Lemuria's Gate

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lemuria's Gate

Post  Sahrimnir on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:32 pm

"You can hear it that clearly, huh?"
Karl-Kristoffer smiled.
"Yes, I'm Swedish actually. Also, I don't really care much what people call me. My family calls me Kristoffer, my friends usually call me KK, I had a classmate in 9th grade who called me Bicycle..."
"Bicycle?" Roy asked.
"Yeah, it's quite an amusing story. School was over for the day and a classmate was trying to unlock her bicycle. She had some trouble doing that and got slightly annoyed, saying something like 'Damn stupid bicycle'. She then suddenly noticed I was standing in front of her unlocking my own bicycle and immediately explained 'Oh sorry, KK. I wasn't talking to you.' To which I responded 'I understood that, because I'm not a Bicycle'. Another classmate heard that and has since then called me Bicycle."
KK then continued "So, where are you from?"

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 pm

"Ya, then again I guess I'm a bit of a character myself hehe. I mean look at that guy drinking the Baileys over there and that guy over there sounds like he's Swiss or something" Severn finishes looking around. "Must say tho, none of them seem that interesting to me except one" and he shoots a wink at Miss Montgomery. "By the way, you have pretty blue eyes" Severn gives himself a mental slap in the face, you're starting to sound desperate you dumbass. Ease off the compliments. Tho for Severn it was much easier said than done. He had a habit of being too nice of a guy which has lead to some big mistakes in his past.

"So have you done much flying?"

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minby_Aran on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:06 pm

"Yeah" Replied Minby, "But I guess they're the types of people with interesting stories. The ones who make life interesting." Minby saw his 'friend', as he began to call him in his head, take out Hamlet and begin reading. "A fan of Shakespeare?" Minby asked, "I prefer Much ado myself"

Minby_Aran
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://valiant-brawlers.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:42 pm

"Yea.." Mumbled Mike. "It is. I would never perform it, but it's a good one to go see."

Mike saw that the passengers coming on was dying down. In just a bit they would be in the air, and he would be in the clear.

Mike inconspicuously eyed his -friends- music playing device.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:17 pm

"wow," Altaira thought to herself,"Paul sure does like movies a lot, but he does draw pretty well." She had seen the sketches and had been rather impressed with them. Maybe he should trying being a cartoonest. She wracked her brains to think of the best one to send him to, then voiced her opinon. "Y'know you'd be rather good at cartooning if your interested. I could probably even get you a job with my many connections. She smiled, "You see i'm an animator by trade, with some tradition artistry on the side. I know a LOT of people. Here, i give you my card now, so i don't forget later when we all get off, call me and i can get you a job anywhere you like. So what do you think?"

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jessica.ninness?ref=profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Paul was floored. Here he was, worried she might hate him or something and instead she practically gives him a job. It was enough to make him stop talking about movies (And few things ARE enough). Paul took the card and put it in his wallet. "I... I don't don't know what to say." Like THAT'S something new... "I'll, um, definitely take you up on that offer though."

Seriously, what are the odds? Paul's on his way back from NOT getting hired and he gets a new job opportunity. And I have to remember that it IS only an opportunity. Paul thought. I don't want to get my hopes up like I did with Sahbray.

Paul turned to Altaira and asked "Sooo... before I *Ahem* bumped into you, what was it that you were, um, reading?"

Last edited by TheTJ on Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 am

"Uhm, seriously? you were called bycicle?" Roy snickered. "Oow well, it actually sounds kinda funny. I never had a nickname, mainly cause you can't make my name any shorter. As for where I come from, I'm just from Holland. Tiny, boring country really. Drugs and hookers lose a lot of appeal when its legal I guess"
He sat back and took a few sips of his drink. "I'm a psychologist, currently hopping around universitie's to give lecture's about human group behavior. You look a lot like a student. Are you going abroad for a year, or are you just traveling for fun?"

Roy feld the plance rumbling. Appearantly they were about to lift-off

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:15 am

Once the passengers were all settled and accounted for, and the inevitable safety announcements were over (“Your exits are here, here and here”), the plane began to taxi down the runway. With the roar the engines burst into life and the plane began to lift, soaring upwards into the sky. Those lucky enough to have window seats saw the lights of London fade away, replaced by those of the countryside. Eventually those too disappeared, fading into the expanse of the English Channel, dotted with hordes of boats and ferries, before being replaced by the monotonous expanse of the Atlantic.

The passengers settled themselves down for the long flight. Some read and reread the boring inflight magazines. Others napped or watched the provided TVs (some joker had decided to put ‘Airplane!’ on as one of the movies available). As evening approached, the stewardesses brought round food and drinks.

