Lemuria's Gate

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:56 pm

"Hmmm. Interesting." Mike walked into a corner, opened his briefcase, pulled out a book, and went back to his seat. "What sport... Thing did you audition for? And did you make it?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:11 pm

"Track" Minby said when the man came back "I was trying to get into the Olympic 5K but I got out-kicked by some other guy and lost by less then half a second. If I had made it, I would have been the youngest guy to make it into the Olympic 5K. But yeah, you probably don't even know what I'm talking about with half this stuff." Minby realized he was rambling quite early, and was luck illy able to stop himself. "So, what book are you reading?"

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:37 pm

Mike hesitated. A bead of sweat dropped from his forehead. How stupid. Making a conversation, then trying to do my own thing? Stupid.

"It is a play by Shakespeare. Hamlet. I just did it at the globe quite recently. And sorry to hear about your audition. I know how that feels.." Mike Closed the book and slipped it back into the case. He saw that the lady was now starting to take tickets for the plane. Row 4, seat 2. "I better let the line die down before I go in. let things settle."

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:31 pm

Paul glanced up from Stranger than fiction to look at the growing crowd. It seemes like there were some conversations going on between the other passengers. Paul didn't mind though, He didn't do too well in conversations anyway, at least, not conversations about something other than movies. Speaking of which, Steven seemed pretty caught up in this movie. He must not have known that Will Ferrell could be in something witty.

Paul looked at his calculator-watch (Which he tells himself he wears as a sort of joke) and groaned under his breath. The movie had about a half-hour left and after that there'd still be 20 minutes to talk to Steven. I picked the Alcove so I could wait in private... he thought, Oh well... maybe I'll be able to steer the conversation towards movies still.

Just then a kid ran by the alcove, laughing loudly. Great, now that it's getting closer to boarding the Parents are starting to show up... Not that Paul had anything against kids, just the noise they made. Steven's laughing interupted his thoughts and Paul looked back at the screen. He'd just missed a good scene with Dustin Hoffman, but that was alright, he knew it by heart anyway.

Paul turned his attention back to the movie to the exlusion of everything else.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:13 pm

Altaira opened one of the numerous books she had in her bag....loosing herself in the sci-fi story within. There was nothing like a good science fiction book to break the boredum of waiting for a flight. Once she started reading it would take a lot to bring her mind back to reality. It was a bad habit of hers, her friends would ask her all the time if she had dyed her hair brown and was actually a blond, and it had gotten her in trouble all the time in her classes. In fact she would have missed the flight had someone not bumped into her rather forcefully.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Kane placed his book back into his underpocket, feeling a bit peckish he picked up his attache case and walked over to a vending machine. Various sweets in one, soft drink in another and lousy sandwhiches. ~Decisions, decisions~ he thought to himself. He looked around and saw a small take away place, he was after something a bit more sustaining.

Walking over he placed the case infront of his seat, that way there'd be 0 chance of someone for whatever reason swiping it without him knowing. He ordered a fishermans platter, a small assortment of seafood with chips (french fries to clarify). He placed his hands together on the bench, both index fingers pointed out as he assumed his thinking stance.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:06 am

"... But of course there's a lot of different theories about time travel, even in the same series. For example, in Terminator 1 Kyle Reese was sent back in time to protect Sarah Conner by his own son. This implies an endless loop in which John Conners is responsible for himself being born and it also means that the future is unchanging. But in Terminator 2 they change the events leading up to Doomsday and they think they avoided it altogether. Then in T3 they imply they can only change the details, not the end result. It's all very odd, but that's what you get when you make a movie series over the course of a couple decades..."

Paul looked at his watch, he'd already been talking for almost 15 minutes! He always got carried away when talking about movies, it was the only time he's ever really comfortable in talking with a Stranger.

"Well," Said Paul, standing up and putting his stuff away, "They'll, ah, be boarding soon so I'll be seeing you. It was um... nice to meet you Steven..."

Paul gathered up his things and headed to the gate, he wanted to get on early so he could set up his little workspace on the plane. It had been tough to convince Sahbray Industries to pay for his plane tickets and even harder to get them to shell out for first class, but Paul eventually conviced them he needed the extra armspace for drafting on the plane. It WAS nice of them to offer to buy round trip, but it should have tipped Paul off that he wasn't a sure hire.

On his way to the gate Paul lost his footing and practically tackled a girl reading a book. Paul muttered apologies furiously, and busied himself picking up his stuff to avoid meeting her eyes. Aw man, I'm terrible in these situations... Paul thought. Maybe if I hurry onto the plane I can survive the embarassment...

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:24 am

"Good afternoon, I'm sorry if this makes you awkward but I was talking with my good friend Marc here when I caught your stunning presence out of the corner of my eye and simply had to meet you" Severn smooth talked the intriguining Miss'. "Allow me to introduce myself as George Severn, Marc offered to break the ice for me as I'm a bit shy. Most people only see the fame and money of me but you seem like you have no idea who I am. I'm a wrestler by the way on my way to the US for a major meeting. I'm a Canadian but have had the privilage to travel the entire globe" he stated trying to to sound egotistical "Anyways I don't mean to be self absorbed, so what brings you to the airport today? You know we still have about an hour before my flight boards, would you have time to grab something to eat or a coffee?"

