It was the Mushroom Kingdom News. The citizens watched, heart full of hope. Hoping that the new Lakitu brought today would be good.

"My fellow citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom. Dark days are upon us. Once again the evil mafia has risen up, seeking to claim the Kingdom as their own. No more! We must rid our Kingdom of this menace, purge them from our streets, lynch them high!

Of course this will be no easy task. So to aid us in our mission I am sending out my diligent team of reporters to scour the streets for clues. Every day I'll provide you with reports on what they've uncovered. The clues may be vague, but surely we can use them to divine the guilty from the innocent.

Our first report comes from our informant performing...research(?) into the vice dens. A proposed meeting between the mafia and a treacherous citizen took place last night, surely to discuss this latest uprising. A name arose a few times...the reports are unclear, but the name seemed to make no sense. It was a garbled nonsense, maybe a code word or an acronym.

Who was this person? A mafia member, or their next victim? Whatever the answer, stay strong and vigilant, fellow citizens.

Until tomorrow's report, this is the Mushroom Kingdom news. Now, onto the weather!"

Last edited by Weldar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Weldar wrote:Mentok is now the unofficial 18 player. enclosed in this spoiler is Mentok's super not secret role.

Spoiler:
You are Ganondorf the Shadow Don. You hide in the shadows if someone tries to act on you they will be unable to find you and the action will fail, this even applies to lynches. However you must always remain hidden in the shadows, you may not vote, send pms or even post. You are so will hidden that your presence will not count for or against any team's win condition
Heh, for a second, I took that seriously. Vote: Mentok.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Weldar wrote:
*Now onto some controversial issues. Number one pms. Townies may pm in this game but there is a 5 pm a day limit (this doesn't apply to the mafia obviously) enough to do a little behind the scenes chatting but it'll be hard to start up large scale alliances. If you send the same pm to two people that counts as two pms. Some roles may come with extra restrictions on pms. Now I realize I have no way of enforcing any pm based restrictions. Still this is a game we are all playing for fun, there's no prize for winning so please be a good sport and don't break the rules. If you catch someone breaking these rules please report them, your honest may be rewarded. Repeatedly breaking the rules is an offense punishable by death.
This is pretty strange. I've never seen PM's allowed for everyone in a mafia game before this. Admittedly it's really hard to know who you can trust, so I guess it's not game breaking. But we'll see.
This makes me suspicious. Most townie's honestly wouldn't be calling out a rule that is mostly designed to work in their favor and make them slightly less akin to lemmings being led off of a cliff. Also, it seems that although he had an issue with it, he didn't point out the very obvious fact that mafia can use this to secretly manipulate the townies. Maybe he plans to do this himself and is not wanting it to be on our minds.
Either way, Spont, you just made my suspicious list.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top