Lemuria's Gate

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun May 23, 2010 12:51 am

"Oh. You don't have to worry about that. I was just reading some Shakespeare. No big deal." Mike put his suitcase out of sight behind his back. "And anyway, I think this little field trip is canceled until further notice. After last nights little adventure, I think everyone is a little too tired to go out into the forest, let alone do anything at all. Let them all lay around until they feel the motivation to get back up on their feet."

Mike looked around before turning to her

"You and I can go in there just us though, if its danger you are worried about...?"

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 am

"In a group i'm not worried at all. it seems that whatever this thing is just likes to catch people unaware. However, Jim was pretty adamant about looking around the island. i'm pretty sure he's still wanting to try to find out if there are any other inhabitants other than ourselves. If so they could help us. Unless of course they were what did that to Marc...I guess if you think going at the moment is not in our best interest you could talk to Jim...."

RAYA! =P

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun May 23, 2010 1:36 am

DarkFalco wrote:
RAYA! =P

Quick post before I dissappear.

I was planning on having a post up last night, but drama and packing put paid to that. I'll have one up when I get back in the week. I have something planned for those exploring in the jungle, so bear with me...

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu May 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Seeing smoke could only mean one thing- fire. And when there's fire, there were people around it. The exploration group had a hurried discussion. Was the smoke coming from the people who killed Hax? Or was it from a fellow group of survivors? Could it even be a sign of civilisation? In the end it was decided that the benefits far outweighed the risks. They'd go and investigate.

The explorers spread out, cautiously moving towards the smoke. Fearing an ambush or traps, they carefully checked their every step, flinching at every animal call. Soon however they reached the smoke's source. It was a clearing, set within what appeared to be the bed of an old, long vanished pond. Although overgrown with grass, you could still see the gentle depression. In the centre was a campfire, now half-starved and flickering. Scattered next to it were empty chocolate wrappers. A can of coke, knocked on its side, dribbled fitfully. It looked like whoever had been in the camp had left in a hurry.

Paul took the lead. He walked over to the fire and picked up an opened bag of crisps. He tried one and crunched it thoughtfully.

"Still fresh. They haven't been opened long. I wonder where-"

"AAAAAIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Suddenly something barrelled into Paul, taking him utterly by surprise and knocking him flat. The assailant flailed their fists wildly, completely untrained, and Paul managed to lash out and scramble free. To his shock, his attacker appeared to be some kind of geek. His messy blonde hair overshadowed his blue eyes, slightly crazed with fear and adrenaline. He was dressed in a grey coloured labcoat, torn and ragged and stained with some suspicious looking dark patches.

Now that there was some distance between them, the man looked just as shocked as Paul did. Before anything could be said the other explorers burst out of the jungle, quickly surrounding the two. The scruffy man spun around, startled, before managing a very nervous smile.

"Well...this is unexpected."

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Paul got to his feet quickly after the attack. The man before him didn't look like anyone still back at camp that Paul could remember, so the odds of him being one of Altaira's dopplegangers seemed unlikely. Still, that didn't mean he wasn't dangerous. It'd be best if we can avoid confrontation with any natives Paul thought, eyeing some of the knives they had brought along (Seriously, airports must have terrible security).

"Look, we don't mean any harm. We just crashed on this island and we're stranded. My name's Paul." Paul stuck out his hand and tried not to imagine the stranger grabbing one of the knives and cutting it off.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  td260-2 on Thu May 27, 2010 2:52 pm

"erm... keith."
Keith took the hand Paul offered, and shook it. He got a sort of distracted look on his face as he started muttering to himself.
How are these people here? WHY are they here? Wha-
"uh, you do realize that you are speaking aloud, right?"
Keith jumped, realizing he was speaking his thoughts aloud.
"I mean, if you wanted to know, you could have just asked. We were in a plane, and it crashed over there."
Paul waved vaugly behind him.
"oh... how... unfortunate."
Keith looked off into the distance, obviously thinking about something.
Paul gave him a strange look.
"If you didn't know about the crash, either you have amnesia, or you didn't come on the plane. Either way, you're probably worse off than the rest of us, because if you had amnesia, that's a serious problem. If you got here some other way than the plane, then you probably don't have much food... there's this guy. big. HUGE. Killed a deer with his bare hands."
Keith's face went white.
"Don't worry though. he's harmless. well... mostly harmless."
Keith chuckled. as Paul said those last two words.
"what are you laughing at? Was it something I said?"
Keith stopped laughing and replied
"No, it just reminded me of a book I once read. I'll come with you then."
making sure he wasn't speaking aloud, Keith thought to himself.
Hmmm... if they have a guy that strong, maybe he could remove that thing... and then I could... yes...
Paul thought to himself, keeping a wary eye on his new accomplice.
This guy strikes me as odd. He knew nothing of the crash. even if he did live hear, it was kind of hard to miss a freaking plane crash... and i know nothing about this guy. Oh well. At least we have a ton of knives back at the camp. Knives... and one Cobra.

td260-2
Riff Raff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu May 27, 2010 2:53 pm

Psst, you don't have to hide your identity anymore, y'know Razz

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu May 27, 2010 3:28 pm

As Mike took Vera and left there remained a awkward silence between Roy and Zoran. In a fight, Roy would definatly lose, but currently Zorans eyes seemed more clear and friendly. This was the nice, more forgiving Zoran.