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:00 am

Jesus Christ, what a wanker, Vera thought to herself, trying to think of a polite way to tell him to bugger off. Unfortunately, at the same time, she was rather flattered by the attention, particuarly given that the man was rather attractive. Biting her lip, she folded her arms across her chest, unsure of what to make of the situation. But hey, he had a point - there was a good hour before the flight left, and coffee sounded like a brilliant idea, and surely, despite his egotism, the guy couldn't be that bad. After all, didn't she come off as rather self-absorbed at times, too? Maybe she didn't think that highly of herself - but when it came to public speaking, nobody would believe that for an instant.

I wouldn't have considered you as being particuarly shy, she thought wryly, before nodding. "A pleasure to meet you, sir," Vera stated, coolly. "Vera Montgomery. I study arts and law at Oxford - London's my home. I'm on my way to the US, too, partially for relaxation, partially for a famillial reconnaisance," she added, dryly. It was the way of her humour - when she made jokes, they were often wrapped up in snark and cynicism. "As for your offer, I don't see why not," she added, looking down at her wristwatch. Vera sounded confident, but she was still gripping the strap of her bag, and her feet were turned in slightly, betraying her confident speech.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 am

Cobra's dreams are always an entangled mess of memories and metaphors his dream now deposited him into a tropical beach he peered around he saw on his right sand that eventually curved around past where he could see, then he turned around and saw 6 or 7 other people pulling each other out of the wreckage of a plane. He woke up to the sound of his stomach growling he soon started to saunter over to the snack vending machine for a pack of M&Ms. and went in between a fidgety guy and a kid enraptured in his DS, a quick look told him it was chrono trigger (at least the kid has taste), the fidgety one seemed to be a physiologist named Roy. at least they won't bother him

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:38 pm

As Karl-Kristoffer entered, he heard the ringtone of a mobile phone.
Oh? Someone has the "Objection!"-theme from "Phoenix Wright" as his ringtone...
About a second later he realized: Oh right, it's mine!
He checked the display to see who was calling him.
"<Hi, Mom!>" (translated from Swedish)
"<Yes, I'm at the airport now.>"
"<Yes, I've got both my ticket and my passport in my left pocket.>"
"<Yes. Right. Mhm. Yeah. Yes, I know. No, not yet. Yes, I will. Yeah. Okay.>"
"<Bye, Mom!>"
As KK put away the phone, he checked the time and saw that there was still quite some time before it was time to board the plane.
He sat down, turned his laptop on, started Game Maker and continued working on a small game project he'd been doing in his spare time.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Altaira looked up at the person who had ran into her. He was really red in the face, probably from embarassment. He started picking up the things he had dropped and feeling sorry for the poor guy she bent down to help him pick up what was left on the ground. There was a moment of awkward tension as they bumped hands on the same object. "oops.....um, whats your name?" she said, trying to break the awkward moment and lessen the bloke's embarassment. She understood what he must be going through as she herself could be very clumsy.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 am

James Harrison Fawcett leant on a railing, gazing out over the departures lounge. He was on a higher level than departures, allowing him an uninterrupted view of the teaming masses. He enjoyed this spot. He could easily spend hours there people watching, trying to work out what their purpose for travelling was. He watched a few dramas unfold, from angry expressions to awkward exchanges. It brought a smile to his face.

Absently his hand slipped into his pocket, fingering what appeared to be a small medal. It was his badge of office, a symbol of his flying abilities. He didn’t wear it; it attracted all sort of the wrong attention, and right now he most definitely didn’t want to be answering any questions along those lines.

The bing-bong of the tannoy system interrupted his thoughts.

”This is a passenger announcement. Flight LH/276 to Los Angles via Orlando is now ready for boarding. Passengers please make your way to Departure Gate 7. Please ensure that you take all bags and personal belongings with you. Flight LH/276 to Departure Gate 7 please. Thank you!”

Murmurs went round the hall. Some were of annoyance that it wasn’t their flight, others of approval that the flight hadn’t been delayed. Individuals began to gather their things, making their way to board the plane. Jim straightened and adjusted his suit.

He certainly shouldn’t be late!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:55 am

Paul, still gathering his things, was about to answer when he was interupted by the departure announcement. He waited for it to finish before responding. "Uh, my name's Paul... I uh... Well, wh-what's yours?" Paul managed to stutter out. It wasn't that Paul was more nervous than usual, this was just his normal level.

The girl with the book smiled and said "Altaira, but you better swear not to make any jokes." Altaira gave Paul a mock severe glare and then laughed.

