Lemuria's Gate

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:19 pm

"Father's wishes," Vera replied, rolling her eyes. If she was living with her mother, she supposed she'd be maybe studying arts, writing, singing in bars, who knows? At least she had some freedom to study literature as well as law. "I would certainly say it's not every day one has the opportunity to meet a pro wrestler," she added, giving him an appreciative nod. Vera hadn't liked the look of him at first, but she was slowly warming up to him. He seemed harmless enough - well, with the exception of what he did for a living, of course. Unfortunately, her train of thought was cut short by the intercom announcement, and she busied herself rummaging through her bag. Phone, wallet, iPod, couple of books - ah, she was using her ticket as a bookmark in the George Orwell book she was reading in the cab. She was halfway through Animal Farm (she'd read it a good 7 years ago, but Vera loved rereading books).

She tilted her head, her eyes widening, as she heard Severn's awkwardly mumbled statement. However, when the words registered, Vera found her face flushing in return, as she drew her hand up to her face. "Ah, that would be...uh..." she looked away, still wondering to herself why me? "That would be lovely." Replacing the ticket with a reciept, Vera gave Severn an awkward smile, before turning towards the attendant. "Uh...shall we?" At least now her dream of sitting next to an attractive man on a flight was coming true, Vera thought with a smirk, as she boarded the plane.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:38 pm

Cobra watched as the most resent victims of Love at first sight sat down in front of him. Cobra thought weather or not to buy them a drink, to push the process ahead. he moved to the seat next to the newly forged "Friends" with their faces still a good 10 shades redder then they should be. he nudged the guys shoulder and asked " Romeo, do you and the lovely lady want a drink?" They looked at Cobra like he was a giant flying purple people eater, "my expense of course". Cobra continued on as if nothing happened "the Vodka is half way descent and they have Guinness if your into beer, of course you two seem like the wine type the Wine i heard is Ok"

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:45 pm

"Ahh I see and true enough I suppose." Severn agrees while watching Vera rummage through her stuff.

He sees Vera's face flush and suddenly feels much more relaxed. 'Good' he thinks, 'I'm not the only one who's a bit shy'. "Great" he says while flashing yet another oddly cute smile (odd considering he's missing a tooth not quite at the front but not at the back either) and holds out his arm for her to guide her onto the plane. They board the aircraft and come to 2 empty seats. "Would you like the window seat Vera?" as he stands waiting for her reply.

Suddenly the person behind them, a grizzled looking war vet, offered to buy them a drink (For Severn, this was a common, almost expected gesture when you're a somewhat famous person) however he highly doubted this man would know who he is. "Umm, Vera, what would you wish to have my dear?" Vera replies with wine.

"We'll have wine, thank you, umm..."

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Vera couldn't exactly say she had the best of luck with men. Her usually standoffish nature and shyness meant that she rarely got to know people, and whenever she did meet people, it was usually in tutorials where she'd get in to passionate debates - which, naturally, caused people to roll their eyes at her and pretend she didn't exist if they passed her in the library. It was times like those she wished she'd been brought up with her mother and her relaxed, free ideals, as opposed to her father's "you must be the best" mentality.

Suffice it to say, Vera was quite unnerved, not only by the fact that this man had sought her out, but also by the fact that the man behind them was now offering to buy them drinks.

"Ah..." she began, looking down at her hands before swallowing and looking over at the man. "Uh, thank you very much, sir. It's really very kind of you..."

Perhaps alcohol would make this easier for her. Vera didn't really know.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Cobra Leans out of the isle and calls for a stewardess and states, "Please get Your finest bottle of white wine and a bottle of vodka, the better the wine the better your tip." Waiting for the beverages Cobra says " Name's Cobra, Retired Army commander, Before you laugh yes I am named Cobra Commander, What's your name Romeo?". George Severn replied "my name is George Severn I'm a Pro Wrestler." with that the stewardess returned with the finest wine on the plain. Cobra thanked the stewardess and gave her a roll of money and informed her to "keep the change." "hope you two like the wine" he mumbled before starting on his new bottle of Vodka.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Paul didn't mean to eavesdrop, but for him, references are like hearing your own name in a conversation, you can't help but zero in on it. Oh man. Is that guy's name REALLY Cobra Commander?... Paul started a new page and started a full page Picture of the Cobra Commander, the cartoon though, not the guy sitting in front of him. Maybe I can get him to sign it or something after we land... That'd be pretty cool.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 pm

"Well thanks Commander, and I'd never laugh at someone who could kill me haha" Severn takes the bottle and pours Vera and himself a glass. "So what do I owe to the pleasure of this gift for me and the Ms.?"

