TWBB Mafia 3 - This Game's Winner Is..... THE MAFIA.

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: TWBB Mafia 3 - This Game's Winner Is..... THE MAFIA.

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm gonna start writing up the night post now. Night hasn't fallen yet but it might be a little early. If you have any last minute changes or decisions then you'd better hurry.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:54 pm

The town gathered once more in what may very well have been their final meeting. Smashbro's death had shaken some of them. Apparently he had been at the heart of the fight against the mafia, searching to find who they truly were. And now that he was gone Raya had taken up his legacy, or so she claimed. The others believed her, she was a figure who had been in the public eye, who appeared to have been helping them. To them it looked like Lakitu had finally come out of the newstation and taken was leading the charge against the mafia on the ground. And so they listened to her as she accused Spontaneous Combustion, the supposed friend of the late Avalanche, of being the last mafia. And they ignored his defenses as he poured out everything he knew on his way to the gallows.

Spontaneous Combustion was lynched. He was Wolf, innocent

td260 wandered through the streets, twin hammers in his hands, filled with rage. Despite the success of his previous attack his thirst for revenge had not yet been quenched. He wouldn't rest until all of the mafia were dead. He spotted his target, Sahrimnir, there draped in his robes with a hammer of his own. But that hammer would not help him, he'd never get a chance to use. td260 charged forward screaming madly and smashed Sahrimnir from behind, he fell to the ground, dead. td260 was feeling pretty pleased about this accomplishment when Raya stepped out of the shadows, gun pointed at his chest.
"I had really hoped you wouldn't decide to do that."
td260 made a desperate charge forward. Raya fired.
Sahrimnir was killed, he was King Dedede. A mafian. The mafia killed td260. He was Nana, innocent.

queen_camilla drove nervous to the town meeting. She was all alone today, there wasn't even anyone for her to pick up in the taxi. When she arrived she found Raya already there, gun pointed at the door. She'd doged two bullets before but she couldn't dodge this one.

Game Over. The Mafia win.

I'll make a post listing who everyone was and what there powers were soon.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Fuck yea, bitches! Mafia, great game. I was Kirby obviously, and my power was to suck people up and take their powers. I ate Jeremy, and the power I gained was magnetism. So that night when you all protected/scanned/roleblocked/insertpowered me? Yea. Twas a fun distraction.

Great game. I would love to play again. Or host. Either or.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:04 pm

Well, we had our own little forum to talk on. And in case it wasn't clear, Raya was Lakitu and a mafian that scans innocent.

I wanted this posted when I died, but never got the chance till now soo....

"Found in the desk of Bowser K. Koopa:

My dear friends,

If you are reading this, it means I've been killed. If that is the case you are all probably quite aware that I was mafia. No, I make no apologies for what I did, for I did it for the good of the kingdom.

I have spent many long years in the spotlight as an evil-doer, an enemy to my homeland and hated by many, but I'd do it all again for one simple reason.

You needed me.

Yes, you did. I was the one unifying force behind this kingdom's prosperity. Without me you would have fallen to in-fighting or some other foe not as civic minded as I.

So spread your lies, say I was a "monster", but do so knowing I took on the role for the benifit of all my brother citizens in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Signed,
Bowser K. Koopa
"

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:06 pm

Some of the names in our forum include:

Oh-ho, developments!
Ok bitches, here be my new plan.
FUCK FUCK FUCK
Uh-oh, spaghetti-oes.
OOPSIE. NEW PROBLEMS
Cop identified!
Wait, what?
Murderan' and stabban'

I thought it was funny.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 pm

Could we see the forum? It would be fun to know what the mafia was planning and what went on.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:46 pm

Of course you can. That's part of the reason I even made a sideboard.

Here it is. You should be able to see everything now. If you can't let me know and I'll fiddle with the admin settings some more.

Big role post incoming.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SurgePox on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:07 am

The anticipation is killing me.

Also fuck you guys for judging me as a threat, I only ended up going after innocents.

smashbro wrote:another_smash_brother: Imma love my pokemanz
another_smash_brother: thay pwn bitches
another_smash_brother: thats when they ride on bitches

SurgePox
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:08 am

Sif!

