Lemuria's Gate: SETUP THREAD

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lemuria's Gate: SETUP THREAD

Post  Raya on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Lemuria: the fabled lost continent of antiquity. A mythical paradise ruled by transcendent beings, brought low by maelstrom and flame. Lost in time, disproven by science, it stands as a monument to Man's potential...and to his hubris.

But myths, much like history, have a habit of repeating themselves...

Welcome to Lemuria's Gate, the TWBB forum's first RP! On a routine flight from London, England to Los Angeles (via Orlando, Florida), a commercial airliner crashes somewhere in the Atlantic. The handful of survivors emerge on a seemingly deserted island. Surely, it won't be long until they're noticed as missing and a rescue party launched.

But strange things lurk on the island, things that should have best been left alone. The survivors are in way over their heads, and it may not simply be their lives they lose.

Perhaps those who died in the crash were the lucky ones...

---------

About the game

In Lemuria's Gate you're playing one of the survivors of the crash. Whether you're working for the benefit of this impromptu community or want to use it for your own ends is up to you. Will you uncover the mysteries of the island, or meet a fate quite literally worse than death? We'll just have to see...

Here's the list of pending players, those in my previous thread that said they were interested:

- Spontaneous Combustion
- Mentok
- Sahrimnir
- TJ
- Minby
- Dark Falco

Please confirm if you still want to play! There's 6 spaces available in the game (I'm taking the 7th). If any of the pending players don't fancy joining, then their space is free for someone else to step in.

A quite important note- please do not join if you have no intention of playing! RPs require a bit of investment (for this game I'm saying for the minimum a paragraph a post, and a post at least once a week), and without player involvement the game will stall and die. I've seen games where people sign up, post once or twice and then vanish. Not only does this drag down the game for the other players, it also means that you've denied a space for someone else.

Even if all the spaces are full, let me know if you're interested in playing. If we find the game can support more players, or if someone drops out, invitations will be opened again!

------------

Character Gen

Simple enough. Just fill in the details!

Name:
Appearance:
History:
Personality:
Reason for being on the flight:
Other info:

Most of these should be self-explanatory! Other info is just there if you want to include something about your character that you can't fit into the other categories. If you've covered everything you think needs to be said, don't worry about it.

The character description is what will be known shared by all the characters; the sort of things that get brought up in polite conversation or when our little group of survivors are introducing themselves. But people have far more depth than that. There are some things that they keep hidden from others, either through shame or malice. There's one more, hidden attribute. That's the Dark Secrets.

Dark Secrets are what the character is keeping hidden from the rest of the group. It could be something minor, such as they're a recovering alcoholic, or are paralysingly afraid of snakes. Or it could be major; perhaps they're a doctor fleeing from a malpractice scandal, or a terrorist who was supposed to blow up the plane but chickened out. When you post up your character, PM me what your Dark Secret is. I may or may not throw some things into the game that involve them Wink

Of course, your Dark Secret can be revealed during the game. It might be that as the game progresses you come up with a better idea, or want to tweak or add some things; as long as your secret hasn't already been revealed, you can do that. Just PM me and let me know.

-----------

Any questions, queries or suggestions, feel free to post them here! Once the characters are up and running I'll start the RP proper.

Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy landing...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate: SETUP THREAD

Post  Avalanche on Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:55 pm

that actually sounds kinda cool *crosses fingers for a free spot*

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 pm

Name: Minby Aran (screw change)
Appearance: Short, flipped up brown hair, thin.
History: Medical student, track runner, almost became the youngest Olympic 5K runner, but missed the qualifying time by .2 seconds.
Personality: Cheery, willing to help out, almost always smiling.
Reason for being on the flight: Returning home from Olympic trials
Other info: Valedictorian of Elementary, Middle and high school, but they were all small schools of under 100 students.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Name: Paul Mercer
Appearance: 6'2" Black hair, brown eyes, and skinny as a pole.
History: Born and raised in Spokan, Washington.
Personality: Subdued, but friendly.
Reason for being on the flight: Job interview in London (Didn't pan out)
Other info: Has LOTS of white dress shirts and black ties. (Back home at least)

Last edited by TheTJ on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:40 pm

Hmm...
I need to make up character...
One idea I've got is to RP myself. How would I react in this situation?
It might be more fun to create a character completely unlike me, though...
Gah, decisions!