Up in the cockpit, the pilot sipped his coffee and frowned. The warning light for engine 4 was blinking. He craned his head by the window, saw the turbine blades struggling to turn. Great, this was all he needed. It wasn’t a serious problem, but enough to delay the flight. After sending out a radio call he turned to the microphone, making an announcement to the passengers.

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We’re having a bit of trouble with one of our engines- nothing serious, let me assure you- so we’re making a slight detour to the Azores to sort this gremlin out. It shouldn’t take us long, so sadly no time for you to all enjoy the sun and sand! Sorry about this delay, we’ll do our best to sort it out as quickly as possible.”

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 am

"Th-thank you," Vera stammered, lowering her gaze. It wasn't often she got told she had nice eyes. Then again, they were usually firmly locked on the pages of a book. "I really like your eyes, too," she blurted, in barely more than a whisper. Good God, Vera, where did your composure go? These compliments completely undid her, and while it was unnerving, she kind of enjoyed the attention, too. It was a shame they would have to part ways once the flight ended, but perhaps they would be able to keep in touch. Vera decided she would like that very much indeed.

"Honestly, I haven't really flown that much. I mean, I've been overseas a couple of times...when I was a little girl, though. I haven't done much travelling in recent years. I would guess you have, though?" Vera asked, with a slight smirk. Though the smirk quickly faded when she heard the announcement that they were having engine trouble and would have to make a detour to sort it out. Immediately, a brief look of frightened confusion crossed her face - but only for a moment. Soon enough, she was giving George an awkward smile. "Well, engine trouble certainly sounds serious, but I hope it's nothing too bad," she stated, trying to hide the slight worry in her voice.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 am

Kane looked upwards in response to the captains announcement over the PA system, a few moments of lingering thought before closing his book and stuffing it back into his pocket. Taking the complimentry bottle of water in the rack infront of him he stood up, the fortunate plus of first class was you didn't have to step on anyone's toes to get out of your seat regardless of where your seat was.

He fixed the crease in his suit jacket, somewhere between entering the airport and boarding the plane he got some strange powder on his sleeve. He frowned slightly and brushed it off, dark black suit over a blood red shirt, some might mistake him for a lawyer, a criminal defender... in actuality this couldn't be further from the truth.

Walking to the large space opposite the rest room he undid the cap to his water and took a mouthful, peering out the window at the vastness and also the wing to see if it was this side that seemed to have trouble. From this angle everything seemed to be doing what it was meant to and if it wasn't, he couldn't see it.

He turned towards the other nearby occupants, feigning a stretch of his legs and other extremities, his eyes trailed over people's heads until he saw Vera. He had seen her earlier and inadvertantly bumped into her, now that she was seated and not moving about he got a better look of her. Dazzling eyes, cute, just the kind of women this wrestler would attract... or would be attracted too rather.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 am

"You're really good at this."
KK smiled again.
"Yes, I am a student. Studying game design at the University of Skövde to be precise."
"As for my reasons to travel," he continued. "I won a trip to LA with all expenses paid for in a lottery. So, I guess 'travelling for fun' would be the more appropriate answer."
"So, you say you're a psychologist? Psychology is interesting."

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm

"Oh the book....it was...it was...,"she trailed off, he's going to think i'm a total dork! "It was HarryPotterandtheDeathlyHallows," Altaira finished quickly. She winced but didn't have much time to think about it before the captain announced that they would have to make a pit stop due to issues with the engines. She frowned,[i]Great! I hope this isn't as bad as that time when i was stuck in Rapid City for four hours waiting for another planes to come and get us!" She remembered what she had just been talking about and looked at Paul to see if he remembered as well.

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:49 pm

Paul smiled. "So, uh, a Harry Potter fan huh? Well don't worry, you're, um, in good company." Paul reached into his backpack and pulled out the one book that wasn't for reference. It was a novel that had to be at least a thousand pages thick. The cover said the book was "The Gathering Storm". Paul put the book down again. "You see, I'm uh, I'm a bit of an all around nerd. I dabble in a bit of everything." Paul suddenly stopped and stared at nothing. That's odd... he thought to himself, I almost didn't stutter at all there. I wasn't even talking about some movie or game.

Paul noticed Altaira staring at him and realized he must have looked like an idiot looking into space like that. Desperate to save face, Paul changed the subject. "So, uh... Altaira. Do you fly often?"

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkFalco on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:14 pm

"The Gathering Storm? Churchill right? I've heard thats good. Yeah I travel quite often mostly just from one part of the U.S. to the other. This was my first trip out of the U.S. by plane....unless you count Canada. I was touring the famous art galleries and castles trying to get information on the next animation that i'm working on. You could just look at pictures that other people have taken, but you just don't get the feel for something unless you go out and touch it, you know?" Altaira's eye's sparkled, "Plus i just love to travel, how about you?"

