Lemuria's Gate

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lemuria's Gate

Post  Raya on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:12 am

OT: And here we go~

If you want to discuss anything about the RP, please keep it in the setup thread to avoid clogging up this one. Also please try and have your posts a reasonable length. It's an RP, not a chatroom Wink

--------------

It was another terrible day at London Heathrow Airport. Terminal 5 was broken (again), flights were delayed (again) and the weather had taken a turn for the worse. The sky was thickening into molasses of grey, heavy clumps of snowflakes drifting lazily down. Through the great glass windows of the departure lounge prospective travellers stared gloomily outwards. Already the snow was beginning to settle on the damp runways. The TVs hooked onto the walls in a vain attempt to entertain the bored masses bleated out the news. Snowstorms were occurring across Europe, drifting slowly westward. People whispered to each other, as though speaking aloud would jinx the matter. If the snow hit here, flights would be cancelled and they'd be in for a long wait. Already the departures board was lit up with delays from eastern European flights. Things were not looking good.

The departure lounge resembled a vast hall, stretching for what appeared to be miles and crammed with all aspects of humanity; the holiday makers, the visitors, those bringing the dead home, those seeking a new life. The lounge was packed, the seats overflowing, children running and screaming, agents giving leaflets and a few entertainers wishing they were elsewhere. Several shops wound round the walls; an (overpriced) newsagents, an (overpriced) café, (overpriced) food outlets and (overpriced) arcades. Business was always brisk with starved and bored travellers, buying crap airport literature or filling their stomachs in preparation for an eight hour wait.

The passengers of flight LH/276 from Heathrow to LA via Orlando were part of this throng. So far it seemed their flight was on time. If it left soon they could beat the weather. With two hours to go until boarding, they anxiously found ways to pass the time, hoping that there would be no problems.

Their problems, however, were just about to begin...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  TheTJ on Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:57 am

The Loading Area for flight LH/276 was relatively secluded for the time being. With the boarding process still two hours away, people were browsing the stores for stuff they'd never buy, trying to catch a bit of sleep between flights, or just reading a book. Most of the Parents realized what a nightmare two hours with kids in one spot can be, so for now it's quiet enough. Most of the seats are empty, allowing the sleepers to stretch out or the few children who ARE there to watch the snow fall. In a small, dimly lit alcove a man dressed in a short-sleeved buisness shirt and black tie sits with a laptop on his lap and a sketchpad proped up on the armrest next to him.

He glances between the Laptop and sketchpad quickly, each time adding a line or two to his drawing. He's so intent on his work he doesn't notice the second man approaching. The man drops into the seat next to him and looks over his shoulder at the screen of the Laptop. It's filled with photos of the Empire State Building from different angles. He looks at the sketchpad and see's that the man with the Laptop has been using the pictures as reference for an isometric of the building.

"Hey there! Name's Steven, what's yours?" The man gave a start, knocking the Laptop off his lap and onto the floor. Mr. Architect was apparently so absorbed in his work he never knew Steven was there until he spoke.

He flipped the sketchbooks cover down and offered Steven a sheepish grin. "Oh, uh... sorry. Um, my name's Paul." He stashes the Sketchpad away in a backpack in the seat next to him.

"Soo... Does that thing play movies?" Steven points at the Laptop on the floor. "I didn't expect to get to the gate so soon, so I didn't really plan on bringing anything to keep me busy."

Paul bends over and picks up the Laptop. After giving it a once over for knicks or scratches, he opens a file labeled movies. "Well, um. I'm kind of a big movie guy so yeah... it plays movies." He makes a selection and sets it to fullscreen. "Have you ever seen a movie with Will Ferrell in it called 'Stranger Than Fiction'?"...

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:12 am; edited 4 times in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:53 am

"Goddamnit" Roy complained, surpressing his accent to the best of his abilities. "I know I have the bloody ticket, I just..."
"-you lost it sir?"

