Plans for my new web series: Game On!

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Plans for my new web series: Game On!

Post  JGH27 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:46 am

Goombill Rezne Koopario wrote:Alright, I'll do that.

Also, another reason why I'm starting to actually do this in a few years is because I'd like to get as much done as possible, so we don't get broke during, before, after, or in-between episodes and seasons. I'm in no way affiliated with Hollywood, so I think I'll just keep it on YouTube.

I was also thinking that either during or before I start the series, I could do some shorts, for practice to do the bigger episodes.

Shoot a short or scene, throw it up and view the feedback it receives so you have an idea of what'l wrk and what doesn't.

JGH27
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:01 am

Exactly. Once I do enough shorts, I'll know what's possible and what's not, then I'll make the series.

I'm probably thinking each character gets their own short, or at least one short per game series (e.g. a Super Mario short, a Sonic short, a Legend of Zelda short, a Metroid short, etc.)

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blue Madness on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 am

Do you have ANY idea how much money you're gonna spend with this?

Blue Madness
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:21 pm

Hundreds, maybe thousands. I'm saving up my budget and I've made a couple of props, but unless I can find better ones, I'll take pictures and show Viero. I've never done anything like this before, so I don't have a whole lot of experience.

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Just a word of advice from someone who dabbles in costumes- that is going to eat up a huge chunk of your budget. To get a decent one you'll be looking at around £100 ($151) each. And that's before taking into account accessories. Not to mention the sheer amount of man hours it takes. If you're not familiar with sewing it will take you even longer, and hiring someone to do it will cost even more.

TWBB managed because the Escapist (eventually) gave them money towards it. If your series is coming out of your own pocket, be prepared for the consequences. You can't make money out of it because of copywrite issues.

Not to put you off, but something like this is a huge financial investment, so you need to think and plan carefully.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 pm

Put the preview or what ever you are doing up and try and see if you can get some people to help fund you. Until then I would not go past the preview of it.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Okay. But this still is not happening for a few more years, and I'm preparing along the way. Also, I'm thinking about character amount reduction again, and this may or may not mean I'll have to get rid of Geno and other characters you were probably looking forward to.

Also, I was hoping to have one episode mostly animated in Flash; I was hoping to do an episode involved with the Minus World in the classic Super Mario Bros. game, kind of like in episode 7 of Super Mario Bros. Z, but not exactly copying the episode; just making my own "version" of it.

Luckily I do know someone who can sew, a family member who will do it (probably) for free. If said person is willing, maybe they can also teach me how to do it, too.

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:55 am

Well, I apologize for the double-post, but this is a small update. Plus, it's been a few months since my last post, so we should be good.

Anyway, I now have over 20 songs for the soundtrack, including a few OC remixes, four amazing Michael Jackson remixes, a few songs I bought on iTunes, a mashup I made of the Mario Galaxy 1 and Galaxy 2 Bowser's Domain songs, a few 8-Bit songs for the Minus World scenes, a song from Metal Slug 4, and many more.

I have also got a few actors. Here's the list of characters I got actors for:

-Mario, Roy Koopa, King Dedede, and Mister Dark will be played by me,
-Luigi, Mr. L, and Maluigi will be played by my "bro" (a BFF),
-Princess Peach will be played by my "sis" (another BFF),
-Ness will be played by another "bro" (yet another BFF),
-Solid Snake will be played my my dad.

There may or may not be a few actor changes, and I'm still looking. I need someone to do the voice of Tabuu, anyone interested?

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 am

I can use voice changer d to get to a good range of what it would sound like.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:31 pm

Sweet! Hey, I was thinking of something. Anyone know the series "Press Start Adventures"? Well, the series is animated, and the movies are live-action. One day, I thought to myself, why not try that? After all, I'm getting a Windows for Christmas and I'll hopefully get Flash, so I could do something like that. Live-action takes a long time to put together, and I'm sure I'd wear down the camera doing five seasons, plus the movie. And I certainly don't have anything for visual effects. Plus, I'll be animating the Minus World scenes anyway, so...I think it could work out.

Also, I thought of it a while ago, but I didn't want to triple-post. Even if it was an update.

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Well even if I do want to punch you I would still like to see the finish project. So ya I will help out in any way I can.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:22 pm

What!? Why would you want to punch me!? I'm only doing what I can!!! I've never done anything like this before!

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivian Vex on Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Not because of this. Because of your other post in other places. If anything I should commend you on trying something this big at your age. But that does not chance how much I want to punch you for pretty much being a douche in your past posts.

Vivian Vex
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thwompman64 (Goombill) on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Oh. Yeah, sorry about the douche-ness. I'm trying to get better.

Anyways, that's probably how I'll do the show. The movie will, of course, be live action. I'll have to play around in Flash, of course, and maybe put up some "test movies".

Thwompman64 (Goombill)
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 10:41 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top