Severn, while accepting and enjoying the gift is still a bit surprised at the random kindness of this character. "You know, if he was just 20-30 years younger he'd have a great career in our business" he thinks to himself.

"Well, cheers to good times" Severn raises his glass

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Marc so called "nerd sense" was tingling for a second. And it didn't took long to find the source of the disturbance. Without turning his head, without standing up from his seat by the window, he just couldn't believe it. Someone on this plane, the same plane as him, was named Cobra.

"What... the... hell..." Said Marc to himself.

From where he was, Marc could see what Paul was doing and caught his attention:

"Hey. Crazy, huh? Never taught we would see someone named Cobra in here."

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:34 pm

"well to be honest the two of you looked like you had red clay for faces so i thought ease the mood, besides we have a long way to go and friends are better than strangers" said cobra before drinking a little more vodka. he leaned back in his seat and began to wonder what future he had created for these two sitting next to him. with another swill he found the Vodka just tasted that much sweeter.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Severn gives a nervous laugh "Haha, that obvious huh?" as he rubs his neck. "Well again, thank you sir."

Severn turns to Vera. "So, how old are you if I may ask? You're awfully well mannered I must say, even if a tad bit shy" After saying this he settles into his seat and looks into Vera's eyes waiting on her reply. Something told him ths was gonna be a long flight that'd be too short.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Kane placed his silver case in the carry on compartment before settling atop of one of the first class seats, he recognized a few fleeting faces from the terminal. He was aboard just in time to overhear someone mention a "Cobra Commander". He perked his brow in thought as he took out the newspaper, flipping it over he took out a pencil and started on the crossworrd.

A stewardess walked by and leaned down in a possibly feigned look of interest, he didn't fly first class namely for the service. If anything it was for the privacy and arm room, the meals were a bonus. She asked if she could get him anything before take off- "Yes, a drink of baileys please" in his usual ambiguous tone.

He'd take the occasional glance upwards to see people pass by as they went to find their seats, any number of those people could be going to any number of places once they reached the end of this flight. It intrigued him to think how many people would be boarding the same connecting flight after this one, made one realise how small the world can be.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:04 pm

If possible, Vera reddened even further at this last statement, but quickly drained part of her wine in order to hide her shame.

"I'm twenty, twenty-one in three months," Vera explained. She had only just completed her second year of university, though, having taken a year off and gone to travelling, as so many people did. After all, law was an awfully strenous course. "And thank you. If I might enquire, how old are you?" He didn't look too much older than she was, but she wanted to make sure, all the same.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:22 pm

"Woah, slow down there haha. Sorry if I made you embarrased, not my intention I assure you"

"20 eh, I just turned 23 last month myself. Sometimes feel like I'm 40 tho haha" Hoping that joke didn't sound as bad as he thinks it did.

"So this is sure to make you go redder but someone as beautiful as yourself is bound to have someone special in their life. Am I right?"

Takes a large gulp of the wine, not quite sure where he's going with this but having a certain feeling that whatever it is is just meant to happen.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Vera chuckled lightly at his comment - she knew all too well how that felt. She was barely an adult and sometimes she felt as though she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. Other times, she felt as though she was far too young to understand anything about the world. A feeling she, who liked so much to be in control, hated.