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:18 am

RAYA.... I THOUGHT WANT WE HAD WAS SPECIAAAAAAAAL!!! Sad

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkawai_baka_420Xx on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:21 am

I trusted you man. Seriously.

Ugh, I should have figured this out too when Raya didn't know what I was talking about.

xXkawai_baka_420Xx
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Location : >insert some witty crap video game reference to make myself cool among the crowd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:22 am

Yes, yes... It was all very devious.

I'm ready for round 4 though.

Who's hosting/what's the theme?

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:38 am

OBVIOUS FAIL TROLL wrote:I trusted you man. Seriously.

Ugh, I should have figured this out too when Raya didn't know what I was talking about.
I looked at game 2 and figured that if the townies were to stand a chance, alliances would have to be made. Figures I fucking scan the godfather on the first night! I had a 1/15 shot for that. And to top it off she is Lakitu AND provides the news reports. I figured then no way could that role be meant to mislead.

Also, why the fuck didn't anyone kill me earlier?! I was hot on the mafia's trail (save for Raya). Townies got pretty damn close to winning, and it could have been a one-sided victory like Minby predicted, but no. Looking back, the outcome could ghave been different had I chose to not share everything. That said, I love you for keeping me around Raya. I love you Feel free to use me again. :B

Aside from allying with the godfather (can you seriously blame me?), I'd say I did a pretty damn good job as cop. This game was a lot of fun.

Also, I wouldn't mind hosting a game. Then again, I do love playing.

"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah, you really had us on the ropes for over half the game. Credit where it's due.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 am

Okay then roles. There's a lot of these, it's not full chocolate but it's pretty damn close. I wasn't sure how balanced it would be but in the end things were pretty close so I guess it wasn't too bad. I think I may have made the mafia a little too strong but overall it was okay.

Let's start with the mafia, though I'm sure you've all figured out who they were:

Raya was Lakitu, she scanned as innocent. She was the one behind the news reports. She could say whatever she liked in the news reports, she didn't even have to present them in the report format if she didn't want to. She was also untraceable so she wouldn't show up in the tracker reports if she made the kill but that never came into play.I personally love anonymous message type roles, they're great and worl just as well on either side, Raya managed to use her role quite well, the whole reporter role she fabricated for herself was quite interesting, I'd actually consider having something like it in a future game. Admitting though that fact she was the fairly innocent seeming Lakitu helped alot (though some did point out Lakitu isn't all good in TWBB) and she got really lucky being scanned by the cop on night one. If that hadn't happened this game would have been very different.

SnakeInABox was Kirby. He's explained his role pretty well. Sadly he never got a chance to use his power much, all he got was J's magnetism. His plan to use the power to draw the doctor off smash would have been a good one had he not also decided to perform the kill himself. funnily enough that night Spont chose to block SnakeInABox so even if he hadn't used the ,magnetism he still would have failed.

Sahrimnir was Dedede. He had two powers, sex and cash. Every night he could either roleblock or bribe someone (but not both). When someone was bribed Sah got control of their vote. The victim was only told that someone else was in control of their vote not who had it or where they were placing it, they could still post a vote if they wanted but it wouldn't be counted. This is the reason Warchamp was lynched instead of Camilla that day, one of the people voting for Camilla (DarFalco I think) had been bribed so her vote was actually on Warchamp.

Avalanche was Mewtwo. He could read someone's mind every night which would give clues about their role or character. They system I used for the results was something like this. If the target used an action like that then he got clues about that action, if they didn't act they got clues about what character it was. Scanning a second time would give clues about what the first didn't and scanning for a third time would give full details about them. I was curious to try a mafain information gathering role but it was tricky to balance. In the end I think it ended up being not too useful.

TheTJ was Bowser. He could burn 3 lynch victims per game. He could also burn the victim of the night kill if he was the one who performed it. If he was lynched he would pull out a bomb and take someone down with him. I think I made this role just a little OP but that fact he wasn't lynched canceled that out.

Now the innocents.

Smashbro was Luigi, the Cop. He could only pm people he'd scanned.