Roy groaned and rolled his eyes, looking for a place to sit down and search his bag to the bottom. He spotted 2 guys in the loading area's, absorbed in the screen of a kinda expensive looking laptop. Probably watching a movie, or pictures.

"Lets see.....clothes...more clothes...psychologie stuff....my notebook...geesh."

Absent minded he started to look trough his notebook, just to find his ticket stuck between the pages.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 am

Altaira looked around her, watching the people as they moved around, conversing, doing the things humans do. it was fun for her to make up stories to go with their movements, this one going home to his family, another going on an adventure.

She was disturbed out of her revere by the sound of a resounding crash. The guy sitting two seats down from her had dropped his laptop on the ground. She looked at what was on the screen interested at what she found there before he picked the laptop back up, checking it for scratches as he did. He seemed like a nice guy...maybe a little shy from what she had seen with his conversation with the guy next to him. She started to daydream again, wondering who she would be sitting next to on her flight. Hopefully she'd find someone she could strike up a conversation with.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:12 am

A Grizzled man towering at 6’10’’ stepped out of the British taxi. He stared at the gargantuan board of on time and late flights and saw that his flight would be arriving in two hours. He walked into the waiting area and took a seat across from two guys watching a movie on their lap top. This towering figure was about to take a well deserved nap, he began to dream, he was on a Helicopter Traveling over the humid South American jungle, trading insults with his fellow squad mates. When the engine staled and it was making a rapid descent into the jungle. Only Himself, the Medic “Doc”, and the machine gunner “Fat Albert” where alive when they climbed out of the wreckage. Then his Flash back was interrupted by a Teenager who was blaring Techno music out of his iPod. The veteran got up from his seat when the punk yelled at him that he forgot his jacket and yelled “Oi, what kind of name is Cobra?” Cobra just stated “mine”

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:06 am

"Yeah, well even Pre lost in Munich." Minby said while on the phone. "Yeah, well, I guess London just isn't my city." As he walked to the gate, he saw he had about two hours left until his flight left. "Well, yeah, I guess you're right. See you man. I'll get my hour and a half in when I get off the plane." And with that, he hung up. As he looked around the terminal, he saw a wide variety of people. A buisiness man dropping his laptop, an army vet picking on a teenager. It was all very strange. "Hmph, I guess Britain is as weird as they say..." He said, putting his headphones in his ears. He started humming "Come Together" as it played, and found a seat.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:24 am

"You stupid cabby!" George yelled as said cabby had dropped his cases. After this little annoyance, he headed to the main terminal desk asking why his ticket wasn't First Class and that they'd better fix it in a threatening tone. "Do you even know who I am?" he arrogantly asked. When the attendant shook her head to say that she didn't George just told her to keep her eye open because soon EVERYONE would know who he is. With that, he walked around the concourse realizing that he had 2 hours to kill and without the First Class ticket he was expecting.

Look at these people, leading such BORING lives Severn thought as he watched 2 men watching a movie while another had been rummaging through his bag looking for something. "Idiot probably can't find his ticket" he thought to himself.

Looking for a seat away from everyone, since there were no women for him to accompany, he found one in a corner with only 1 other seat next to it. He sat and waited falling into a daydream of all the great things coming his way and thinking how NOTHING could EVER ruin this for him....

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:19 pm

"Pardon me. Excuse me. Comin' through. Sorry. Excuse me, ma'am." Says Marc as he tries to make his way around the crowd of the airport without taking his eyes off his Blackberry and excusing himself every time he's about to bump into someone. He doesn't remember airports being this populated and he hates it. As he takes a look on the schedule, he realize there's still two hours before the plane takes off. The day couldn't be any more boring. The changes made after Namco Bandai took control of Atari Europe was a pain in the ass to deal with.

2 hours. What was he going to do for 2 hours? He looked around, searching for a place to sit until he could get on the plane. He founded one, next to a massive guy. But he knew him, or at least heard of him.

