The Anime Thread

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Anime Thread

Post  Bugman on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 pm

God damn chapter 419 was badass.

And Ichigo looks a little like Dante now...

And FOR ONCE Ichigo is not getting his ass handed to him when a fight starts! It's quite the opposite this time. Heck, Aizen transformed and he still can make Ichigo even flinch!

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bugman on Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:45 pm

That is all.

Bugman
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:45 am

to be fair, I just followed Bleach and for the most part its decent......Then there are chapters like the fight with Byakuran or this, and it goes from decent to extreme bad-ass.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:39 pm

I read Prince of Tennis......The main character is an annoying fucking prick, but overal it was harmless.

Had I known the anime was anything like this however........This is so amazingly stupid its almost worth watching

Last edited by King Avalanche on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  .. on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:43 pm

I never watched that show once while Toonami had it on during its last year.

OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:48 pm

King Avalanche wrote:

I read Prince of Tennis......The main character is an annoying fucking prick, but overal it was harmless.

Had I known the anime was anything like this however........

I liked the manga, though it was slow at parts. And that anime is absolutely ridiculos, eheh. I've never been in a tennis match where spiking the ball involved flying through space, magically stripping, and wrecking the entire stadium.

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Smashy B on Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

Quaetam wrote:I've never been in a tennis match where spiking the ball involved flying through space, magically stripping, and wrecking the entire stadium.
You've been doing it wrong.

Steam: smashbro815
3DS/Pokemon X&Y: 1048-8610-9932
"I wish I had a magical spaceship made of yellow ideas that could go in space with like a tiger wearing a purple flower, and everything would be colored happyness:)" - SurgePox
"All Pokemon are just Ditto anyway" - Raya
"Krystal's Ok. But what about Umbreon. Now thats a sexy Pokemon, like a sports car." - Dismal

Smashy B
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Quaetam on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:35 pm

smashbro wrote:
Quaetam wrote:I've never been in a tennis match where spiking the ball involved flying through space, magically stripping, and wrecking the entire stadium.

Quite Razz

Has anyone here read One Piece extensively? It's supposedly good (world's most-read manga), but I've had trouble taking it very seriously, (partially, I'll admit, because of the art style and the main character being named Monkey)

Quaetam
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Quaetam wrote:
smashbro wrote:

Quite Razz

Has anyone here read One Piece extensively? It's supposedly good (world's most-read manga), but I've had trouble taking it very seriously, (partially, I'll admit, because of the art style and the main character being named Monkey)

It takes the very typical shonen route of going to location X, fighting ensues, shit gets fucked up, shit gets fixed again, everybody happy. Sometimes Luffy gets a new crew member as result of those fights, etc. But the fights are actually pretty well done and actually have meaning....half of the time. the humor and the characters work really well.....It takes a while to get used to the setting, but its pretty enjoyable.

Then again, the 632 chapters currently availeble might be a bit intimidating. If you have a week off or say.....summer holiday, you may be able to get into it Razz Art style in the manga doesnt bug me, but I cant watch the anime.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Requiem on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:46 pm

As opposed to myself, I'm too lazy to bother reading the manga. It's not too terribly bad once you get passed a certain point as it develops some maturity, but as with all long running anime shows, it's got it's high points and it's low points, and sometimes those low points drag across the bottom of the spectrum making it hard to stay interested. Still, overall it's not too bad of a way to kill twenty minutes or so once a week if you get bored.

Requiem
Savior in Green

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:42 pm

I'm so glad this thread got bumped.

Someone showed me this the other day and I have decided this is the most awesome show ever based entirely on these 20 seconds.

Spoiler:
GALACTIC PRETTY BOY!

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chronicle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

I know I'm bumping a thread that's been dead for a few months, but my boyfriend told me that it's okay on this forum as long as I have something constructive to say...

One of my favorite series is Slayers. Lina and Gourry are just adorable together and have amazing chemistry. I can never stop smiling when I watch it. Even though everyone has the obnoxiously-colored, stereotypical fantasy gear, it's just so much fun to watch. And then there's Amelia and Zelgadis. All right, Amelia annoys me a little at times ("FOR JUSTICE~~!"), but watching Zel freak out is absolutely priceless. The crossdressing episodes are a plus. Zel in a dress is one of the most glorious things I've ever seen. Does anyone else like Slayers?

Chronicle
Feral Mercenary

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Don't watch an anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica if you value your heart.

It's easily my favourite anime (not that I watch much in the way of anime). It's intelligent (with references to Faust, amongst many), it's incredibly well written, it's a beautiful deconstruction of the magical girl genre, and I'd easily recommend it to everyone, even if you don't like typical kawaii magical girl high school anime - it's about as far removed from that as possible while still remaining in the genre. It's basically considered the Neon Genesis Evangelion of magical girl anime. Sure, it starts off seemingly cute and innocent - but wait until episode 3.

But oh my god, I've watched it before, and I'm only at episode 7 in my rewatching and I just

can't. stop. crying.

On a lighter note, I just picked up Pokemon Adventures volume 1 - 3 (I had 4 and 5) and Ace Attorney Investigations vol 1 (in the way of manga) so I guess that'll cheer me up maybe? :U

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:43 am

Pineapple wrote:Don't watch an anime called Puella Magi Madoka Magica if you value your heart.
done, but i prefer Evangelion :3

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Probably because magical girls don't mean as much to you as they do to me.