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:10 pm

Name: Marc "Hax" Frost
Appearance: 6"1, skinny but has good cardio, long dark-brown hair (below the neck), small rectangular glasses, white logo on black Atari shirt, blue jeans.
History: Works for Atari Europe (now Namco Bandai Europe.) As an history with hacking he doesn't really like to talk about.
Personality: Always whiling to help with anything regarding technology and computer, even manual work.
Reason for being on the flight: Called for a project for Atari US.
Other info: Don't be too persistent if you want to know anything about his hacking history. He can still get you the latest game for your PSP on the Internet in seconds, but don't ask him to hack an account or anything like that. Got a whole bunch of techno-gadget and what-not in the luggage.

Last edited by BY2K on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:26 pm

Aw, the hell with it. Count me in. You've got me interested. xD *jumps in and steals a free spot - um, I hope that's okay*

Name: Vera Montgomery (erm, she's one of my OCs with a different name, ahaha).
Appearance: Vera is always neat and well presented, she stands at about 5'8" with shoulder-length blonde hair, icy blue eyes, and an expression of smug superiority on her face. She wears high-end fashion and generally appears to be extremely snobbish.
History: Vera was born in to a well off family in London - her parents divorced when she was seven, her mother moved to America, and she stayed with her father (and later, his new wife), because it would 'be much more beneficial for her education'. She was a prefect at high school and in various academic clubs, and got accepted to Oxford University with no trouble. She still lives at home (partially because it's easy, and partially because she has no good friends to move out with).
Personality: Vera is stubborn and precocious. She's very book smart, but she knows nothing when it comes to the streets. She finds it hard to associate with others because she sees herself as being 'better' than them - but honestly, she's extremely shy and has very little faith in herself.
Reason for being on the flight: She was flying to America to visit her mother while on a break from study.
Other info: She is by no means an athlete, and her sometimes standoffish nature and social awkwardities mean that she doesn't really have any friends to speak of.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:51 pm

You know what Raya, if it's still possible to get in on this I'd love to join seeing as Mentok's game died.

Lemme know and then I'll create a profile if yes. You know I'm not gonna disappear lol

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:03 pm

partycrashing (Camilla started...). just see if you have a spot, if not I'll sit this one out Razz

Name: Roy van Roden
Appearance: medium length, not fat not muscular, short dark brown hair, (small) brown eyes, wears a gray/black vest, a red T-shirt and jeans
History: Born and raised in Holland. Studied psychologie and graduated from the university in Amsterdam, catching the eye of various people for researching the boundaries of what would be ethically responsible. Broke all contact with his parents 2 years ago, but is still ocassionally in touch with his younger sister. Played waterpolo since the age of 8
Personality: calm, over-analysing, polite, but lies easily.
Reason for being on the flight: Visiting multiple universities to share the findings of his research.
Other info: Has a talent for losing things, and is kinda clumsy in general. carries a notebook. Excellent swimmer

Last edited by Avalanche91 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 3 times in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Name:DRTJR
Appearance:6'9'' Short gray hair, mid sized gray Beard
History: former U.S. army medic, became a body guard after a while in South America
Personality: the "good guy" though has tenancies for just doing things to be a bad ass
Reason for being on the flight: on vacation in Germany
Other info: has a .44 magnum with 60 bullets in a suit case and AK-47 with 3 clips. DRTJR is a crack shot

Last edited by DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

DRTJR wrote:
Other info: has a .44 magnum with 60 bullets in a suit case and AK-47 with 3 clips. DRTJR is a crack shot

How the HELL could you pass in an airport with these things nowadays?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:11 pm

DRTJR is going to be "that guy."

