The Anime Thread

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Anime Thread

Post  TD260 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 pm

King Avalanche wrote:So yeah, watched a bunch of animes recently.....

Attack on Titan: Like Snake said, ocassionally it gets pretty uncomfortable but its a very fascinating world. The equipment they use to combat the titans make for some very cool fightscenes. The supporting cast is also pretty fun. It's a shame I hate the main character.

Sword Art Online: Fun world and ocassionally really beautiful animation but both the main character and his supporting cast are pretty lame. Stopped watching halfway trough the second arc.

Pokemon Origins: Definitely not a bad recap of Blue/Red. The fights with Brock and Giovanni were very fun to watch. I just wished we saw more of a relation to his other pokemon and that it didn't skip over most of the gymfights and only recapped the elite four fights. I wanted to see that shit! (that and the final episode was a shameless promotion for pokemon X/Y's mega-evolutions.). So I guess my main criticism is that I wanted more?

Avatar Legend of Korra: Having watched season 1 and kinda enjoying it I was hoping it would improve from there, but it seems Korra herself has grown stupider. To even the playing field though, everyone seems to have gotten significantly stupider ("Come let's start a war! Come, let's ask the mob for help!")

Dangan Ronpa: Reminded me a lot of 'Doubt' but significantly less dark: Think of a real life game of mafia and you get the gist of it. It's pretty short with 13 episodes and I loved it. It's very murder-mysterylike and the host is hilariously cruel. If you know the genre a little it isn't difficult to guess who the culprit is and from what I gathered the anime skips on some important details but its still a really fun little series.

SAO was really only "good" for the first half. The second arc just got... bad.

And I mean cousin-fucking bad.

Pokemon origins would be so much better if it were longer.

I need to watch more Attack on Titan.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:10 am

TD260 wrote:
King Avalanche wrote: Snippity-Snap
SAO was really only "good" for the first half. The second arc just got... bad.

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I stopped along with the villain who turned more and more into pedobear.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Doctor Shulk on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:49 am

I caved and started watching Dangan Ronpa a while back, I was sick of everyone on tumblr raving about it. And then being obnoxious like "oh don't tell people they're not REAL fans if they start getting in to it through the anime, it's not the end of the world if they didn't read the LP like us ORIGINAL fans or anything" which was pretty bullshit.

I still haven't watched the last episode though all the plot twists have been spoiled for me forever.

I still don't watch much anime though Madoka Magica and Persona 4: The Animation have special places in my heart.

Doctor Shulk
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile http://gangreldorf.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sahrimnir on Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:48 am

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the nostalgia thread, but I decided on the anime thread because the anime is new, even though the old Swedish film and the original novel by Astrid Lindgren are definitely nostalgic for me.

Anyway, Studio Ghibli has made an anime out of Ronja the Robber's Daughter. I just saw the first episode and I liked it.

Sahrimnir
Bowser's Right Hand

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:32 pm

I bet this is going to make a buttload of money.

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

FUUUUUUCKKKKK YOOOOOUUUUU

the one time I trust you with my back and you plant a dagger in it.

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 pm

An anime is making me feel and it's name is Death Parade

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:03 pm

So Sword Art Online is pretty horrible, I think most of us can agree about that. This however, makes up for a lot of it.

As for actual anime, they're actually working on Prison School... An incredibly perverted comedy about 5 boys enrolling in a previously all-girl school.... It's perverted and sadomasochistic as hell but boy is it funny. Severely NSFW.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:45 pm

SAO's not. THAT bad. But there is far, far better out there.

On the topic of Prison School though, it's interesting that there's so much NSFW stuff this season- between that and Shimoneta. Not really my cup of tea, to be honest. I'm more excited about the final episode of Rokka no Yuusha coming out next week.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Relmitos on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:19 am

I'm going to have to disagree that SAO is bad. I liked it, at the very least the first half of the first season. I didn't mind the Alfheim part though.

I did have a good laugh at the episodes of the abridged versions I watched. There's probably another one or two out by now, it's been awhile.

Relmitos
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:55 am

Then it looks like I'm in the minority with my dislike for SAO. That's cool. It's not like it was entirely without merrit. I can concede that the animation was lovely and that Asuna had the potential of being an interesting character but those are probably the only points I can give it. The lack of urgency/pacing in the story, the Gary Stu that is Kirito and rapey antagonist just killed it for me.

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Been meaning to check out this for a while, sounds like my cup of tea. To save the world from destruction by demons, the prophecy states that the Goddess will choose 6 warriors to fight and save the day. And then 7 of them show up. Which of them is working for the demons?

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnakeInABox on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:53 pm

Everyone should try Jojos Bizarre Adventure. It is truly a wild ride. And funny as FUCK

SnakeInABox
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalanche on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:21 am

Honestly, the only thing I know about JBA is the 'you expected [blank] but it was me, Dio' meme.

Spoiler:

No idea why that meme cracks me up. I tried reading the manga but couldn't really get into it. Is the anime worth checking out?

Incidentally....

Avalanche
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Raya on Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:23 pm

So yeah, Jewelpets is a thing. This isn't an AMV, this is an actual thing that happens in an episode

Bonus:

King Avalanche:
Spoiler:

FUCK YOU RAYA.

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU

AND

Raya
Guardian of the Kingdom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TD260 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:37 pm

Avalanche wrote:Honestly, the only thing I know about JBA is the 'you expected [blank] but it was me, Dio' meme.

Spoiler:

No idea why that meme cracks me up. I tried reading the manga but couldn't really get into it. Is the anime worth checking out?

Well, I greatly enjoy the anime when I get to see it. As an aside, I would like to point out a little game of "Who's that VA" from the test dub of the 3rd JoJo Arc.

TD260
OMNIPOTENT BRAWLER

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The Magician's Adviser on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 pm

SnakeInABox wrote:Everyone should try Jojos Bizarre Adventure. It is truly a wild ride. And funny as FUCK

And hereI was ALSO about to extol the virtues of JoJo

The Magician's Adviser
Corrupt Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 4:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic View next topic Back to top