JGH27 was the Sandbag. He could choose to redirect the mafia's kill onto himself, he also wasn't allowed to pm. This is why he ended up taking a bullt for Camilla who been pushing to lynch.

Minby was Fox he was the HandBag Wielding Old Lady type role (apparently also known as the Elite Bodyguard) He could protect someone every night. If the mafia tried to kill the person he was protecting both Minby and the attacking mafian would die. An interesting thing to note is, this game had no doctor, Minby and JGH were the closest thing to one.

DarkFalco was Snake, she was a tracker. Every night she could follow someone and see who they visited (acted on).

Spontaneous Combustion was indeed Wolf the roleblcoker.

td260 and Fobby had a kind of unique role. They were the Ice Climbers, some sort of lover/vigilante combo, kinda. Each of them knew the identify of the other but weren't allowed to pm each other. Each day they could both send me a name to kill, if they both sent the same name then they would make the kill, if they sent in different names nothing happened. When one died the other gained the power to kill alone but had to wait 2 nights after making the kill before they could kill again.

Ansem also had a kinda unique role. He was Link. If 2/3 of the living players had voted he could call a curfew and make night fall early. If any night actions hadn't been sent in by that time well too bad they wouldn't be happening that night.

Camilla was Gdub. She had a Taxi Driver (or Bus Driver if you prefer) type role. Dodging two bullets, pure luck. Oh and she couldn't pm

Warchamp was indeed Wario, the townie who scans as mafia. I'm really sorry Warchamp you got the worst role. You saved my ass in the first game and were in the mafia with me in the second and this is how I repay you? (RNG's a bitch)

SurgePox and DRTJR were Captain Falcon and Pit, the games only 2 vanilla innocents. And they were both killed on the first day. I was considering giving Surge a single falcon punch (unblockable nightkill) after DRTJR died nut then they both died on the same day so it didn't happen.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:58 am

What? We had no doctor, yet the mafia all had special roles?

Also, I like how I was Luigi again, but this time actually having something useful.

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:08 am

True but you had JGH and Minby for protection (though they only worked once) and to some degree Camilla. You also had a Cop, Tracker, Roleblcoker, 2 Vigilantes (kinda) with the potential to obtain an extra single bullet one and Ansem (who could have used his power to take the mafia by surprise and make night fall before they sent in a kill)

And yeah We got some funny coincidences with the roles. TJ got the character in his avatar and Sahrimnir who claimed mafia before the game started was indeed mafia. (And it was all RNG)

smashbro wrote:

Also, why the fuck didn't anyone kill me earlier?!

As far as I understand on the first night the were scared it was a trap so decided to wait. The next night they tried but Snake was blocked. After that they though they were one kill away from victory so they went for Ansem since he was unlikely to be protected but td killed TJ evening out the numbers. Then they decided Minby was actually a bigger threat than you were by this point and went for him. When you finally did die they were expecting the game to end that night and Raya was going to stab you in the back for an epic final kill.

Still not killing you wasn't a bad move. Your pming restriction meant Raya could actually filter the information you released to some degree, especially when your other contacts died. And her position of power let her find out the roles of lots of people, near the end they new who everyone was expect for Camilla. And of course it made her look so not suspicious, do you think you really would have guessed it was her in the end?

Anyway I had a lot of fun hosting and I'd love to do it again sometime. But obvious I'll let a few more people have turns before I put myself up in the options again. I'm glad most of you seem to have enjoyed the game. I was kinda worried this game would be unbalanced and I still think the mafia may have been a little OP but overall it turned out good and came a lot closer than I was expecting. (Near the middle I was kinda expecting the mafia to steamroll you guys and nearly nerfed their powers).

As for the next game I don't really mind who hosts, whoever it is I'll play regardless.

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:31 am

I wish I could have been the final person for Raya to kill. Would have been a more WTF finale for me.

Also, I like how some roles like the cop has changed among the Brawl characters. First game it was Marth, Link second, and Luigi third. It's good that the there is no designated character for this role, especially if you want a game with anonymity among the innocent who die. Keeps the mafia still guessing.