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:21 pm

BY2K wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

it's in the lower luggage portion of the plane

@ smashbro: what do you mean by "that guy"

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:50 pm

BY2K wrote:
DRTJR wrote:

I too am curious on how one would manage to have an AK-47 put on a public plane, given that Raya is calling the shots I don't have a problem with this factor... still... an AK-47?? XD It's a nice, trusty reliable gun and all but why would a war medic turned bodyguard carry such a traditionally terrorist weapon...
Oh...

~~~~~
Name: Marcus Kane
Appearance: Towering at 6' 2'' and weighing 198lbs, Kane is bald though has a well maintained mustache/beard/goatee (i don't know if there's one word that sums it up), steely cold silver eyes. Business black attire that disguises his physical fitness.
History: Formally of Czech Republic, Kane migrated from country to country as was required of his work. Studying and training abroad mainly within the US he took steps to make himself appear unspectacular in order to be remembered by as few people as possible. Though no one that knows about him is concerned about whether or not his good at his job, they know he is.
Personality: Assertive, Reclusive, Proud, Calm demeanour, a "Can Do!" attitude, dark vibe (for those that can pick up such things)
Reason for being on the flight: Kane was on his way from London to LAX as his job had finished it's limited tenure in the UK, he was to meet another prospective employer at the airport but it's expected that he will be late for that meeting.
Other info: Two silver attache cases in luggage compartment, high end lock mechanisms.
~~~~~

As it stands, without flicking through the pages... I think in terms of shelter it looks like this: (not sure who else is bed ridden)

/-------\
| JGH27 |
\--- ---/
/-------\
|Mentok |
\--- ---/
/-------\
|D.Falco |
\--- ---/
/-------\
| TheTJ |
\--- ---/
Seems about right?

Those without shelter:
Camilla
SnakeInABox
DRTJR
Avalanche
Raya
Ansem
BY2K
Minby

Last edited by MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 4 times in total

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:40 pm

OMFG I WANNA PLAY
Name: Michael Douglas (Mike) (Nickname to be revealed if I am chosen)
Occupation: Method Actor, Part time ???? (No one knows, tis a secret)
Appearance: Medium height, 2 inch Shaggy but attempted groomed hair. Attempted dressed to impress, but still a bit off. Eyes almost black, and always starring off. Does not worry about hygiene (after the crash) but does make a sort of an effort not to stink. Not terrible strong, but has had to work out in order to perform certain roles.
History: Was a violent boy and teenager, but calmed himself down and found ways to control stress and anger. Got into theatre at a young age, and was able to give top notch performances. Was invited to perform at the Globe theatre. Gave one performance, then dissapeared for a few weeks. Showed up recently, with a plane ticket home.
Personality: Too sure of what to do. Has a violet past, but has never recently been a problem. Can take stress nonetheless. Acts quickly.
Reason for being on the flight: Going home after a trip to perform on the great globe theatre. Had some business to take care of beforehand.
Other info: Has a brief case that he will not open under any circumstances. It may be food and supplies. Who knows?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:58 am

Whoa, whoa, hang on guys. We can't have too many people join, otherwise the game will just collapse into anarchy! I said 6 places originally, but since this has proved so popular I'll increase it a bit.

Right, so, the list of the players are:

- Me
- Avalanche
- Minby
- TJ
- Sahrimnir
- BY2K
- Camilla
- JGH
- DRTJR
- Mentok
- Snake

That's it, applications closed! 11 players is a huge amount as it is. Phew, I honestly wasn't expecting that much interest!

Probably should have mentioned as well in my original post that I need to veto characters first. God-modding is expressly forbidden (so being over-powered, constantly dodging attacks, no weaknesses etc). Remember, you're all just everyday folks. Make your character realistic and flawed; it's more fun that way!

Minby: A lot of potential there. Running away and medical skills may come in handy Wink

TJ: I love your Dark Secret. Fits in well with something I have planned, heh.

BY2K: I doubt you'll be downloading many PSP games on the island! Saying that, if you come across technology...

Camilla: Uhoh, looks like a certain character is going to have a very steep learning curve... Laughing

Avalanche: You're going to have a field day with mind studies. Just saying.

DRTJR: Sorry, you ain't getting away with having that weaponry! You can't even take baby food on a UK flight, let alone a gun! Your character is fine, but you won't be starting out with guns. You may across some in the future, however...

Mentok: Your character's name rings a bell for some reason. Also I was originally going to start on the island, but it might be an idea to let you guys have a play around in the airport first to get a handle on your characters. I'll think about it.