Roy sighed and walked to the bushes, grabbing the second bottle. "The supposed antidote...really a lethal poison. Using what is normally refered to as the placebo effect we can fake out the body to stimulate its own antidote cells...It was a gamble on wether or not I could make you believe you were ill. I bet that at the most you feld itchy or hot."

Roy opened the bottle and emptied the poison over the elephantsear plant he extracted it from. "It was a pain in the ass to extract it, but if you didn't kill that poor guy, I dont think I'll need it."
Roy sighed. his right arm was stinging and he feld exhausted from the act he had to use. "I'll collect some fruit for the group and go to my shack." He nodded friendly to Zoran. "I apologize for setting you up like that, but I needed to make sure your other side wasn't going around killing us tonight. I request he retracts his threat though."
Roy snickered thinking about it. A slightly desperate snicker, but it made a ridiculous amount of sense. "We'll need each other to get of the island...and him killing everyone leaves you all alone....and you dont seem like the type to like being all alone for a lifetime."

Roy grabbed the oranges he could carry and balance on his arms and walked back to the shack. "Zoran is still a tad of a loose cannon....but he might realise the consequences of his threat...I wonder how the exploration team did"

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:44 am

BUMP because it needed it and i wanted to do this again

"Altaira looked at the man who had attacked Paul warily. Something wasn't right about him, his clothes, the way he carried himself, and his eyes. They were too shifty. She didn't like it. When he had attacked Paul, she had quickly unsheathed her knife, poised to attack. But "Keith" if that really was his name, had backed off quickly, leaving her to sheath her knife again. But in the brief time that the scuffle had taken place she had noticed an animal like fury in him, which could be very dangerous. She was going to have to watch him closely, and make sure he didn't pull a fast one on them. If he tried anything stupid, she would be there to stop him, hopefully."

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 am

WHY?!?!?!?! WHY DID YOU BUMP THIS!!!!!

Anyone who bothers to read the last few pages, fill me in on what is happening, too lazy.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:45 pm

some new guy in a labcoat showed up. people are paranoid.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:58 pm

And everyone died.

End of Lemurias Gate.

Hey, what was everyones secrets?

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:10 pm

Paul died choking on a fishbone. It was very sad.

Anyway, Paul had a compulsive self preservation instinct. When he's in danger he sort of blacks out and runs to safety. That's why he woke up so far away from the plane. If the group was ever chased by people trying to kill us Paul would run for safety, even if he didn't want to, even if it meant other people died.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:03 pm

I died of heat stroke Very Happy

But yeah, my secret was that I was insanely paranoid, Had Multiple personalities, and something else I forgot.
So basically, me XD

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 pm

Oh. Man, that makes my secret seem like a very overdramatic drama fest.

My Suitcase contained the Original works of shakespeare, along with 16 never before read Sonnets, and 2 plays.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:08 pm

huh well if we're revealing it all altaira secret was that as a child her parents died in a car crash and that she blaimed herself for it because she had distracted her father who was driving. so she is overly nice to people but tries to not get too attached. she also tries to act overly tough to hide her sadness.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:53 am

Vera's secret was that she was a liar. Not really a secret. But she "borrowed (without permission)" a lot of money off her dad, failed university, acquired some money by stripping and posing for rather dubious publications...and because she didn't want her dad to know about her failure, she was taking the money she'd gotten and running away to America, considering her mother is a free spirited artiste who would be a lot less likely to judge. So while she seemed kind of snobbish, if a little whore-ish, she was really just a mixed up girl who didn't know how to be an adult.

So a little like me, but extreme. Razz

Classy, I know.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:31 am

Roy was a failed psychologist, and had poisoned a friend to steal his research. Also, he completly got away with it.

Yes, stylish like that.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 am

zoran was a murderous nutjob. shocking, i know...

also, roy died because i killed him. so did vera and george.

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:28 am

Ansem wrote:zoran was a murderous nutjob. shocking, i know...

also, roy died because i killed him. so did vera and george.

At least she put out for him before he killed her. Razz

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:31 am

Cobra if I remembered correctly didn't exactly have all of his mental bolts screwed in tightly

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:53 pm

keith got eaten by satan.