Edit: OK, NOW I understand how I ended up scanning SIAB instead of Minby. SIAB had JGH27's magnetic ability, used it... and got screwed over. Razz

Last edited by smashbro on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:48 am

God I love this game. I even loved getting paranoia when we didnt exactly knew which townie could do what. Luckily Raya could get a lot of info from Smash. One of the most tense mafia games so far in my opinion ^^

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:32 am

Wow, now THIS is Mafia. That was an intense game. My personal second favorite I've ever seen (Sorry guys, first is one where an arson killed off EVERYONE) But yeah. You guys are some of the most inteligent and deeply thinking people I've seen play the game. Also, am I the only one who actually thought about the game through the eyes of my character? Like, doing what, in my case, fox would do in the situation, as opposed to myself? I think it adds a layer of depth to the game.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:34 am

This game was fantastic Very Happy It's the first time I've ever got to be in the mafia, and it was helluva fun. It certainly came down to the wire; we were starting to panic a bit towards the end with three mafia in a row dying and Sahrimnir suspected. I was half-suspecting/hoping that the final night would be a showdown between me, Smash and someone else. Mainly because I want Smash to have an epic Matsuda moment Razz

Minby and Camilla's role gave us the most trouble towards the end; Minby because he didn't reveal to me who he was protecting and Camilla because we knew she was G-Dub, but we didn't know her ability. That was why I was trying to push td260 via PM to kill her instead of Sah. Sadly didn't work out too well there.

For the news reports I masqueraded as a seer, telling people via PMs that once per day I could ask Weldar a question and get a cryptic reply. I tried to encourage you guys to ask questions but none of you did, bah! I made the clues to try and push you to suspect innocents, but with a bit of thinking they also applied to the mafia, so if a mafia member died I could use it as evidence that I was telling the truth. The reporter role was fun, although I started running out of funny news stories at the end Laughing

Speaking of which, I think we deserve a special news report. Coming shortly.

Thanks ever so much for running this, Weldar! It was a brilliant game Very Happy

smashbro wrote:RAYA.... I THOUGHT WANT WE HAD WAS SPECIAAAAAAAAL!!! Sad

Sorry Smash, we were never meant to be. I'm mafia, you're innocent. We're just too different No

Still, we had fun at least Smile

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:45 am

pic is win Raya :p
and if Sahrimnir replied earlier, I would've lived as well, making Raya vote of TD along with us and Spont Razz then Raya would kill Smash in the night and we had a epic finale. Now Sahrimnir seems to be off for quite a while already

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 am

Fucking called it. Everytime someone is completely sure about something but is too afraid to debate about it, it's a mafia.
Now I will have my last laugh. Ha ha ha.

Great game.
I loved the special roles. There were some really unique and cool ones here, like the Ice Climbers. Although I think the mafia might have had an overload of powerful roles. I mean, a roleblocker who can bribe? On the mafia's side? Really?
The Lakitu misinformation was some devious shit. Good job with that.

I'd really like to try hosting a game this time. I'm perfectly fine if Smashbro does end up hosting this one, though.
If I'd be the host this time, I doubt I would go with a TWBB theme, but actually I'm fine with just about any theme.
My personal favorite theme for my game would be that sci-fi horror idea I said last time this came up. If people really really want a TWBB theme, I would go with a TWBB sequel using only characters that survived the actual series. Then there's the possibility of a TF2 theme, but not everyone here likes the game.
But really, we might just as well have it be happy forest animals vs. ninja nazi squirrels, really. The theme affects nothing.

As for my take on special roles, I'd try a bit of a middle ground. A lot of different roles, but nothing too powerful.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 am

Yea, I as well would look at the game through the eyes of my character. Especially near the end I would act as much like Snake/Kirby as possible, leaving encryptic clues (Land of dreams? Dreamland. Embarassed <Kirby) and whatnot.

Yea, twas fun. And Sorry Minby, you were my target for the confusion gun. I did all I could to confuse the hell outta you.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:00 am

it was a great game to WATCH ! but i'd like to throw my hat in for Running the game
Though i'd have one based on The TWBB Forums.
Smashbro and Surgepox would be the cop and doc, Pochey being the Mafia don ect.
just becase let's say because your Fobby doesn't mean you'll get the Fobby role.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:55 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top