DarkFalco
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Roy sat slightly uncomfortable. "Again that damn force of habbit. this is a normal conversation, not a bloody cliënt. No need to sit all "open" and caring"
"Winning a lottery? Sounds lucky. Going to LA as a tourist must be so much more fun, I wish I had that sort of luck"
Roy sat back, getting a little more comfy in his chair. "Psychology is pretty interesting yeah. I wouldn't want to make my living out of it if it bored me. Helping cliënts can be a tad shocking though. I've been told plenty of stories that would kinda ruin the atmosphere of this flight"

Roy smiled "designing games however seems pretty cool. I've been into console gaming since the N64 era, but I guess programming for a pc is easier. What kinda work does it involve?"

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Severn had noticed many of Vera's little signs of shyness and was strangely more attracted by them. Being in the spotlight like he had been for 5+ years he was used to getting attention and stuff from people but this was different, probably because she had no idea who he was and because of it there seemed to be more of a mystery surrounding her.

Now it was his turn to stammer "Umm thanks, I like to think they're my best feature honestly" George caught the smirk andfelt his heart jolt, something about it just seemed perfect. "Well ya I've done a fair bit but honestly I hate flying." Suddenly the convo was interrupted by the pilot announcing a brief stop over to make a repair. Seeing Vera's frightened look for the split second she allowed it to show and heard it in her voice despite her efforts to hide it. He put his arm around her and whispered in her ear "I'm sure it's nothing serious and that it'll be fine. Gives us more time together anyways" He winks at her and gives her a quick kiss on the cheek hoping it'd help calm her from her worry. Only thing was he could feel the colour rising to his own cheeks. He suddenly began worrying he'd scare her off with that but what could be done now. He was out of control for some reason and was sure the fact he'd noticed Mr. Bailey's checking her out out of the corner of his eye didn't help. For a wrestler it was surprising how much he hated fighting but something about this girl would be worth fighting for. "God, how pathetic have I become in a matter of a few hours with this woman?" He thought to himself.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:52 pm

Mike caught this show of affection and almost started to puke.

"hey dude, look at the pro wrestler over there... name is Savage or something...? He was sitting next to us in the terminal.. He just recently met that girl, and from the looks of it, he just kissed her. She looks nervous. should I go... say something?"

Mike put his copy of Hamlet down and glared. if there was one thing that pissed him off, it was jocks taking things too far. He grabbed his suitcase and held it close to him.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MENTOK the MINDTAKER on Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:21 pm

Kane took another mouthful of water, changing his gaze from Vera to Severn along with a long stern look. He then looked to his left and noticed Mike getting anxious about something, judging from the direction he was looking, it had something to do with Severn and his eagerness.

He looked back to Severn, a quiet scoff as he turned back around to return to his seat. ~If someone else has eyes on him, I'm sure any disturbance on the plane will be made public if it comes down to it~

When he was approaching his seat he noticed that same individual that was sitting to his left was still there, he perked his brow for a moment before returning to his seat. He clasped his hands together and occupied himself by gazing out the window.

MENTOK the MINDTAKER
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ansem on Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:34 pm

Zoran looked up when the warning came in. The look on his face could only be described as horrified. This was exactly what he was afraid for. A "minor problem", that would prove to be the death of them all.
He wanted to stand up and shout, but he remaind calm. That would only be giving in to the voices, right?

Zoran noticed the man next to him eyeing at him, so he gave him an easy smile en said.
"wow, sure got me startled when he told us about the engine having problems...i've never been on a plane before, so...whats the worst that could happen..."

Ansem
Mustached Juggernaut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:40 am

Vera had not exactly had the best past with men. She'd had some rather unfortunate experiences in the past, and on this 'reinvention' holiday, she was hoping to change that. However, she was still a little frightened of close contact. Looking up, she caught the man who had bumped in to them earlier's eyes, before biting her lip and looking away as George put an arm around her and kissed her. To say she was against the contact would be a lie, but when she caught the eyes of others looking at them, in something akin to disapproval, Vera could feel her heart sink. In actuality, she was something like a lost little girl, desperately wanting to be approved of and loved. Although, sadly, she didn't know exactly how to gain it.

Now she was barely worried about the plane - of course, the slight panic was still there, eating at the corner of her mind...but in it's place, she was worried about this, whatever this was. "I...thank you, I guess," she said, with a slight laugh. All the while, however, she was thinking to herself God, if he knew more about what sort of person I was...

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  JGH27 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 pm

Severn suddenly feels eyes on him, not a good kind either. He can feel them casting hexes under their breath and realizes he needs to tread carefully. Last thing he wants is to cause any issues for the lady. Him, he doesn't care about. Not a new situation but if Vera is already uncomfortable then anything like this will only make things worse.