"Well well, what are we having..." Said Marc to himself as he approaches the Pro Wrestler, siting next to him. "George Severn! Sir, it is an honour to meet you."
Of course, Marc knew him because of he watch Wrestling, while he wasn't really a fan, he does finds it enjoyable. Maybe those 2 hours won't be so boring, after all.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:28 pm

There was no time to think. Mike had done what he needed. Now was the best time to go. He called a Taxi and fled as fast as he could to the airport. It was surprisingly low class. Everything looked miserable and glum. He breezed past security without trouble and found himself in the waiting area. He took a seat between an annoying wrestling fan, and a guy listening to what sounded like The Beatles.

The guy on the right would be distracted, and the one on the left occupied.

Perfect.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:37 pm

A bored and frustrated expression on her face, Vera rolled her eyes and folded one arm across her chest. The small cell phone - fully charged, of course, she wouldn't be going on a flight with out it in such a state - was held up to her ear, as she answered the person on the line with short, sharp words and phrases. "Yes," "I am aware of that," "No," "Fine," "Look, I have to go, the plane boards soon." "No, I was mistaken, it leaves earlier than I thought." A lie, but one pulled off smoothly. "Father, it's going to be fine, mum's not some sort of alien or anything. It's mum, for God's sake." Pressing the end call button as quickly as she could, Vera sighed and slumped down on to her seat. It would be good to get away from here, even just for a little while. Because right now, Vera wasn't willing to face her home.

America was nothing like a home for her, in fact, she'd never been before, her mother had just come over and visited in the past, but Vera wanted a break, and after much pleading, her father had shelled out enough cash to help her out. She wasn't sure why she needed to beg and plead - she was twenty, after all - but at that age, she figured, she shouldn't need to ask for monetary assistance. Well! It was his fault she couldn't take up bar work, and the supermarket just didn't pay enough. Not her fault.

With a sigh, Vera tugged absently on her ponytail, as she toyed with a tube of lipgloss in the other hand. This flight was going to be so very dull.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Minby saw a someone sit beside him "Damnit" he thought "There's got to be at least a thousand seats in this airport, and this douche has to sit right next to me. What the..." He stopped mid-thought "Calm down, it's alright. unless..." A thousand possibilities crossed his mind, and how he would deal with all of them. "If he has a bomb, I can pull out my string, and tie him up. But what if he has a knife? I can put my glove on, and try and grab him. But what if he has a gun...?" Minby made sure to not let his eyes off of this guy, and to get himself ready should anything strange take place, he quickly switched song choice to "Lithium".

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:01 pm

Marcus had arrived at the terminal a little over thirty minutes ago, you wouldn't need to be the wheather man to look outside and know things were getting grim. He hoped that this would not affect flight LH/276, the wheather here had a habit of making almost anyone miserable if they are forced to dwell in it for too long.

When he entered the lounge and boarding area the masses were no exception, dozens upon dozens of people sat with sour faces. Racking their brains to concoct a way of amusing themselves. Some opted for modern technology to amuse them, a laptop being an ideal carry on item simply due to its variety of uses. A pair of earphones and a iPod did just as well though, find a column to rest one's back against, close your eyes and let the music blare away. Of course talking to people over the phone had it's merits as well, last minute "Enjoy your flight, good to see you!" send off's. Disgruntled parents, that one phone call from an employee to let you know something has come up or something has come crashing down.

Despite the cold, having no hair on his head to shield him from it didn't phase him. His suit was you could say well insulated, the appearances of the devils advocate he'd make people uneasy despite his attempt at a friendly demeanour. It annoyed him a little, feeling someone burning a hole in the back of his head with a piercing stare for in their mind no reason at all.