Snake: Again, sounds promising.

Better get round to writing up my own character, heh Very Happy

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:07 am

Raya wrote:
That's it, applications closed! 11 players is a huge amount as it is. Phew, I honestly wasn't expecting that much interest!
I was just going to post my own character when this appeared.

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:37 am

Raya wrote:Also I was originally going to start on the island, but it might be an idea to let you guys have a play around in the airport first to get a handle on your characters. I'll think about it.

Better get round to writing up my own character, heh Very Happy
It'll be interesting to see how many people have their characters do a backflip when they crash on the island as oppose to how they behaved prior to boarding. I'm also curious to see what your character profile looks like Raya Razz

Sending you info via PM, can't wait till this starts Smile

Spontaneous Combustion wrote:
Raya wrote:
I was just going to post my own character when this appeared.
Maybe it'll be like the show, you see people in the background and eventually as things progress they get a name and face. Raya might let more join if things go smoothly?

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 am

I really should have put my foot down regarding players...but then again I wasn't expecting such a deluge of interest *rubs eyes*

Okay guys, I'll leave this one for you. There's a hell of a lot of players here. Far more than I'd like, really. This isn't like mafia/asylum, which can support large numbers of players. Although inevitably some people will drop out, I'm worried that the game will get bogged down. So, here are some suggestions:

- We go as it is. SC can also join in.
- There's a limited number of spaces. Your characters descriptions are 'auditions' for spaces. I choose who would best fit.
- We go as it is. There's some NPCs also present, and if someone drops out someone who wants to play can step in.

So, what would you guys prefer?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:05 am

Raya wrote:So, here are some suggestions:

- We go as it is. SC can also join in.
- There's a limited number of spaces. Your characters descriptions are 'auditions' for spaces. I choose who would best fit.
- We go as it is. There's some NPCs also present, and if someone drops out someone who wants to play can step in.

So, what would you guys prefer?
All of the above seem valid [/sweatdrop]. If so inclined, let SC throw up his character profile then determine what character descriptions fit best, once decided make a start and leave the window open so that if someone drops out someone else can join in... least that's my 5cents on above post. Hope it helps. study PM sent.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:51 am

I am going for the First option

Also i don't mind people putting words in my mouth

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:09 am

wait where am on that list! Sad i was trying to come up with a character! and i was on the original list too..
edit:
this was going 2 be me:
Name: Altaira Rose
Appearance: 5'10 medium build, deep brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair that is always pulled back in a ponytail
History: born and raised in the southern tip of illinois. Even though she lives in the city now, she still remembers her roots
Personality: smart, quick on her feet, likes to meet new people, thinker, likes a challenge
Reason for being on the flight: touring the castles and art museums in england
Other info: loves to camp out/hike, reads a lot, video game nerd, plays paintball and with bb pistols, is somewhat sensitive about her odd name

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:50 pm

Name: Karl-Kristoffer "KK" Johnsson
Appearance: Dark hair, brown eyes, 188 cm tall.
History: Born and raised in Malmö, Sweden. About two years ago, he moved to Skövde to study game design. There he also became the chairman of the university's theater-club.
Personality: Optimistic, friendly, compassionate, quite intelligent.
Reason for being on the flight: He participated in a contest and won a trip to Los Angeles.
Other info: Teetotaler.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Weldar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Darn I missed this, but then again it might be for the best, I'm not sure I really have the time for it right now. I'd suggest going with the third idea, because that means I have a chance to play later when I have the time Razz And you could do interesting things from the characters who join later, perhaps they could not come from the plane crash......

I'm not a Vacuum!
[quote="Quaetman"]
There was a flash of lightning, and the figure’s visage was illuminated for a moment, a single, terrifying moment, a revelation that seemed to stop the world dead.

“Checkmate,” said Weldar, and fired his bullet into JGH27’s heart.
[/quote][quote="King Avalanche"] I doubt any of our craniums will come out of this game a virgin cause Weldar is gonna fuck them all.[/quote]

Weldar
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:58 pm

Weldar wrote:And you could do interesting things from the characters who join later, perhaps they could not come from the plane crash......
Or there can be "Others" that fuck shit up.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:53 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top