It was rare for Vera to be called beautiful. Pretty, yes, and hot, she'd gotten at nightclubs, but never beautiful. Biting her lip, Vera shook her head, vigerously. There'd never been anyone 'special' in her life, and as far as she thought, there probably never would be. "You're completely mistaken," she said, with a small half-smile. "But I suppose you, in your profession, would have a bunch of admirers and girlfriends, correct?" she asked, with a trace of irony. Vera honestly didn't know - after all, she'd never watched any wrestling in her life. The only sports she ever watched were cricket and rugby, after all.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:02 am

George took hold of Vera's hand "Admirers yes, but just because I have admirers doesn't mean I wanna be with them. They like me for my fame or my looks. Not for me, if you know what I mean. Honestly, I'd prefer to be with someone who doesn't know who I am from anyone else in the world. That's how I know I'm special to someone. Hmm, perhaps I'm drinking too much. Getting pretty sentimental here haha. But I don't have any girlfriends, sure when I first broke into the business I was like a kid and a candie store but trust me, it wears out fast."

George begins to realise he's rambling and stops himself before he scares Vera off. "Anyways must say, surprised to hear I'm mistaken, tho admit part of me is glad" and he flashes another quick smile. It's been awhile since he'd felt this happy around someone. Perhaps because he wasn't being hounded for autographs and stalked by crazed fans. Now he just had to keep things going smoothly.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:48 am

c'mon now, its allright. just go on the freaking plane Zoran, don't be a pussy! you know they wont hurt you, they can't hurt you! not while you're still in control!

Zoran handed his ticket to the lady an with a smile he recieved his receit.
"wow, first class huh? your parents paid this for you?"
Zoran looked up, and with a dangerous tone he replied:
"Yes, in fact they did..."

He continued to walk down the rows, glancing over the people who were there. Bunch of idiots, if you asked him, but each to his own. He sat down in the left seat from a guy who orderd Bailey's. Bailey's! who drinks Bailey's in a plane, geez.

Zoran reached in his hand baggage, took something that looked like a breathmint and popped it in his mouth. Wih an uncomfortable look he swallowed it. he knew it was disgusting, but it helped.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:13 am

~Evil old women considered frightful or ugly~ he thought as he got to number 3 down on his crossword. ~Hag~ he'd write as someone came by and parked themself to his left, he'd look edgewise at the person as they popped something into their mouth. He seemed uneasy ~First time flyer? Possibly. First time in first class? Definately~

Kane continued to look edgewise at Zoran then remembered seeing him earlier at the terminal before boarding, evidently he was waiting to board the same flight. Hopefully his unease won't florish into a nuisance for the entire flight. The stewardess came by with his drink "Thank you Amy" he said in a calm tone, noting her name tag.

Taking a mouthful he placed the cup in the holder then took out his book again, resuming from where he had left off.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:32 am

((on a side note, I would totally drink Baileys in a plane, and may well do so if the airline has it between Sydney and Abu Dhabi next weekend. Razz)

Vera almost flinched from the contact, but instead drew her other hand up to her mouth in a nervous gesture. She was extremely flattered by the attention, and she had to admit quite glad that he wasn't one of those guys who took whatever girls threw themselves at them. Vera was by no means a princess, not at all an image of perfection, but she wasn't a desperate fangirl. She liked to believe she had class, after all. It was something her father had drilled in to her brain for years.

Not that she was really the classiest girl around, but she tried, at least.

She caught the quick smile George gave and couldn't help but return it with one of her own. Perhaps she had a chance here, it would be a good place to start something better, and she really liked the guy already, even if he had come across as a bit of an arsehole at first. He seemed like a generally good sort. It's too early to presume, Vera, now stop it and think of something interesting to say.

Looking around the plane, she turned back to George with a small smirk after looking around at the crowd. "Well, I must say...there's certainly a bunch of interesting people here today, wouldn't you say?" she asked, raising an eyebrow in amusement, before mentally facepalming. So, about that interesting conversation you wanted...?

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:52 am

Roy couldn't help but snicker when taking a seat in the first class. "on the costs of the universities" he thought to himself. He started observing the people. "It is a force of habbit, it comes with being psychologist" he always explained. The european guy with a black sabbath shirt still seemed nervous.("Fear of flying? oow well...funny, I never asked for the guy's name....probably not important.")