He found comfort by simply standing by the great big viewing window, arms crossed with his silver attache case by his side. He peered out at the plane being prepped for take off, eyes glancing out to the sky weighing the chance of snowfall.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:42 am

He walked in, slowly, being sure no one paid attention to him. But it was to late, people were already staring.
Is it my shirt? I Knew i should've bought a normal shirt, but noo, i had to wear my black sabbath shirt, now everyone knows i'm a freak. wow, calm down Zoran, they're just....looking! Yeah, looking. not staring...looking....

The boy started walking, down the terminal, looking for a place to sit. the place was getting pretty crowded, more and more people were getting agitated at the flights getting canceled and all that. Zoran decided to sit next to a person avidly searching his bag. He sat down, reached out and grabbed something.

"h..here sir, you're ticket, must've fallen out eh?" He said, trying and failing to hide his Romanian accent.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:49 am

Roy smiled and sighed relieved when he got the ticked back.

"Geesh, thanks. I would've been in a world of trouble if I lost it." Out of habbit he started to observe the guy. Quite a lot taller then himself, blond hair, he looked a lot like a guy he used to know during his studies. He seemed a bit....agitated though.

" Something bothering you?"

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:58 am

is he....checking me out? no, he wouldn't, he's a guy. but there's always...no, thats wrong! and he doesn't look like one of those...no, he's...
Zoran looked up, a little flustered, he didnt expect the guy to talk to him, they usually don't. But he didn't just asked something, he actually bothered to see if there's something wrong. Fighting the tears that wanted to well up, he smiled shyly, and responded

"No, yeah..well...i'm supposed to be used to people staring at me for my clothes, but sometimes i freak out, thinking that they...well...that they think i'm a freak just...bugs me, you know?"

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:27 am

Roy, (hardly ever paying attention to what people choose to wear) looked at the guy's shirt.

"Big deal. Black Sabbath is pretty cool right? Try to take your mind of it.

He packed his bags up and went back to the flight attendent, hoping she'd accept the ticket without much more complications. On his way there he realised he actually wanted to help that guy. "stupid force of habbit" he thought to himself

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:11 am

Kane (or Marcus, either/or, both same character) shifted his eyes as his view came to the forefront of the window rather then what lay beyond it. The reflection of someone scrummaging through their bag seemingly in the midst of a panic driven search, another person approached and held out something. Amidst all the noise, Marcus could make out what was being discussed, Roy had misplaced something, possibly his ticket and Zoran had kindly found it for him, they engaged in conversation though about what he couldn't quite tell.

Zoran seemed to have coiled back into a shell after his good deed, Kane's ear twitched slightly as he couldn't help but overhear Vera's conversation over the phone. ~Women on business?~ he thought to himself, though after listening for a few moments further ~Women on an escape?~ He smiled briefly, keeping in contact with family seemed like something so few endeavour to do now days.

He looked over his shoulder as a airport employee walked by and busied himself at the boarding desk, it seems it was not quite time for boarding. He turned his attention back towards the window as he placed his hand on the inside of his coat, pulling out a red book labelled "Hagakure". His dark black eyes studied the lines with genuine interest.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:39 pm

"Huh" Severn manages to say clearly startled, "Oh, you actually know I am huh? Well you're the first in this whole god forsaken airport. So you wanna autograph or something?" he asks figuring he already knows the answer. "I just want this flight to board already before the weather worstens. I've got the biggest meeting in my life and if anything prevents it I'm gonna snap"

He looks around seeing if anythings happened since is lull. He eyes a gorgeous lady playing with her ponytail. "Sorry, I never caught your name but tell you what, if you go over to that woman with the lipstick in her hand and introduce me I'll gladly pose with you for a picture and sign it free of charge. Sound like a deal?"

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 pm

Mike closed his eyes, and pretended to go into a deep sleep. He listened to the people around him, waiting for the right voice. The wrestler and his only fan were talking about something that was not of Mikes interest. Some guys were listening to a movie. By the sound of the voices, Step brothers. And the calm man beside him seemed to have changed from The Beatles to Nirvana. But not quite what Mike was looking for. Everything was clear. He sat up straight and turned to the man beside him. "I can't help but overhear your music.... Which do you prefer. Abbey Road, or Nevermind?"