I...thank you, I guess? It was basically a slap in the face that said you fucked up George, way to go

Knowing he had to do or say something he thought hard, but quick. "I'm sorry if I was out of line by kissing you, I mean...I barely know you afterall. I just....like you" Saying it just loud enough for those who're casting looks to hear but quiet enough to make it seem like it was meant only for her ears. He blushes a bit at the end as he feels a tinge of embarrassment. "If you'll excuse me for a minute, I must use the rest room" and with that he gets up and heads to the back of the plain.

He enters the facility and proceeds to look in the mirror, feeling very worn and strung out. Why am I affected so? What is it about her that makes her a drug that I can't help but crave? This can't end well and yet I'm going all in. Why? Without having any answers he washes up and gets ready to return to his seat....

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:50 pm

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We’re having a bit of trouble with one of our engines- nothing serious, let me assure you- so we’re making a slight detour to the Azores to sort this gremlin out. It shouldn’t take us long, so sadly no time for you to all enjoy the sun and sand! Sorry about this delay, we’ll do our best to sort it out as quickly as possible.”

"That can't be good." Said Marc. "I hope the bloody thing will hold on, or else we'll be in an episode of Wipeout, except without the obstacles... and more water."

Marc looked around him, some people clearly weren't feeling safe. But it was only one engine, it's not like the other 3 couldn't lift the plane.

Right?

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTJ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Paul thought about Altaira's question quite a while before answering. "Well, I really enjoy taveling too. For me, uh, the thing I like most is the locations. As you may have guessed, I'm a pretty huge movie buff, and when I travel it's like an extra connection to these movies. I see these places that are landmarks in movie culture. When I see a famous building I don't think of the historical implications it holds but rather what events in which movies took place there. When I visited Fort Knox I remembered GoldFinger, when I saw Mt. Rushmoore I thought of North by Northwest, and in London I thought of the old Sherlock Holmes, you know, the one played by Christopher Lee back in the day."

Paul realized just how much he had said and snapped his mouth shut hard enough to make his teeth clack. He had only meant to say he liked flying too, it's just that when he gets going on movies it's extremely hard to stop. And the worst of it is, everything can be related to movies. If he doesn't watch himself Paul will talk about movies when someone asks him the time.

Altaira didn't seem to mind too much though. She had sat there patiently waiting for him to run out of steam, which was nice of her. Paul opened his mouth again to say he was sorry for rambling when Altaira looked past him, out the windo, and said, "Look. We're nearly through the clouds. It won't be much longer before we land in the Azeros."

Well, I guess that's a good thing. thought Paul. When we land I guess she'll switch seats with another passenger. Although to be honest I... I kinda would like her to stay... Paul looked out the window and gave a faint smile at the quickly diminishing clouds.

TheTJ
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DRTJR on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:28 pm

Cobra sat as he saw the eyes of three or four people on Severn and Vera, and Cobra saw Severn get up out of his seat and go into the bathroom. Cobra thought "For the love of God, she's a Really shy one and it'll take more than fine wine to pry open her shell to the outside world." with out thinking he switched into Severn's seat to help any and all damage control that was necessary. “Hello there Vera, allow me to say a few words" cobra stated. “You see Severn is probably going to do one of three things sit here like nothing happened, sit some where else or, go all or nothing. No matter which choice he makes, my suggestion to you is match what he does. I'm no Relationship expert but even I can see the two of you could have a bright future together, and in my humble opinion you should open up to him and not give a damn about what the rest of the world thinks." cobra passionately proclaimed. "Your face looks like I could cook on it, you like him, he likes you. And with my guesstimation you parents where the classic free willed mother, and authoritarian father, and you where mostly raised by you father though are more like your mother. Once again my suggestion is to drink and be merry." Cobra got up from his seat and was face to face with Severn.

DRTJR
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:58 pm

Vera looked up, ashamed, as George left her side and instead the army vet came and sat down next to her. She didn't speak, merely nodded at him, but felt she had to justify her behaviour somewhat. "The thing is, I've...I've done some bad things." Though she would never speak of what those things were. "And I really don't want to hurt him...or to get hurt in return." Actually, the last time she'd let herself get close to anybody had been a mistake from the outset and she knew it, and yet she still was surprised when she got her heart broken. So she'd built up barriers around herself and somehow everything had still gone wrong again. "You are, however, correct about my parents. Though I think I'm a lot more like my father than my mother at times." Looking back down, she smiled to herself, softly. Vera Florence Montgomery, you are an idiot. Now she had to try to make things right again. And that was easier said than done.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:24 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top