Keith was a member of a research team to crack a hole in the universe to try to access parallel dimensions. unfortunately, they found one where the imagination of the creators of DOOM went wild, and horribly wrong, and satan came out and fucked shit up. Then, keith who was goofing off in his office, (because he was a sort of intern) managed to seal it off using one of 7 seals. however, the infrastructure was weakened, and he was going to bail on the island when he ran into the group. Knowing that the portal could be sealed and permanently removed from reality if all seals were in place, he plotted to use the survivors and their skills to finish the remaining seals in the destroyed research bsae, and then bail, because the facility was going to self destruct if he activated the 7 seals dead man's protocol. I was planning on having him get a change of heart in the end and save everyone, but only after he was a tremendous asshole and abandoned them to their fates.

I was given a basic Idea for him, and told to do whatever the hell i wanted with that basic idea. I came up with that crap above. This would have been an epic story if people didn't have the attention spans of cabbage. Of course, I didn't post as much as I should have, so whatever.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spontaneous Combustion on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 am

So it's over now?
What was the smoke monster? Where did the polar bears come from?
And what was the deal with the talking boar head?

Also, who won the last immunity challenge?

Spontaneous Combustion
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

*kicks td* You spent ages badgering me to join, then when I gave you the oppotunity to join in and revitalise the game you did nothing. Grr.

Well, guess I should share the secret behind the island. Remember back at the beginning when I was going to split you into two groups? Here was the writeup for the second group:

---------

The island has no official name, but has been designated AT/96K. Lurking somewhere near the mid-Atlantic, it lies well away from any shipping lanes or air traffic routes. It was due to this isolation that the island was deemed the perfect place for Project Red Horse.

Red Horse was a collaboration between UK and US government agencies, so shrouded in secrecy that very few people knew of it. Red Horse can trace its roots back to the World Wars, where new technology was uncovering all manner of bizarre glitches and phenomenon. Strange pieces of static, number stations, radar anomalies known as 'angels'. Attempts to uncover the source of these annoyances lead to a startling and dangerous discovery.

These relics were echoes of another dimension.

Perhaps without a trace of irony, it's been nicknamed Dimension X, or the Shadow. It lies obliquely to ours and occasionally entities or images bleed through from the other side...things we commonly call ghosts, shadow men and UFOs. Red Horse was set up to investigate the Shadow, and if possible to contact it.

Unfortunately, it succeeded.

The Project has lasted for several decades on the island. A large facility was built, complete with miles of corridors and acres of rooms. Those working on the Project were essentially trapped there for months, sometimes years, and so all the necessary resources were built, including living spaces, gyms, even a small cinema. These however were dwarfed by the laboratories and research facilities that dominated the area. Hundreds of scientists toiled away in the bowels of the island, seeking to unlock a way into this other dimension.

Eventually a large machine, looking much like the bizarre love child of a Stargate and the Hadron Collider, was built in the depths of the facility and named TIMAEUS. The amount of power needed to operate the machine was enormous, often causing blackouts. But it succeeded, for short periods of time, to open a tiny doorway into the Shadow.

The first portal closed after a few seconds, but it was enough. The scientists renewed their work, and could soon open the doorway for minutes at a time. At first they sent in some lab animals. All seemed fine, apart from the few instances where the animals came back missing chunks of their bodies. They decided to try again with humans. Nobody of course wanted to go through, but the people in charge wanted results. So they began sending in people who were deemed...expendable. Prisoners on death row. Suspected terrorists. Political activists. Not everyone returned. Of those that did, not all of them were intact.

Plans were being made for a full-blown expedition through the portal when disaster struck. Something unknown went horribly, horribly wrong. The portal exploded, great tidal waves of energy ripping through the facility, annihilating everything in its path. The very fabric of reality warped and ripped, time and space tearing apart at the seams. In its wake spewed daemonic shadowy hordes, monstrous creatures that savaged those still alive, howling and baying in alien tongues.

Somehow, you've survived. The great tides of energy have abated, the facility seems still and abandoned again. What on earth happened in Red Horse? Did anyone else survive? How are you going to contact the outside world?

But more frighteningly...are you really all alone?

----------

Wonder if anyone noticed all the little references in there.

Anyway, the collapse of the Gate killed pretty much everybody in the research facility and the backlash of energy was what brought down the plane. I was planning on you guys discovering the facility and having adventures of mind-bending horror within as you try and figure out what the hell happened. Would you have tried to stablise the Gate? Seal it shut forever? Kill the extradimensional creatures, or try and reason with them?

I was quite looking forward to you guys stumbling round the facility scared witless as well Sad

Oh, also, Jim's secret was that he wasn't actually a crew member. He was a pilot but became blind in one eye and kept it a secret, since he loved flying and didn't want to give it up. He had a crash due to his blindspot which resulted in several fatalities, and was thrown out of the service and banned from flying. He's being going slightly spare ever since, being denied what he loves. He was a passenger on board but lied about being the pilot in an attempt to get back to his glory days. And maybe, if he saved everyone, be given the chance to go back in the air again.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, my character was basically me (even had the same name) and I couldn't think of anything better to have as my dark secret, so I just used "Karl-Kristoffer has got a crippling fear of heights."
I really am afraid of heights.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:56 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top