Mike eyed the Airplane while waiting for a reply. It looked like it was almost time to go.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:56 pm

"You sure know how to spot people in this bloody place, sir." Said Marc while looking at the girl the wrestler mentioned. "The name's Marc and if I can get that picture, I will gladly talk to the missy over there. " But how was he gonna do that? And in an airport, no less. This was no place for speed dating.

Marc stood up and walk toward the girl, but not looking at her directly. He stopped not too close to her:

"Excuse me, miss, but have you ever watched wrestling? Because George Severn is right over there and he would like to talk with you."
"Well, that sounded more awkward than I thought..." Said Marc to himself, a little smile on his face. " If I get slapped, this picture bloody better be worth it."

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Vera found her muscles relaxing, her pose becoming much less tense. Soon she'd be with her mother, and although she'd been living with her father for the purpose of her education (and because she loved England), she found herself missing her mum a lot. Her mother was a lot more calm and understanding. Artistic - it's why their marriage never worked out. Her father was all about organisation and structure, whereas her mother was free-spirited.

She was jolted out of her reverie by someone talking to her, and she looked up at them, her eyes narrowing in confusion. "I...I've never watched wrestling in my life. Who the hell is George Severn?" she asked, before looking over at the direction the man had come from. "And why me?" she added, in a softer tone of voice. Nevertheless, Vera had been raised to be polite, and as much as the situation might have confused her and she would have happily been left to her thoughts, she found herself standing to comply with the man's wishes. "If this is some elaborate prank..." she muttered, swinging her bag back over her shoulder and walking in the direction of the wrestler. Sure, her walk looked confident enough, but her hands were gripping the strap of her bag as though she was holding on for dear life. Vera had never been good at meeting people.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:53 pm

Cobra was solemnly walking over to the seat the British girl just vacated to take a well deserved nap. He passed an agitated European in a black Sabbath shirt, Cobra thought "Hungarian no, Romanian huh, a Romanian Back Sabbath fan, what's next a free vacation". he began to napping when his saw a Face in his dream a Familiar Face he was running And the Face screamed "Don't leave me here you treacherous son of a bitch I'll get you for this. I'll come strait out of this jungle, FOR YOUR ASS!" after this the face and its voice morphed into that British Female's. This new voice was trying to convince me to get out of her seat. “Excuse me sir that’s my seat can you please remove your self form it”. “Show some respect to an old veteran” Cobra mumbled before going back to his dreams.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:20 pm

Minby hear the guy next to him speaking "Well, it least he's got good taste in music" He thought. "Heh" Said Minby, putting on a somewhat fake smile "It's like comparing apples to oranges. But if I had to choose, I'd probably pick Abbey road. What about you? Are you a Beatles or Nirvana fan?" This is why I don't like sitting next to people" Thought Minby "Oh well, may as well make the best of it. We've still got a loooooong time to wait for this damned flight."

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:29 pm

"I do not like Abbey road. I love it. Actually, I come from a family of Beatles fans. You may have heard about my mother before. She Wanted to meet John Lennon so bad she broke into his house. Nearly broke a leg falling into the bathtub." Mike pulled out a carton of cigarettes and popped on into his mouth. He lit, inhaled deeply, and stared ahead, searching for what seemed like nothing in particular.

"You want one?", He said, offering one to the stranger.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:35 pm

"Oh God." Minby said with a half sigh, half laugh "That was real? I thought it was just one of those stories they made up to sound more popular." Minby covered his mouth, seemingly to hold his laughter, but actually to block out the smoke. "No thanks, I don't smoke. I'm an athlete. I'm just coming back from the Olympic trials. You wouldn't believe the people there. Some of them would kill to get a spot." As Minby stated talking about the trials, his eyes visibly lit up.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 22 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top