Paul tried to laugh too, but all he could manage was something closer to a cough while smiling. "I, uh... I'd better go... That was my plane they'd just called. So... uh, It was nice meeting you." And with that he picked up the rest of his luggage and practically ran to the boarding gate.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Altaira watched as he ran to the line for the plane. she really didn't know what to make of Paul, other than he seemed to have some sort of nervous problem. He seemed nice though. It's a real shame we're not on the same plane, i think i would have enjoyed getting to know him "Oh well" she said out loud, falling into another one of her bad habits, talking to herself. She giggled. "Well it's a good thing i wasn't born before the 1800s, they would have called me a witch!" She looked around at the departure list. i really hope my plane is on time

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 pm

Kane had finished his snack when the announcement over the PA system had gone off, he took a paper towel to wipe his hands off and clean any stray pieces that may have found there way into his facial hair. Leaning down he picked up his case and made his way towards the boarding terminal, passing by the business women and someone whom had identified themself as a wrestler, the name escaped him.

However as Kane was moving to go around him the two seemed to have turned to walk, possibly for refreshments, and Kane had inadvertantly bumped shoulders into Severn in his attempt to dodge him. "Excuse me.." he said lightly, bobbing his head in an apologetic manner before continuing on his way to the ticket stall.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:48 pm

Cobra gazed at his ticket at the very back of the plain again of the plane. maybe he'll get some vodka and shut eye. Cobra stared at the plane, how time have changed from small little to planes to the massive people carriers of today, how the aviators and stewards have changed from your typical 70's player and playmate to the politically correct aviators and ice queens for stewardesses. at least you get their faster and safer now. Cobra thought to him self "Meh, your getting nostalgic over the past again Cobra". with that he plopped him self down with his thoughts and his drink.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:50 pm

- I am confused. Are we ALL getting on this plane? -

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:51 am

SnakeInABox wrote:- I am confused. Are we ALL getting on this plane? -

Yes Snake, otherwise your character is going to be having a very short game Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:19 pm

"Well, I think I should leave you two alone, I have a plane to catch." Said Marc, but before leaving, he gave one more look to George, a look that clearly meant: "You own me one picture, mate, don't make me use photoshop."

That being done, he gave his ticket at the gate and board the plane, more than happy to go to that meeting.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:34 pm

Mike was ready to leave. He was ready to get out. It had been a tough 4 months for him. He gave his ticket away and went onto the plane and sat down. Luckily, he was there fast enough to get the window seat. This is going to be a good flight. He kept that mentality. Until of course, he saw the kind of person that was sitting next to him.....

- Anyone wanna sit down? - Twisted Evil

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Minby walked up to the gate, and handed the attendant his ticket. As he walked down the isles, he saw nary an open row, so he knew he would have to be next to someone. He saw the guy he had talked to in the terminal. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" Seeing no discontent from him, he sat down. "Nothing but freaks and weirdos on this plane today, huh?" Minby said awkwardly and he started playing "99 Red Balloons" and he started to relax.

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Mike looked up. Oh god. This guy. It wasn't that he didn't like the man, it was just... awkward.

*Goodbye. Hello.* Why even bother? This will be the only time Mike would ever see this guy. there was no need to get to know him.

Then again, this guy had quite a taste in music.

"Uhhh... Sure. have a seat."

Mike looked out the window for a bit.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Paul handed his ticket to the flight attendant and found his seat in first class. He immediatly set up camp in his seat, pulling out his sketchpad, assorted pencils, and his laptop. The backpack full of reference material sat in the seat next to him. He'd move it to between his legs as soon as anyone came to claim the seat, but until then it could stay where it was. He picked up a .7 cm pencil and began skecthing the buildings he could see across the tarmac. It hadn't been easy getting those pencils aboard, airport security was really cracking down again, he'd had to give a demonstration before they let him go.

Paul's sketching slowed down then stopped entirely. What was he doing? Sahbray had turned him down, he didn't need to draw buildings the whole flight. He tore out the page he'd been working on and started drawing some cartoons. Mostly doodles and the like, but some of them were one panel jokes like The Far Side. None were particularly funny (Except that one with the cow) but it was good to stay in practise.

After a little while longer Paul moved the backpack to the floor, he wouldn't need it after all. Maybe it wasn't so bad that he didn't get the job. It's not like he knew anyone in London and the whole culture shock might be a bit much. And since he'd been wanted enough by a company overseas for them to FLY him, well, maybe that means he was finally getting noticed.Drawing cartoons always seemed to have that effect on him, he looked at the brighter side of things. Maybe everything WOULD be all right.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:37 pm

"Pleasure to meet you Vera" *shoots her a smile* "So what made you get into arts and law?" Severn is completely infatuated with Vera, hping it isn't THAT obvious.

*A lady comes over the intercom announcing the planes boarding*

"Hmm, that's odd, I coulda sworn we still had an hour?" A small, but quick, look of disappointment appears on his face. Marc says he's off and he just nods trying to figure out how to salvage the conversation before Vera disappears when a man suddenly bumps him into her. Face flushed with embarassment Severn starts apologizing to Vera while secretly wishing he could pop that guys neck.

"Well....ermm guess you wouldn't...umm...be...up for eeee.....rrr sittingtogetherontheplane huh?" His face continues to redden, fearing the answer he was sure to hear.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:59 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top