Looking further Roy caught a glimpse of a pretty young woman. In normal situations he'd attempt to start conversation, but the company that seemed to excist out of a huge rough looking man, and a older hardend looking man ("a bodyguard and a army vet?") scared him off. Because of his lack of first-class flights experience, he just assumed ordering alcoholic bevearages was custom, seeing how people ordered Bailey's, Vodka and wine.

-"Oow well....universitie pays everything. One Avalanche beer please"
-I'm sorry sir, we dont serve that here
(one of the few things I like and they dont have it)
-"Then a bitter lemon will do,please."

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:29 am

Cobra peered around and recognized most of the people from the terminal, including the shrink and Black Sabbath fan from earlier. He thought to himself about how out of place he must be in First class, what was looked like a bum ordering fine Vodka and Wine. Why did he not wear more modern trappings, the old army cloths felt normal to him, on a side note he should shave when he gets to his LA hotel room. He loved his job telling oblivious directors, actors, and character artist how Jungle warfare works, and they pay is better than anything else he could get. Cobra looked at the effects of his Philanthropy and saw the two babbling to each other, "mission accomplished" he murmured to himself. and saw that the in-flight movie was between the newest blockbuster, a romance, and a classic. He selected the Classic and had a choice between Diehard and Citizen Kane, this was a huge moral dilemma a work of art or a great action movie and pondered what movie he should watch.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:10 am

Oh, time to board!
Karl-Kristoffer saved what he had been working on, turned off his laptop and went to board the plane,
He got on the plane and sat down next to a man wearing a red t-shirt and a dark gray vest.
I'm gonna be on this flight for a while. Might as well start a conversation to pass the time.
"Hello, my name is Karl-Kristoffer," he said with a slight Swedish accent. "What's yours?"
The man beside him looked up and answered: "Oh? My name is Roy."

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:39 am

"The plane is now boarding," the intercome said. Thank goodness it's on time, Altair thought to herself. She started to board the plane, unfortunately near the back of the line. By the time she was on most of the seats were taken. She stood, slightly embarrassed, until she spotted an open seat, oddly enough by the man she had been talking to out in the terminal huh,she thought,i didn't realize he was getting on the same plane as me. She walked over to him, rather nervously, "Um...may i sit here?"

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 am

Paul had just about finished his drawing of Cobra Commander when a woman asked him if she could sit down. Paul said "Oh, uh... sure, that should be fine...I think..." Before turning around. Oh man, It's that woman I ran into out in the terminal!... Well I suppose it could be much worse, I could be next to that Cobra guy. I KNOW I'd insult him by saying "Yo JOE!" or something... Out Loud Paul said, "You're uh... you're Altaira, right? Listen, I'm uh, sorry again about the um... the accident earlier."

"Oh that's all right." Altaira said, sitting down, "Hey is that a drawing of... Cobra Commander?"

"Uh... Yeah. That guy in front of me is actually named Cobra Commander so..." Paul kinda trailed off. There was a good pause in the conversation before Paul broke the silence. "They've got some inflight movies that look pretty good on here... Citizen Kane is an option. It's pretty much one of my favourite movies ever, but that's only because it's on of the best made ever. Orson Wells directed the movie AND played Kane, which is difficult to pull of, but he did it. The whole movie is about, well, everything! Money, morals, what's important in life to different people, and anything else really. It starts with Charles Foster Kane dying..." Paul rambled on like this for a while.

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm

"Oh? My name is Roy, nice to meet you." he answered with a thick accent.

Roy smiled. Much as he liked having conversations with all sorts of people, he was kinda bad in starting one. This guy made it seem much easier, and he seemed friendly enough to have a proper conversation with.

"Karl Kristoffer was it? You sound like a scandinavian I know....Norway...Finland...Sweden...Can't put my finger on it. Anyway, mind if I just call you Karl?

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 pm

Mike looked over at the others riding. Very loud. Very social.

He looked over at the guy next to him, and chuckled.

"Talkative bunch, huh?" Mike listened in on what was going on around him. A crowd all fascinated with an ex Marine or something, and a "Pro" wrestler.

He had never heard of any one them. He took out his copy of Hamlet, and began reading.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 9:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top