Idk, Madoka Magica just really hit close to home with me. *shrug*

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  barda_ehmos on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:52 pm

The anime which have the better impact on me is Trigun.
He have some psychologycal moment too but there is a little more humor.

barda_ehmos
Wario's Bodyguard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:40 pm

I am trying to find the anime of this to watch but I am having a lot of difficutly.

IT'S MEGANE OYAJI THOUGH HHNNNNNNG it's like everything i ever dreamed of

and the manga is depressingly short, sigh

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 pm

the actual fuck did I just watch.

Friend of mine was talking about this anime with a really fucked up twist ending.

So, I'm like "whatever, sure, let's watch this."

Opening scene, panty shots and full frontal nudity from clothes exploding.

Welcome to Master of Martial Hearts.

So.

5 episodes in this anime.

for 4 of them, it's pretty bland.

it's a girl that has a best friend and not many more friends, meets this shrine girl in a fight. stands up for the shrine girl, beats off this flight attendant. Now the MC is involved in this fighting tournament. The winner gets their wish made a reality.

shit goes on.

MC starts fighting because if she doesn't, people are still going to try to kill her.

Also, shrine girl got kidnapped and she wants to get her back.

Fights happen, Clothing exploding everywhere, and even the pervy guy in the group is like "this is kinda unnecessary" but whatever.

(we basically decided that the clothes act as the health meter of the fighters.)

Anyway.

4 episodes go by.

then the fifth episode hits.

Spoiler:

turns out BFFL is actually a psycho bitch who wants to kill the MC. So is shrine girl. They're both doing it because apparently MC had a real asshole dad who killed people, and did so in a partnership with the mother. Mother of BFFL was almost killed by MC parents, and shrine girl's parents WERE killed by the MC parents, so they decide to get revenge by pretending to be friends with MC then killing her. they go on for about 15 minutes about how awful it was to pretend to smile and be her friend all while wanting to murder her, and being disgusted to be so close to the hellspawn that she is.

Oh, and there's a random guy who was running the contest that turned the people that lost in fights into mindless sex slaves.

and then the mother walks in with C4 and shit, sets everything on fire and kills people, and says that it was all done by the grandfather of her and the parents of shrine girl and BFFL, and that she wasn't the one who committed murder.

MC gets away after getting shot a number of times.

BFFL's mother walks to the door.

You see her open the door and look shocked.

Cut to black.

Credits roll.

end.

the actual fuck did I just watch.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:13 pm

At least it wasn't Boku no Pico.

I watched two episodes of Boku no Pico and I was like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Doctor Shemp wrote:At least it wasn't Boku no Pico.

I watched two episodes of Boku no Pico and I was like YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

touche.

but like

that fucking ending

what the actual fuck did I just watch

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:52 am

Bumping to ask if anyone's watched Attack on Titan yet?

I've got a short attention span for anime but I really want to watch this (the fact that there's only 12 episodes helps). Unfortunately my internet seems to be conspiring against me - when I tried to watch online, the video stopped loading at 18 minutes, and when I downloaded it, the files wouldn't open for me.

But hey, the first 18 minutes were pretty great. I'm glad I knew to expect dramatic and despair-inducing things, cause it's pretty heavy.

also the OP is marvellous of course but we all knew that

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:28 pm

I saw the first 12 episodes yesterday and episode 13 today. It is awesome!

Now that I've caught up, I really want to know what happens next... I think I'll start reading the manga because I'm too impatient to wait for the next episode of the anime.

Also, listening to the opening while reading a translation of the lyrics really makes one go "Let's go kick some titan ass and protect humanity!"

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:49 pm

The one problem I have with Attack on Titan is that Jean looks just like Great Teacher Onizuka.

That's all I can see every time he's on screen.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 pm

I've had a personal interest in Attack on Titan ever since I heard of the basic plot. I'm on episode 8 right now and while the show is very very good, it continually makes me feel extremely uncomfortable.

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:59 am

So yeah, watched a bunch of animes recently.....

Attack on Titan: Like Snake said, ocassionally it gets pretty uncomfortable but its a very fascinating world. The equipment they use to combat the titans make for some very cool fightscenes. The supporting cast is also pretty fun. It's a shame I hate the main character.

Sword Art Online: Fun world and ocassionally really beautiful animation but both the main character and his supporting cast are pretty lame. Stopped watching halfway trough the second arc.

Pokemon Origins: Definitely not a bad recap of Blue/Red. The fights with Brock and Giovanni were very fun to watch. I just wished we saw more of a relation to his other pokemon and that it didn't skip over most of the gymfights and only recapped the elite four fights. I wanted to see that shit! (that and the final episode was a shameless promotion for pokemon X/Y's mega-evolutions.). So I guess my main criticism is that I wanted more?

Avatar Legend of Korra: Having watched season 1 and kinda enjoying it I was hoping it would improve from there, but it seems Korra herself has grown stupider. To even the playing field though, everyone seems to have gotten significantly stupider ("Come let's start a war! Come, let's ask the mob for help!")

Dangan Ronpa: Reminded me a lot of 'Doubt' but significantly less dark: Think of a real life game of mafia and you get the gist of it. It's pretty short with 13 episodes and I loved it. It's very murder-mysterylike and the host is hilariously cruel. If you know the genre a little it isn't difficult to guess who the culprit is and from what I gathered the anime skips on some important details but its still a really fun little series.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 2:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top